Shootist Jeff

Fire and Fury - the trump expose

10 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

That's "Rights" with a capital R - and the Euros on the board have agreed that they don't have what the US has. Fact.

Not sure why your panties are all twisted up on this one.

But what they do all have is what you said they do not, a right to free speech. Not sure why you can't accept reality.

13 hours ago, soak_ed said:

I usually request transportation when I am at a big airport.  I don't walk real well, especially if I've been on a plane for 8 hours or so, and in airports like Frankfurt Main or London Heathrow, you have to do some serious walking.  Last year I went through Heathrow and there was a sign listing the walking times to the various gates.  For my gate it said 20 minutes!  Sometimes it is a wheelchair or some sort of rolling chair.  Sometimes it;s one of those golf carts.  On the golf cart you often get to share the ride.  Almost every time it is a very overweight person.  One advantage is you get to go to a special line for cutoms and imigration and also the security check.  No lines, no waiting.

HA Yea, I flew after all 4 surgeries, (different times of the year, xmass, thanksgiving and summer trip) the cart thing is cool.  Though I am rather young, 38 for the first set, the security line thing was wellllll worth it.  passed through the xmass line at DIA in 5 mins.  News wait said it was 2 hours when we left. :)  that is the one place I don't mind fucking over everyone else.  WHen TSA is involved it is every man for themselves.  :ph34r:

This 'Free speech' argument is fun... 

tenor.gif?itemid=4735568

31 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

That's "Rights" with a capital R - and the Euros on the board have agreed that they don't have what the US has. Fact.

Not sure why your panties are all twisted up on this one.

I give up. It’s a complete waste of time trying to discuss anything with some of the rabid right wingers here. 

6 minutes ago, mad said:

I give up. It’s a complete waste of time trying to discuss anything with some of the rabid right wingers here. 

What's rabid or right wing about pointing out that a right exists where it does in fact exist?

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

And, yet, you do that very thing.

You freely admit that your post was in response to something "stupid", and then you do the very same thing.  Making your post "stupid". 

Man, Jack, you are so very bad at this.

Hey Jethro, read and learn ( Have you ever contemplated changing your screen name? It really is unfair to Bus Drivers) 

par·o·dy
ˈperədē/
noun

1. 1.
    an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.
    "the movie is a parody of the horror genre"
    synonyms: satire, burlesque, lampoon, pastiche, caricature, imitation, mockery; Mor
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Dog said:

What's rabid or right wing about pointing out that a right exists where it does in fact exist?

I'm sorry you can't differentiate with a "Right" in the constitutional-sense that restricts the gov't from certain policies, vs a gov't which chooses to allow speech but can change that choice if they so choose. You know, like prosecuting someone for a Facebook post.  Something like that.

Your refusal to use the basic definition of words is not our issue. It's yours.

16 minutes ago, Dog said:

Your constant twisting of words and evading of answering a direct question in order to score a win is tiresome to say the least.  

I’ll leave you to it. 

11 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I'm sorry you can't differentiate with a "Right" in the constitutional-sense that restricts the gov't from certain policies, vs a gov't which chooses to allow speech but can change that choice if they so choose. You know, like prosecuting someone for a Facebook post.  Something like that.

He can join the others on the ignore list. 

EU -

“Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.”

“The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or the rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_by_country

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Here you go, @Hillary, I mean @Happy Jack.  A study of the guy's speaking ability, which is different from his ability to read the words someone else wrote.

Fourth Grade Level.

Oh looky, I must be smarter than everyone. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.d3dc10554c5af742974dce9d6d2cca36.JPG

That's like four doctoral degrees ...

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Freedom of speech is a right protected by the constitutions (or their equivalent) of European countries.

Educate yourself...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_by_country

15 hours ago, soak_ed said:

I usually request transportation when I am at a big airport.  I don't walk real well, especially if I've been on a plane for 8 hours or so, and in airports like Frankfurt Main or London Heathrow, you have to do some serious walking.  Last year I went through Heathrow and there was a sign listing the walking times to the various gates.  For my gate it said 20 minutes!  Sometimes it is a wheelchair or some sort of rolling chair.  Sometimes it;s one of those golf carts.  On the golf cart you often get to share the ride.  Almost every time it is a very overweight person.  One advantage is you get to go to a special line for cutoms and imigration and also the security check.  No lines, no waiting.

Do you only do this in airports?  Or do your barely 18 yr old Polish girls also push you around in a wheelchair too?  It seems like all the pics you post of your harem, NTTAWWT, you are standing up just fine.  I call BS on your disabilities.

• Downvote 1

21 hours ago, shaggy said:

Come on Jeff, I would expect more from you...  The economy is rolling because of your guy, the jobless rate is tiny, believe me, Those strippers, well the good looking ones, got real jobs or are working at the high end private clubs you are not allowed to know about, and the rest, well they deserve to be working at the dives.  Trickle down man, trickle down...  

Fair point!

Slippery slope .....

“Our current libel laws are a sham and a disgrace and do not represent American values and American fairness,” he told reporters. “We're going to take a very, very strong look at that.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/368309-trump-says-hell-take-a-strong-look-at-libel-laws-in-response-to-book

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Slippery slope .....

“Our current libel laws are a sham and a disgrace and do not represent American values and American fairness,” he told reporters. “We're going to take a very, very strong look at that.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/368309-trump-says-hell-take-a-strong-look-at-libel-laws-in-response-to-book

uh oh, @Dog is going to start chewing on you....

1 hour ago, Hillary said:

I am sure everyone believes you.

Why, you are the most honest and trustworthy person to ever post in the history of the Internet (a tip of the hat to President Trump and China).

After including that screenshot, crowing about your superior intellect, I suggest a name change to Sooper Genius.

Maybe you could tell us all about the superiority of the F-35 and the Ridgeline.

Or, how about that story about going to MIT?

You're a sad man.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Do you only do this in airports?  Or do your barely 18 yr old Polish girls also push you around in a wheelchair too?  It seems like all the pics you post of your harem, NTTAWWT, you are standing up just fine.  I call BS on your disabilities.

I really have no need to explain my physical condition to you Jeff.  I will say that I have had both knees replaced as a result of the severe exacerbation of a prexisitng condition, due to my military service.  Due to the damage caused prior to the replacing of the knee joints, I can bend my knees a maximum of 90 degrees.  I also in the last few years have developed a neurolgical condition in my feet and legs resulting in a 40% deficit in the nerve signals to the muscles there causing a lack of feeling and muscle weakness.  If you think going through the daily acvtivities of life is a picnic with such conditions, I invite you to shuffle along in my shoes.  I never said I couldn't stand, I said I have dificulty walking, which I do.  30 years ago I could walk at a speed in excess of 5 mph.  2 years ago I could still truck along at 3-4 mph, albeit not for any distance.  Today, I walk slower than my estranged wife who is less than 5' tall and has very short legs,  as opposed to my long legged 6'6" frame.  A few years ago I was always telling her to speed up that I couldn't even walk as slowly as she does.  Now, I have to tell her to slow down.

Now, you were in the Air Force so I know you have no idea of the meaning of the word hardship.  As a former Army soldier, I do.  I have 2 choices.  I can sit on my ass, get fat and feel sorry for myself, or I can do as much as I can, grit my teeth, get though the day and struggle to do things most people take for granted, such as walking without fear tripping and falling, especially while walking on uneven ground, standing up and sitting down without using my arms for assistance,  and having limited options as to where I can put my long legs, since they don't bend very far, etc, etc.  I continue to live as normal a life as I can.  I don't expect any of my conditions to get any better, just worse.  I am better of than some and worse off than others.  I don't have to like it, I just have to do it.  Could I walk from gate to gate at an airport?  Yes, it would take some time but I can do it.  Why should I torture myself that way when they offer services for people in my condition.  

I know we like to harrass one another on this forum.  However for you to make a statement such as you did just shows me your true character.  I will say, I am not surprised at all by your thoughtless comment, most here have a pretty good idea of exactly what kind of person you are.  Thanks for validating my opinion of you.

2 hours ago, Hillary said:

I met a guy in the boatyard who claimed to have four PHd's by his early forties.

He was a complete fuckin' idiot.

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Jeffie, I am disappointed in you.  After the stripper comment I thought you were on-board.  What is wrong with barely 18 yo polish girls??  I would think you, of all people, coming from the military, would appreciate the beauty convey'd in those words.  My FIL got one on the internet, dumped him as soon as she got her green card.  Such is life.

1 minute ago, shaggy said:

Jeffie, I am disappointed in you.  After the stripper comment I thought you were on-board.  What is wrong with barely 18 yo polish girls??  I would think you, of all people, coming from the military, would appreciate the beauty convey'd in those words.  My FIL got one on the internet, dumped him as soon as she got her green card.  Such is life.

Then the FiL needs to get the next one.

6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I met a guy in the boatyard who claimed to have four PHd's by his early forties.

He was a complete fuckin' idiot.

I’ve met ones with real PhD’s, most of which you wouldn’t trust to change a lightbulb. 

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Then the FiL needs to get the next one.

He has had his internet privileges removed and can no longer drive, so I think they are safe.  She was neither 18 or polish btw, think 38 and Russian with a 16 yo kid,  so buyer beware.  <_<

14 minutes ago, shaggy said:

He has had his internet privileges removed and can no longer drive, so I think they are safe.  She was neither 18 or polish btw, think 38 and Russian with a 16 yo kid,  so buyer beware.  <_<

I hear the most rampant centers of STDs is assisted living homes, so maybe there’s still some hope...

8 hours ago, Dog said:

What a crock... There is a raging debate in this country currently over proposals to revoke certain 2nd amendment rights.

Debating something doesn't make it so. Kind of like the debate about whether Jesus is the Messiah. You can debate anything you like, fictional or otherwise.

As Tom, frequently and repeatedly, points out in thread after thread - the government cannot revoke your Second Amendment rights. They either are trampling on your right or, as SCOTUS might rule, you didn't have the right you thought you did - merely a privilege now revoked. Just because you call something a right doesn't make it one. 

8 hours ago, Dog said:

The imposition of curfews or marshal law are examples of rights revoked.

Nope, because the right doesn't disappear. It isn't revoked, it still exists even if the government is temporarily ignoring said right. Otherwise someone would have to recreate the right after the imposition of curfew or martial law is lifted. They don't, because the rights that continued to exist are still there - unrevoked.

8 hours ago, Dog said:

Citizen United case overturned restrictions on speech rights for certain groups.

SCOTUS correctly stated the restrictions were illegal because the certain groups always had those rights under the constitution. The government was illegally preventing them from exercising those rights. No revocation involved. Don't know why you brought it up other than to pad out your drivel with some more nonsense. 

8 hours ago, Dog said:

Individual citizen's rights are legally revoked every day.

Nope. Sometimes they are ignored, but they are not rights if they can be revoked. You cannot revoke a right, merely ignore it, no matter how many times you repeat your claim to the contrary.

1 hour ago, soak_ed said:
3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I really have no need to explain my physical condition to you Jeff.  I will say that I have had both knees replaced as a result of the severe exacerbation of a prexisitng condition, due to my military service.  Due to the damage caused prior to the replacing of the knee joints, I can bend my knees a maximum of 90 degrees.  I also in the last few years have developed a neurolgical condition in my feet and legs resulting in a 40% deficit in the nerve signals to the muscles there causing a lack of feeling and muscle weakness.  If you think going through the daily acvtivities of life is a picnic with such conditions, I invite you to shuffle along in my shoes.  I never said I couldn't stand, I said I have dificulty walking, which I do.  30 years ago I could walk at a speed in excess of 5 mph.  2 years ago I could still truck along at 3-4 mph, albeit not for any distance.  Today, I walk slower than my estranged wife who is less than 5' tall and has very short legs,  as opposed to my long legged 6'6" frame.  A few years ago I was always telling her to speed up that I couldn't even walk as slowly as she does.  Now, I have to tell her to slow down.

Now, you were in the Air Force so I know you have no idea of the meaning of the word hardship.  As a former Army soldier, I do.  I have 2 choices.  I can sit on my ass, get fat and feel sorry for myself, or I can do as much as I can, grit my teeth, get though the day and struggle to do things most people take for granted, such as walking without fear tripping and falling, especially while walking on uneven ground, standing up and sitting down without using my arms for assistance,  and having limited options as to where I can put my long legs, since they don't bend very far, etc, etc.  I continue to live as normal a life as I can.  I don't expect any of my conditions to get any better, just worse.  I am better of than some and worse off than others.  I don't have to like it, I just have to do it.  Could I walk from gate to gate at an airport?  Yes, it would take some time but I can do it.  Why should I torture myself that way when they offer services for people in my condition.  

I know we like to harrass one another on this forum.  However for you to make a statement such as you did just shows me your true character.  I will say, I am not surprised at all by your thoughtless comment, most here have a pretty good idea of exactly what kind of person you are.  Thanks for validating my opinion of you.

He has repeatedly demonstrated a complete lack of compassion for anyone that doesn't share his own level of physical condition through what he perceives to be avoidable.

You want to REALLY get him ranting, ask him about fat people. Though he's never in his life struggled with weight control, he's an expert on what a bunch of lazy, lardass, gluttonous pigs we are, who could easily sort our lives out if we just ate a salad and did a pushup every now and then.

Or maybe I'm just feeling pissy because I'm once again trying to dump the weight for the I-don't-know-how-many'th time. I wish I had something easy, like a three pack-a-day habit or heroine addiction. You can quit smoking and smack, but you HAVE to eat every single goddamned day. It's like telling a drunk he has to stop drinking to excess, but still must have three drinks a day to survive.

Who cares? The SCOTUS won't support him on it.

It just adds to his image of idiocy.

19 minutes ago, Mid said:

He wants “fairness”. 

They are “going to take a very, very strong look” at this. 

Maybe we could look at that whole “Birther” shitshow he pushed so Obama can sue him. 

What a snowflake. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mid said:

That is one ugly and poorly-tailored suit. Is he dressed by chimpanzees?

33 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Who cares? The SCOTUS won't support him on it.

Because unlike Europe, there are free speech rights in the US? You don't say! :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

The ass carrot doubled down in a press conference with the Norwegian Prime Minister (Our best ally, our greatest ally, such a good ally).  He said they were going into look stronger libel laws for situations where people knowingly give false information.  That man has no sense of irony, that's for sure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Debating something doesn't make it so. Kind of like the debate about whether Jesus is the Messiah. You can debate anything you like, fictional or otherwise.

As Tom, frequently and repeatedly, points out in thread after thread - the government cannot revoke your Second Amendment rights. They either are trampling on your right or, as SCOTUS might rule, you didn't have the right you thought you did - merely a privilege now revoked. Just because you call something a right doesn't make it one. 

Nope, because the right doesn't disappear. It isn't revoked, it still exists even if the government is temporarily ignoring said right. Otherwise someone would have to recreate the right after the imposition of curfew or martial law is lifted. They don't, because the rights that continued to exist are still there - unrevoked.

SCOTUS correctly stated the restrictions were illegal because the certain groups always had those rights under the constitution. The government was illegally preventing them from exercising those rights. No revocation involved. Don't know why you brought it up other than to pad out your drivel with some more nonsense. 

Nope. Sometimes they are ignored, but they are not rights if they can be revoked. You cannot revoke a right, merely ignore it, no matter how many times you repeat your claim to the contrary.

BS...You forgot to sign BS.

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

BS...You forgot to sign BS.

No idea what you're waffling about, but I'm sure you think it's a real zinger. :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

And I'll bet it cost at least $5K

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

And I'll bet it cost at least $5K

It probably cost $129.99 and came with a Trump Steak in each pocket.

does the book mention his fetish for being drenched in piss?

9 hours ago, mad said:

american right wingers have the persistence of roaches, they'll push and attempt to legitimize their anti-sense bile as long as they're breathing. imo, probably the most passive/agressive and aggravating mf'ers on the entire planet..

2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

No idea what you're waffling about, but I'm sure you think it's a real zinger. :rolleyes: 

I referring to your BS that rights can't be revoked. I suppose since passage of the 13th amendment the right to own slaves has not been revoked, it's just being ignored. What a crock.

Just now, Dog said:

I referring to your BS that rights can't be revoked. I suppose since passage of the 13th amendment the right to own slaves has not been revoked, it's just being ignored. What a crock.

Please point to where the "right to own slaves" was written into the Constitution prior to the 13th Amendment. Take your time, this is a fuck up of your own making that you'll want to savour. Idiot.

11 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Please point to where the "right to own slaves" was written into the Constitution prior to the 13th Amendment. Take your time, this is a fuck up of your own making that you'll want to savour. Idiot.

Doggie sure likes to double-down on the stupid.

1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

does the book mention his fetish for being drenched in piss?

Not that I've seen, no.

I've got to read faster....

16 minutes ago, Amati said:

I've got to read faster....

It's completely fucking depressing to read this.

I mean, I've been watching this ignorant, ego-maniacal asshole fuck up the country for a year now. I see more and more of his stupidity and nonsense every day on social media. Then, for FUN, I'm going to RELIVE all this bullshit when I'm not out fucking around on Twitter?

I'm 3/4 of the way done with it, so I'll soldier on and finish it but it has not been improving my mood.

I'd just started my periodic (every few years) re-read of the LOTR when this came out. I abandoned poor Gandalf & Co. in the mines of Moria just when the drums were starting, and I was reaching a nice happy place and enjoying the story immensely.

Then this shitstorm broke, and I had to read it for myself to stay informed. But I'm really, REALLY not enjoying the experience.

6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I mean, I've been watching this ignorant, ego-maniacal asshole fuck up the country for a year now. I see more and more of his stupidity and nonsense every day on social media. Then, for FUN, I'm going to RELIVE all this bullshit when I'm not out fucking around on Twitter?

I'm 3/4 of the way done with it, so I'll soldier on and finish it but it has not been improving my mood.

I'd just started my periodic (every few years) re-read of the LOTR when this came out. I abandoned poor Gandalf & Co. in the mines of Moria just when the drums were starting, and I was reaching a nice happy place and enjoying the story immensely.

Then this shitstorm broke, and I had to read it for myself to stay informed. But I'm really, REALLY not enjoying the experience.

Schadenfruede does not equal joy in this case.  It will only get worse.....  

I can't say Tolkien is the best cure for this.  LOTR is more on the Kalavala end of things, as far as body count goes.

Just saying'.... 

1 minute ago, Amati said:

I can't say Tolkien is the best cure for this.  LOTR is more on the Kalavala end of things, as far as body count goes.

Just saying'.... 

This is Dave Barry and Berkeley Breathed territory.

26233177_1824578387572906_39675922880333

6 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

This book for me is liking reading a disaster novel while in the middle of the disaster or maybe like reading "this airplane cannot fly for long distances without the engine overheating and exploding" while halfway across the Atlantic in said airplane with no liferaft :o

* memo to Trump's friends and associates - you all really need to face up to the fact you gave a toddler a machine gun and a lot of ammunition because you thought the toddler was far too stupid to load the gun and shoot it. You thought he would be so happy he would share his toys. Well you FUCKED UP!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Nulla poena sine lege. Slave ownership is an example of a right that was revoked legislatively. You're simply wrong in you belief that it can't happen, it can and does.

12 hours ago, Amati said:

Just saying'.... 

Schadenfruede has been the Republican platform for at least the past decade - the hypocrisy has always been there. 

They openly hoped the last president would fail, and obstructed him at every turn for 8 years. 

Now they claim he did a poor job because he didn't get as much done as hoped.  And now they decry the Democrats for not cooperating with them. 

How many 'Repeal ACA' votes did they do for show?  How many Benghazi investigations?  Claiming 'witch hunt' regarding valid Russia inquiries rings quite hollow.

Apparantly 'MAGA' means screwing over your fellow citizens (SALT elimination, Coastal drilling, and other plans that intentionally stick it to blue states)

The GOP holds the house, senate and whitehouse; they are the only team on the field, and they are still losing.  

12 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

The GOP holds the house, senate and whitehouse; they are the only team on the field, and they are still losing.  

True - you have to be pretty incompetent to hold all the cards and still lose.

23 hours ago, Hillary said:

They might have just said 'be kind, rewind....'

5 hours ago, Sean said:

You need to keep up and not jump into a thread mid way

And the Boston Globe has one more take. Wow this is fun.I guess libs and Cons get to pick the one that makes them smile. For me that would be the Globe. Also a bit more reputable than FactBase who I believe included tweets in their matrix.

When the Boston Globe scored several 2016 convention speeches Don beats out 

1. Donald Trump: 7.7
  2. Ivanka Trump: 7.6  
  3. Barack Obama at 7.6  Oops
  4. Bill Clinton: 7.3 Oh my
  5. Melania Trump: 6.9  English is her third language as I recall.
  6. Chelsea Clinton: 6.3  Kids usually fall between the parents 
  7. Tim Kaine: 6
  8. Elizabeth Warren: 6  Maybe english is a second language for this Native American
  9. Hillary Clinton: 5.7 Ouch 

1000px-The_Boston_Globe_svg.png.87e8893d8bb5e0c1c6dbd48cebfea9b5.png

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/07/29/the-reading-grade-level-top-convention-speeches-ranked/v9rCHhsSMHcrHrIe5JZaPI/story.html

Of the 16 headline addresses the Globe analyzed — from the nominees, their families, running mates, and key figures in their party — the majority were spoken at a middle school level, according to the Flesch-Kincaid grade level test. The results showed US Senator Bernie Sanders delivered the highest-level speech, while Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton delivered the lowest-level speech of either convention.

Republicans spoke at a higher level, 8.1, than Democrats, who scored 7.4, the analysis showed.

Here’s a look at how the top speakers ranked on the grade-level test:

Republicans

Melania Trump: 6.9

Melania Trump, Donald Trump’s wife, at first exceeded expectations with her speech extolling her husband’s loyalty and patriotism. But it soon became apparent that she had copied some lines from Michelle Obama’s 2008 convention speech.

Her sentences on average had 15 words, and some of her longest words included “patriotism,” “determination,” and “underperforming.”

Ivanka Trump: 7.6

The Republican candidate’s daughter, who introduced Trump, painted her father as a successful businessman in a generally well-received speech. She averaged about 15.5 words per sentence, and one of her longer sentences was 40 words.

Donald Trump: 7.7

Trump conveyed a grim portrait of America in his speech accepting the Republican party’s presidential nomination. In previous off-the-cuff speeches, Trump has spoken at an elementary school level, but this time he was guided by a teleprompter. His sentences were 14 words long on average, and one of his longest words was “Americanism.”

Ted Cruz: 7.8

Cruz, in his controversial speech, refused to endorse his party’s nominee and told people to vote with their conscience. On average, Cruz’s sentences were 15.3 words, and some of his longest words included “emancipated” and “unprecedented.”

Tiffany Trump: 8.2

The recent University of Pennsylvania graduate briefly described memories of her father — such as his notes on her report cards in grade school — but, like other speakers, did not spend much time on Trump’s personal life. She averaged 19.9 words per sentence.

Mike Pence: 8.6

Pence, Indiana’s governor and Trump’s running mate, introduced himself to viewers and criticized Hillary Clinton for her foreign policies as secretary of state. He averaged 17.9 words per sentence, and one of his longest words was “unconstitutional.”

Donald Trump Jr: 8.7

The younger Donald Trump also, like many other speakers, described his father as a businessman and slammed the Democratic party’s policies over the past eight years. His sentences were, on average, 18.5 words, and one of his longest was 92 words.

Eric Trump: 9.6

The middle Trump son described how his father, a political outsider, defied predictions to become the Republican party nominee. Eric Trump averaged 19.3 words per sentence, and one of his longer words was “destabilization.”

Democrats

Hillary Clinton: 5.7

When accepting the Democratic nomination, Clinton sought to end the convention on a note of party unity and urged voters to reject the policies of her opponent, Donald Trump. America is at “a moment of reckoning,” she said.

Clinton averaged 12.8 words per sentence, and one of her longest words was “constitutional.”

Tim Kaine: 6

In his speech, Clinton’s running mate introduced himself to viewers as a humble man who fought for the rights of underprivileged people, peppering his speech with Spanish.

Kaine averaged 12.2 words per sentence, and some of his longest words included “Underprivileged” and “autobiography.”

Elizabeth Warren: 6

Warren, who was at onetime vetted as a potential Clinton running mate, denounced wealthy corporations and blasted Donald Trump as unfit for the presidency.

Warren averaged 11.4 words per sentence, and some of her longest words included “discrimination.” “regulatory,” and “university.”

Chelsea Clinton: 6.3

Clinton’s daughter portrayed a more personal side of her mother, describing scenes from her own childhood.

Clinton’s daughter averaged 14.4 words per sentence, and one of her longest sentences was 36 words.

Bill Clinton: 7.3

Clinton described how he met his wife at Yale Law School and spoke of her resilience and patience as she followed him to Arkansas so he could pursue his own political career.

Clinton’s average words per sentence was 16.5, and one of his longest words was “counterterrorism.”

Barack Obama at 7.6

Obama, passing the torch to a new Democratic standard bearer, reflected on his years in the White House. He also painted a positive picture of America and described Clinton’s tenacity throughout her political career.

Obama averaged 16 words per sentence, and one of his longest words was “quintessentially.”

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hillary said:

You need to keep up and not jump into a thread mid way

And the Boston Globe has one more take. Wow this is fun.I guess libs and Cons get to pick the one that makes them smile. For me that would be the Globe. Also a bit more reputable than FactBase who I believe included tweets in their matrix.

When the Boston Globe scored several 2016 convention speeches Don beats out 

1. Donald Trump: 7.7
  2. Ivanka Trump: 7.6  
  3. Barack Obama at 7.6  Oops
  4. Bill Clinton: 7.3 Oh my
  5. Melania Trump: 6.9  English is her third language as I recall.
  6. Chelsea Clinton: 6.3  Kids usually fall between the parents 
  7. Tim Kaine: 6
  8. Elizabeth Warren: 6  Maybe english is a second language for this Native American
  9. Hillary Clinton: 5.7 Ouch 

1000px-The_Boston_Globe_svg.png.87e8893d8bb5e0c1c6dbd48cebfea9b5.png

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/07/29/the-reading-grade-level-top-convention-speeches-ranked/v9rCHhsSMHcrHrIe5JZaPI/story.html

Of the 16 headline addresses the Globe analyzed — from the nominees, their families, running mates, and key figures in their party — the majority were spoken at a middle school level, according to the Flesch-Kincaid grade level test. The results showed US Senator Bernie Sanders delivered the highest-level speech, while Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton delivered the lowest-level speech of either convention.

Republicans spoke at a higher level, 8.1, than Democrats, who scored 7.4, the analysis showed.

Here’s a look at how the top speakers ranked on the grade-level test:

Republicans

Melania Trump: 6.9

Melania Trump, Donald Trump’s wife, at first exceeded expectations with her speech extolling her husband’s loyalty and patriotism. But it soon became apparent that she had copied some lines from Michelle Obama’s 2008 convention speech.

Her sentences on average had 15 words, and some of her longest words included “patriotism,” “determination,” and “underperforming.”

Ivanka Trump: 7.6

The Republican candidate’s daughter, who introduced Trump, painted her father as a successful businessman in a generally well-received speech. She averaged about 15.5 words per sentence, and one of her longer sentences was 40 words.

Donald Trump: 7.7

Trump conveyed a grim portrait of America in his speech accepting the Republican party’s presidential nomination. In previous off-the-cuff speeches, Trump has spoken at an elementary school level, but this time he was guided by a teleprompter. His sentences were 14 words long on average, and one of his longest words was “Americanism.”

Ted Cruz: 7.8

Cruz, in his controversial speech, refused to endorse his party’s nominee and told people to vote with their conscience. On average, Cruz’s sentences were 15.3 words, and some of his longest words included “emancipated” and “unprecedented.”

Tiffany Trump: 8.2

The recent University of Pennsylvania graduate briefly described memories of her father — such as his notes on her report cards in grade school — but, like other speakers, did not spend much time on Trump’s personal life. She averaged 19.9 words per sentence.

Mike Pence: 8.6

Pence, Indiana’s governor and Trump’s running mate, introduced himself to viewers and criticized Hillary Clinton for her foreign policies as secretary of state. He averaged 17.9 words per sentence, and one of his longest words was “unconstitutional.”

Donald Trump Jr: 8.7

The younger Donald Trump also, like many other speakers, described his father as a businessman and slammed the Democratic party’s policies over the past eight years. His sentences were, on average, 18.5 words, and one of his longest was 92 words.

Eric Trump: 9.6

The middle Trump son described how his father, a political outsider, defied predictions to become the Republican party nominee. Eric Trump averaged 19.3 words per sentence, and one of his longer words was “destabilization.”

Democrats

Hillary Clinton: 5.7

When accepting the Democratic nomination, Clinton sought to end the convention on a note of party unity and urged voters to reject the policies of her opponent, Donald Trump. America is at “a moment of reckoning,” she said.

Clinton averaged 12.8 words per sentence, and one of her longest words was “constitutional.”

Tim Kaine: 6

In his speech, Clinton’s running mate introduced himself to viewers as a humble man who fought for the rights of underprivileged people, peppering his speech with Spanish.

Kaine averaged 12.2 words per sentence, and some of his longest words included “Underprivileged” and “autobiography.”

Elizabeth Warren: 6

Warren, who was at onetime vetted as a potential Clinton running mate, denounced wealthy corporations and blasted Donald Trump as unfit for the presidency.

Warren averaged 11.4 words per sentence, and some of her longest words included “discrimination.” “regulatory,” and “university.”

Chelsea Clinton: 6.3

Clinton’s daughter portrayed a more personal side of her mother, describing scenes from her own childhood.

Clinton’s daughter averaged 14.4 words per sentence, and one of her longest sentences was 36 words.

Bill Clinton: 7.3

Clinton described how he met his wife at Yale Law School and spoke of her resilience and patience as she followed him to Arkansas so he could pursue his own political career.

Clinton’s average words per sentence was 16.5, and one of his longest words was “counterterrorism.”

Barack Obama at 7.6

Obama, passing the torch to a new Democratic standard bearer, reflected on his years in the White House. He also painted a positive picture of America and described Clinton’s tenacity throughout her political career.

Obama averaged 16 words per sentence, and one of his longest words was “quintessentially.”

The only problem with your take is that all the convention speeches were written by professionals for the candidates. I guess you could blame the respective party organizations or you could just blame yourself for not thinking this through.

6 hours ago, Dog said:

Nulla poena sine lege. Slave ownership is an example of a right that was revoked legislatively. You're simply wrong in you belief that it can't happen, it can and does.

You clearly don’t understand the  term “Right”

47 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The only problem with your take is that all the convention speeches were written by professionals for the candidates. I guess you could blame the respective party organizations or you could just blame yourself for not thinking this through.

OK, you could score Trump's tweets and pretend it was an objective effort. 

Even so as I have pointed out that score related to audience age not the speaker's educational age. I could for instant dredge up all the times Obama spoke in elementary schools and score those. But all that would say is we tend to simplify our vocabulary for young audiences. As I said at the start of my post ....

"Wow this is fun.I guess libs and Cons get to pick the one that makes them smile. " 

If you have not figured out my point yet let me simplify my language down to your comprehension level.  

"You are a prisoner of your own bias."

Hmmm that's probably over your head. I have it ....

Partisanship ate your brain.

Footnote maybe I should copyright that

• Downvote 1

Even so as I have pointed out that score related to audience age not the speaker's educational age. I could for instant dredge up all the times Obama spoke in elementary schools and score those. But all that would say is we tend to simplify our vocabulary for young audiences. As I said at the start of my post ....

"Wow this is fun.I guess libs and Cons get to pick the one that makes them smile. " 

If you have not figured out my point yet let me simplify my language down to your comprehension level.  

Posts like this are what make me question your educational background. The score is directly related to the capabilities of the writer, not the speaker. The audience doesn't count, and neither does the speaker unless it happens to be their own words.

45 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Actually, Bill Clinton and Obama personally wrote all their major speeches.  They then passed their draft around for comment, then they refined their text on their own.  

How do I know this?  My nephew was a speechwriter for Clinton.  He wrote things like memorials, the opening greeting of the world cup and such for POTUS (Elvis to the Secret Service).  But never touched the State of the Union or such.  

Famous incident:  Clinton's 3rd State of the Union address.  The previous year's speech was scrolled on the teleprompter and Clinton gave the SoU speech from memory.  They finally realized the fuck-up and dumped the old speech, then scrolled the right speech on fast forward on the teleprompter while Clinton kept talking without a break.  When they caught up to him, about 2/3 of the way through, he transitioned to the teleprompter.  When a reporter asked him why he didn't mention one program (Agriculture subsidies I think) that was in the hand-out copy, there was a bit of stunned silence when told he was doing it from memory.  

I'd pay BIGLY money to see His Orangeness give a State of the Union speech while another one was being scrolled.  

14 minutes ago, Hillary said:

You reveal so much of yourself in your writings ramblings.  Doesn't help your state of mind when you picked your current ID planning on having years of Hillary bashing, now that it backfired you find yourself having to defend Trump.  sucks to be you. 

19 minutes ago, Hillary said:

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, Hillary said:

The Voice of Experience.

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Posts like this are what make me question your educational background. The score is directly related to the capabilities of the writer, not the speaker. The audience doesn't count, and neither does the speaker unless it happens to be their own words.

You exposed your ignorance. The Flesch-Kincaid grade score was created by the military in 1976 to help produce training material that all recruits can comprehend. It is commonly used by teachers to select grade appropriate reading materials for their students. It was never a gauge of the writers educational level. Got that? Go research what I said and verify it for yourself. 

Partisans miss use the score to try and embarrass opponents. However a low score might actually be the more effective speech because the audience (voters) have a range of reading abilities.  LINK to Globe article

Here is  a sample of that article. 

The Globe reviewed the language used by 19 presidential candidates, Democrats and Republicans, in speeches announcing their campaigns for the 2016 presidential election. The review, using a common algorithm called the Flesch-Kincaid readability test that crunches word choice and sentence structure and spits out grade-level rankings, produced some striking results.

The Republican candidates — like Trump — who are speaking at a level easily understood by people at the lower end of the education spectrum are outperforming their highfalutin opponents in the polls. Simpler language resonates with a broader swath of voters in an era of 140-character Twitter tweets and 10-second television sound bites, say specialists on political speech.

“There’s no time to explain in modern politics,’’ said Elvin T. Lim, a professor at Wesleyan University in Middletown, Conn.

Mike Huckabee and Jim Gilmore, who are struggling in the polls, are both spinning sentences above a 10th-grade level, according to the algorithm. Ben Carson, who has surged and maintained a second-place standing in the polls, communicates with voters at a sixth-grade level — despite a medical degree and career as a brain surgeon.

• Downvote 1

However a low score might actually be the more effective speech

Well that certainly would explain why Trump speaks at a grade 4 level.

Well, that was quite a circular argument. Look, Trump is so bright he scores higher than Hillary on the F-K scale! Look, Trump scores lower on the F-K scale because he's talking to a bunch of turnips!

Have you had brain reduction surgery lately?

39 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Remember, he attended MIT.  Whether he completed MIT is a sooper-secret, as he's given a blood oath as an alleged MIT graduate never to show his degree in public.

(Even though my closest friend in the world who did graduate work at MIT told me there is no such restriction on posting mysterious MIT diplomas in public)

So we don't really know if Dr. Malarkey, Sooper-Stable-Genious, is really the rocket scientist he claims.

3 minutes ago, Hillary said:

You exposed your ignorance. The Flesch-Kincaid grade score was created by the military in 1976 to help produce training material that all recruits can comprehend. It is commonly used by teachers to select grade appropriate reading materials for their students. It was never a gauge of the writers educational level. Got that? Go research what I said and verify it for yourself. 

Partisans miss use the score to try and embarrass opponents. However a low score might actually be the more effective speech because the audience (voters) have a range of reading abilities.  LINK to Globe article

Here is  a sample of that article. 

The Globe reviewed the language used by 19 presidential candidates, Democrats and Republicans, in speeches announcing their campaigns for the 2016 presidential election. The review, using a common algorithm called the Flesch-Kincaid readability test that crunches word choice and sentence structure and spits out grade-level rankings, produced some striking results.

The Republican candidates — like Trump — who are speaking at a level easily understood by people at the lower end of the education spectrum are outperforming their highfalutin opponents in the polls. Simpler language resonates with a broader swath of voters in an era of 140-character Twitter tweets and 10-second television sound bites, say specialists on political speech.

“There’s no time to explain in modern politics,’’ said Elvin T. Lim, a professor at Wesleyan University in Middletown, Conn.

Mike Huckabee and Jim Gilmore, who are struggling in the polls, are both spinning sentences above a 10th-grade level, according to the algorithm. Ben Carson, who has surged and maintained a second-place standing in the polls, communicates with voters at a sixth-grade level — despite a medical degree and career as a brain surgeon.

Poor Jack, The Flesch-Kincaid measure doesn't even care whether the input letter-strings are actual words of English, as opposed to random gibberish. You might have better luck with scrabble.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Poor Jack, The Flesch-Kincaid measure doesn't even care whether the input letter-strings are actual words of English, as opposed to random gibberish. You might have better luck with scrabble.

Are you intentionally being stupid or can't you help yourself. Go ready the Boston Globe article and learn something for a change.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Thanks for proving my point - he knows he's speaking to the idiots that comprise his support so he speaks at their level.

5 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Are you intentionally being stupid or can't you help yourself. Go ready the Boston Globe article and learn something for a change.

Except that the Flesch-Kincaid readability test is just a linear combination of syllables-per-word and words-per-sentence:

FleschKincaidFormula.png

And we know that there are "Real trends in word and sentence length" (LLOG 10/31/2011). The Flesch-Kincaid metric is so insensitive to actual reading difficulty that (at least as implemented in the on-line "Readability Score" apps) it doesn't even matter whether the tested material is in the English language. Thus the following poem by Goethe is rated at the 4.1 grade level by this moronic metric:

Hin und wieder fliegen Pfeile;
Amors leichte Pfeile fliegen
Von dem schlanken golden Bogen,
Mädchen, seid ihr nicht getroffen?
Es ist Glück! Es ist nur Glück.

Warum fliegt er so in Eile?
Jene dort will er besiegen;
Schon ist er vorbei geflogen;
Sorglos bleibt der Busen offen;
Gebet acht! Er kommt zurück!

6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Well, that was quite a circular argument. Look, Trump is so bright he scores higher than Hillary on the F-K scale! Look, Trump scores lower on the F-K scale because he's talking to a bunch of turnips!

Have you had brain reduction surgery lately?

Exactly, You got it; congrats.

A good speaker talks  to the common denominator of their intended audience. Speaking to a classroom of first graders you choose one vocabulary. Addressing an MIT graduating class you use another. 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2015/10/20/donald-trump-and-ben-carson-speak-grade-school-level-that-today-voters-can-quickly-grasp/LUCBY6uwQAxiLvvXbVTSUN/story.html

The Boston Globe gets it and now you do too. I wonder how long it will take Bad Attitude?  He's a little slow you know.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hillary said:

This is just another of Jack's "No it's not" attempts to claim the opposite of the facts.

Saying that Trump speaks like a primary school child is an insult to them.  Trump speaks like a mentally retarded person., everyone is saying it, believe me, believe me.

He made mincemeat of his republican opponents and the moderators in the debates. He interviews just fine. This just the latest self delusion if the progressive echo chamber.

This, end justifies the means,  list of attempts to bring down Trump is getting sillier and sillier. 

1. Elector revolt
  2. Court Challenge against the Electoral system, . One man one vote.
  3. Recounts in the three states
  4. An appeal to the cabinet to Amendment 25 him
  5. The silly Russia collusion BS
  6. The Emoluments clause
  7. Multiple impeachment demands
  8. Even assassination appeals but media personalities
  9. Wolf's BS Book
  10. etc etc

Good luck you are all batting zero so far. 

Like I said You keep underestimating him.

I do have one caution. If you ever do get rid of him it better be legal and at least remotely legitimate. His supporters have a lot of guns and I don't know if they would restrain themselves if it smacked of a coup.

• Downvote 2

Everyone is saying it.  You know, even retarded people.  Let me tell you, I  love retarded people, we have the worlds best retarded people in this country, real patriots they are.  Yes, many of them voted for me.  You know you aren't even supposed to say retarded.  It's like the war on Christmas, you know, how you couldn't say Merry Christmas for so many years bewcause basically the Democrats, yeah, the bad Democrats, they basically declared war on Christmas during the Clinton years.  No, not Hilary that other Clinton.  Ohh, I wish I coulda run against him, I woulda beat him worse than I beat Hilary.  Incidentally I beat her by the biggest elctoral college margin ever, I had 305, it was 306 , I don't know where that last one went.  She only had like 250 or something.  Well now you can say Merry Christmas again because I'm the President and my first day in office, after I beat Hilary in the election, which wasn't supposed to happen you know.  Yeah, the fake media really missed that one.  But anyway, now you can say Merry Christmas again and when I get done here I am going to sign an executive order to make America retarded again.  Hah,hah , I meant to say to make it ok to say retarded in America again.  Because, you know it's a beautiful word, retarded.  It's one of the best words and you know, I only use the best words, the best words of any President, ever in the history of Presidents... 

4 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

Everyone is saying it.  You know, even retarded people.  Let me tell you, I  love retarted people, we have the worlds best retarted people in this country, real patriots they are.  Yes, many of them voted for me.  You know you aren't even supposed to say retarded.  It's like the war on Christmas, you know, how you couldn't say Merry Christmas for so many years bewcause basically the Democrats, yeah, the bad Democrats, they basically declared war on Christmas during the Clinton years.  No, not Hilary that other Clinton.  Ohh, OI wish I coulda run against him, I woulda beat him worse than I beat Hilary.  Incidentally I beat her by the biggest elctoral college margin ever, I had 305, it was 306 , I don't know where that last one went. Well now you can say Merry Christmas again because I'm the President and my first day in office, after I beat Hilary in the election, which wasn't supposed to happen you know.  Yeah, the fake media really missed that one.  But anyway, now you can say Merry Christmas again and when I get done here I am going to sign an executive order to make America retarded again.  Hah,ha , I meant to say to make it ok to say retarded in America again.  Because, you know it's a beautiful word, retarded.  It's one of the best words and you know, I only use the best words, the best words of any President, ever in the history of Presidents... 

I'll give it a 7, far too coherent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hillary said:

He made mincemeat of his republican opponents and the moderators in the debates. He interviews just fine. This just the latest self delusion if the progressive echo chamber.

This, end justifies the means,  list of attempts to bring down Trump is getting sillier and sillier. 

1. Elector revolt
  2. Court Challenge against the Electoral system, . One man one vote.
  3. Recounts in the three states
  4. An appeal to the cabinet to Amendment 25 him
  5. The silly Russia collusion BS
  6. The Emoluments clause
  7. Multiple impeachment demands
  8. Even assassination appeals but media personalities
  9. Wolf's BS Book
  10. etc etc

Good luck you are all batting zero so far. 

Like I said You keep underestimating him.

I do have one caution. If you ever do get rid of him it better be legal and at least remotely legitimate. His supporters have a lot of guns and I don't know if they would restrain themselves if it smacked of a coup.

Sounding more and more desperate in your favor Defense o forget President Trump. 

I must say you are not sounding very Happy, Jack. 

Time for a cruise?

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I'll give it a 7, far too coherent.

Damn, you're tough.  I'd give it a solid 8.  I was wandering more than Reid Stowe during his cheesy sproutful transAtlantic circumnavigation/driftathon.

10 hours ago, Dog said:

No, it wasn't a right. Which is why it was illegal in some states and not others before the 13th Amendment. You continue to confuse privilege with right. You are wrong, Raz'r is right.

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

So we don't really know if Dr. Malarkey, Sooper-Stable-Genious, is really the rocket scientist he claims.

Oh. We know he's not.

3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Remember, he attended MIT.  Whether he completed MIT is a sooper-secret, as he's given a blood oath as an alleged MIT graduate never to show his degree in public.

(Even though my closest friend in the world who did graduate work at MIT told me there is no such restriction on posting mysterious MIT diplomas in public)

Yeah, but remember that Trump's Uncle (?) taught at MIT.  For Trump, visiting his Uncle for lunch at the Faculty Dining Room is, I'm sure,  at the very least, Most Worthy of the word 'Attended'.  

Sneaky Trump.  Clever Trump!  Words have so many meanings!  He can't help that some of us see a word, and think we know what that word's meaning is.   We must, in our love for Him, understand what He might mean, not what we, in our vain foolishness, might agree on.  

What we might believe.

I believe this is what Trump means by the 'Best Words'.  And by this theory, He Does!  He and his buddies must have a good laugh every day at our gullibility:  "Ha! Ha!  Donald!  You did that?  You crack me up!"  

This is his genius.  If only Liberals understood....  

3 hours ago, Hillary said:

Exactly, You got it; congrats.

A good speaker talks  to the common denominator of their intended audience. Speaking to a classroom of first graders you choose one vocabulary. Addressing an MIT graduating class you use another.

The flaw in your ointment is that Trump can only speak at a grade 4 level - it's not a choice.

A year ago or more a linguist determined that Trump had an effective functional vocabulary of 800 words.

most 4 year olds know 5000 words.