• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Anarchists - can anyone point me in the direction of AC50/AC75(proposed) CAD designs? Clearly the AC75 hasn't been built yet so... I couldn't even find the actual AC50 one design specs online ...

Looking for something to 3D print & potentially modify into RC/drone...

On 8/01/2018 at 12:39 PM, thastark@gmail.com said:

Anarchists - can anyone point me in the direction of AC50/AC75(proposed) CAD designs?

Do you want exact actual CAD or closeish sketch?

Pretty sure the AC50 rule did have the wing shape in CAD format & outlines of the hull shape but I can't seem to find a copy in my archives for some reason :(

I do have the short lived AC62 rule with the wing shape in .igs format.

Also this guy made a Rhino Grasshopper script to twist the wing (also has link to the rule with the .igs) http://islandcad.com/grasshopper/ac/ac62wing/version_3.html

Meanwhile there is ChevalierTaglang who are famous for recreating lines of AC (& other) yachts.

Don't seem to have attempted to recreate the AC50 lines though http://chevaliertaglang.blogspot.co.nz/2017/07/35th-americas-cup-ac-50-drawings.html

They do have lines for AC72s (though I think they drew much too boxy, not their best work) http://chevaliertaglang.blogspot.co.nz/2013/06/scoop-ac72-drawings-unveiled.html

Catsailingnews.com did try to recreate AC50 in CAD, possibly he'd be willing to help?

http://www.catsailingnews.com/2017/06/americas-cup-2017-bermuda-tnz-oracle.html

The files were missing from most of the public versions of the rule that I saw.

Nothing secret* about them now though - ask CORE?

You'd still be missing the foils, the controller and the hydraulics though!! :D

*unless RNZYS considers them protected AC IP of course..... "AC50 b'long us!"

NICE BOOBS (dual whomper wing spec?) & thanks for the politeness! Have a c-class wing drawing.

@hoom thanks!!! Going to reach out to cat sailing news - very close to what I'm looking for to get started.  Other references helpful!

Not looking to build an AC50/75 - ha ... so ya hydraulics / internal ops totally irrelevant ... I'd take a few cross sections ... 360 frames from a 360 render ... anything creative....

The AC50 at least being out of the box - no CAD drawings or at least detailed spec on the one design components in public domain?  Seriously nothing?  

Hi TeamRed

The AC72 wing iges file was available from ACEA, will look later and post.   On the AC50 platform I did some more progress but never finished it as I targeted some detailed pending rendering. I can send you some flat views as these attached but also searching google images you will get plenty of good references too.

AC50PlatformDraft-5.png

AC50PlatformDraft-4.png

AC50PlatformDraft-3.png