Sign in to follow this  
MikeR80

Fox Abatement

Recommended Posts

Folks:

Aside from pulling out the pistol, how do i get rid of this fox relatively easily? He's traversing the yard several times a day here in coral gables, and it wouldnt be a problem but he shits everywhere and we have little kids and a nice yard for playing otherwise...

I'm sure I could pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to some sort of service, but i prefer to take care of issues such as these on the cheap, with a little sweat equity.

Please advise in all of your infinite SA wisdom

regards,

NCL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hav-a-hart trap.

 And then plan on a 20-30 mile trip across at least 2 rivers, then find a secluded spot to release it.

 Fuck laws about relocating animals. EPA doesn't exist anymore.

Or you could call CNN...... I'm sure they have some good ideas about what to do with FOX..... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you've got a fox issue, you have a critter issue. Let it do its job. Once it eliminates the critters, it'll move on. Or, deal with critters like mice, rats, moles etc. It's there for a reason. If you relocate it, you'll be paying an exterminator. Your sweat equity is cleaning up its poop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a creek bed that runs behind the house,  it's 20' down to the bed , it's a critter highway. We put a trail camera up there,  we've captured photos of everything except  pigs and fox...     but I have seen a cute little red fox in the hood..

anyway they all keep the vermin down ... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take it to Political Anarchy, I stopped watching that shit years ago. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mike98gp said:

Folks:

Aside from pulling out the pistol, how do i get rid of this fox relatively easily? He's traversing the yard several times a day here in coral gables, and it wouldn't be a problem but he shits everywhere and we have little kids and a nice yard for playing otherwise...

I'm sure I could pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to some sort of service, but i prefer to take care of issues such as these on the cheap, with a little sweat equity.

Please advise in all of your infinite SA wisdom

regards,

NCL

Fox is more afraid of you then you of it.  Call your local animal reg office let them know of the problem and get their advice...  It may be illegal for you to harm or trap them...

Are you leaving food out a night for other domestic animals? 

Personally I would be pretty cool with the idea of having a fox around... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We live on a ridge and there is a low spot next to our house which flows the traffic pattern of all animals, birds, bees, bug, and those things with legs are always transiting through here. Had two large coyotes come through the yard the other morning and I only knew they were there because they flushed the deer up from where they were laying down. Went on the deck and just yelled a bit and they continued on down the canyon. I have scat on several rocks on the property where foxes, coyotes and others mark their territory. We all get along great. 26195415_1236170866515210_42272321445181 The local boys enjoying a nice morning on the ridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mike98gp said:

Folks:

Aside from pulling out the pistol, how do i get rid of this fox relatively easily? He's traversing the yard several times a day here in coral gables, and it wouldnt be a problem but he shits everywhere and we have little kids and a nice yard for playing otherwise...

I'm sure I could pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to some sort of service, but i prefer to take care of issues such as these on the cheap, with a little sweat equity.

Please advise in all of your infinite SA wisdom

regards,

NCL

 

I would use a rifle better accuracy compared to pistols.

 

night on fox.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fox.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can try the local zoo that has litter from large cats( tigers, lions). Sprinkle some around the perimeter of the property. They know the smell of a large predator and choose new hunting grounds. Deer, coyote and many other vermin avoid it thinking it’s cougar urine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had some problems with groundhogs but lately the foxes have been active and the groundhogs have either left or been taken care of.

fox_vs_groundhog-scaled-enhanced-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With construction clearing land about 1 mile away, we have started seeing fox on our property.  May not bode well for our 2 inside/outside cats.  I would like them to clear out the groundhogs I've been seeing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, madohe said:

woof......

AmericanFoxhoundDaiseyBugStanding.jpg

I bet that dogs poop will be more of a nuisance than the fox poop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem w/ the fox poop is that it transmits rabbies.  Foxes are one of the main rabbies carriers.  No real pest or rodent problems here.  Plus the fox is brazen, walks around like he owns the place which gets me nervous around a 1year old and 2 year old...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mike98gp said:

The problem w/ the fox poop is that it transmits rabbies.  Foxes are one of the main rabbies carriers.  No real pest or rodent problems here.  Plus the fox is brazen, walks around like he owns the place which gets me nervous around a 1year old and 2 year old...

you pay shipping I'll send you raccoon piss and whatever else they have inside

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mike98gp said:

The problem w/ the fox poop is that it transmits rabbies.  Foxes are one of the main rabbies carriers.  No real pest or rodent problems here.  Plus the fox is brazen, walks around like he owns the place which gets me nervous around a 1year old and 2 year old...

What are you talking about? Foxes are rarely rabid. Did you grow up in a city/suburbia? Rabbies? Where the heck are you getting your information? Skunks and raccoons beat the snot out of them in that category and even there, rabies is pretty rare these days. Get the garden hose out and douse it if it's that brash. It'll hit the door running.

Mike, you need to calm the fuck down. The last time I met  fox that worried me...Oh wait, that never happened.

You obviously have never lived in the countryside. A fox...Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick.

Here's by the cottage a few days ago. A friend of mine snapped the shot. They thought it was cool to see foxes.

You sail with sharks, live by alligators...and you're worried about a fox. That makes sense.

Don't take this as mean. You have a Steal Your Face avatar, so I assume you're OK. I just think it's blown out of proportion.

image.png.6855d4649646ef6489200355b512a9a6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 6:52 PM, Sail4beer said:

You can try the local zoo that has litter from large cats( tigers, lions). Sprinkle some around the perimeter of the property. They know the smell of a large predator and choose new hunting grounds. Deer, coyote and many other vermin avoid it thinking it’s cougar urine.

It works. So does just talking a human piss around the perimeter. Eat asparagus and sausage to give the piss an extra intimidating smell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, austin1972 said:

What are you talking about? Foxes are rarely rabid. Did you grow up in a city/suburbia? Rabbies? Where the heck are you getting your information? Skunks and raccoons beat the snot out of them in that category and even there, rabies is pretty rare these days. Get the garden hose out and douse it if it's that brash. It'll hit the door running.

Mike, you need to calm the fuck down. The last time I met  fox that worried me...Oh wait, that never happened.

You obviously have never lived in the countryside. A fox...Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick.

Here's by the cottage a few days ago. A friend of mine snapped the shot. They thought it was cool to see foxes.

You sail with sharks, live by alligators...and you're worried about a fox. That makes sense.

Don't take this as mean. You have a Steal Your Face avatar, so I assume you're OK. I just think it's blown out of proportion.

image.png.6855d4649646ef6489200355b512a9a6.png

Foxes and skunks are honorable creatures. Coy-dogs, not so much.

I let the foxes do what they do for what you wrote above, they're after mice and rabbits. And the lions keep their distance from people, they have honor too.

But the fucking coy-dogs, damn them all to hell. As dishonorable a collection of mutts as would siphon the oats from a horse's arse ring.

Their offensive nature shouldn't necessarily result in an unwarranted death sentence, but banishment to the sixth level of doggie hell would be a fitting reward for their canine insolence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the offending piles might be from other critters.

we had a fox taking some of our chickens for a bit. he was brave enough to come through the yard and grab a bird or two but he didn't stick around long enough to leave any reminders of his existence. 

I did all the DNR to see if I could end his happy grocery shopping. it is allowed if livestock is being damaged. 

fortunately I locked the birds up for a while instead and he found other hunting grounds. I did not want to end his life as I am sure the fox was probably just trying to feed its pups. I didn't want to lose an entire flock of birds either though. 

 

he came through quite a bit and never (to my knowledge) left scat.  raccoons on the other hand leave crap all over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this