• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
leeboweffect

Nacra 5.0 easily smokes an Astus 16.5 Sport.

Nicely done...but judging solely by the fact that he crossed your stern and went upwind (30 degrees or more course change); I don't think he was racing...just being polite and not forcing you up or making you pass below.  Just sayin...30 secs ain't enough.  But, still, happy you posted since it is always fun watching boats pass.

• Like 1

Not surprising really....Any 16 ft beach cat should smoke the Astus (Unless the beach cat is being sailed by a Muppet......) 

But any 16 ft beach cat should smoke this Nacra 5.0 aswell......do you even have trapeze's setup?

8 hours ago, dave202 said:

But any 16 ft beach cat should smoke this Nacra 5.0 aswell......do you even have trapeze's setup?

Wrong (my 5.0 regularly enjoys H16s as light snacks) and yes.

image.thumb.png.89819f57e46af71768237950bebc2e3a.png

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, RobG said:

What's your point? 

All I hear is that the "new" technology is so superior. Really, when a $200 basket case 1983 Nacra 5.0 running the original tattered sails can outrun a $30,000 + VPLP "new" technology trimaran I don't find superior in the conversation.

• Downvote 1

Dude its a completely different boat with different use case. My M&M 2012 F18 will run circles around your circa 1983 Nacra 5.0, tired rags on both boats, and that's more an apples to apples comparison. Lets not even bring the latest technology beachcat tech into the conversation as you'd be blown backwards off your 5.0 by the wake left behind a foiling A-Cat.

• Like 1

What a retarded and childish post is this. Get a life and enjoy sailing not drag racing. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, zzarganas said:

What a retarded and childish post is this. Get a life and enjoy sailing not drag racing. 

Well, mebe so; but being childlike keeps you young feeling.  I admit I choose to sail tris because it is fun for me to pass 40 and 50 foot monohulls costing 5 times what I paid for my tri.  Especially in races when they are all hanging on the rail with their matching smocks and I'm sailing single handed.  Even more fun when I see them stuck in port because it takes a crew of 5 to sail while I can go alone.  The OP is only congratulating himself on his choice of boat(s) compared to the VPLP designed expensive alternative when compared to his choice--but lets face it, both owners have what they wanted (just like me and those lead draggers).  Different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

A well sailed H16 would smoke your sorry ass as would most 16 foot boats. Do you even know how to push that thing hard.  Pathetic childish post.  Did you bully the younger smaller kids at school.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1