Sign in to follow this  
kent_island_sailor

Trump channels his inner Dog

Recommended Posts

Dog really needs some high-fives or maybe high-fours in his case.

Trump said on the news yesterday there is no reason for him to be questioned in relation to Russian meddling because no collusion has been proven.

:lol::lol:

Isn't that tactic a direct ripoff of The Dog Standard - no reason to investigate unless the crime is already proven. PA gets one up on the big scoreboard! :D

(we'll ignore the fact that "collusion" is not an exact legal term and nor is it all or only what is being investigated, this is a triumph of the Dog  ;) )

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No conviction - no crime so no need for an investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Dog really needs some high-fives or maybe high-fours in his case.

Trump said on the news yesterday there is no reason for him to be questioned in relation to Russian meddling because no collusion has been proven.

:lol::lol:

Isn't that tactic a direct ripoff of The Dog Standard - no reason to investigate unless the crime is already proven. PA gets one up on the big scoreboard! :D

(we'll ignore the fact that "collusion" is not an exact legal term and nor is it all or only what is being investigated, this is a triumph of the Dog  ;) )

Thanks but credit goes to Sol, the standard is his invention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AP FACT CHECK: Trump says collusion is disproved; it's not

"While speaking in defense of his mental capabilities, President Donald Trump said the question of collusion between his 2016 campaign and Russians is a dead issue, which it isn't. He also said the mandate to buy health insurance or pay a fine is gone — another premature death announcement.

Trump's series of tweets Saturday, as he lashed out at a new book questioning his smarts, took a scattershot approach to the facts, as did his words later to reporters at Camp David. All of this capped a week in which he took unearned credit for safe skies, exaggerated progress in advancing care for veterans and saw his EPA boast about completing pollution clean-ups that were carried out when Barack Obama was president.

 

A look at those statements and more:

TRUMP: "I guess the collusion now is dead because everyone found that, after a year of study, there's been absolutely no collusion. There has been no collusion between us and the Russians." — to reporters at Camp David

TRUMP tweet: "Now that Russian collusion, after one year of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on the American public, the Democrats and their lapdogs, the Fake NewsMainstream Media, are taking out the old Ronald Reagan playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence."

THE FACTS: Although he is free to deny that it happened, Trump has no standing to assert that collusion has been ruled out. The special counsel's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and Russian contacts with Trump's team is continuing and it's premature to say "everyone found" there was nothing.

The probe has not publicly established that Moscow and the Trump team colluded — or that they didn't. The same is true of other potential misdeeds, like obstruction of justice. Trump has often stated that even Democratic leaders have stated there was no collusion. In fact, they have only said that proof has not yet emerged."

http://www.politifact.com/curation/national/archive/

———

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

AP FACT CHECK: Trump says collusion is disproved; it's not

"While speaking in defense of his mental capabilities, President Donald Trump said the question of collusion between his 2016 campaign and Russians is a dead issue, which it isn't. He also said the mandate to buy health insurance or pay a fine is gone — another premature death announcement.

Trump's series of tweets Saturday, as he lashed out at a new book questioning his smarts, took a scattershot approach to the facts, as did his words later to reporters at Camp David. All of this capped a week in which he took unearned credit for safe skies, exaggerated progress in advancing care for veterans and saw his EPA boast about completing pollution clean-ups that were carried out when Barack Obama was president.

 

A look at those statements and more:

TRUMP: "I guess the collusion now is dead because everyone found that, after a year of study, there's been absolutely no collusion. There has been no collusion between us and the Russians." — to reporters at Camp David

TRUMP tweet: "Now that Russian collusion, after one year of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on the American public, the Democrats and their lapdogs, the Fake NewsMainstream Media, are taking out the old Ronald Reagan playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence."

THE FACTS: Although he is free to deny that it happened, Trump has no standing to assert that collusion has been ruled out. The special counsel's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and Russian contacts with Trump's team is continuing and it's premature to say "everyone found" there was nothing.

The probe has not publicly established that Moscow and the Trump team colluded — or that they didn't. The same is true of other potential misdeeds, like obstruction of justice. Trump has often stated that even Democratic leaders have stated there was no collusion. In fact, they have only said that proof has not yet emerged."

http://www.politifact.com/curation/national/archive/

———

You can't disprove a negative you feckless silly man.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dog said:

Thanks but credit goes to Sol, the standard is his invention.

aww, shucks, you're so modest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donald's a good man.  No need to drag his pristine character through the mud with a witch hunt of an investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump could ask Flynn if there were any "there" there, but I don't think they're allowed to speak directly to each other, for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this