Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

Yeah, right

Former five-star recruit Brian Bowen, the freshman at the center of the FBI's probe into Louisville for corruption and bribery, is no longer enrolled at Louisville and has been admitted into South Carolina, a source confirmed to CBS Sports. 

The former McDonald's All-American who was ranked inside the top 20 among Class of 2017 prospects never played a minute for the Cardinals when, before the start of the 2017-18 season, a federal grand jury released documents linking Bowen and Adidas executives to a $100,000 payment made to his family in an effort to secure his commitment to the school.

As a result of the documents, Hall of Fame coach Rick Pitino was ousted and Bowen was suspended, and although he was cleared for reinstatement by the FBI, the school opted not to seek reinstatement with the NCAA.

Bowen denies any knowledge of a payment made and has maintained his innocence throughout the process.

"I didn't know anything," Bowen said in December. "The same way the media found out was the same way I found out. ... I really didn't believe it. I still didn't believe it -- to this day, I still really don't believe it."

Bowen is expected to seek reinstatement at South Carolina and could play as soon as next season.

yeah,  his "family" taking 100k and not knowing anything..    

"Daaaad, why do  I HAVE to go to Louiville?"

fucker should be kicked to the curb..   yeah, yeah, college athletes should be paid,  but when you lie outright..

10 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

yeah, yeah, college athletes should be paid, 

Why?

When the football coach is the highest paid state employee there should be some funds set aside for the players also, maybe into some sort of an escrow the account?

That whole system is fucked IMO.

It's a game being played by kids FFS.

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

It's a game being played by kids FFS.

Oh man..........those days are long gone. Its still that way in a lot of the smaller schools but............those days are long gone. Even high school has developed a certain culture that far surpasses the good ole game of football. Glad I played before it became the feeder system of high school - college - pro. I think it has taken a lot away from the game. Was lucky to play for a small high school where the coach was also my history teacher, and the line coach was my math teacher........thats how sports should be at that level.....an "extra curricular" activity...not the focus.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Point Break said:

Oh man..........those days are long gone. Its still that way in a lot of the smaller schools but............those days are long gone. Even high school has developed a certain culture that far surpasses the good ole game of football. Glad I played before it became the feeder system of high school - college - pro. I think it has taken a lot away from the game. Was lucky to play for a small high school where the coach was also my history teacher, and the line coach was my math teacher........thats how sports should be at that level.....an "extra curricular" activity...not the focus.

How quaint