• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

As Senator Durbin explained how immigration deal would impact people from Haiti, Trump said, "Haiti?  Why do we want people from Haiti here?"  Then they got to Africa. "Why do we want these people from all these shithole countries here? We should have more people from places like Norway."

Can we put that on the Statue of Liberty now?  No more fucking "wretched" masses "yearning to breathe free."  We are so done with that.

6 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

As Senator Durbin explained how immigration deal would impact people from Haiti, Trump said, "Haiti?  Why do we want people from Haiti here?"  Then they got to Africa. "Why do we want these people from all these shithole countries here? We should have more people from places like Norway."

Can we put that on the Statue of Liberty now?  No more fucking "wretched" masses "yearning to breathe free."  We are so done with that.

White House doesn't deny he said it.

"The White House on Thursday did not deny that President Trump referred to some immigrants as coming from “shithole countries” during a heated Oval Office meeting on immigration. 

“Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people,” White House spokesperson Raj Shah said in a statement. 

The Washington Post reported Thursday that Trump grew frustrated when lawmakers proposed retiring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and several African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal. 

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to the Post, in reference to African countries and Haiti"

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/368601-white-house-does-not-deny-trump-s-hole-comments.

Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Wisc.) on Thursday fired back at a report that President Trump questioned why the U.S. accepts immigrants from “shithole” countries by asking “why [do] we allow president from sh*thole companies like the Trump Organization." 

The real question is why we allow presidents from sh*thole companies like the Trump Organization https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/951568993458053121 

35% of Americans just said “fuck yeah!”

White Europeans only please. 

I was SO hoping for a tweet...

But as much a Lib as I am, I don't have a problem with colorful language.  It should have been a private meeting and not been leaked.

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

35% of Americans just said “fuck yeah!”

White Europeans only please. 

Preferably northern white Europeans. Those Southern Europeans tend towards the darker side.  

5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

But as much a Lib as I am, I don't have a problem with colorful language.  It should have been a private meeting and not been leaked.

You don't have a problem with the (p)resident of the United States in an official meeting with legislators in the Oval Office, calling the nations of Africa "shithole countries"?   That's not "colorful language".  Colorful language is calling trump an "orange baboon". 

That language demeans the Office of the Presidency,  denigrates an entire continent and is deeply racist as well.  It was the (p)resident doing the public's business, and if trump really, openly thinks and speaks like that, the public certainly needs to know.  It is horrifying.

• Like 3

Those white northern Europeans don't want to immigrate to a shithole country where there is no universal healthcare and religious fanatics who are armed to the teeth.  

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Irish River said:

Those white northern Europeans don't want to immigrate to a shithole country where there is no universal healthcare and religious fanatics who are armed to the teeth.  

Most of them don't have that many teeth

• Like 1

Most past presidents would have got a pass on this. When you spend all day telling everyone "I won - fuck YOU", this is what you get.

Winner of twitter this month BTW - The real question is why we allow presidents from sh*thole companies like the Trump Organization

:lol:

48 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

We were never into that shit for the wretched masses.

You might want to review the history of US immigration  before believing in fairy tales.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

You might want to review the history of US immigration  before believing in fairy tales.

We were when we needed warm bodies for the Civil War ;)

12 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Fool...We are all immigrants except for the various indigenous tribes we tried to wipe out.   We needed immigrants for labor, for building railroads, for clearing land, for picking crops, for filling factories, for fulfilling our "Manifest Destiny".

What wave of immigration did your family come over in?   I know they are immigrants.  Mine came in the 1840's from Sweden, as farmers and laborers.  

22 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Most past presidents would have got a pass on this. When you spend all day telling everyone "I won - fuck YOU", this is what you get.

Winner of twitter this month BTW - The real question is why we allow presidents from sh*thole companies like the Trump Organization

:lol:

Yep - that's my thinking. Johnson? Nixon? Clinton, Obama?  All would have used colorful language to make a point.  Carter, Ronnie, Bush the Lesser, Obama? 

5 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Fool...We are all immigrants except for the various indigenous tribes we tried to wipe out.   We needed immigrants for labor, for building railroads, for clearing land, for picking crops, for filling factories, for fulfilling our "Manifest Destiny".

What wave of immigration did your family come over in?   I know they are immigrants.  Mine came in the 1840's from Sweden, as farmers and laborers.  

let's see:
one track goes back quite a way to some some early British religious nut.  There was a slave in there somewhere about 1850.

the other 3 were late 1800s, North and South Europe.  Wage slaves living in company towns.  

My kids will add in an Asian wave from the 70s.  Much better educated upper middle class wave.

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

let's see:
one track goes back quite a way to some some early British religious nut.  There was a slave in there somewhere about 1850.

the other 3 were late 1800s, North and South Europe.  Wage slaves living in company towns.  

My kids will add in an Asian wave from the 70s.  Much better educated upper middle class wave.

Nice healthy mix.  For some reason, probably cultural constipation, my relatives are all Swedish.  100%.  After 170 years, my nephew finally added a bit of welcome genetic mix by marrying a Moroccan woman.  An immigrant Muslim.  The kids are crazy beautiful.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Agree with this.

6 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Nice healthy mix.  For some reason, probably cultural constipation, my relatives are all Swedish.  100%.  After 170 years, my nephew finally added a bit of welcome genetic mix by marrying a Moroccan woman.  An immigrant Muslim.  The kids are crazy beautiful.

I bet they are.

17 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

On one side shortly after the civil war on the other between the World Wars.  They came in in accordance with the laws at the time.

20 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Fool...We are all immigrants except for the various indigenous tribes we tried to wipe out.   

So.....

They didnt immigrate from asia?

• Downvote 2

Donald Trump to Haitian voters: I want to be your greatest champion (9/16/16, Miami Merald)

"Clinton, Trump said, failed Haiti when it needed help the most.

“Clinton was responsible for doing things a lot of the Haitian people are not happy with,” Trump said from prepared remarks, referring to the aftermath of Haiti’s devastating Jan. 12, 2010, earthquake. “Taxpayer dollars intended for Haiti and the earthquake victims went to a lot of the Clinton cronies.”

Later, Trump told the crowd that he had come to “listen and learn” and to build a new relationship with the community.

“Whether you vote for me or not I really want to be your biggest champion,” he said."

POS

7 minutes ago, Moderate said:

So.....

They didnt immigrate from asia?

Climbed over the fence or tunneled under the wall about 12,000-15,000 years ago.  Actually, you can't immigrate into a place that has no statehood.  Its called wandering or exploring.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Hybrid vigor.

7 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Climbed over the fence or tunneled under the wall about 12,000-15,000 years ago.  Actually, you can't immigrate into a place that has no statehood.  Its called wandering or exploring.

Wow, explored all this way to become a defeated stoneage culture. 

Must suck to be them.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Must suck to be them.

Wow, spent all that time learning how to type and become an asshole.

Must suck to be you.

8 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Must suck to be them.

Indigenous American societies "Stone Age"?  We're talking millions living in sophisticated societies.  There's no defense against small pox.

Your 4th grade teacher is weaping

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Indigenous American societies "Stone Age"?  We're talking millions living in sophisticated societies.  There's no defense against small pox.

Probably because she had him for seven years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4ktsb said:

or,,, maybe weeping.

yeah, send me to the dunce corner for that one....

OHHH, NOOOOOO'S, Happy Jack's favorite Congresswoman!

"Republican Rep. Mia Love (Utah) on Thursday called for President Trump to apologize for those he "wantonly maligned" in his reported comments about immigrants from "shithole countries." 

"The President must apologize to both the American people and the nations he so wantonly maligned," Love said...................................... 

Trump bemoaned restoring protected status for immigrants from "shithole" countries such as Haiti, El Salvador and African countries in an Oval Office meeting Thursday with lawmakers, The Washington Post and other media outlets reported. 

Trump reportedly suggested the U.S. should take in more immigrants from countries such as Norway, the prime minister of which Trump met with on Wednesday.................................................... "

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/368627-gop-rep-mia-love-calls-on-trump-to-apologize-for-those-he-watonly

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

"Republican Rep. Mia Love (Utah) on Thursday called for President Trump to apologize for those he "wantonly maligned" in his reported comments about immigrants from "shithole countries." 

"The President must apologize to both the American people and the nations he so wantonly maligned," Love said...................................... 

Trump bemoaned restoring protected status for immigrants from "shithole" countries such as Haiti, El Salvador and African countries in an Oval Office meeting Thursday with lawmakers, The Washington Post and other media outlets reported. 

Trump reportedly suggested the U.S. should take in more immigrants from countries such as Norway, the prime minister of which Trump met with on Wednesday.................................................... "

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/368627-gop-rep-mia-love-calls-on-trump-to-apologize-for-those-he-watonly

He’ll never apologize.  To do so would indicate he is aware something he did was less than perfect. The President cannot allow that to happen. His ego is too fragile  

Same with our resident MIT “attendee”. 

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He’ll never apologize.  To do so would indicate he is aware something he did was less than perfect. The President cannot allow that to happen. His ego is too fragile  

Same with our resident MIT “attendee”. 

I hope this turns into a big deal, fuck his racist fragile ego. He needs to apologize.

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Wretched masses mostly built this country. Some came enslaved, some came half dead, some jammed into coffin ships from China and Europe, but they did build the place.

I found it interesting that the LA Times used 'shithole' in its headline, without wiping the 'i' with an assterisk.  Wonder if radio will employ the usual 'used colorful language' or similar.

Is a shithole the source or the repository?

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Mark Pocan (D-Wisc.) on Thursday fired back at a report that President Trump questioned why the U.S. accepts immigrants from “shithole” countries by asking “why [do] we allow president from sh*thole companies like the Trump Organization." 

The real question is why we allow presidents from sh*thole companies like the Trump Organization https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/951568993458053121 

The Lefties called a large portion of the US Deplorables then become butthurt with outrage when Trump accurately describes some countries as shitholes.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Weaping?

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Weaping?

Mea culpa (that means “my bad”)

16 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

The Lefties called a large portion of the US Deplorables then become butthurt with outrage when Trump accurately describes some countries as shitholes.

Calls an entire continent a "shithole", that's the "acting presidential" we were promised.  Actually, and unfortunately, there are too many people out there, several in the White House, who are very clearly deplorable.  Looks like you want to join that club.  

Please understand that every other country in the world requires that you apply for entry and have a valid reason or bring some value to the table.  Its time America started using that kind of system.  Allowing people who are a burden is not an option.  Times change and America should no longer be an open checkbook.  We no longer desire your weary and downtrodden.  We have enough.  Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Who's this "we" keemosabe?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Code 2 said:

Please understand that every other country in the world requires that you apply for entry and have a valid reason or bring some value to the table.  Its time America started using that kind of system.  Allowing people who are a burden is not an option.  Times change and America should no longer be an open checkbook.  We no longer desire your weary and downtrodden.  We have enough.  Thank you.

Then leave, asshole.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Owen said:

I found it interesting that the LA Times used 'shithole' in its headline, without wiping the 'i' with an assterisk.  Wonder if radio will employ the usual 'used colorful language' or similar.

Is a shithole the source or the repository?

CNN is glorifying the word. Only Wolf Blitzer is saying "S" hole......

Butt...... If the president says it, it must be OK..... Right?

Can we now legitimately call Trump a Shithead? Can we call his wife and daughters skanky cunts?

Are his sons now verifiable scum sucking smegma slurping parasites?

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Yep - that's my thinking. Johnson? Nixon? Clinton, Obama?  All would have used colorful language to make a point.  Carter, Ronnie, Bush the Lesser, Obama? 

Which one was that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

She should apologize for being a member of the Republican party.

I mean WTF? why would a young black woman belong to that party?

There's something very wrong there.

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

Wretched masses mostly built this country. Some came enslaved, some came half dead, some jammed into coffin ships from China and Europe, but they did build the place.

He was referring to the Republican "We".

1 hour ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

It's unpresidented.

Morons like you can't distinguish between what anonymous Internet posters say and what the POTUS says.

Trust me - different standards apply.

At least for intelligent people they do.

• Like 2

I think he was referring to the time Hillary called racist & sexist Trump supporters (as opposed to his economically anxious supporters) "deplorables".

MBL, like so many others, is proving she'd underestimated the number of racists & sexists, and was a sucker to fall for that economic anxiety bullshit. 

"If the shoe fits..."

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Then leave, asshole.

The butthurt is strong in this one

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Indigenous American societies "Stone Age"?  We're talking millions living in sophisticated societies.  

They lived down by the river, yet couldnt figure out how to build a van

• Downvote 2

Africa is a shithole.

Let Africa Sink

Kim du Toit May 26, 2002

When it comes to any analysis of the problems facing Africa, Western society, and particularly people from the United States, encounter a logical disconnect that makes clear analysis impossible. That disconnect is the way life is regarded in the West (it's precious, must be protected at all costs etc.), compared to the way life, and death, are regarded in Africa. Let me try to quantify this statement.

In Africa, life is cheap. There are so many ways to die in Africa that death is far more commonplace than in the West. You can die from so many things--snakebite, insect bite, wild animal attack, disease, starvation, food poisoning... the list goes on and on. At one time, crocodiles accounted for more deaths in sub-Saharan Africa than gunfire, for example. Now add the usual human tragedy (murder, assault, warfare and the rest), and you can begin to understand why the life expectancy for an African is low--in fact, horrifyingly low, if you remove White Africans from the statistics (they tend to be more urbanized, and more Western in behavior and outlook). Finally, if you add the horrifying spread of AIDS into the equation, anyone born in sub-Saharan Africa this century will be lucky to reach age forty.

I lived in Africa for over thirty years. Growing up there, I was infused with several African traits--traits which are not common in Western civilization. The almost-casual attitude towards death was one. (Another is a morbid fear of snakes.)

So because of my African background, I am seldom moved at the sight of death, unless it's accidental, or it affects someone close to me. (Death which strikes at strangers, of course, is mostly ignored.) Of my circle of about eighteen or so friends with whom I grew up, and whom I would consider "close", only about ten survive today--and not one of the survivors is over the age of fifty.

Two friends died from stepping on landmines while on Army duty in Namibia. Three died in horrific car accidents (and lest one thinks that this is not confined to Africa, one was caused by a kudu flying through a windshield and impaling the guy through the chest with its hoof--not your everyday traffic accident in, say, Florida). One was bitten by a snake, and died from heart failure. Another also died of heart failure, but he was a hopeless drunkard. Two were shot by muggers. The last went out on his surfboard one day and was never seen again (did I mention that sharks are plentiful off the African coasts and in the major rivers?). My situation is not uncommon in South Africa--and north of the Limpopo River (the border with Zimbabwe), I suspect that others would show worse statistics.

The death toll wasn't just confined to my friends. When I was still living in Johannesburg, the newspaper carried daily stories of people mauled by lions, or attacked by rival tribesmen, or dying from some unspeakable disease (and this was pre-AIDS Africa too) and in general, succumbing to some of Africa's many answers to the population explosion. Add to that the normal death toll from rampant crime, illness, poverty, flood, famine, traffic, and the police, and you'll begin to get the idea.

My favorite African story actually happened after I left the country. An American executive took a job over there, and on his very first day, the newspaper headlines read: "Three Headless Bodies Found".

The next day: "Three Heads Found".

The third day: "Heads Don't Match Bodies".

You can't make this stuff up.

As a result, death is treated more casually by Africans than by Westerners. I, and I suspect most Africans, am completely inured to reports of African suffering, for whatever cause. Drought causes crops to fail, thousands face starvation? Yup, that happened many times while I was growing up. Inter-tribal rivalry and warfare causes wholesale slaughter? Yep, been happening there for millennia, long before Whitey got there. Governments becoming rich and corrupt while their populations starved? Not more than nine or ten of those. In my lifetime, the following tragedies have occurred, causing untold millions of deaths: famine in Biafra, genocide in Rwanda, civil war in Angola, floods in South Africa, famine in Somalia, civil war in Sudan, famine in Ethiopia, floods in Mozambique, wholesale slaughter in Uganda, and tribal warfare in every single country. There are others, but you get the point.

Yes, all this was also true in Europe--maybe a thousand years ago. But not any more. And Europe doesn't teem with crocodiles, ultra-venomous snakes and so on.

The Dutch controlled the floods. All of Europe controls famine--it's non-existent now. Apart from a couple of examples of massive, state-sponsored slaughter (Nazi Germany, Communist Russia), Europe since 1700 doesn't even begin to compare to Africa today. Casual slaughter is another thing altogether--rare in Europe, common in Africa.

More to the point, the West has evolved into a society with a stable system of government, which follows the rule of law, and has respect for the rights and life of the individual--none of which is true in Africa.

Among old Africa hands, we have a saying, usually accompanied by a shrug: "Africa wins again." This is usually said after an incident such as:

a beloved missionary is butchered by his congregation, for no apparent reason

a tribal chief prefers to let his tribe starve to death rather than accepting food from the Red Cross (would mean he wasn't all-powerful, you see)

an entire nation starves to death, while its ruler accumulates wealth in foreign banks

a new government comes into power, promising democracy, free elections etc., provided that the freedom doesn't extend to the other tribe

the other tribe comes to power in a bloody coup, then promptly sets about slaughtering the first tribe

etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam, ad infinitum.

The prognosis is bleak, because none of this mayhem shows any sign of ending. The conclusions are equally bleak, because, quite frankly, there is no answer to Africa's problems, no solution that hasn't been tried before, and failed.

Just go to the CIA World Fact Book, pick any of the African countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi etc.), and compare the statistics to any Western country (eg. Portugal, Italy, Spain, Ireland). The disparities are appalling--and it's going to get worse, not better. It has certainly got worse since 1960, when most African countries achieved independence. We, and by this I mean the West, have tried many ways to help Africa. All such attempts have failed.

1. Charity is no answer. Money simply gets appropriated by the first, or second, or third person to touch it (17 countries saw a decline in real per capita GNP between 1970 and 1999, despite receiving well over $100 billion in World Bank assistance).

2. Food isn't distributed. This happens either because there is no transportation infrastructure (bad), or the local leader deliberately withholds the supplies to starve people into submission (worse).

3. Materiel is broken, stolen or sold off for a fraction of its worth. The result of decades of "foreign aid" has resulted in a continental infrastructure which, if one excludes South Africa, couldn't support Pittsburgh.

Add to this, as I mentioned above, the endless cycle of Nature's little bag of tricks--persistent drought followed by violent flooding, a plethora of animals, reptiles and insects so dangerous that life is already cheap before Man starts playing his little reindeer games with his fellow Man--and what you are left with is: catastrophe.

The inescapable conclusion is simply one of resignation. This goes against the grain of our humanity--we are accustomed to ridding the world of this or that problem (smallpox, polio, whatever), and accepting failure is anathema to us. But, to give a classic African scenario, a polio vaccine won't work if the kids are prevented from getting the vaccine by a venal overlord, or a frightened chieftain, or a lack of roads, or by criminals who steal the vaccine and sell it to someone else. If a cure for AIDS was found tomorrow, and offered to every African nation free of charge, the growth of the disease would scarcely be checked, let alone reversed. Basically, you'd have to try to inoculate as many two-year old children as possible, and write off the two older generations.

So that is the only one response, and it's a brutal one: accept that we are powerless to change Africa, and leave them to sink or swim, by themselves.

It sounds dreadful to say it, but if the entire African continent dissolves into a seething maelstrom of disease, famine and brutality, that's just too damn bad. We have better things to do--sometimes, you just have to say, "Can't do anything about it."

The viciousness, the cruelty, the corruption, the duplicity, the savagery, and the incompetence is endemic to the entire continent, and is so much of an anathema to any right-thinking person that the civilized imagination simply stalls when faced with its ubiquity, and with the enormity of trying to fix it. The Western media shouldn't even bother reporting on it. All that does is arouse our feelings of horror, and the instinctive need to do something, anything--but everything has been tried before, and failed. Everything, of course, except self-reliance.

All we should do is make sure that none of Africa gets transplanted over to the U.S., because the danger to our society is dire if it does. I note that several U.S. churches are attempting to bring groups of African refugees over to the United States, European churches the same for Europe. Mistake. Mark my words, this misplaced charity will turn around and bite us, big time.

Even worse would be to think that the simplicity of Africa holds some kind of answers for Western society: remember "It Takes A Village"? Trust me on this: there is not one thing that Africa can give the West which hasn't been tried before and failed, not one thing that isn't a step backwards, and not one thing which is worse than, or that contradicts, what we have already.

So here's my solution for the African fiasco: a high wall around the whole continent, all the guns and bombs in the world for everyone inside, and at the end, the last one alive should do us all a favor and kill himself.

Inevitably, some Kissingerian realpolitiker is going to argue in favor of intervention, because in the vacuum of Western aid, perhaps the Communist Chinese would step in and increase their influence in the area. There are two reasons why this isn't going to happen.

Firstly, the PRC doesn't have that kind of money to throw around; and secondly, the result of any communist assistance will be precisely the same as if it were Western assistance. For the record, Mozambique and Angola are both communist countries--and both are economic disaster areas. The prognosis for both countries is disastrous--and would be the same for any other African country.

Africa has to heal itself. The West can't help it. Nor should we. The record speaks for itself.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/924795/posts

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Code 2 said:

Clearly you don’t understand the value immigrants bring. But deplorables don’t really understand demographics. 

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Clearly you don’t understand the value immigrants being. But deplorables don’t really understand demographics. 

Racists think the country you were born in determines your human worth.

59 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Which one was that?

Young George, after catching Born-again-ism.

7 minutes ago, Moderate said:

So here's my solution for the African fiasco: a high wall around the whole continent, all the guns and bombs in the world for everyone inside, and at the end, the last one alive should do us all a favor and kill himself.

eerily similar to another who wants a wall ................

6 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Racists think the country you were born in determines your human worth.

Once again youre confusing nationalism with racism

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Moderate said:

nationalism : an extreme form of patriotism marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.

racism : prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior...

quack , quack ...........

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Nationalists like you are racists.

1 hour ago, Moderate said:

Africa is a shithole.

Let Africa Sink

Kim du Toit May 26, 2002

When it comes to any analysis of the problems facing Africa, Western society, and particularly people from the United States, encounter a logical disconnect that makes clear analysis impossible. That disconnect is the way life is regarded in the West (it's precious, must be protected at all costs etc.), compared to the way life, and death, are regarded in Africa. Let me try to quantify this statement.In Africa, life is cheap. There are so many ways to die in Africa that death is far more commonplace than in the West. You can die from so many things--snakebite, insect bite, wild animal attack, disease, starvation, food poisoning... the list goes on and on. At one time, crocodiles accounted for more deaths in sub-Saharan Africa than gunfire, for example. Now add the usual human tragedy (murder, assault, warfare and the rest), and you can begin to understand why the life expectancy for an African is low--in fact, horrifyingly low, if you remove White Africans from the statistics 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/924795/posts

Life is cheap in the USA too. How many children have to die because of lack of healthcare? How many children die because their brother shot them with dad's gun? How many people die because some unstable person had easy access to firearms? How many people have their life shortened because of lack of education of basic nutrition?

The USA is the shithole of the developed world. And yet I'm very happy to live next to it.  It provides us protection and stable trading partner.

But your Pres calling other nations shitholes is disgusting, he the leader of the free world not some two bit hack in front of a keyboard. 

3 minutes ago, Irish River said:

he the leader of the free world

not

"Haitians make up the second largest group of people employed at Mar-A-Lago.
Enjoy your spit covered burnt steak at 200K per year, folks.
Gonna take a lot of ketchup to cover THAT up." Steve Marmel

• Like 1

I have been to the Philippines. It is a shithole.

13 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I have been to the Philippines. It is a shithole.

parts yes, parts lovely. some of the people are the nicest I've ever met. Others are deplorable. Love the RP.

Filipino immigrants were the best staff I ever had.

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Filipino immigrants were the best staff I ever had.

Is that a trump tweet?

Fuck You Very Much!

A statement of fact - my old processing operation employed quite a few of them - couple of dozen over the years - they were great staff.

My dad and my neighbour had & have Filipino home care workers and they are also the best.

If I was still hiring people and a Filipino applied, they would almost certainly get the job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moderate said:

If it's nationalism, what nation are you from? Because you sure as shit don't sound like an American. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Fuck You Very Much!

A statement of fact - my old processing operation employed quite a few of them - couple of dozen over the years - they were great staff.

My dad and my neighbour had & have Filipino home care workers and they are also the best.

If I was still hiring people and a Filipino applied, they would almost certainly get the job.

Just stirring mate. I didn't mean the people (My sons girlfriend is from there) Seriously though when I was in Manila in the 80's is was the most revolting place I have ever seen.

Not defending the prick, but this really is on the lower end of the Orange idiot ignorant dumbfucker scale.

Sounds good to me.  Immigration is not a form  of humanitary assitance.  

Immigrants must be selected accourding to thier abilty to contribute to America.

immigrants should  get no special treatment simply because thier country is within walking distance of the border.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Just stirring mate. I didn't mean the people (My sons girlfriend is from there) Seriously though when I was in Manila in the 80's is was the most revolting place I have ever seen.

Not defending the prick, but this really is on the lower end of the Orange idiot ignorant dumbfucker scale.

Parts of the Philippines are a shithole, yes, most of Manila certinly. Big 3rd World cities are almost always shitholes anyway - I almost kissed the deck of the QANTAS jumbo the last (and I mean LAST) time I flew out of Jakarta.

My wife is a consultant to one of the Filipino ministries and they furnish her with an armed guard, sometimes 2, depending on where she's going. Mind you the USA TSA fascists basically strip-searched her on the way to an international conference a couple years back, that was really shithole treatment IMO. What, a 60 y/o white female Australian professor is a terrorist threat? Oh sorry, your number has come up. Idiots.

We've had a lot of Filipinos staying with us while attending training in Australia and they've always been a pleasure to have in the house.

FKT

11 hours ago, Irish River said:

nailed it.

10 hours ago, Moderate said:

Must suck to be them.

what a poisonous little bitch, if you said half the garbage in a bar you petulantly say here you'd likely get your ass beat.

too bad so many asinine fks like you actually exist..

2 hours ago, slug zitski said:

Sounds good to me.  Immigration is not a form  of humanitary assitance.  

Immigrants must be selected accourding to thier abilty to contribute to America.

immigrants should  get no special treatment simply because thier country is within walking distance of the border.

it's not about your immigration policy, It's about insulting the populations of more than 50 different countries.

38 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

what a poisonous little bitch, if you said half the garbage in a bar you petulantly say here you'd likely get your ass beat.

too bad so many asinine fks like you actually exist..

just ignore it..and please don't quote it..I think about half this board have it on ignore.