3 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

There is always a path, it is the price to be paid that gives people pause.  For those who have nothing left to lose, anything is possible.  I truly believe we have reached that point.

Not yet.    There is growing unease that maybe voting Elephant didn't make anything better.  There is anger, but as with most reactionary environments there are a dozen things to be angry over and no consensus.  Slug and JZK are the danger, those that ignore the festering boil until the icky stuff suddenly erupts.      Any violent action will result in chaos without a Washington to lead us, a Franklin to find the way or Jefferson to remind us of our common ideals.     

"Two GOP senators said Friday they "do not recall" President Trump's reference to "shithole" countries during an Oval Office meeting on immigration. 

Sens. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and David Perdue (R-Ga.) issued a joint statement saying they did not recall the president making the exact comments, and called out Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) for confirming the comments. 

"In regards to Senator Durbin’s accusation, we do not recall the President saying these comments specifically but what he did call out was the imbalance in our current immigration system, which does not protect American workers and our national interest," the senators wrote"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/368745-gop-senators-say-they-do-not-recall-trump-referring-to-shithole. 

Then again, when your colleagues verify what was said, you look pretty stupid. But hey! at least the KKK and Nazi donations will be good this year.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/368744-sen-tim-scott-sen-graham-confirmed-trumps-reported-shithole

1 minute ago, Lark said:

If you can help me trailer a pocket cruiser I'll take a roadtrip and give you a couple daysails.    Getting the damn thing on a trailer alone is the only hard part.   

I will happily take you up on that offer, thanks.  I must warn you, my physical abilities are pretty limited.  I have terrible balance due to a nuerological condition affecting my lower legs, and my knees don't bend any more than 90 degrees on a good day, which makes even the simple act of getting in and out of a boat challenging.  But I am willing to try!   I will have a rental car and will be staying in Erie and Conneaut OH, I don't have any problem driving somewhere to meet you.  Even Toledo is only 3 1/2 hours away.

14 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:
16 minutes ago, hermetic said:

unless mueller finds something that the congress can make stick for impeachment, there isn't a real clear path

There is always a path, it is the price to be paid that gives people pause.  For those who have nothing left to lose, anything is possible.  I truly believe we have reached that point.

good luck with that

3 minutes ago, Lark said:

Not yet.    There is growing unease that maybe voting Elephant didn't make anything better.  There is anger, but as with most reactionary environments there are a dozen things to be angry over and no consensus.  Slug and JZK are the danger, those that ignore the festering boil until the icky stuff suddenly erupts.      Any violent action will result in chaos without a Washington to lead us, a Franklin to find the way or Jefferson to remind us of our common ideals.     

I essentially agree with you but things are quickly reaching the boining point.  Inaction is still an action, which unfortunately leads to the chaos that you refer to.  But unless rational minds prevail quickly, things will rapidly get out of control.  Look at the press for example. In spite of the cries of "Fake News!", the press until the last couple of weeks has been amazingly docile. Now when you listen to the WHite House press briefings, the reporters are finally asking difficult questions.  The reservoir of public opinion is rapidly reaching flood stage.  Look at the most recent polling data, Trump is at recod low numbers.  Ideally, the floodwaters should be released in a controled fashion, but the point where the spilway is overwhelmed and an uncontrolled release will occur is rapidly approaching.

2 minutes ago, hermetic said:

good luck with that

Luck has nothing to do with it, something is going to happen and it will happen soon.  The momentum is building and soon it will reach a tipping point.

"White supremacists expressed delight online after President Trump’s reported remarks about “shithole” majority black countries. 

-snip- 

The comments elicited gratified responses from white supremacist “leaders” like Richard Spencer, David Duke and Andrew Anglin, as well as from rank and file racists. 

-snip- 

The Right Stuff’s Mike Enoch took the opportunity to inject anti-Semitism into the issue, claiming that Jews who control the media are to blame for showcasing Trump’s racist remarks. 

-snip- 

On the white supremacist message board Stormfront, some forum members celebrated Trump’s remarks by stating this is the “best thing a President of the US has said in my lifetime.” Another poster supported the President’s comments and noted that “third world non-white countries” are fleeing and migrating into White Western Countries… which only lowers our standard of living… White countries and ONLY White countries are being invaded.” Yet another forum member stated, “At least somebody outside of us has the balls to say it” and then identified a “deep state operative” as the source for the leak."

https://www.adl.org/blog/white-supremacists-praise-trumps-inflammatory-immigration-remarks

Let's assume our political "stable genius" made the remark.

A  He was tired, in a  private meeting and made a mistake.

1  Based upon the level of loyalty and respect he has engendered so far, why would he expect the comment would NOT wind up in the press?

B  Made the remark mistakenly but decided to see how it would play in the press

1  Did he believe that this comment would play well with his base?  We'll see.

2  Did he believe this would engender support among independent voters?  Probably not; Cook Political is reporting that mid voting by independents tends to follow the Presidents job approval rating minus a couple of points.

3  Did he believe it would distract from a topic he would rather not see?  An Ivanka subpoena?  Rejecting a Mueller interview? Release of his medical report? Other?

C   Truly believes the statement and does not care what anybody outside the faithful thinks, including R's that he needs to get legislation passed.

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

you don't need a lottery, but it is one of the few things that makes America "great" In fact it's one of the concepts that makes the USA "American". don't throw away this small gesture of equality for the sake of politics. you may as well tear down the statue of liberty.

You also have to consider anotheraspect of the lottery, you are getting people with skills you havent paid for.

A brain and skills drain of those in those "shitholes" who qualified at the expense of those "shithole" governments and leave for better wages,,taking the other less qualified sort of evens things out.

You wouldn't want to be accused of poaching the skilled from shitholes without any recompense would you?

Why not? That would set a"goal" for prospective immigrants to achieve.

The book makers in London are only giving Trump a 50% chance of remaining in office for four years. So, Soak-Ed, that stat may give you some hope that you'll get your wish. These are dispassionate odds makers and those are crazy odds even for an elderly, obese, junk food addict who meditates on superiority and supremacy.

I share Soak-Ed's disgust, but I'm not hopeful that Pence will be any better than Trump. Pressing for action on Trump's fitness for office (Steyer, et al) feeds his supporters the theological grist they need. It's better to listen to Steve Bannon who said that Don Jr. will be cracked like an egg on national TV and that the FBI is looking at Trump/Russia money laundering. In fact, I haven't checked the odds since Stevie said he was talking about Manafort while not challenging the egg and money laundering comment. Could be 40% now.

If Haiti isnt a shithole why are people trying to escape in rowboats?

• Downvote 1

Just now, Moderate said:

The Dominican Republic has better border security than the US.

1 minute ago, Saorsa said:

The Dominican Republic has better border security than the US.

We need a wall.  Where would you put it to keep shithole Haitians out?

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:
8 hours ago, slug zitski said:

Save your misguided vitrol for those creating human misery 

we do..it's name is Trump.

And every shithead that supports him.

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

"Two GOP senators said Friday they "do not recall" President Trump's reference to "shithole" countries during an Oval Office meeting on immigration. 

Sens. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and David Perdue (R-Ga.) issued a joint statement saying they did not recall the president making the exact comments, and called out Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) for confirming the comments. 

"In regards to Senator Durbin’s accusation, we do not recall the President saying these comments specifically but what he did call out was the imbalance in our current immigration system, which does not protect American workers and our national interest," the senators wrote"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/368745-gop-senators-say-they-do-not-recall-trump-referring-to-shithole. 

Then again, when your colleagues verify what was said, you look pretty stupid. But hey! at least the KKK and Nazi donations will be good this year.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/368744-sen-tim-scott-sen-graham-confirmed-trumps-reported-shithole

That is a rather mild denial. 

Please note, these two did not say "President Trump never said that."

They said they "don't recall" him saying it. 

If you don't think those words were carefully chosen to provide coverage in the event the statement is verified, I have some oceanfront property in Wichita, Kansas I'd like you to consider buying.

8 hours ago, 3to1 said:

understand and I don't want to rub anybody's rhubarb, but personally speaking, morons like him are preferable to echo chambers. 

Not really, no. Trollish stupidity isn't really work engaging. It's like going to the zoo so you can shit in your hand and throw it back at the monkeys.

But it is true we have very few righties worth talking too.

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

If you don't think those words were carefully chosen to provide coverage in the event the statement is verified, I have some oceanfront property in Wichita, Kansas I'd like you to consider buying.

Graham comes close, but still no spine -

U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham finally responded Friday afternoon to being present when President Donald Trump reported uttered "shithole countries" in the Oval Office.

While Graham didn't confirm or directly address the comment in his media statement, he said that he did make his feelings known at the time.

“Following comments by the president, I said my piece directly to him yesterday," Graham said. "The president and all those attending the meeting know what I said and how I feel. I’ve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals.

https://www.postandcourier.com/politics/sen-tim-scott-trump-s-shithole-countries-comment-is-accurate/article_e99c2fba-f7a9-11e7-a381-d7950e17b81f.html

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I just posted their comments to demonstrate that some supporters will say anything to give an excuse for lousy behavior.

18 minutes ago, Moderate said:

So your logic (and Trumps, and the GOP) is that because a country is a shithole,  all their people are bad and should be excluded.  Gotcha.

I still think it's racism, but you could also call it 'selective xenophoboa'

Trump doesn't want people from shitholes.  He said that.  He referenced only black countries as being shitholes.  He likes white people and welcomes them to come from Norway.

14 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Trump doesn't want people from shitholes.  He said that.  He referenced only black countries as being shitholes.  He likes white people and welcomes them to come from Norway.

But Norway considers us a shithole country.

6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I would suggest that they are correct.  At least parts of this place are shitholes.

3 hours ago, Kirwan said:

This is a very illuminating thread. 

All the racists have outed themselves here.  Some I expected, Zitski was a surprise. 

Who cares about the language, he basically said that if you live in a poor country, you're a bad person, and not welcome here. 

I guess that aligns with the Republican dogma; 'poor people are lazy, dumb leeches.'

How could Zitski possibly surprise you?

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

I would suggest that they are correct.  At least parts of this place are shitholes.

Just look at Trumps election map he is so proud of.

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

How could Zitski possibly surprise you?

He could start spelling correctly?

9 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
16 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I was thinking it over, and realized that our only real major advantage is that you'd be swapping Buffalo Wings for Lutefisk.

I suspect that the Shithole comment just got him re-elected.

17 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

"The country discovered oil in the late 1960s, and, unlike other resource-rich countries that have succumbed to mismanagement and corruption in the face of sudden wealth, invested heavily in its people and its economy to become one of the world’s wealthiest places. Its per capita gross domestic product went from $1,441.80 in 1960 to $70,911.8 now, according to World Bank data. (The U.S. figure is $57,638.20.) Norway has higher life expectancy at birth than the U.S., lower rates of infant mortality, low unemployment, and access to the European Union’s labor market (though it’s not an EU member).

Additionally, Norway is the world’s happiest country (the U.S. ranks 14), the place with the most political freedom (the U.S. ranks 45), most press freedom (the U.S. ranks 43rd), and most prosperity (the U.S. ranks 18). Simply put, there’s little economic incentive for Norwegians to immigrate to the U.S."

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/01/trump-shithole-norway/550382/

2 minutes ago, random said:

The deplorables will always have his back.  Unless he actually does something positive about immigration.  Then they will drop him like a Bannon ball.

27 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Yeah, Oakland.

• Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

el salvador is a "black country" ?

9 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:
13 minutes ago, random said:

The deplorables will always have his back.  Unless he actually does something positive about immigration.  Then they will drop him like a Bannon ball.

I'm serious.  I have continued to underestimate how many people there are in the US are complete racist rednecks and they are breeding.  As things get harder for the workers instead of blaming Trump they will blame anyone not like them.  This attitude has been suppressed since slavery was abolished but now a new lightening rod has given them the OK to not only voice it, but to act on it by voting.

This comment is exactly what they voted for him to do and there will be others who will turn.  The tactic has proven itself over the centuries so why would it not work for Trump?

Just now, random said:

I'm serious.  I have continued to underestimate how many people there are in the US are complete racist rednecks and they are breeding.  As things get harder for the workers instead of blaming Trump they will blame anyone not like them.  This attitude has been suppressed since slavery was ablolished but now a new lightening rod has given them the OK to not only voice it, but to act on it by voting.

This comment is exactly what they voted for him to do and there will be others who will turn.  The tactic has proven itself over the centuries so why would it not work for Trump?

Well, his approval ratings should skyrocket any minute.

1 minute ago, random said:

I'm serious.  I have continued to underestimate how many people there are in the US are complete racist rednecks and they are breeding.  As things get harder for the workers instead of blaming Trump they will blame anyone not like them.  This attitude has been suppressed since slavery was abolished but now a new lightening rod has given them the OK to not only voice it, but to act on it by voting.

Those people are still a small but loud minority.

For the past year the left has been calling him "the liar in chief". 

Now hes telling the truth and your still bitching. Haiti and Africa are shitholes.

Hey BJ, how much are you going to pay to avoid Africa on your way to the Med?

I remember your comments about Africa.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

They look kinda dark.

Not really..

8 minutes ago, Moderate said:

For the past year the left has been calling him "the liar in chief". 

Now hes telling the truth and your still bitching.

You are acknowledging he said it. He is now claiming that never made the comment.

Is he lying?  

Ever notice that when you try to defend him you look like Lucille Ball in the candy factory scene?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Those people are still a small but loud minority.

I'm just looking at the last election and who is now President.

One scenario to explain the situation is that people say one thing on the street and do another in the privacy of the voting booth.

It seems somewhat relevant at this point to remind ourselves that there is no critter on the earth with a bigger shithole than an elephant.  Coincidence?

9 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

You live in the last place on this planet that can tell anyone else anything about immigration, Just FYI

Crap. We have a very active immigration policy running at close to 200k people/year into a country with a population of some 22 million. You want to argue about Australian immigration policy, better check your facts first.

We're fortunate to have sea borders and we enforce border security as best we can.

FKT

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Not really..

Is that the famous "MIss Hospitality"?   NPR just reported that some Congress Critter is bringing Articles of Impeachment to the floor next week?  Can't happen soon enough!!

"This attitude has been suppressed since slavery was abolished "

Absolutely not true.  The end of Reconstruction allowed the old racist governments in the South to reconstitute and replace the old Black Codes with Jim Crow laws.  The killings and beatings during the Civil Rights period should be ample proof for anyone.  The vestiges of these laws lasted up into the late '70's and the resentment against the change pushed Reagan into the White House.  I'm old enough to remember sunset laws and worked with people that saw blacks hanging from street lamps.  The attitudes may have been suppressed in your part of the country but have NEVER disappeared down here. Race has been a festering abscess in the body politic since independence and has yet to be lanced.

"NPR just reported that some Congress Critter is bringing Articles of Impeachment to the floor next week?  Can't happen soon enough!!"

Remember the last two impeachment hearings; they brought government to a complete halt.  Budget? DACA? Debt Ceiling?

Norway, eh? I wonder if I could just go live there? Hell, I live with them anyways. Everyone is blonde out here. The town down the road is named...Norway. It even has a welcome sign in Scandahoovian. My farmhand's last name is Thanepohn (pronounced Tenpin).

8685414961_78949dae1a.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mid said:

Untitled.jpg

Theyre demanding something besides free money?

Fuck those clowns, maybe theyll embargo aid from the US.

• Downvote 1

Nope, I was there this year.  They like the US and look forward to seeing Orlando.

DSC_1813web.JPG

DSC_0506web.JPG

DSC_0618fc2web.JPG

2 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Nope, I was there this year.  They like the US and look forward to seeing Orlando.

'Thanks, but no thanks' - Norwegians reject Trump's immigration offer

“On behalf of Norway: Thanks, but no thanks,” tweeted Torbjoern Saetre, a politician representing Norway’s Conservative Party in a municipality near Oslo.

Others condemned the U.S. president’s comments as inappropriate or racist.

“We are not coming. Cheers from Norway,” one woman wrote.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-norway/thanks-but-no-thanks-norwegians-reject-trumps-immigration-offer-idUSKBN1F11QK

"The country discovered oil in the late 1960s, and, unlike other resource-rich countries that have succumbed to mismanagement and corruption in the face of sudden wealth, invested heavily in its people and its economy to become one of the world’s wealthiest places. Its per capita gross domestic product went from $1,441.80 in 1960 to $70,911.8 now, according to World Bank data. (The U.S. figure is $57,638.20.) Norway has higher life expectancy at birth than the U.S., lower rates of infant mortality, low unemployment, and access to the European Union’s labor market (though it’s not an EU member).

Additionally, Norway is the world’s happiest country (the U.S. ranks 14), the place with the most political freedom (the U.S. ranks 45), most press freedom (the U.S. ranks 43rd), and most prosperity (the U.S. ranks 18). Simply put, there’s little economic incentive for Norwegians to immigrate to the U.S."

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/01/trump-shithole-norway/550382/

Then why did a much higher percentage of their population leave and come to the US, then from here to Norway? 

• Like 1

State Sen. Kwame Raoul (D-Ill.) “He’s demonstrated himself to be unfit, unknowledgeable about the history of this country and the history of contributions that immigrants, particularly Haitian immigrants, have made to this country,”

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of Calif. Pelosi tweeted: “Sad comment from @realDonaldTrump. All the more reason to focus on getting an agreement on DACA as soon as possible.”

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) Kasich tweeted: “America was built on the backs of immigrants from around the globe. We must honor that history, not reject it. It starts with respectful rhetoric and signing bipartisan DACA legislation.”

Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah) Hatch tweeted: “I look forward to getting a more detailed explanation regarding the President’s comments. Part of what makes America so special is that we welcome the best and brightest in the world, regardless of their country of origin.”

Rep. Mia Love (R-Utah) “The [president’s] comments are unkind, divisive, elitist, and fly in the face of our nation’s values,” Rep. Mia Love, whose parents came to the U.S. from Haiti, said in a statement. “This behavior is unacceptable from the leader of our nation.”

Sen. Robert P. Casey Jr. (D-Pa.) Casey tweeted: “America is better than this and our president should be too.”

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) “The American family was born from immigrants fleeing persecution and poverty and searching for a better future,” Scott said in a statement. “Our strength lies in our diversity, including those who came here from Africa, the Caribbean and every other corner of the world.”

Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) “If these comments are accurate, they are disappointing,” Lankford said. “I would not talk about nations like this, because I believe the people of those countries are made in the image of God and have worth and human dignity.”

Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif) Harris tweeted: “Immigrants from countries across the globe — including and especially those from Haiti and all parts of Africa — have helped build this country. They should be welcomed and celebrated, not demeaned and insulted.”

Rep. Jim McGovern (D-Mass.) McGovern tweeted: “America’s president is a racist and this is the proof. His hateful rhetoric has no place in the @WhiteHouse. Every single Republican must denounce these comments now.”

Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) Bass tweeted: “@realDonaldTrump — You would never call a predominantly white country a ‘shithole’ because you are unable to see people of color, American or otherwise, as equals.”

Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. (D-N.J.) “Once again, @POTUS has made a fool of himself our nation on a worldwide stage,” Pascrell tweeted.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) Wasserman Schultz tweeted: “Donald Trump is not only a bad president, he is a bad person. There should be no place for his vile comments in our public discourse.”

Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.) Curbelo tweeted: “Under no circumstances is it acceptable to degrade, denigrate, or dehumanize #TPS immigrants. The White House must immediately explain the situation and leave no doubt regarding what was said and in what context.”

Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.) “This is racism, plain and simple, and we need to call it that. My Republican colleagues need to call it that too,” Walz tweeted.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) Ros-Lehtinen tweeted: “The president calling #Haiti a ‘shithole country’ ignores the contributions thousands of Haitians have made to our #SoFla community and nation. Language like that shouldn’t be heard in locker rooms and it shouldn’t be heard in the White House”

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) Blumenthal tweeted: “smack of blatant racism — odious and insidious racism masquerading poorly as immigration policy. He does not speak for me as an American.”

Sen. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) Markey tweeted: “It appears as if the color of money isn’t the only color @realDonaldTrump cares about. These are words of hate and we must condemn them on many sides.”

28 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

DSC_1813web.JPG

DSC_0506web.JPG

DSC_0618fc2web.JPG

Yeah, When I visited Trolltunga, they told me "America is a Nice place to visit, but who would want to live there?"

20 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Then why did a much higher percentage of their population leave and come to the US, then from here to Norway? 

You can't really be that stupid.

18 minutes ago, chinabald said:

For the same reason Italians, Poles, Irish, and 20 million immigrants who pressed through Ellis Island. To escape famine, religious or political persecution, or a chance to own land. You know, pretty much the same reasons they use today.

38 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

DSC_1813web.JPG

DSC_0506web.JPG

DSC_0618fc2web.JPG

And that’s your judgement on the view of the Norwegian population?  Exactly how long were you there for? And remember they’re very polite, especially to tourists. 

57 minutes ago, Mid said:

'Thanks, but no thanks' - Norwegians reject Trump's immigration offer

“On behalf of Norway: Thanks, but no thanks,” tweeted Torbjoern Saetre, a politician representing Norway’s Conservative Party in a municipality near Oslo.

Others condemned the U.S. president’s comments as inappropriate or racist.

“We are not coming. Cheers from Norway,” one woman wrote.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-norway/thanks-but-no-thanks-norwegians-reject-trumps-immigration-offer-idUSKBN1F11QK

One woman from Norway is not coming?  Fuck, we are screwed.

• Like 1

shithole.jpg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, learningJ24 said:

"This attitude has been suppressed since slavery was abolished "

Absolutely not true.  The end of Reconstruction allowed the old racist governments in the South to reconstitute and replace the old Black Codes with Jim Crow laws.  The killings and beatings during the Civil Rights period should be ample proof for anyone.  The vestiges of these laws lasted up into the late '70's and the resentment against the change pushed Reagan into the White House.  I'm old enough to remember sunset laws and worked with people that saw blacks hanging from street lamps.  The attitudes may have been suppressed in your part of the country but have NEVER disappeared down here. Race has been a festering abscess in the body politic since independence and has yet to be lanced.

Dude....... you bring up Jim Crow Laws of the Democrat South???? Your "bad" man.........

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Congress passed a number of laws in regard to slavery and there were numerous court cases.

All sorts of unconstitutional laws have been passed, but if they're contrary to the Constitution, then they're not actually laws ...

An unconstitutional act is not a law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties: affords no protections; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed. -- US Supreme Court, 118 US 425

7 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Tell us BL,  which do you take your family to?

I take them to Haiti to learn about the poor and hungry and make them appreciate where they are in society. Hopefully, that lesson stays with them as we travel the world.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

I take them to Haiti to learn about the poor and hungry and make them appreciate where they are in society. Hopefully, that lesson stays with them as we travel the world.

pics or it didnt happen

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mid said:
State Sen. Kwame Raoul (D-Ill.) “He’s demonstrated himself to be unfit, unknowledgeable about the history of this country and the history of contributions that immigrants, particularly Haitian immigrants, have made to this country,”

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of Calif. Pelosi tweeted: “Sad comment from @realDonaldTrump. All the more reason to focus on getting an agreement on DACA as soon as possible.”

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) Kasich tweeted: “America was built on the backs of immigrants from around the globe. We must honor that history, not reject it. It starts with respectful rhetoric and signing bipartisan DACA legislation.”

Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah) Hatch tweeted: “I look forward to getting a more detailed explanation regarding the President’s comments. Part of what makes America so special is that we welcome the best and brightest in the world, regardless of their country of origin.”

Rep. Mia Love (R-Utah) “The [president’s] comments are unkind, divisive, elitist, and fly in the face of our nation’s values,” Rep. Mia Love, whose parents came to the U.S. from Haiti, said in a statement. “This behavior is unacceptable from the leader of our nation.”

Sen. Robert P. Casey Jr. (D-Pa.) Casey tweeted: “America is better than this and our president should be too.”

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) “The American family was born from immigrants fleeing persecution and poverty and searching for a better future,” Scott said in a statement. “Our strength lies in our diversity, including those who came here from Africa, the Caribbean and every other corner of the world.”

Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) “If these comments are accurate, they are disappointing,” Lankford said. “I would not talk about nations like this, because I believe the people of those countries are made in the image of God and have worth and human dignity.”

Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif) Harris tweeted: “Immigrants from countries across the globe — including and especially those from Haiti and all parts of Africa — have helped build this country. They should be welcomed and celebrated, not demeaned and insulted.”

Rep. Jim McGovern (D-Mass.) McGovern tweeted: “America’s president is a racist and this is the proof. His hateful rhetoric has no place in the @WhiteHouse. Every single Republican must denounce these comments now.”

Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) Bass tweeted: “@realDonaldTrump — You would never call a predominantly white country a ‘shithole’ because you are unable to see people of color, American or otherwise, as equals.”

Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. (D-N.J.) “Once again, @POTUS has made a fool of himself our nation on a worldwide stage,” Pascrell tweeted.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) Wasserman Schultz tweeted: “Donald Trump is not only a bad president, he is a bad person. There should be no place for his vile comments in our public discourse.”

Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.) Curbelo tweeted: “Under no circumstances is it acceptable to degrade, denigrate, or dehumanize #TPS immigrants. The White House must immediately explain the situation and leave no doubt regarding what was said and in what context.”

Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.) “This is racism, plain and simple, and we need to call it that. My Republican colleagues need to call it that too,” Walz tweeted.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) Ros-Lehtinen tweeted: “The president calling #Haiti a ‘shithole country’ ignores the contributions thousands of Haitians have made to our #SoFla community and nation. Language like that shouldn’t be heard in locker rooms and it shouldn’t be heard in the White House”

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) Blumenthal tweeted: “smack of blatant racism — odious and insidious racism masquerading poorly as immigration policy. He does not speak for me as an American.”

Sen. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) Markey tweeted: “It appears as if the color of money isn’t the only color @realDonaldTrump cares about. These are words of hate and we must condemn them on many sides.”

Yeah, and Ryan gave him the could shoulder when the Pussy-grabbing tape came out. 

1 hour ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

shithole.jpg

HOW CAN TRUMP LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL STREET IN MONTECITO, CA, AND NOT CALL IT A SHITHOLE:

800.jpeg

47 minutes ago, mikewof said:

All sorts of unconstitutional laws have been passed, but if they're contrary to the Constitution, then they're not actually laws ...

An unconstitutional act is not a law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties: affords no protections; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed. -- US Supreme Court, 118 US 425

The constitution says congress can pass laws.  Where does it say that it can't pass laws in regard to slavery or that slavery is forbidden to the federal government?

18 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Isnt australia lovely

images.jpeg

aboriginalracism.jpg

• Downvote 1