5 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Net fundraising    -$296,859  

pigs-feeding-from-a-metal-trough-at-feeding-time-on-the-farm-CFJYKX.thumb.jpg.a3ad143938e5c7e61c26375ba94531eb.jpg

15 minutes ago, benwynn said:

And these freeloaders pull in a good chunk of change too:

Total Revenue $15,426,026
Total Functional Expenses    $14,818,576
Net income    $607,450

Notable sources of revenue    
Contributions    $12,739,414    
Program services    $1,777,719    
Investment income    $322,369    2.
Bond proceeds    $0    
Royalties    $126,747    
Rental property income    $0    
Sales of assets    $675,092    
Net inventory sales    $0    
Other revenue    $81,544    

Notable expenses
Executive compensation    $843,122
Professional fundraising fees    $67,855    
Other salaries and wages    $5,002,206    

Other
Total Assets    $18,380,980
Total Liabilities    $3,567,573
Net Assets    $14,813,407

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/541429009

$840K to run a sham 501C3 that's really a right-wing propaganda organ? Good work if you can get it, I suppose.

18 minutes ago, benwynn said:

And these freeloaders pull in a good chunk of change too:

Total Revenue $15,426,026
Total Functional Expenses    $14,818,576
Net income    $607,450

Notable sources of revenue    
Contributions    $12,739,414    
Program services    $1,777,719    
Investment income    $322,369    2.
Bond proceeds    $0    
Royalties    $126,747    
Rental property income    $0    
Sales of assets    $675,092    
Net inventory sales    $0    
Other revenue    $81,544    

Notable expenses
Executive compensation    $843,122
Professional fundraising fees    $67,855    
Other salaries and wages    $5,002,206    

Other
Total Assets    $18,380,980
Total Liabilities    $3,567,573
Net Assets    $14,813,407

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/541429009

Fuck, we're in the wrong business. We could all buy really nice boats if we could set up a YouTube "Political Ranters Of SA" channel and rake in some of that contributor money.

-DSK

17 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Preserved for posterity. BJP thinks the economy doesn't matter. Like Nancy Pelosi, who thinks a $1000 bonus and a pay raise is "pathetic crumbs". How utterly disconnected with the reality of working people.  

Of course you think the economy doesn't matter. You're one of the idle rich, living on a yacht. To working people it matters,  a lot

and temporary tax cuts? Stimulus packages are good. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

$840K to run a sham 501C3 that's really a right-wing propaganda organ? Good work if you can get it, I suppose.

Hinckley Picnic Boat here we come!

A Republican senator who attended a Thursday immigration meeting at the White House forcefully denied on Sunday that President Trump had used the phrase “shithole countries” in describing Haiti and African nations, saying a Democratic senator’s account of the session was “a gross misrepresentation.”

Senator David Perdue, Republican of Georgia, said on ABC’s “This Week” that Mr. Trump “did not use that word,” and accused Senator Richard J. Durbin, Democrat of Illinois, of distorting what the president had said at the meeting, which included more than a half-dozen lawmakers.

Senator Tom Cotton, an Arkansas Republican, joined Mr. Perdue later in the morning in questioning Mr. Durbin.

“I didn’t hear that word either,” he said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.” “And I was sitting no further away from Donald Trump than Dick Durbin was.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/14/us/politics/david-perdue-trump-shithole.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

EARLIER

Sens. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., and David Perdue, R-Ga., defended President Trump Friday after reports that he referred to Haiti and various African nations as "shithole countries" during a meeting at the White House.

In a statement, the pair of GOP immigration hawks said they "do not recall" the president making those remarks and hit Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., for not "negotiating in good faith" by making what they call an "accusation."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tom-cotton-david-perdue-say-they-do-not-recall-trump-comments-on-shithole-countries/article/2645770

took a week end to line them ducks up  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

Oh God.  Brittany M. Hughes. the bigoted, shouting, patronizing cunt.  What is she pissing and moaning about now?   I could watch this if someone could rub a cheese grater up and down my back at the same time, just to sort of take the edge off. 

Do any of those loudmouthed right wing cunts have decent teeth?

38 minutes ago, Mid said:

A Republican senator who attended a Thursday immigration meeting at the White House forcefully denied on Sunday that President Trump had used the phrase “shithole countries” in describing Haiti and African nations, saying a Democratic senator’s account of the session was “a gross misrepresentation.”

Senator David Perdue, Republican of Georgia, said on ABC’s “This Week” that Mr. Trump “did not use that word,” and accused Senator Richard J. Durbin, Democrat of Illinois, of distorting what the president had said at the meeting, which included more than a half-dozen lawmakers.

Senator Tom Cotton, an Arkansas Republican, joined Mr. Perdue later in the morning in questioning Mr. Durbin.

“I didn’t hear that word either,” he said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.” “And I was sitting no further away from Donald Trump than Dick Durbin was.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/14/us/politics/david-perdue-trump-shithole.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

EARLIER

Sens. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., and David Perdue, R-Ga., defended President Trump Friday after reports that he referred to Haiti and various African nations as "shithole countries" during a meeting at the White House.

In a statement, the pair of GOP immigration hawks said they "do not recall" the president making those remarks and hit Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., for not "negotiating in good faith" by making what they call an "accusation."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tom-cotton-david-perdue-say-they-do-not-recall-trump-comments-on-shithole-countries/article/2645770

took a week end to line them ducks up  :rolleyes:

I don't support Trump, but...

We live in the age of gaslighting.  You didn't see or hear what you saw or heard.  "Do not recall" Trump saying that, is not the same as "he didn't say that."  

Work the plausible deniability angle...  Doggy Style.  

ah yes .. BUT

now it's outright denial .

6 minutes ago, Mid said:

ah yes .. BUT

now it's outright denial .

Ah yes.  It's Sen. Cotton doing the Doggy Style.  "I didn't hear that word" leaves himself some wiggle room when Sen. Flake speaks up.  Sen. Perdue went all-in with the gaslight.  

8 hours ago, austin1972 said:

Oh, cool! The quality is very good.

Congrats, Pops! My Mom says the best part of having grandkids is she gets all the fun but none of the hassle.

I used to love running errands with my Grandfather. He was a funny mofo but very intense.

8 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

I have 3 granddaughters ranging in age from 3 months to 15 years. Being a grandparent is God's reward for surviving parenthood.

I fully intend to spoil those kids rotten.  I will be the best grandpa ever, we will ride a train, go to the beach, to the zoo, on a cruise, blow things up, get dirty, eat junk, go to bed late, have pizza for breakfast, all that stuff.  As Jersey Guy said, grandchildren are a parents best revenge.  I'll get 'em all excited and sugared up and then take them back  to mom and dad!  If I still live here when they are older, I'll bring them to Europe and take them to all the cool shit.  Or if I live there, we can still go to Europe, and go to Japan and show them where there mother was born in a Navy hospital just ourside of Tokyo.  Kids traveling at an early age gain a better perspective on life I think, it opened my eyes.  It's going to be fun.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Amati said:

It's even more fun when there's a mamma moose with a young baby moose in the yard tearing down a mountain ash in front of an admiring throng of deer, and the wild ass terrier is making it really obvious that it's time to poop.  (as in now! goddamnit! now!)  Outside is chaos.  Inside is carpeting.....    

That's post of the year material right there!   WFD Amati, WFD indeed.

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

I fully intend to spoil those kids rotten.  I will be the best grandpa ever, we will ride a train, go to the beach, to the zoo, on a cruise, blow things up, get dirty, eat junk, go to bed late, have pizza for breakfast, all that stuff.  As Jersey Guy said, grandchildren are a parents best revenge.  I'll get 'em all excited and sugared up and then take them back  to mom and dad!  If I still live here when they are older, I'll bring them to Europe and take them to all the cool shit.  Or if I live there, we can still go to Europe, and go to Japan and show them where there mother was born in a Navy hospital just ourside of Tokyo.  Kids traveling at an early age gain a better perspective on life I think, it opened my eyes.  It's going to be fun.

My favorite line to my grandson:  "Let's go break something."

7 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

This thread and topic is a shit hole.

Is there any proof that the term "Shit Hole" was ever used?

The 3 Amigos need to be purged .

Well, when the story broke you had some attendees claiming he said it, and others saying they could not remember.  But then, a day or so later, those who could not remember  are now certain that he didn't say it.  And I think people are actually buying that.  I don't remember.... Oh wait... Now I do.  I think that's awesome. 

So either he didn't say it, or if he did say it, you've got folks like Britany "Piss and Moan About the Left de Jour" Hughes telling us it was the right thing to say.

So does it even matter if he said it?

SHITHOLE  v  SHITHOUSE

Untitled.jpg.29eaa0146745a287f84c95cc514b0d1d.jpg

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

We live in the age of gaslighting.  You didn't see or hear what you saw or heard.  "Do not recall" Trump saying that, is not the same as "he didn't say that."  

Work the plausible deniability angle...  Doggy Style.  

All that really means is that they weren't paying attention to, or listening to, the POTUS..... Which in theory, they should be doing.

4 minutes ago, Mid said:

SHITHOLE  v  SHITHOUSE

Untitled.jpg.29eaa0146745a287f84c95cc514b0d1d.jpg

A distinction without a difference.  Unless you're hell bent on a distinction.  I'd love to hear what that might be....

This isn't going to end well for some Senators -

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/14/us/politics/trump-im-not-a-racist.html

PALM BEACH, Fla. — President Trump declared on Sunday night that he was “not a racist” and insisted that the derogatory comment attributed to him during an Oval Office meeting on immigration last week did not occur.

“I’m not a racist. I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed, that I can tell you,” Mr. Trump said as he arrived at Trump International Golf Club for dinner with Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the majority leader.

Asked about the comments he was reported to have made, including a reference to African nations as “shithole countries,” Mr. Trump indicated that he did not say what had been attributed to him.

“Did you see what various senators in the room said about my comments? They weren’t made,” Mr. Trump said, referring to two Republican senators who said on Sunday morning talk shows that the president never made, or that they did not hear, racist comments about Africa and Haiti.

11 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Which is why there are dozens of different chapters of the Irish-American society, a cultural center https://irish-american.org/ dozens of Celtic games. And that's just the Irish. There's also the Italian-Americans, the German-Americans, the Swedish-Americans, the Norwegian Americans, pretty much every damn immigrant group ever.

A whole host of them you don't want to know about because it doesn't fit your "brown people are bad individualists who won't assimilate properly" narrative.

I don't dispute there are hyphenated groups in the US.  But the difference is they don't hyphenate in normal, daily life and they especially don't rub everyone's noses in it.  There is nothing wrong with celebrating your heritage in appropriate times and venues.  But Italian, Irish, Norwegian, Swedish, British, Scottish, German, French and the rest do not have an official "-American" designation on a census form or other stuff like Halfrican-Muricans do.  And more importantly they do not go around in daily life and call themselves "Swedish-American" as a discriminator from some other group while looking for a job, or being described by the media, etc.  They are, and rightfully so, just "Americans".  

If all the rest of the folks with huge chips on their shoulders who DO make a point of hyphenating their race and or ethnicity as a way to self-segregate would just knock it the fuck off and start just calling themselves and thinking of themselves as just "Muricans" - we would all be far better off as a society.  They might actually find *gasp* that they are less discriminated against as a result.

I find it highly ironic that the folks who bitch the loudest about being treated differently are the ones who are the most apt to self-segregate and make themselves be seen as "different" rather than fitting in with the norms of society.  Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

And I don't have a "brown people are bad" narrative.  Nice try to deflect the discussion away using the race card when you can't refute my points.  So typical.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

This thread and topic is a shit hole.

Is there any proof that the term "Shit Hole" was ever used?

The 3 Amigos need to be purged .

Not nearly as much as you do.

I would like to make 4 observations:

1.  What trumples said, if true (and I have little doubt it isn't true given the character of the person) is disgusting and further evidence the POTUS is just an crass asshat that needs a good kick in the nuts to shut him up for once.  I don't particularly find this sort of language or behavior "refreshing" in the slightest.

2.  Regardless of how un-diplomatic this statement was, it's hard to argue that it's also not true.  The vast majority of the immigrants we are talking about DO come from shithole countries.  It doesn't make the immigrants themselves shitholes or undesirables.  And Stating that they are shithole countries does not make one a racist.  But If they weren't shithole countries - they likely wouldn't be trying so damn hard to break the laws and sneak in in the first place.

3.  As Razr said - taking something that is said in a private meeting and making it public for political gain is a total dick move of the century.  People should be able to say stuff behind closed doors, even impolite stuff, and not have it turn into a serious diplomatic incident worldwide.  Durban and the others should have thought of the bigger consequences to the US by going public with this rather than the short term gains of making trump look bad.  It should have stayed behind closed doors.  And if they had that much of an issue with what he said, then someone should have had the balls to stand up in the meeting and tell him to his face that was unacceptable and walked out.  Fucking cowards IMHO!

4.  I have only two words.... Diego FUCKING Garcia!

There are more shithole countries than we originally thought. Apparently Trump wants immigrants from Norway but not so much from Canada. This article talks about how much more difficult it has become for people wanting to emigrate from Canada to the US. Of course, we do have quite a lot of non-white people up here who may want to sneak into the American paradise.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/01/12/trump-is-also-making-it-harder-for-canadians-to-legally-immigrate-to-the-us-lawyers-say.html

21 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

There are more shithole countries than we originally thought. Apparently Trump wants immigrants from Norway but not so much from Canada. This article talks about how much more difficult it has become for people wanting to emigrate from Canada to the US. Of course, we do have quite a lot of non-white people up here who may want to sneak into the American paradise.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/01/12/trump-is-also-making-it-harder-for-canadians-to-legally-immigrate-to-the-us-lawyers-say.html

Why the fuck would Canadians want to emigrate to the shithole, US?  If we weren't happily shackled to our rental property retirement plan, we might be heading to Halifax ourselves!!

1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

Why the fuck would Canadians want to emigrate to the shithole, US?  

So they could experience the freedom of getting their health care from the ER so that it doesn’t cost anything?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Why the fuck would Canadians want to emigrate to the shithole, US?  If we weren't happily shackled to our rental property retirement plan, we might be heading to Halifax myself!!

In the story they talk about cases like Canadians marrying Americans, corporate transfers and the like. My wife worked as an IT pro for a large financial company in NYC under a NAFTA visa program. Getting such visas take much longer now than when she did it. Note that all these visa programs work in both directions.

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Why the fuck would Canadians want to emigrate to the shithole, US?  If we weren't happily shackled to our rental property retirement plan, we might be heading to Halifax ourselves!!

Justin Bieber. 

6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

4.  I have only two words.... Diego FUCKING Garcia!

:D

“My memory hasn’t evolved” about what was said at the meeting. 

Good to see Sen. Graham throwing some shade at the Doggy Stylers who are trying to gaslight us. 

6 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

yup, the simple accurate answer to why we wan them in is we (the US) end up richer for it. While it's deeply amusing to see "the government sucks" conservatives like warbird, princess jeff and saorsa argue for social engineering it probably won't work out well.

Unfortunately Trump is a zero sum moron, so this argument doesn't work.

10 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Durban and the others should have thought of the bigger consequences to the US by going public with this

and here's the core of the Trump ennablement - it's everyone elses fault other than the asshole. We must cosset and cover for the asshole, lest everyone know he's an asshole.

How very liberal of you Princess Jeff.

3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

yup, the simple accurate answer to why we wan them in is we (the US) end up richer for it. While it's deeply amusing to see "the government sucks" conservatives like warbird, princess jeff and saorsa argue for social engineering it probably won't work out well.

Whoever compiled that list must hate Haiti, Mexico and Africa?

12 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

And more importantly they do not go around in daily life and call themselves "Swedish-American" as a discriminator from some other group while looking for a job

2000 long form census, question 10 "What is this person’s ancestry or ethnic origin?", suggested responses on the census form quoted

(For example: Italian, Jamaican, African Am., Cambodian, Cape Verdean, Norwegian, Dominican, French Canadian, Haitian, Korean, Lebanese, Polish, Nigerian, Mexican, Taiwanese, Ukrainian, and so on.)

https://www.census.gov/dmd/www/pdf/d02p.pdf

same on the 2010 census. There's a whole bunch of history behind the asking of race, read up on it sometime. 

17 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Showed that to a friend who continues to blindly support the President and he saw it as clear and convincing evidence how immigrants are "stealing" what is rightfully ours (meaning "his").

If those damned furriners weren't taking all that money, there'd be more for us 'Mericans.

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I've got no problem with legal immigration whatsoever.  I don't recall too many of those top 5 countries in Tom's list being high on the illegal list. 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:12 AM, B.J. Porter said:

Pelosi is EXACTLY right. It is crumbs. It's a PR gesture to appease the gullible and make them think the tax cuts aren't just for the billionaires. Until this moment, I never assumed you were gullible. My bad.

Let's look at those "crumbs". Walmart announces a $1,000 bonus.  Whoopee. For everyone that has worked at WM for 20 years or more. And makes more than $11/hr. How many people do you think have worked at WM for 20 years? The average bonus is something like $189, for those that qualify at all. The increase to $11/hour is way bigger news, but that was inevitable as they are having a hard time competing for employees against Target, Costco, etc. who all pay more than Walmart even after the raises. They already had the money for ALL of this before the Tax Scam was passed.

But it gets better.

But wait, there's more!

At the same time, they also are closing 63 Sam's Club stores and putting 11,000 people out of work.

And how much are these "bonuses" costing? A teeny, tiny fraction of the $Billions the Walton  family will be saving

So they get to fool the rubes, make a PR win, and walk away with WAY more money.

Here’s a comprehensive list of companies and what they’re offering employees, post-tax cut, courtesy of Strategas Partners and original reporting. Industries range from airlines to wineries, promising everything from $1,000 bonuses to planting more vines.

1. AT&T: $1k bonuses for 200,000 U.S. employees
  2. AAON: $1k bonuses for 2,000 employees
  3. AccuWeather: Year-end bonuses for 450-500 employees
  4. Aflac: Increase 401(k) match from 50% to 100% on the first 4% of compensation plus a one-time $500 contribution to every employee’s 401(k)
  5. American Airlines: $1k bonuses for ~127,600 employees
  6. American Bank: $1k bonuses for 60 employees
  7. American Savings Bank: $1k bonuses for 1,150 employees
  8. Americacollect: $300-$500 bonuses for 250 employees
  9. Aquesta Financial Holdings: $1k bonuses for 95 employees
  10. Associated Bank: $500 bonuses for all hourly employees
  11. BB&T: $1,200 bonuses for 27,000 employees
  12. Ball Ventures: $100 bonuses for each year worked for all employees
  13. Bank of America: $1k bonuses for 145,000 U.S. employees
  14. Bank of Hawaii: $1k bonuses for 2,074 employees
  15. Bank of the James: Increase base wage to $15 per hour for employees serving more than 1 year; increased employee vacation days
  16. Bank of the Ozarks: Incentive bonus plan for 2,300 employees of up to $1,200
  17. Boeing: $300 million for “workplace of the future” facilities, infrastructure, workforce development, charitable giving
  18. Canary LLC: Hire more employees
  19. Capital One: Raising minimum wage to $15
  20. Carl Black Automotive Group: Bonuses for 500 employees based on years of service
  21. Central Pacific Bank: $1k bonuses for 850 employees
  22. Citizens Bank: $1k bonuses for 12,500 employees
  23. Clayton Distillery: Upgrade facilities
  24. Comcast: $1k bonuses for 100,000 employees
  25. Comerica: $1k bonuses for 4,500 employees
  26. Commerce Bancshares: $1k bonuses for 3,450 full-time employees; $250 bonuses for eligible part-time employees
  27. Community Trust Bancorp: $1k bonuses for full-time employees; $500 bonuses for part-time employees
  28. Copperleaf Assisted Living: $200-$600 bonuses for 175 employees
  29. Dayton T. Brown: $400 bonuses for 210 employees
  30. Delaware Supermarkets: $150 extra bonuses for 1,000 non-management personnel
  31. Denizens Brewing Company: Reinvest tax savings into the business
  32. Emkay: $1k bonuses for full-time employees
  33. Ennis: $500 bonuses for 2,200 employees
  34. Express Employment Professionals: $2k bonuses for more than 200 non-executive employees
  35. Fifth Third Bancorp: $1k bonuses for 13,500 employees
  36. FirstCapital Bank of Texas: $500 bonuses for 197 employees
  37. First Farmers Bank and Trust: $750 bonuses for full-time employees
  38. First Financial Northwest: $1k bonuses for non-executive employees
  39. First Hawaiian Bank: $1,500 bonuses for 2,264 employees
  40. First Horizon National Corp.: $1k bonuses for 4,000 employees
  41. Gate City Bank: $1k bonuses for 538 non-management personnel
  42. Gulf Coast Bank & Trust: Increase base wage to $12 per hour
  43. HarborOne Bank: $500 bonuses for 600 employees
  44. IAT Insurance Group: $3k bonuses for 700 employees
  45. Inland Northwest Bank: $500 bonuses for 200 employees
  46. Kansas City Southern: $1k bonuses
  47. Melaleuca: $100 bonuses for each year worked for 2,000 employees
  48. National Bank Holdings Corporation: $1k bonuses for employees earning <$50k
  49. Nationwide: $1k bonuses for 29,000 employees
  50. Navient: $1k bonuses for ~6,566 employees
  51. Nelnet: $1k bonuses for 4,100 employees
  52. Nephron: 5% raise for 640 employees
  53. OceanFirst Bank: Increase base wage to $15 per hour
  54. Ohnward Bancshares: $1k bonuses for 260 employees
  55. Pinnacle Bank: $1k bonuses for 1,007 employees
  56. Pioneer Credit Recovery: $1k bonuses
  57. PNC Financial Services Group: $1k bonuses for 47,500 employees
  58. Regions Financial Corporation: Increase base wage to $15 per hour
  59. Royal Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry: Open more stores, hire more employees
  60. Rush Enterprises: $1k bonuses for 6,600 employees
  61. Sinclair Broadcast Group: $1k bonuses for 9,000 employees
  62. Southwest Airlines: $1k bonuses for 55,000 employees
  63. Stifel Financial: $1,500 bonuses for 7,000 employees
  64. Summit State Bank: $2k bonuses for 78 employees
  65. SunTrust: $1k incentive for employees that complete company’s financial fitness program
  66. TCF Financial: $1k bonuses for full-time employees; $500 bonuses for part-time employees earning less than $100k
  67. Territorial Savings Bank: $1k bonuses for 247 employees
  68. Texas Capital Bank: $1k bonuses
  69. Total System Services: $1k bonuses for 11,500 employees
  70. Travelers: $1k bonuses for 14,000 employees
  71. Turning Point Brands: $1k bonuses for 107 employees
  72. US Bancorp: $1k bonuses for 60,000 employees
  73. Unity Bancorp: $750 bonuses for all employees except executive management
  74. Walmart: Increase starting wage to $11; expand maternity and paternal leave benefits; one-time cash bonus for eligible associates of up to $1k
  75. Washington Federal: Provide 5% increase in addition to normal merit increase for employees earning <$100k; invest in employee training programs
  76. Waste Management: $2k bonuses to 34,000 eligible employees
  77. Wells Fargo: Increase base wage from $13.50 to $15 per hour
  78. Western Alliance: Increase wages 7.5% for the lowest-paid 50% of employees
  79. White Pine Winery: Planting more vines
  80. Windsor Federal: $250 bonuses for employees except senior management
  81. Yancey Bros.: $500 bonuses for all employees
  82. Zions Bancorp: $1k bonuses for 80% of employees

Real money for real people. More than the Democrats have ever done for them.

Typical of the elitists here - liberals sneering at working people.

At my company Christmas bonuses went up from $1,000-5,000 to $5,000-10,000.  Our base wage is $20/hour for answering the phone and filing.

last I checked going from $7.75 to $10 is more than going from $10 to $11. But I'm the kind of stupid Democrat conservatives sneer at all day every day in their culture war. Onward to irrelevancy boys, your time is coming.

43 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I've got no problem with legal immigration whatsoever. 

So why are you supporting Trump restricting legal immigration? Because that's exactly what he's working to do - cut legal immigration and restrict legal immigration plans.

1 hour ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Here’s a comprehensive list of companies and what they’re offering employees, post-tax cut, courtesy of Strategas Partners and original reporting. Industries range from airlines to wineries, promising everything from $1,000 bonuses to planting more vines.

4. Aflac: Increase 401(k) match from 50% to 100% on the first 4% of compensation plus a one-time $500 contribution to every employee’s 401(k)
  15. Bank of the James: Increase base wage to $15 per hour for employees serving more than 1 year; increased employee vacation days
  16. Bank of the Ozarks: Incentive bonus plan for 2,300 employees of up to $1,200
  17. Boeing: $300 million for “workplace of the future” facilities, infrastructure, workforce development, charitable giving
  20. Carl Black Automotive Group: Bonuses for 500 employees based on years of service
  26. Commerce Bancshares: $1k bonuses for 3,450 full-time employees; $250 bonuses for eligible part-time employees
  27. Community Trust Bancorp: $1k bonuses for full-time employees; $500 bonuses for part-time employees
  30. Delaware Supermarkets: $150 extra bonuses for 1,000 non-management personnel
  34. Express Employment Professionals: $2k bonuses for more than 200 non-executive employees
  65. SunTrust: $1k incentive for employees that complete company’s financial fitness program
  66. TCF Financial: $1k bonuses for full-time employees; $500 bonuses for part-time employees earning less than $100k
  74. Walmart: Increase starting wage to $11; expand maternity and paternal leave benefits; one-time cash bonus for eligible associates of up to $1k
  75. Washington Federal: Provide 5% increase in addition to normal merit increase for employees earning <$100k; invest in employee training programs

At my company Christmas bonuses went up from $1,000-5,000 to $5,000-10,000.  Our base wage is $20/hour for answering the phone and filing.

And pretty much all of those had enough cash on hand a YEAR before the tax cuts went into effect, to make those payments. Why would they choose not to?

It's political theater. They will all be making much, much more for the principles and shareholders than any worker gets. You will notice that your source failed to disclos any of the layoofs that companies like AT&T, Walmart, etc.

Yes, it's real money, short term. And it has fuck-all to do with helping employees and everything to do with political statements and staying competitive in a tight labor market. Party me for scoffing when you stick a bandaid on a patient who is bleeding from every orifice.

2 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

And pretty much all of those had enough cash on hand a YEAR before the tax cuts went into effect, to make those payments. Why would they choose not to?

It's political theater. They will all be making much, much more for the principles and shareholders than any worker gets. You will notice that your source failed to disclos any of the layoofs that companies like AT&T, Walmart, etc.

Yes, it's real money, short term. And it has fuck-all to do with helping employees and everything to do with political statements and staying competitive in a tight labor market. Party me for scoffing when you stick a bandaid on a patient who is bleeding from every orifice.

Finished bloviating?

That's pretty cool..... I wonder how long a really comprehensive list would be

Still, it's a very small percent of the talked-about TRILLIONS of dollars supposedly being repatriated.

I was very fortunate, the small companies that I worked for had very generous profit sharing. Many multiples of what you're talking about here. So while I certainly don't sneer at working people, I don't see it in quite the same light you're presenting it.

-DSK

Walmart: Increase starting wage to $11; expand maternity and paternal leave benefits; one-time cash bonus for eligible associates of up to $1k

And to receive that generous windfall you only have had to work there for twenty years. Rolex schmolex.

On 1/13/2018 at 8:01 PM, TMSAIL said:

Well said.  The goal of that private meeting was to work towards DOCA.  Trump had a huge moment with the live coverage of that meeting.  In control, very Presidential.  So the Dems had to blow it up by talking about his comments during the closed door portion.   Durbin “most vile thing ever heard in the Oval Office”.  I guess he doesn’t view Bill telling Monica to “ suck my dick” in the Oval Office, as offensive.

If you ever come to Chicago a steak dinner on me.  

Durbin was there to hear Bill say Suck my Dick?  Holy crap!

How nice. Just how many years of stagnant wages do a $1,000 bucks make up for?

10 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

In Australia, ethnicity if self assessed or ignored.  This means that if a persons parent was born in Australia and so were they, they came claim to be Australian, even if they are clearly Asian, or African in appearance.  I like that.

We only need to know 'Country of Birth'.  So it is possible for a Caucasian to be born in Africa and that detail be lost, I like that.

Claims that America is fundamentally racist is demonstrated by the information the government collects about US citizens.  It is heavily race based and reported.

14 minutes ago, warbird said:

Finished bloviating?

Finished sticking your head up your ass?

6 hours ago, warbird said:

Finished bloviating?

How long did it take you to look that word up?

15 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Hey fuckface, don't include me in your wet dream.  I'm not a "gov't sucks" guy.  You must be confusing me with someone else.  I actually like gov't and think they can do much good.  As in anything though, moderation is the key.  

and here's the core of the Trump ennablement - it's everyone elses fault other than the asshole. We must cosset and cover for the asshole, lest everyone know he's an asshole.

How very liberal of you Princess Jeff.

Again, fuck right the fuck off.  Its not enabling.   Everyone already know's he's an asshole.  It has nothing to do with protecting the asshole who said stupid shit, its airing our dirty laundry to the world and making our job that much harder than if that conversation had been kept private.  

If you don't like that stance, why don't you take it up with your comrade razr, since he was the first on on this thread to say the exact same thing.

On 1/15/2018 at 10:39 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

And more importantly they do not go around in daily life and call themselves "Swedish-American" as a discriminator from some other group while looking for a job

2000 long form census, question 10 "What is this person’s ancestry or ethnic origin?", suggested responses on the census form quoted

(For example: Italian, Jamaican, African Am., Cambodian, Cape Verdean, Norwegian, Dominican, French Canadian, Haitian, Korean, Lebanese, Polish, Nigerian, Mexican, Taiwanese, Ukrainian, and so on.)

https://www.census.gov/dmd/www/pdf/d02p.pdf

same on the 2010 census. There's a whole bunch of history behind the asking of race, read up on it sometime. 

There's a difference between filling out a once every decade census form and how you refer to yourself and expect others to in day to day life.  Read up on it sometime.

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

How long did it take you to look that word up?

needed someone to help spell it...we all know how well the little bird's spelling is  ;-)

12 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I was very fortunate, the small companies that I worked for had very generous profit sharing. Many multiples of what you're talking about here. So while I certainly don't sneer at working people, I don't see it in quite the same light you're presenting it.

-DSK

this is a point that's missing in the gig companies are evil discussion

somewhere around 60% of all employees work for small businesses - who will benefit greatly from the pass through tax cut

it will be interesting to watch how the small businesses spread their new found wealth

12 hours ago, random said:

In Australia, ethnicity if self assessed or ignored.  This means that if a persons parent was born in Australia and so were they, they came claim to be Australian, even if they are clearly Asian, or African in appearance.  I like that.

We only need to know 'Country of Birth'.  So it is possible for a Caucasian to be born in Africa and that detail be lost, I like that.

Claims that America is fundamentally racist is demonstrated by the information the government collects about US citizens.  It is heavily race based and reported.

Allowing self assessment is pretty amazing.

Over here, the government inspects our DNA, which is extracted involuntarily. And we certainly are not going to let someone with slanty eyes or brown skin go around calling himself "American" or anything.

1 hour ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Allowing self assessment is pretty amazing.

Over here, the government inspects our DNA, which is extracted involuntarily. And we certainly are not going to let someone with slanty eyes or brown skin go around calling himself "American" or anything.

My birth certificate has a box for "race", where some nurse typed in "caucasian". 

The Aussies seem to think that's pretty fuckin weird.

Pretty sure that's what random was referring to.

8 minutes ago, frenchie said:

My birth certificate has a box for "race", where some nurse typed in "caucasian". 

The Aussies seem to think that's pretty fuckin weird.

Pretty sure that's what random was referring to.

canadian or us?

mine (us) has no indication of race

16 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

My kids and grandkids will be paying for this unnecessary largess. Putting a tax cut on the national credit card is a bad idea.

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

My kids and grandkids will be paying for this unnecessary largess. Putting a tax cut on the national credit card is a bad idea.

Have you ever considered cutting up the card?

Living within your means reduces stress bigly.

The virtue signaling in this thread amazes me.

Some countries are shitholes. Thats why we dont cruise there.

16 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

So why are you supporting Trump restricting legal immigration? Because that's exactly what he's working to do - cut legal immigration and restrict legal immigration plans.

How is being more selective cutting legal immigration?

You know someone is a hard core Rightie tightie whenever you see any of the following words or phrases in a pitiful attempt at to express contempt of another person:

Snowflake

Virtue signaling 

Memeing

White knighting

MAGA

Global warming

Sharia Law

LGBTQRSUVW

There are many others, but the above are some of the most popular.  They do this because they aren't intelligent enough to come up with a creative insult of their own. The Far Right Propaganda Machine (FRPM) cranks them out in massive quantities to compensate for this deficiency.

The Rightists will complain constantly about being labeled but don't hesitate to stick nonsensical labels or use nonsensical phrases on their opponents to compensate for their intellectual paucity.

There are none so stupid as those who don't think that they are.

13 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

You know someone is a hard core Rightie tightie whenever you see any of the following words or phrases in a pitiful attempt at to express contempt of another person:

Snowflake

Virtue signaling 

Memeing

White knighting

MAGA

Global warming

Sharia Law

LGBTQRSUVW

There are many others, but the above are some of the most popular.  They do this because they aren't intelligent enough to come up with a creative insult of their own. The Far Right Propaganda Machine (FRPM) cranks them out in massive quantities to compensate for this deficiency.

The Rightists will complain constantly about being labeled but don't hesitate to stick nonsensical labels or use nonsensical phrases on their opponents to compensate for their intellectual paucity.

There are none so stupid as those who don't think that they are.

614659B5-5DF6-4180-97A8-D33525072316.jpeg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Have you ever considered cutting up the card?

Living within your means reduces stress bigly.

Tell that to Congress and the President. Or maybe analogy is beyond your grasp?

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Tell that to Congress and the President. Or maybe analogy is beyond your grasp?

Borrowing to give it to the Best Americans is perfectly alright, as long as we work hard to make sure that there are enough workers in a generation or two to pay off the bill.  

1 hour ago, hermetic said:

canadian or us?

mine (us) has no indication of race

Columbus General Hospital, Columbus, Georgia, USA.  1967.  My dad was on an exchange program, parachute training at Ft. Benning.

But I don't think it was just the southern apartheid States that did it  -  IIRC, the Aussies first discovered this quaint american custom, when they got a look at Barack Obama's long-form, from Hawaii:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

I did misremember one thing  -  like Obama's, it doesn't give MY race, per se; it gives my parent's races. 

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

There's a difference between filling out a once every decade census form and how you refer to yourself and expect others to in day to day life.  Read up on it sometime.

This is what happens when you have too much free choice filling out census forms

The people of England and Wales may be turning their backs on religion in their droves, with 14 million now saying they have no faith, but the remaining believers appear to be showing greater diversity of belief than ever before. Asked what religion they were, 6,242 answered Heavy Metal, 1,893 said they were Satanists and 650 said they were New Age.

Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you

Read more

At the last census in 2001 there was a campaign to encourage people to answer the question with Jedi, and around 330,000 did so. But the force is apparently on the wane according to Tuesday's figures with 176,632 describing themselves as Jedi Knights.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/dec/11/census-data-religion-jedi-knights

20 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Columbus General Hospital, Columbus, Georgia, USA.  1967.  My dad was on an exchange program, parachute training at Ft. Benning.

But I don't think it was just the southern apartheid States that did it  -  IIRC, the Aussies first discovered this quaint american custom, when they got a look at Barack Obama's long-form, from Hawaii:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

I did misremember one thing  -  like Obama's, it doesn't give MY race, per se; it gives my parent's races. 

ny 1957

my name, parents name (mr and mrs), date, hospital administrator signature, and hospital embossed stamp

no race listed for anyone involved

things have changed since then

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Borrowing to give it to the Best Americans is perfectly alright, as long as we work hard to make sure that there are enough workers in a generation or two to pay off the bill.  

Better get to fucking then!  MAPA-Make America Procreate Again.  Un-holster that weapon and get to work men.  Give a shot for the team.

6 pages and you all still miss the point.  

Who fucking cares if he used a curse word. 

Yes, some countries are shitholes.  Some parts of the US too. 

What we should notice is the attitude that people from shitty places are automatically considered bad and unworthy of entering our country. BY OUR PRESIDENT.

I call it Racism, but 'white nationalism' or 'selective xenophobia' works too. 

Or must plain assholes.  Yea, that's it; anyone who defends this attitude is an asshole.  And there are plenty in this thread. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

6 pages and you all still miss the point.  

Who fucking cares if he used a curse word. 

Yes, some countries are shitholes.  Some parts of the US too. 

What we should notice is the attitude that people from shitty places are automatically considered bad and unworthy of entering our country. BY OUR PRESIDENT.

I call it Racism, but 'white nationalism' or 'selective xenophobia' works too. 

Or must plain assholes.  Yea, that's it; anyone who defends this attitude is an asshole.  And there are plenty in this thread. 

That's what I was getting at with the definition of "shithole".  If it is a system rigged to benefit the top fraction of a percentage point of the Best Citizens at the expense of the rest of the citizens, the US is there.  A propaganda machine to spread bullshit?  Check.  A militarized police force to protect the people the economic order, check. 

Plenty of shitholes right here in the US.  And racists.  And assholes.  

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Seems like there are more everyday. Perhaps it is social media, 24\7 news cycle, and an increasingly toxic public dialogue (see Twitter in chief). Or, more ominously, perhaps stage 1 of the devolving of our democracy.

16 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That's what I was getting at with the definition of "shithole".  If it is a system rigged to benefit the top fraction of a percentage point of the Best Citizens at the expense of the rest of the citizens, the US is there.  A propaganda machine to spread bullshit?  Check.  A militarized police force to protect the people the economic order, check. 

Frankly, I'm not surprised your innuendo went over the heads of the rabid right here on the board. They can't see the forest for the blades of grass.

I'm waiting Dolt45 to apply the same "shithole" reasoning to states and ciities.  Breaking down what appears to be his criteria

low income, little access to healthcare, low GDP, low education, extract