1 minute ago, Cruisin Loser said:

The stagnant wages are the Obama Economy. The bonuses and pay hikes are the Anybody But Obama Economy. 

You have a reputation for honesty, what happened? Why don't you tell the class how well you did under Obama? 

9 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Bullshit. Walmart increased wages under Obama by $2.25. Why the fuck are you continuing to lie Cruisin Loser? Labor markets been tightening for years. Maybe you could find some of your conservative safe buddies here bitching they couldn't get talent before Trump on this shit.

of course, I'm not worth shit, so you won't reply. fuck you dude, crash and burn like the texan beater you are at Taos.

Cruisin has gone full trump-tard. Mo money in HIS pocket is all that matters.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Cruisin has gone full trump-tard. Mo money in HIS pocket is all that matters.

So it seems. He used to be a rational voice on the right. Too bad.

12 hours ago, Kirwan said:
12 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

It is weird. Who cares really?

We don't record that for newborns at all, and I can say that quite definitively, as I have access to 25+ years of newborn data covering approx 70% of all children born in Australia.

FKT

Well, that's the problem.  In the US, some people care very much what ethnicity you are.  We call them Racists, but that doesn't slow them in the least. 

We have laws and agencies built on caring. To prevent things like racial discrimination in housing. They care very much if a realtor says something like, "I won't show you property in that area because you're black."

6 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

The stagnant wages are the Obama Economy. The bonuses and pay hikes are the Anybody But Obama Economy. 

It more complicated.   In parts of the service sector wages have skyrocked .  Perhaps unsustainable

The american economy is 70 percent consumption...service sector.  

The Durable and semi  durable  sector is constantly shrinking and its wages are flat .

each time goverment imposes more regulations they are feeding the service sector and starving the durable goods sector .

my lawyer and accontant , the service sector , are always notifing me of  new paperwork that must be filed and their new cost structure...it is has been  rising fast for years.

Same with the cost of eduction,  health care.....wages are not stagnant

1 hour ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

We have laws and agencies built on caring. To prevent things like racial discrimination in housing. They care very much if a realtor says something like, "I won't show you property in that area because you're black."

We have laws like that too. We just don't run some stupid, inaccurate and bullshit racial classification system on birth certificates.

If your Caucasian daughter has a child with an Asian male partner, is the child Caucasian, Asian or none of the above? And who decides?

It's idiotic when better than 99% of genetic material is common across all supposed races.

FKT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slug zitski said:

It more complicated.   In parts of the service sector wages have skyrocked .  Perhaps unsustainable

The Durable and semi  durable  sector is constantly shrinking and its wages are flat .

each time goverment imposes more regulations they are feeding the service sector and starving the durable goods sector .

my lawyer and accontant , the service sector , are always notifing me of  new paperwork that must be filed and their new cost structure...it is has been  rising fast for years.

Yeah right, it's all about those terrible regulations.  Unsustainable wages, hahahahahaha.  Imagine paying somebody more than $10.00 an hour to bust their ass, what nerve those damn workers have.  You do realize without them the company can't exist right?  It is supposed to be a symbiotic relationship everybody works hard, takes pride in the product, and shares the fruits of the labor fairly.   It has nothing to do with the shameless greed of the companies that only care about executive bonuses and shareholder value.  Consequently they drive the company into the ground because they lost sight of the reason they were in the business in the first place.  It is so easy to place the blame elsewhere, there are no bad CEOs, only bad government.  You can run a company and focus on cutting costs, reduce the quality of the product and lay of personnel, that usually works in the short term.  When the business inevitably fails, the top folks scratch their heads in amazement, blame it all on the unions and the government, grab their golden parachutes and move on to destroy the next company.  They got their money, why should they care about anything else?  Or you can focus on what the business does and produce the best possible product or service.  This approach takes brains and a knowledge of the business and what it does.  It may take some time, but in the long run, satisfied consumers will keep coming back and the business will prosper.   Unfortunately most of todays business leaders only focus on the bottom line, accounting sleight of hand, and their bonuses.  There is no concern about a long term strategy, only tomorrows stock price.  Shame on that big bad government for forcing them to provide a safe work place, forcing them not to dump toxic shit just anywhere,  forcing them to ensure that there will be somebody around to buy their products 20 years from now.

My former brother in law is a real intense, smart guy.  A BA in chemical engineering, and an MBA from Stanford.  Worked hard at IBM for years and when he left there he went to Dell Computer and was VP of Asia Pacific operations and left when he knew he would never get the CEO job there.  He worked for Allied signal briefly, and then on to his first CEO position at NCR briefly.   Next he became the first non Chinese CEO of Lenovo computer.  After a couple of years and a $97 million dollar 4th quarter loss in 2008, Lenovo cut him loose.  Then he went to CHC, a Canadian company that focuses on providing helicopters to service offshore oil drilling rigs.  In a few years he drove down the stock price from around $40.00 to less than a dollar a share and the company declared bankruptcy shortly after his departure.  Now he is CEO of Avnet and the stock is trading in the low 40s, the same price it was when he assumed the leadership of the company over a year and a half ago.  But they are paying him more than 11 million a year, $900.000 salary and the rest in stock and stock options.  The total executive compensation for the company, 8 individuals, is over $80,000,000.  You would think they could do better for that kind of money.   I wonder what their average worker is paid.  Of course there were global market and economic factors that contributed to the poor business performance but the story is pretty typical of high powered CEOs going from company to company, wreaking havoc and and making a lot of money while doing so.  These types don't give a shit about the type of business, they will work anywhere and only care about lining their pockets.  They are like industrial mercenaries, working for the highest bidder, loyal only to themselves.  They claim they don't need to have any expertise in what the company makes, they are leaders and they know how to lead.  As they lead the company right over a cliff.

How much do you get paid Slugs?  For a guy that supposedly is keeping the wheels of America turning you sure seem to spend a lot of time allegedly sailing, and whining here.  I think you are a fucking liar and a fraud.  I think you're sitting in your mother's basement in a wife beater t shirt and a beer at your side.   Man up and tell us your real name, and the name of your business.  Put up or shut the fuck up.

One more thing, that little red line under a word means it is misspelled. For a guy that brags about how good you are, you have pretty shitty attention to detail.  That can't be good, how the hell can you manage a business if you can't even write a reasonable post on an internet forum?  There are several people on this forum that have important positions, that manage not to be assholes and can write well to.  Imagine that.

You better run to the bathroom mirror Sluggo, you have a big red zit on your nose and it looks like it is ready to burst. Be sure to wash your hands before you come back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slug zitski said:

The service sector does not equal consumption. Consider such examples as an American-made movie being shown in Argentina - money flows to US; when a Brit tourist goes to Disney world, ka-ching for the US economy. New York is the most important financial centre in the world at least partly because massive amounts of foreign money flow providing jobs in the financial sector, when a Chinese student goes to Harvard (Xi Jinxing's daughter did) money flows in. An economy dominated by the service sector both in terms of GDP and jobs is a mature economy. An economy based on goods production is so 1920s (1820s).

9 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

The service sector does not equal consumption. Consider such examples as an American-made movie being shown in Argentina - money flows to US; when a Brit tourist goes to Disney world, ka-ching for the US economy. New York is the most important financial centre in the world at least partly because massive amounts of foreign money flow providing jobs in the financial sector, when a Chinese student goes to Harvard (Xi Jinxing's daughter did) money flows in. An economy dominated by the service sector both in terms of GDP and jobs is a mature economy. An economy based on goods production is so 1920s (1820s).

I would stipulate that New York is the largest financial center in the world but that London is the most powerful.  There sits the LIBOR, which effectively controls the world's currency exchange rates.  Isn't it amazing that the British pound is always the most valuable currency in the world, whereas Great Britain is at number 5 on the world's largest economies.  How good would Britain's economy be if the British pound was valued at its real worth?

5 hours ago, slug zitski said:

You must be joking, it’s thebonly way such a stupid comment could fly. Go down to Home Depot or Lowe’s. Find me a durable good that’s more expensive than something similar say 10 years ago. A router, maybe a weed whacker, something like that. Then look at country of manufacture. Get back to us in what you find.

9 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

You must be joking, it’s thebonly way such a stupid comment could fly. Go down to Home Depot or Lowe’s. Find me a durable good that’s more expensive than something similar say 10 years ago. A router, maybe a weed whacker, something like that. Then look at country of manufacture. Get back to us in what you find.

Normally I wouldnt answer a snowflake like you , but for the benifit of others ...The  relevant data is in the inflation numbers 

Just now, slug zitski said:

Normally I wouldnt answer a snowflake like you , but for the benifit of others ...The  relevant data is in the inflation numbers 

Hint. Shit from China is cheaper than ‘merican. It ain’t the regulations.

7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I don't support Trump but, yes it is, yes it is.  It's those nasty, evil, burdensome, profit killing  job killing regulations that ruined America and made it a shithole.  But don't worry Trump will make America great again, you just wait and see!

Trump.jpg

10 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

As my father told me...son, I never met a liberal that was worth a dam

IMG_7861.PNG

18 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

You've been saying all along you hope Trump "burns it all down." You changing your tune now?

Nope, not at all.  Don't confuse my "burn this bitch down" mantra with notions that I'm an anarchist.  I'm as far from that as you can get.  I believe in a strong gov't that works to make the country a better place and fullfills its constitutional mandate.  I think there is a good and proper role for gov't.  However, it no longer really functions that way anymore, IMHO.  So the shithole gov't needs to go and then we can rebuild it back again the way the FF via the Constitution wanted it it to be.  This is how we truly MAGA.  Not the cheeto jesus MAGA, but rather the "get back to what we are supposed to be doing with gov't and the general good for the people MAGA.  Its gotten bad enough that I fear the only way is to torch it and start back over again.  And maybe not even a total burning to the ground sort of thing, but rather more of a controlled burn where you get rid of a lot of the piled up fuel, scrub brush and such laying around that will cause a much larger conflagration if left to pile up on the forest floor.  Burn it down a little bit now to save the REAL inevitable firestorm that's coming if we keep headed in this dirrection.

6 hours ago, slug zitski said:

You should look into the paperwork requirements. You might find that 90% of it comes as the consequence of the out of control personal injury law system and class actions rather than 'the man'.

12 hours ago, badlatitude said:

You have a reputation for honesty, what happened? Why don't you tell the class how well you did under Obama? 

Pretty well, thanks for asking. I skippered my boat to Bermuda 3 times, received a couple awards for seamanship for a rescue at sea we performed, did a lot of heli skiing, took the high school robotics team I used to sponsor and coach to World's twice, did a bunch of adventure travel with my family, sailed a LOT, had fun, ended up with my marriage stronger and more fun than ever, gave away a lot of money to very good causes.

Overall it was a good 8 years for me. Again, thanks for asking.

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

You should look into the paperwork requirements. You might find that 90% of it comes as the consequence of the out of control personal injury law system and class actions rather than 'the man'.

This represents the service sector.  Wages in this sector of the economy are red hot.   Wages for durables...Ford, are soft 

sooner or later society must  decide if the economy should  be more balanced...consumption, production...service, durable production 

writing ever more regulation only inflates the service sector 

4 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Pretty well, thanks for asking. I skippered my boat to Bermuda 3 times, received a couple awards for seamanship for a rescue at sea we performed, did a lot of heli skiing, took the high school robotics team I used to sponsor and coach to World's twice, did a bunch of adventure travel with my family, sailed a LOT, had fun, ended up with my marriage stronger and more fun than ever, gave away a lot of money to very good causes.

I knew the prosperity of the Obama years was remarkable, but that is phenomenal. Thanks for sharing.

7 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I was recently certified   for " Social Responsibilty "

money and paperwork into the service sector.

is this needed ?

13 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Bullshit. Walmart increased wages under Obama by $2.25. Why the fuck are you continuing to lie Cruisin Loser? Labor markets been tightening for years. Maybe you could find some of your conservative safe buddies here bitching they couldn't get talent before Trump on this shit.

of course, I'm not worth shit, so you won't reply. fuck you dude, crash and burn like the texan beater you are at Taos.

I addressed the issue of low unemployment with stagnant wages here:

Yes, we had relatively full employment, but low labor force participation and low productivity gains, hence slow wage growth.

I've never said anything about your worth, indeed, I know nothing about you. I would never wish anyone ill just because of political differences, and I will not start now. Your last comment is simply sad.

10 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I addressed the issue of low unemployment with stagnant wages here:

Yes, we had relatively full employment, but low labor force participation and low productivity gains, hence slow wage growth.

I've never said anything about your worth, indeed, I know nothing about you. I would never wish anyone ill just because of political differences, and I will not start now. Your last comment is simply sad.

Productivety seems to be poorly understood.  I dont believe the numbers.

Very much has been invested into information technology ...what happened ?

is it possible that productivety in the service sector is difficult to measure ?

39 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Obama really fucked things up didn't he?

1 hour ago, slug zitski said:

As my father told me...son, I never met a liberal that was worth a dam

IMG_7861.PNG

Thanks for proving my point. 

The drop in Durable Goods prices is what killed US manufacturing.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Nope, not at all.  Don't confuse my "burn this bitch down" mantra with notions that I'm an anarchist.  I'm as far from that as you can get.  I believe in a strong gov't that works to make the country a better place and fullfills its constitutional mandate.  I think there is a good and proper role for gov't.  However, it no longer really functions that way anymore, IMHO.  So the shithole gov't needs to go and then we can rebuild it back again the way the FF via the Constitution wanted it it to be.  This is how we truly MAGA.  Not the cheeto jesus MAGA, but rather the "get back to what we are supposed to be doing with gov't and the general good for the people MAGA.  Its gotten bad enough that I fear the only way is to torch it and start back over again.  And maybe not even a total burning to the ground sort of thing, but rather more of a controlled burn where you get rid of a lot of the piled up fuel, scrub brush and such laying around that will cause a much larger conflagration if left to pile up on the forest floor.  Burn it down a little bit now to save the REAL inevitable firestorm that's coming if we keep headed in this dirrection.

The constitution is just a piece of paper. Should burn well.

10 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Would never have happened if those greedy American workers would work for Third World wages and zero benefits.

Fuckin' bloodsuckers.

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Would never have happened if those greedy American workers would work for Third World wages and zero benefits.

Fuckin' bloodsuckers.

Nah, Slug thinks it's because regulations increased the cost too much...  Poor Slug. He know's so much. But most of it ain't true.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Nah, Slug thinks it's because regulations increased the cost too much...  Poor Slug. He know's so much. But most of it ain't true.

Sluggo don't know shit.  He is like Trump, full of false confidence and short on actual knowledge.  He claims to own a business, probably a taco truck.  Also like Trump, he firmly believes his bullshit, an essential trait for any con man.

22 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

This thought just came to me.  Does anyone else see a resemblance between Sluggo and DoRag?  I thought that foul fucker was gone for good.  If Sluggo starts calling out people for using emoticons, we'll know he's really DaRag.   :blink:

6 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

This thought just came to me.  Does anyone else see a resemblance between Sluggo and DoRag?  I thought that foul fucker was gone for good.  If Sluggo starts calling out people for using emoticons, we'll know he's really DaRag.   :blink:

DoRag could spell.

19 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:
26 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

DoRag could spell.

True.

DoRag also seemed much more virulently misogynistic than The Zit.

Then again, we haven't had too many opportunities to watch The Zit interact with women here.

2 hours ago, Hillary said:

Textbooks are a criminal consiracy.

Especially those dctionairies

What is the bottom line?

They're shitholes

4 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

What is the bottom line?

They're shitholes

Yeah, they are, so fucking what. Do you truly think that the unfortunates that just happened to be born there don't know that? Do you really think these people need some fucking fat, ignorant, rich, white man reminding them, and the entire world, of that?  And then rubbing their nose in it by emphatically saying that these people are absolutely not welcome in a country that is so well to do, so full of resources, so lucky, that people have nothing better to do than to turn into fat, selfish, clueless, mouth breathing, dickhead.

• Like 2

Trump admin blocks Haitians from temporary visas

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/politics/haiti-temporary-visas/

excerpt -

The announcement, which was published in the Federal Register on Thursday, removes Haiti from a list of countries that are eligible for the visas, called the H-2A agricultural and the H-2B non-agricultural temporary permits. 
Roughly 80 countries are eligible for the temporary worker programs, and the list is published every year. While it's unusual, countries are removed from the list at times. Haiti is being removed along with Belize and Samoa.

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

excerpt -

The announcement, which was published in the Federal Register on Thursday, removes Haiti from a list of countries that are eligible for the visas, called the H-2A agricultural and the H-2B non-agricultural temporary permits. 
Roughly 80 countries are eligible for the temporary worker programs, and the list is published every year. While it's unusual, countries are removed from the list at times. Haiti is being removed along with Belize and Samoa.

Why do they hate Belize? They actually speak 'merican there.

12 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Why do they hate Belize? They actually speak 'merican there.

War on Christmas.  Someone probably said "Feliz Navidad" to Stephen Miller and it sounded close enough to play it on the safe side.  

50 minutes ago, Sean said:

excerpt -

Samoa ??? WTF is this to block Rimas from comng back? That's a waste since he is not any kind of "worker" temp or otherwise.

Last time I checked, Samoa was a US Terrirtory, so how can Samoans be blocked from coming here? I wonder what fucking lobbyist bribed Trump into putting this on the list

-DSK

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Samoa ??? WTF is this to block Rimas from comng back? That's a waste since he is not any kind of "worker" temp or otherwise.

Last time I checked, Samoa was a US Terrirtory, so how can Samoans be blocked from coming here? I wonder what fucking lobbyist bribed Trump into putting this on the list

-DSK

American Samoa is a US Territory. "Samoa" includes AS but is an independent island nation. At least according to Wiki.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samoa

Retroactively blocking German immigration 135 years ago for a period of a couple of decades would be a better choice if it was possible.

16 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
21 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

American Samoa is a US Territory. "Samoa" includes AS but is an independent island nation. At least according to Wiki.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samoa

Well, shucks I had my hopes up there for a moment, thinking of blocking immigration from Manhattan

-DSK

On 1/17/2018 at 10:50 AM, Raz'r said:

BTW:  One answer is furnaces and hot water heaters :)  Tightening regs on those two items in particular has made them quite a bit more expensive than they were a 10 years ago  Just an FYI for accuracy sake.  

I'm on record as saying I think we need MORE immigration from east Africa - particularly the former British colonies - and gave my reasons a year ago.  Even from Somalia.  Mostly due to cultural and linguistic assimilatability - if that's a word.

1 hour ago, cmilliken said:

BTW:  One answer is furnaces and hot water heaters :) 

things not made in China. Yet.

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

Send the Pride of New York a box of these, and the Samoa thing will be reversed in a hurry.  

711t50bf+CL._SL1500_.jpg

25 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

things not made in China. Yet.

The problem with things like hot water tanks is that they're heavy, bulky, the lining can be fragile, and have a relatively low markup value.  So it's just not worth putting in a shipping container.  Furnaces are similar in that they're a fair bit of empty space, kinda fragile (don't want to bend the sheet metal or break the circuit board, bend the squirrel cage, etc.), and are somewhat awkward.  

Most of the cheap appliances (dishwashers, refrigerators, etc) in the US come from Mexico - not China - for that reason.  They COULD be made in China and shipped over but there are some things that just aren't worth it.  China really is a long way from the USA.

On 1/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, Raz'r said:

Thanks for proving my point. 

Looks like we can see where all that oppressive student loan money is going too.

IMG_7861.PNG

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

There are two Samoas - American Samoa, which is American, and Samoa, which used to be called Western Samoa. It is an independent country. There are huge numbers of Samoa Samoans working in AS. Someone told us that American Samoas either want a government job, which pays US wages or they rely on government handouts. Samoans end up working basically in all of the more basic jobs that locals won't take, like taxi drivers, store clerks, and fish plant workers. If they kick out Samoans I suspect that wage rates would have to increase a lot or jobs would sit open. BTW, the two Samoas are 80 miles apart but on opposite sides of the Dateline so the time in each is the same but the day is different. Samoa used to be in the Western Hemisphere but switched to the Eastern a number of years ago they would be in the same day as New Zealand, with which they have many links.

25 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

There are two Samoas - American Samoa, which is American, and Samoa, which used to be called Western Samoa. It is an independent country. There are huge numbers of Samoa Samoans working in AS. Someone told us that American Samoas either want a government job, which pays US wages or they rely on government handouts. Samoans end up working basically in all of the more basic jobs that locals won't take, like taxi drivers, store clerks, and fish plant workers. If they kick out Samoans I suspect that wage rates would have to increase a lot or jobs would sit open. BTW, the two Samoas are 80 miles apart but on opposite sides of the Dateline so the time in each is the same but the day is different. Samoa used to be in the Western Hemisphere but switched to the Eastern a number of years ago they would be in the same day as New Zealand, with which they have many links.

I am sure the "large numbers of Samoans" was an unintended reference to their generally remarkable size.  Not necessarily fat, just big.  It may be anecdotal, but they seem to be well represented in the Army, if not all of the US armed forces.  I knew several. 

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:
1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I am sure the "large numbers of Samoans" was an unintended reference to their generally remarkable size.  Not necessarily fat, just big.  It may be anecdotal, but they seem to be well represented in the Army, if not all of the US armed forces.  I knew several. 

Football players, too

I wonder if any Samoans in the NFL have aroused President Trump's ire and that's part of what drove this decision

-DSK

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

Football players, too

I wonder if any Samoans in the NFL have aroused President Trump's ire and that's part of what drove this decision

-DSK

Maybe a kneeler?

5 hours ago, cmilliken said:

BTW:  One answer is furnaces and hot water heaters :)  Tightening regs on those two items in particular has made them quite a bit more expensive than they were a 10 years ago  Just an FYI for accuracy sake.  

I'm on record as saying I think we need MORE immigration from east Africa - particularly the former British colonies - and gave my reasons a year ago.  Even from Somalia.  Mostly due to cultural and linguistic assimilatability - if that's a word.

Minor detail.  A good friend, who owns his own plumbing company, takes great joy in asking people why they want a hot water heater.  "Why do you need to heat your hot water?"

• Like 1

Billionaire philanthropists Bill and Melinda Gates will pay off $76 million of Nigeria's debt. 

It's part of a promise the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation made to the African country in an effort to end polio. The payments, which will be made over the course of 20 years, are due to begin this year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/18/bill-and-melinda-gates-foundation-is-paying-off-nigerias-polio-debt.html

• Like 1

House Democrats on Thursday formally unveiled a resolution to censure President Trump following reports that he disparaged Haiti, El Salvador and some African nations as “shithole countries” compared to places like Norway.

Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-La.), chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, and Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), the ranking minority member of the House Judiciary Committee, introduced the measure amid an ongoing, rancorous struggle by members of both parties to find a way to avoid a government shutdown Friday night.

The censure resolution condemns Trump for remarks it states are “hateful, discriminatory and racist, and cannot and should not be the basis of any American policy.”

It further calls on Trump to retract and apologize for the remarks and states that the House has “support and respect for Haiti, El Salvador and African nations.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/369594-house-democrats-unveil-resolution-to-censure-trump-over-shithole-comments

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Send the Pride of New York a box of these, and the Samoa thing will be reversed in a hurry.  

711t50bf+CL._SL1500_.jpg

Those are my favorite GS cookies, by far.

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
9 hours ago, cmilliken said:

Minor detail.  A good friend, who owns his own plumbing company, takes great joy in asking people why they want a hot water heater.  "Why do you need to heat your hot water?"

That's so-o immature. I love it!

A couple of summers ago, some kids from the junior sailing program were standing around, sullen and bored. The very nice lady who was helping me by doing all the paperwork for the program was was also there, and by chance something took her into the kitchen of the club house. I called out to her, "Is the refrigerator running?" She called back "Yes." You know what I said next, the kids had never heard it and thought I was a friggin' hero from then on.

-DSK

Back to basics - who has lived in a shithole country and what did you think about it. I'll start, I volunteered in remote upland parts of Lesotho for several months after I retired. Lesotho ranks 160th out 186 countries in the world and is not improving very quickly. It has either the second or third highest HIV/AIDS rate in the world. Taken altogether Trump certainly would call it a shithole, except for the fact that he has never heard of it and could not find it on a map without someone showing him. I quite enjoyed the country (kept my dick firmly in pants though) and found the people to be thoroughly decent, surprisingly happy and honest. Remarkably the country spends more on education as percentage of GDP than any other country in the world. Given time with a better educated population things should improve. It would help if no other countries took immigrants from the country because many of the best and brightest leave to work in South Africa or Britain (probably a few to US). The year I was there the entire small graduating class of RN emigrated.

Speaking of shit holes ...  20.9 murders per 100K

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - There were more than 25,000 murders across drug-ravaged Mexico in 2017, the highest annual tally since modern records began, government data showed.

Investigators opened 25,339 murder probes last year, up nearly 25 percent from the 2016 tally, interior ministry data released on Saturday showed. It was the highest annual total since the government began counting murders in 1997.

Mexico has struggled with years of violence as the government has battled vicious drug cartels that have increasingly splintered into smaller, more bloodthirsty, gangs.

Violence is a central issue in July's presidential election. Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto faces an uphill battle to keep his ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party in office.

There were 40 percent more murder investigations opened last year compared with 2013, Pena Nieto's first full year in office.

Mexico on Thursday dismissed a claim by U.S. President Donald Trump that it was the most dangerous country in the world.

11 minutes ago, Hillary said:

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - There were more than 25,000 murders across drug-ravaged Mexico in 2017, the highest annual tally since modern records began, government data showed.

Investigators opened 25,339 murder probes last year, up nearly 25 percent from the 2016 tally, interior ministry data released on Saturday showed. It was the highest annual total since the government began counting murders in 1997.

Mexico has struggled with years of violence as the government has battled vicious drug cartels that have increasingly splintered into smaller, more bloodthirsty, gangs.

Violence is a central issue in July's presidential election. Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto faces an uphill battle to keep his ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party in office.

There were 40 percent more murder investigations opened last year compared with 2013, Pena Nieto's first full year in office.

Mexico on Thursday dismissed a claim by U.S. President Donald Trump that it was the most dangerous country in the world.

Maybe we should recognize that level of violence as a de facto civil war, and welcome those fleeing it as refugees. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hillary said:

The fact that it is fueled by the U.S. demand for drugs escapes that narrow little mind of your doesn't it?

The USA is the root cause of it descending into chaos.

1 hour ago, Hillary said:

Speaking of Shitholes:

The opioid epidemic ravaging the United States is taking a grim and growing toll.

The latest numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that 64,070 people died from drug overdoses in 2016. That's a 21 percent increase over the year before. Approximately three-fourths of all drug overdose deaths are now caused by opioids — a class of drugs that includes prescription painkillers as well as heroin and potent synthetic versions like fentanyl.

A new report from Police Executive Research Forum (PERF), an independent research organization that focuses on "critical issues in policing," puts those numbers into context.

According to the report, more Americans died from drug overdoses in 2016 than the number of American lives lost in the entirety of the Vietnam War, which totaled 58,200.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

The latest numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that 64,070 people died from drug overdoses in 2016. That's a 21 percent increase over the year before. Approximately three-fourths of all drug overdose deaths are now caused by opioids — a class of drugs that includes prescription painkillers as well as heroin and potent synthetic versions like fentanyl.

Well, you should be happy.  That's 48,053 less trump voters for the mid-terms.  

4 hours ago, frenchie said:

Maybe we should recognize that level of violence as a de facto civil war, and welcome those fleeing it as refugees. 

Or at least re-regime the place.

11 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I think you have a point.

On 17.1.2018 at 1:14 AM, dacapo said:

I just love this thread - bringing light into grey winter days and making me laugh all over. Real life!

13 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I'm waiting for them to include voter registration forms with Narcan doses.   Ohio Republicans would gain considerably.   

Trump says US ‘deeply respects’ the African people

January 28, 2018

DONALD Trump has penned a letter to African leaders following the furore over his reported “s**thole countries” comment, and will send Rex Tillerson on an extended visit in March.

US PRESIDENT Donald Trump, in a new letter to African leaders, says he deeply respects the people of Africa and that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will make an extended visit to the continent in March, his first in that role.

US president Donald Trump before delivering a speech during the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, where he met with world leaders. Picture: AFPSource:AFP

The letter dated on Thursday is addressed to African leaders as they gather for an African Union summit this weekend in Ethiopia’s capital.

US diplomats have scrambled for days to address shock and condemnation after Mr Trump’s reported comparison of African nations to “s**tholes”.

Took Tillerson to pull him into line , remains to be seen how long it lasts .

20 hours ago, Mid said:

Took Tillerson to pull him into line , remains to be seen how long it lasts .

It'll all be back to normal once Miller whispers in his ear.

On 1/22/2018 at 12:11 PM, Knut Grotzki said:

I just love this thread - bringing light into grey winter days and making me laugh all over. Real life!

"Kirstjen Nielson" saying she is unaware that Norway is mostly white?  YCMTSU. 

The Trumps are The Gang That Couldn't Lie Straight.