• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Guitar

Delta IV on the pad T minus 4 at Vandenburg

so informative

• Like 1

Great.....all our local randumbs will be going on and on about the chem trails the government is secretly using to poison us. 

Postponed

3 minutes ago, By the lee said:

Haaaaaaaaaaaa it's a scrub. Thanks for the BIG nothingburger, eh?

If you're not actually blaming Guitar for your disappointment, then maybe you should make that a bit clearer. Or shut the fuck up. Whichever.

11 minutes ago, oldgoatroper said:

Postponed

If you're not actually blaming Guitar for your disappointment, then maybe you should make that a bit clearer. Or shut the fuck up. Whichever.

Oh whaaaaaaaa......what's the matter, spurned by your favorite goat or something? :lol:

Great.....all our local randumbs will be going on and on about the chem trails the government is secretly using to poison us. 

If what they putting up there ain't open source for the betterment of all humanity the damage to the atmosphere that rocket does ain't worth the effort.

How's that?

It's not quite the conflagration we'd been banking on.

Who gives a shit.

I want to know about the XB-37 Launches and tests.
I'm pissed that some rich immigrant gets more knowledge our our secret shit than a borne citizen.

Money talks and bullshit walks I guess.

But wait, Space X is  sponsored by The US Government ala Obama???

Huh?

That immigrant came here, created a bunch of jobs, and is helping us reduce our dependence on Russia (launch vehicles) and Middle Eastern oil (Tesla). Sounds like a pretty good win-win to me. Immigration is one of this country's secret weapons. 

If it's true that Falcon Heavy will be the most powerful rocket ever launched my hat is off to EM and SpaceX. How many years did it take them to outpace the two giants of space exploration? Admittedly they stand on the shoulders of those before them, but still an awesome accomplishment, IMO.

I read somebody said Elon is a precious asset of the Human Race, how true.

57 minutes ago, chum said:

I never viewed him in that context but..............its an interesting notion.

they should be required to pop it off 30 min after Sunset 

Looking again at FH, it still looked small compared to the Apollo mission vehicles. The Saturn 5 made more than 7 million lbs of thrust. I misread the article, at 5.1 million lbs FH is the largest operational rocket. Still impressive.

3 hours ago, chum said:

His mother is quite something too.

image.png.f04dc5e1c894f0291cd9148c3378ca36.png

9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Hay anyone gut sum contact info ??

COUGAR EXTRAORDINAIRE !!!!

YaAll can chase the Poor Pubescent Youngsters   

even her hand knows !!!!!!!!! B)

1 hour ago, chum said:

Looking again at FH, it still looked small compared to the Apollo mission vehicles. The Saturn 5 made more than 7 million lbs of thrust. I misread the article, at 5.1 million lbs FH is the largest operational rocket. Still impressive.

They have a Saturn V on display at the Huntsville, AL Rocket Museum... that is one big MoFo

1920px-Davidson_Center-27527-2.jpg

Had one in DAGO in Kerney Mesa on display from New

Then removed

Guessing when X amount needed to be scrapped (as it was a dummy But could count as scrapped)

Today should be Bitchin

2nd Stage to separate Directly in front of Sun EVERYONE Look at the SUN All Day !!!!!!

Image result for trump staring at sun

Related image

GREAT !!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

does she have a dalmation coat?

I was thinking the same thing

101-dalmations-cruella-de-vil-171cms-lif

3 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

Hay anyone gut sum contact info ??

COUGAR EXTRAORDINAIRE !!!!

YaAll can chase the Poor Pubescent Youngsters   

even her hand knows !!!!!!!!! B)

If annyoune dissearves herre its you buddey!  You beene workeng the cougares harde forra longue time.  Dointe settelle, go grabbe that spirritted poney and macker youre owne.

Tacke that beutey and run, dointe looke backe.  Live everey secant, live ritte up to teh hilte.                       :)

On January 11, 2018 at 7:28 PM, Meat Wad said:

I'm pissed that some rich immigrant gets more knowledge our our secret shit than a borne citizen.

Fill out your SF86 and get a sponsor, and you might get a chance to peek behind the curtain.

13 hours ago, chum said:

If it's true that Falcon Heavy will be the most powerful rocket ever launched my hat is off to EM and SpaceX. How many years did it take them to outpace the two giants of space exploration? Admittedly they stand on the shoulders of those before them, but still an awesome accomplishment, IMO.

All that initial oomph still can't get much payload to a final orbit.  Needs a real upper stage, someday.

16 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

does she have a dalmation coat?

And a Sherlock Holmes pipe?

18 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

8 hours ago, knuckles said:
22 hours ago, chum said:

All that initial oomph still can't get much payload to a final orbit.  Needs a real upper stage, someday.

It's not all about thrust, it's also about burn time

-DSK

23 hours ago, Point Break said:

I never viewed him in that context but..............its an interesting notion.

It’s a pity he is an immigrant from a shithole country in Africa, to quote your esteemed dick of a president....:)

10 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

It’s a pity he is an immigrant from a shithole country in Africa, to quote your esteemed dick of a president....:)

Isn't Africa a continent?

21 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

Picking a fight?

TRUMP is like that annoying person who feeds pigeons in all the wrong places

those whos panties get bunched each time are but pigions chasing whatever is thrown 

be it off a cliff or not

indavigual thinking is a thing of the past

but everyone cant care or they will get trampled by the others

TROUBLING

21 hours ago, knuckles said:

Fill out your SF86 and get a sponsor, and you might get a chance to peek behind the curtain.

Yea, I know, money talks and bullshit walks.
But, Telsa and all Elon Musk's ventures (except paypal) would be nothing with out Government Subsidies.

SO WTF.

I'm still driving a wheelchair van with a lift and a Diesel instead of and Ele van??? Hey .............WTF?

9 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

TRUMP is like that annoying person who feeds pigeons in all the wrong places

those whos panties get bunched each time are but pigions chasing whatever is thrown 

be it off a cliff or not

indavigual thinking is a thing of the past

but everyone cant care or they will get trampled by the others

TROUBLING

so your are a pigeon now??

Trump is the smartest person in the room playing everyone for the fiddles they are.

Grow up and get over it.

40 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

so your are a pigeon now??

Trump is the smartest person in the room playing everyone for the fiddles they are.

Grow up and get over it.

aren't you making my point 

Some cool video of the shuttle launch up to SRB separation. Still a long way from 18,000 miles per hour escape velocity. Mind boggling speed. 

It reminds me of ludicrous speed from spaceballs.