• Announcements

    • Zapata

      Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

      Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Spatial Ed

Trump is a racist. Any question?

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

One point that keeps getting overlooked - Trump is a liar.  He lies, when called on it he doubles down and the faithful cheer him on. 

Pathetic.

I don't support trump but....  Yes, I totally agree with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Excellent rant, soaks.  I mean that.  However, I pretty much disagree with most of it because times have changed and we do not have the wide open spaces and empty land and growing factories we once did.  It worked in 1900.  Not so much now.  So your "tear down the wall" schtick is just utopian BS.  Its a different world now, just like you say its a different world so get rid of the 2A.  Its not about "I got mine".  Its about we cant fit the world in here now.  If we did what you suggest, we would be an instant 3rd world shithole within a generation.  Unlike in the past where it took real guts, fortitude, and determination to make it to our shores...... now any swinging dick can get on a cheap flight or boat, or walk across the border where they are met by do-gooders with bottles of water and come here and stay illegally.  If you want to come to this country and wait your turn in line  -then I'll be the first person to give you a big hug and kiss.  

 

Why should we keep people out that are ready and willing to work to start a new life for themselves?  To protect your job?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jzk said:

Why should we keep people out that are ready and willing to work to start a new life for themselves?  To protect your job?

Read the last line, dumbass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Read the last line, dumbass.

If there is a line, then we are keeping people out.  See if you can get that second brain cell online to help out.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I don't support Trump, but.....

Yep I totally agree.  But calling some place a shithole because its a shithole is not racist.  I suspect trump said it because of the black folk living there.  Just saying.

He also called el.Salvador a shithole, not too many coloreds there. So your hypothesis needs adjusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dog said:

That's been my experience too. 

Okay, so then, ask yourself  -  why would someone want to keep them out? 

Why would someone prefer immigrants from non-shitholes?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, frenchie said:

Okay, so then, ask yourself  -  why would someone want to keep them out? 

Why would someone prefer immigrants from non-shitholes?

 

 

I prefer immigrants from shit holes.  In a shithole country, there is little opportunity for someone that wants to be productive.  I want productive people to come here and be productive.

The opposite is the case from countries like Norway.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Okay, so then, ask yourself  -  why would someone want to keep them out? 

Why would someone prefer immigrants from non-shitholes?

 

 

Immigrants from non-shitholes bring assets and higher level skills and are more likely to vote Republican.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

We are getting somewhere. What conditions make it a shithole?  

A system rigged for the benefit of a fraction of a percentage of the population, that leaves the vast majority of the populace with no hope of a better life?  

Hey now.....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dog said:

Immigrants from non-shitholes bring assets and higher level skills and are more likely to vote Republican.

I bet you have some great data to back that up. Not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dog said:

Immigrants from non-shitholes bring assets and higher level skills and are more likely to vote Republican.

For one thing, we all know that immigration is all about voting.  Democrats, who are normally protectionist, are all for immigration for the votes.  Republicans, who tend not to be protectionist, fear that the immigrants will vote democratic.

I think the data shows that people coming from countries like Haiti and Nigeria tend to do well in the US, getting jobs, above average incomes and even starting businesses.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

One point that keeps getting overlooked by the faithful- Trump is a liar.  He lies, when called on it he doubles down and the faithful cheer him on. 

Pathetic.

If I may.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frenchie said:

Okay, so then, ask yourself  -  why would someone want to keep them out? 

Why would someone prefer immigrants from non-shitholes?

 

 

It's the "magical dirt theory"! People change their behaviours and ideals because they change their geographical location. Doesn't have a foothold in reality, but it sounds nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Excellent rant, soaks.  I mean that.  However, I pretty much disagree with most of it because times have changed and we do not have the wide open spaces and empty land and growing factories we once did.  It worked in 1900.  Not so much now.  So your "tear down the wall" schtick is just utopian BS.  Its a different world now, just like you say its a different world so get rid of the 2A.  Its not about "I got mine".  Its about we cant fit the world in here now.  If we did what you suggest, we would be an instant 3rd world shithole within a generation.  Unlike in the past where it took real guts, fortitude, and determination to make it to our shores...... now any swinging dick can get on a cheap flight or boat, or walk across the border where they are met by do-gooders with bottles of water and come here and stay illegally.  If you want to come to this country and wait your turn in line  -then I'll be the first person to give you a big hug and kiss.  

 

I beg to disagree.  At the turn of the century it wasn't hat hard to get to America. Sure, it might involve an uncomfortable few week voyage in steerage class, but millions did it.  In the US railroads were being built everywhere, especially on the east coast, to carry passengers, and freight for all those new factories.  You argument that we are out of jobs and space is not correct either.   There is plenty of room to expand and as much as American like their space, people in Europe have been living cheek to jowl for years and even Europe is wide open compared to many big Asian cities.  After living outside of Tokyo for 3 1/2 years, although it was generally a wonderful experience wonderful, I can safely say I never want to live in a relatively small area with 40 million people ever again.  Addressing the job issue, when horses and buggies gave way yo the automobile and iron horse, people wrung their hands because blacksmiths and stable owners would go out of business.  As I point out in my OP, the world is always changing. New technology and new ideas will create new opportunity that will benefit the innovators and workers alike. 

We will not turn into a shithole country, contrary to the xenophobic propaganda a large amount of immigrants want to work, make money and have a better future.  If handled correctly, it will be a win win.  There will always be a segment of society that will be unproductive. The young, the old, the infirm and the outright lazy.  The young will grow and most will be contributors.  The old will die and make room for the young. The small percentage of lazy ones will suck the tit of society.  Nothing new about that, it's unavoidable.  What would go a long way is more empathy and compassion and less worrying about a very small amount of people taking advantage.  If you want to be angry about being taken advantage, look at the wealthy people that get that way on other peoples backs by buying the politicians.  That''s the main reason the Right makes so much noise about the disadvantaged they they have helped to make that way.  Because they are very good at deflecting the anger that should be directed at them.

To me the BLUF is that we can change our attitude and open our doors and our arms to all comers, or we can build walls and be selfish.  If we chose the latter, the whole world will become a shithole and the only winners will be the paranoid preppers who will be trembling in anticipation to live out their final Rambo fantasies when the SHTF, gunning down the evil invaders coming to take their stuff.  All of which was made in China.

I appreciate your civil answer but I really don't want a hug and kiss from you.  (Shudder).   Thanks anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, the_abandoned_brane said:

It's the "magical dirt theory"! People change their behaviours and ideals because they change their geographical location. Doesn't have a foothold in reality, but it sounds nice. 

Your right, it only sounds nice.  In reality people do not change their fundamental ideas and behaviors simply by moving.  People with mental health issues, life issues, substance issues, etc., love to think, "If only I can get out of here, go somewhere far away, start a new life, a clean slate."  The problem is, that's like trying to run away from your shadow.  We can't run from ourselves, only hide.

The way to do it is resolve the issues inside, then go ahead and move.  It works much better that way.

Immigrating to another country where resources exist, opportunities exist, where there is more to do day to day than just trying to survive when none of those things exist in the current location is not a dream, it is a good idea to do so if possible.  The reason the first coherent societies were formed and people developed advanced art, science, philosophy, etc., such as the ancient Greeks and Romans did a few thousand years ago is because they had enough resources to ease the burden of just trying to survive.  The same thing can happen to an immigrant from a third world country that has no hope or opportunity for anything other than a very basic survival level existence.  They can go to a country where an infrastructure for success already in place and they can participate in it, knowing they don't have to devote all of their entire waking hours to meeting their basic need for food, clothing and shelter and nothing else.  This isn't rocket science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ed Lada said:

Your right, it only sounds nice.  In reality people do not change their fundamental ideas and behaviors simply by moving.  People with mental health issues, life issues, substance issues, etc., love to think, "If only I can get out of here, go somewhere far away, start a new life, a clean slate."  The problem is, that's like trying to run away from your shadow.  We can't run from ourselves, only hide.

The way to do it is resolve the issues inside, then go ahead and move.  It works much better that way.

Immigrating to another country where resources exist, opportunities exist, where there is more to do day to day than just trying to survive when none of those things exist in the current location is not a dream, it is a good idea to do so if possible.  The reason the first coherent societies were formed and people developed advanced art, science, philosophy, etc., such as the ancient Greeks and Romans did a few thousand years ago is because they had enough resources to ease the burden of just trying to survive.  The same thing can happen to an immigrant from a third world country that has no hope or opportunity for anything other than a very basic survival level existence.  They can go to a country where an infrastructure for success already in place and they can participate in it, knowing they don't have to devote all of their entire waking hours to meeting their basic need for food, clothing and shelter and nothing else.  This isn't rocket science.

TL,DR. synopsis please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

  Why the fuck would you complain about something you didn't even read?

Are you new here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I beg to disagree.  At the turn of the century it wasn't hat hard to get to America. Sure, it might involve an uncomfortable few week voyage in steerage class, but millions did it.  In the US railroads were being built everywhere, especially on the east coast, to carry passengers, and freight for all those new factories.  You argument that we are out of jobs and space is not correct either.   There is plenty of room to expand and as much as American like their space, people in Europe have been living cheek to jowl for years and even Europe is wide open compared to many big Asian cities.  After living outside of Tokyo for 3 1/2 years, although it was generally a wonderful experience wonderful, I can safely say I never want to live in a relatively small area with 40 million people ever again.  Addressing the job issue, when horses and buggies gave way yo the automobile and iron horse, people wrung their hands because blacksmiths and stable owners would go out of business.  As I point out in my OP, the world is always changing. New technology and new ideas will create new opportunity that will benefit the innovators and workers alike. 

We will not turn into a shithole country, contrary to the xenophobic propaganda a large amount of immigrants want to work, make money and have a better future.  If handled correctly, it will be a win win.  There will always be a segment of society that will be unproductive. The young, the old, the infirm and the outright lazy.  The young will grow and most will be contributors.  The old will die and make room for the young. The small percentage of lazy ones will suck the tit of society.  Nothing new about that, it's unavoidable.  What would go a long way is more empathy and compassion and less worrying about a very small amount of people taking advantage.  If you want to be angry about being taken advantage, look at the wealthy people that get that way on other peoples backs by buying the politicians.  That''s the main reason the Right makes so much noise about the disadvantaged they they have helped to make that way.  Because they are very good at deflecting the anger that should be directed at them.

To me the BLUF is that we can change our attitude and open our doors and our arms to all comers, or we can build walls and be selfish.  If we chose the latter, the whole world will become a shithole and the only winners will be the paranoid preppers who will be trembling in anticipation to live out their final Rambo fantasies when the SHTF, gunning down the evil invaders coming to take their stuff.  All of which was made in China.

I appreciate your civil answer but I really don't want a hug and kiss from you.  (Shudder).   Thanks anyway.

Agreed.  Although we should not make the society tit available to every lazy person in the world, or this is over before it begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it seems Trump helped finance a medical mission to Haiti whereby Ron Paul and other doctors went there to restore vision to hundreds of Haitians.  Doesn't seem very racist to me.

How much did you guys pony up to help the Haitians?

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

 Unlike in the past where it took real guts, fortitude, and determination to make it to our shores...... now any swinging dick can get on a cheap flight or boat, or walk across the border where they are met by do-gooders with bottles of water and come here and stay illegally

With the exception of flight you just described 1900 dude. Sometimes they'd come over here and work for a couple years, decade or two maybe, send money back home and maybe retire back home. Just like people like you bitch about the brown people doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I don’t support Trump but

would calling those countries shitholes have been wrong or otherwise improper?

Definitely unartful but it was expressed in a private conversation after the public media event. Gentlemen don't run to nearest microphone and shout "OOOO look what Donny just said". 

Racist? Given Trump's life record of engagement, assistance and support for minorities as evidenced but the many prominent minority leaders who have praised him for that support, I'd say it is more likely just a political label. One that just about every Republican gets leveled at them at one time or another.

You can disagree with the idea that it is better for America to admit people with training and skills that make America stronger e.g. economically and scientifically vs admitting people without skills that increase the burden on our social services and increase our growing debt. But it does not have to be racist even if some racists support it. 

My point is that there are both valid arguments for and valid arguments against  policies such as  building a wall, late term abortions,  race neutral policies that end affirmative action quotas, trimming back social service entitlements etc. 

These all deserve to be discussed in an open and fair forum. Attempts by either side to censure or stifle discussion by broad stroking horrible labels on the opposition is wrong.

Sure racists may want a wall but not everyone who wants a secure border and orderly immigration process is a racist. 

As bad as what Trump is alleged to have said. I personally think what Durbin did is much worse. Failing to honor the sanctity of private conversation in the era of ever present cameras and microphones is turning us into a tell all nation of gossipers.  

If you can't see that this is removing the civil from civilized society then you are part of the problem not the solution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Definitely unartful but it was expressed in a private conversation after the public media event. Gentlemen don't run to nearest microphone and shout "OOOO look what Donny just said". 

Racist? Given Trump's life record of engagement, assistance and support for minorities as evidenced but the many prominent minority leaders who have praised him for that support, I'd say it is more likely just a political label. One that just about every Republican gets leveled at them at one time or another.

You can disagree with the idea that it is better for America to admit people with training and skills that make America stronger e.g. economically and scientifically vs admitting people without skills that increase the burden on our social services and increase our growing debt. But it does not have to be racist even if some racists support it. 

My point is that there are both valid arguments for and valid arguments against  policies such as  building a wall, late term abortions,  race neutral policies that end affirmative action quotas, trimming back social service entitlements etc. 

These all deserve to be discussed in an open and fair forum. Attempts by either side to censure or stifle discussion by broad stroking horrible labels on the opposition is wrong.

Sure racists may want a wall but not everyone who wants a secure border and orderly immigration process is a racist. 

As bad as what Trump is alleged to have said. I personally think what Durbin did is much worse. Failing to honor the sanctity of private conversation in the era of ever present cameras and microphones is turning us into a tell all nation of gossipers.  

If you can't see that this is removing the civil from civilized society then you are part of the problem not the solution. 

He’s racist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Failing to honor the sanctity of private conversation

Isn't honoring the sanctity of private conversation not lying about the contents of it for your own benefit? If you continually lie about what was said, and make others eat shit over your lies, you should expect eventually people will call you out.

Again, enabling Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hillary said:

Definitely unartful but it was expressed in a private conversation after the public media event. Gentlemen don't run to nearest microphone and shout "OOOO look what Donny just said". 

Racist? Given Trump's life record of engagement, assistance and support for minorities as evidenced but the many prominent minority leaders who have praised him for that support, I'd say it is more likely just a political label. One that just about every Republican gets leveled at them at one time or another.

You can disagree with the idea that it is better for America to admit people with training and skills that make America stronger e.g. economically and scientifically vs admitting people without skills that increase the burden on our social services and increase our growing debt. But it does not have to be racist even if some racists support it. 

My point is that there are both valid arguments for and valid arguments against  policies such as  building a wall, late term abortions,  race neutral policies that end affirmative action quotas, trimming back social service entitlements etc. 

These all deserve to be discussed in an open and fair forum. Attempts by either side to censure or stifle discussion by broad stroking horrible labels on the opposition is wrong.

Sure racists may want a wall but not everyone who wants a secure border and orderly immigration process is a racist. 

As bad as what Trump is alleged to have said. I personally think what Durbin did is much worse. Failing to honor the sanctity of private conversation in the era of ever present cameras and microphones is turning us into a tell all nation of gossipers.  

If you can't see that this is removing the civil from civilized society then you are part of the problem not the solution. 

First off... your suggestion that any single person has done more in the 18months than "Pay off porn stars" Donny to remove the civil from civilization, please cite. Our adulterer in the White House has declared judges of Mexican descent unfit because of their race, and most Mexicans "rapists and murderers". He has failed to effectively shun white supremacists, and much to embolden them. He has lied on countless occasions, and feels free to insult war heroes and Gold Star families. He openly spoke of paying the legal bills of those who commit assault on those demonstrating peaceably at his rallies, and has persued policies which consistently speak of racial and religious bias. Happy Jack (sorry) Hillary, YOU are the problem you describe if you can't discern the evil in what you tolerate. 

Secondly, there are no long lists of folks with "training and skills that make America stronger" without families in tow. So unless you want to selectively admit only working-age already-trained folks with the desire to bring their foreign training and fixed ideas to this country if they abandon their spouses and kids back home, you would be accepting countless more people who are not "up to snuff" with your policy. As a country, this country has gained its riches by admitting healthy people and providing them with education and opportunity. Within a generation or two, they are American as apple pie, and successful tax payers. 

Thirdly, Trump has established ample precedent of baiting Democrats, and has thereby eroded trust across the aisle. Just like Lucy pulling the football out from Charlie B, Trump does not negotiate in good faith. He never has. Look at all the contractors he has stiffed or the cheerleaders left unpaid. So if you'd like to search for reasons why the Dems mistrust our racist in chief, look no further. He was never trustworthy enough to follow through on deals made in private. He is unfit for the presidency and demeans us all with his uncivil discourse.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dog said:

Nothing to gain, please...Flake is a Trump antagonist.

So what? He still gains nothing from telling the truth. There is no election for him. No need to pander to Trump, his base, the Democrats, nothing. Takes a principled man to stand up to their own party and say - nope, you no longer stand for the values I uphold, I'm out of here. 

Also, it turns out that the senators who did stand to gain something by sticking by Trump's denials are being hung out to dry. Turns out that the word the White House are peddling as being the real thing said was "shithouse" instead of "shithole". That distinction is apparently what Trump's trying to hang his hat on whilst his defenders try maligning Flake and Durbin. YCMTSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Isn't honoring the sanctity of private conversation not lying about the contents of it for your own benefit? If you continually lie about what was said, and make others eat shit over your lies, you should expect eventually people will call you out.

Again, enabling Trump.

Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dog said:

Immigrants from non-shitholes bring assets and higher level skills and are more likely to vote Republican.

Norwegians are more likely to vote Republican? What are you smoking and is it legal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Norwegians are more likely to vote Republican? What are you smoking and is it legal?

"shithole" immigrants are pretty likely to vote Republican on a range of issues, they get turned off by the racism of Republicans though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

First off... your suggestion that any single person has done more in the 18months than "Pay off porn stars" Donny to remove the civil from civilization, please cite. Our adulterer in the White House has declared judges of Mexican descent unfit (Lie.  He identified a potential conflict of interest)  because of their race, and most ( Lie. He never said most or anything like that and never said murderers. He has complimented Mexico and Mexicans on numerous occations) Mexicans "rapists and murderers". He has failed (In your opinion which no amount of evidence would change) to effectively shun white supremacists, and much to embolden them (Hog wash."Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."- Donald Trump)  He has lied on countless occasions, and feels free to insult war heroes and Gold Star families. (just as you and they exercised the right to insult Trump) He openly spoke of paying the legal bills of those who commit assault on those demonstrating peaceably at his rallies, (entrance to private events prohibits those activities, their conduct constitutes criminal trespass) and has persued policies which consistently speak of racial and religious bias. Happy Jack (sorry) Hillary, YOU are the problem you describe if you can't discern the evil in what you tolerate. 

Secondly, there are no long lists of folks with "training and skills that make America stronger" without families in tow. So unless you want to selectively admit only working-age already-trained folks with the desire to bring their foreign training and fixed ideas to this country if they abandon their spouses and kids back home, you would be accepting countless more people who are not "up to snuff" with your policy. As a country, this country has gained its riches by admitting healthy people and providing them with education and opportunity. Within a generation or two, they are American as apple pie, and successful tax payers.  

Thirdly, Trump has established ample precedent of baiting Democrats, and has thereby eroded trust across the (Yeah, you mean like Durbin betraying a private conversation with the President for political gain) aisle.Just like Lucy pulling the football out from Charlie B, Trump does not negotiate in good faith. He never has. Look at all the contractors he has stiffed or the cheerleaders left unpaid. So if you'd like to search for reasons why the Dems mistrust our racist in chief, look no further. He was never trustworthy enough to follow through on deals made in private. (hog wash People lose money in a bankruptcy period. Even Trump) He is unfit for the presidency and demeans us all with his uncivil discourse. (All the while you completely ignore the same sins of the left. Who is demeaned when every Trump supporter is labeled a deplorable, racist nazi? Well) 

 

Where to start. I'm going to regret this I know. There is no way anything will change your mind. But ... ah hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cmilliken said:

I missed this and was unaware of said book. Thanks for informing me of the matter.

That said, reading the online blurb you link to, I still see no upside to lying about this issue in regards to that book. Especially if it could be proven he as a liar, there is only a tanking in sales of the political screed, whereas being caught lying for Trump still would (as the liar would hope) have the upside of proving loyalty.

 

12 hours ago, cmilliken said:

He may be 100% sincere but to suggest he has 'nothing to gain' from taking this particular tact at this particular time and that alone justifies his statements is inaccurate.

I didn't say that it alone justifies his statements. I am pointing out that having nothing (or little) to gain from lying to antagonise a power figure makes someone more credible than others who have much to gain by lying for said power figure. It's a principle that works when testing/judging the credibility of witnesses in a court room, I think it applies just as well in this case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

Turns out that the word the White House are peddling as being the real thing said was "shithouse" instead of "shithole".

Oh, well then - that makes all the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Oh, well then - that makes all the difference.

My thoughts exactly. Completely different. Can't see what all the fuss is about.

It does explain a lot of the "I did not hear Trump use that word" then refuse to say what word he did use. Always worth looking at the weasel words used, they tend to expose the lies of politicians as well as they do the lies of Nailing Happy @Hillary Jack :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jack could take Sarah Sanders place in the White House if she leaves.  His devotion to the master and his ability to spin and twist is equal to hers I think.  Amazing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

I think Jack could take Sarah Sanders place in the White House if she leaves.  His devotion to the master and his ability to spin and twist is equal to hers I think.  Amazing!

Are you saying Sarah Sanders is a fucking joke who no-one trusts to tell them water is wet? That's a little mean don't you think... I mean, it's not like she inspires repeated tellings of the Aristocrat's joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Are you saying Sarah Sanders is a fucking joke who no-one trusts to tell them water is wet? That's a little mean don't you think... I mean, it's not like she inspires repeated tellings of the Aristocrat's joke.

Not yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cmilliken said:

Although HE may not be a racist, I have no doubt that there are racists around him who manipulate him into furthering their agenda.  I just don't see HIM personally as caring much about race.  I don't think he cares about much about anything at this point in his life above approval and trying to create some sort of lasting legacy.  

^^This^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Are you saying Sarah Sanders is a fucking joke who no-one trusts to tell them water is wet? That's a little mean don't you think... I mean, it's not like she inspires repeated tellings of the Aristocrat's joke.

Didn't you get the memo?  The Aristocrats joke is out.  Now the punch line is; So what's the name of the act? And the father says, the Trump Family! 

 

Too soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2018 at 11:40 PM, Shootist Jeff said:

Of course NY's finest is a racist.  100% racist.  But calling Haiti and african countries shitholes just because they are populated by mostly brown doesn't make it a racist comment.  Sadly, the vast majority of shithole countries in the world ARE coincidentally populated by brown people.  It's just a fact, but not a racist fact.  They are not shitholes BECAUSE the people are brown.  They are shitholes because they are poor.  Just like some of our white shithole enclaves in the Appalachians and other pockets around the US are shitholes - because they are desperately poor.  

OTOH, Norway is a non-shithole NOT because they are predominantly lilly white - they are a non-shithole because they are relatively rich and prosperous.  It has nothing to do with skin color.

 

You really do want to believe that, don't you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg Popovich, Air Force academy graduate and one of the best coaches in the NBA is no fan of the fat Cheeto. He just did a number on Trump's views on race.

Ouch!

 

An excerpt from the Washington Post story, based on a San Antonio Express News report:

“… No matter what it is, he is willing to use it as a weapon for a certain number of people who will vote for him, for his own selfish reasons, and it shows what he really cares about is himself. It has nothing to do with America or anybody else. It’s about puffing himself up and making sure in his own disingenuous, cynical way he satisfies a group, and that’s what I find really dangerous and really disgusting, the way he uses his comments and then will tell you he is not a racist.

“It is mind-boggling, but it’s pretty obvious. He’s not fooling anybody.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Greg Popovich, Air Force academy graduate and one of the best coaches in the NBA is no fan of the fat Cheeto. He just did a number on Trump's views on race.

Ouch!

 

An excerpt from the Washington Post story, based on a San Antonio Express News report:

“… No matter what it is, he is willing to use it as a weapon for a certain number of people who will vote for him, for his own selfish reasons, and it shows what he really cares about is himself. It has nothing to do with America or anybody else. It’s about puffing himself up and making sure in his own disingenuous, cynical way he satisfies a group, and that’s what I find really dangerous and really disgusting, the way he uses his comments and then will tell you he is not a racist.

“It is mind-boggling, but it’s pretty obvious. He’s not fooling anybody.”

 

 

Wow why would he talk about Obama that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For him, it was.

Right wingers are not exactly noted for their wit.

Ignorance is more their specialty and they are damned exceptional at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nice! said:

"I am not a criminal  crook." Richard Nixon, 1971

"I am not a racist." Donald Trump,  2018

November 17th, 1973 at, of all places, Walt Disney World.  YCMTSU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Wow why would he talk about Obama that way. 

I know you are, you said you are, but what am I? Times infinity, so there!

Really digging deep for your comments aren't you TMSAIL? :rolleyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to see here.  Keep moving.

Emerging GOP leader in Virginia abruptly quits Republican Party because of Trump's racism.

“I have, on more occasions than I care to recall, been forced to ‘bite my tongue’ when in conversation with other party leaders about the issues of the day,” McDaniel wrote in his resignation letter to state party leaders. “I cannot in good faith continue to do that.”

McDaniel not only condemned Trump, but the Republican Party at large, writing, "It has become clear to me that today's Republican Party is dominated by people who harbor deep anti-immigrant sentiments."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 9:19 PM, Ed Lada said:

To me the BLUF is that we can change our attitude and open our doors and our arms to all comers, or we can build walls and be selfish.  If we chose the latter, the whole world will become a shithole and the only winners will be the paranoid preppers who will be trembling in anticipation to live out their final Rambo fantasies when the SHTF, gunning down the evil invaders coming to take their stuff.  All of which was made in China.

Why would the whole world become a shithole if we decide to actually enforce our own immigration laws???  First of all we can't fit the entire world into our borders.  And if the entire world so depends on us to take immigrants in so the rest of the globe doesn't turn into a shithole, then I'm sorry but that is not my concern.  Maybe instead of fleeing their shithole, they should maybe stay and make their own country a better place rather than depend on America to do it for them.

Bottom line for me is that my one and only concern is the health and well-being of my own country and my fellow citizens.  If an immigrant comes to my country, my first thought is what can you do for ME?  If in the process they end up with a better life and opportunity, then that is icing on the cake and I'm glad for them.  But don't come here with an expectation that we "OWE" you a better life.  If you come here (legally), then work your ass off, stay out of trouble, pay your taxes, follow the rules - then you can earn the benefits you want.  But you don't deserve squat just for showing up on our shores.  And certainly not when you snuck in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Why would the whole world become a shithole if we decide to actually enforce our own immigration laws???  First of all we can't fit the entire world into our borders.  And if the entire world so depends on us to take immigrants in so the rest of the globe doesn't turn into a shithole, then I'm sorry but that is not my concern.  Maybe instead of fleeing their shithole, they should maybe stay and make their own country a better place rather than depend on America to do it for them.

Bottom line for me is that my one and only concern is the health and well-being of my own country and my fellow citizens.  If an immigrant comes to my country, my first thought is what can you do for ME?  If in the process they end up with a better life and opportunity, then that is icing on the cake and I'm glad for them.  But don't come here with an expectation that we "OWE" you a better life.  If you come here (legally), then work your ass off, stay out of trouble, pay your taxes, follow the rules - then you can earn the benefits you want.  But you don't deserve squat just for showing up on our shores.  And certainly not when you snuck in.  

//shakes his head and sadly walks away...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Why would the whole world become a shithole if we decide to actually enforce our own immigration laws???  First of all we can't fit the entire world into our borders.  And if the entire world so depends on us to take immigrants in so the rest of the globe doesn't turn into a shithole, then I'm sorry but that is not my concern.  Maybe instead of fleeing their shithole, they should maybe stay and make their own country a better place rather than depend on America to do it for them.

Bottom line for me is that my one and only concern is the health and well-being of my own country and my fellow citizens.  If an immigrant comes to my country, my first thought is what can you do for ME?  If in the process they end up with a better life and opportunity, then that is icing on the cake and I'm glad for them.  But don't come here with an expectation that we "OWE" you a better life.  If you come here (legally), then work your ass off, stay out of trouble, pay your taxes, follow the rules - then you can earn the benefits you want.  But you don't deserve squat just for showing up on our shores.  And certainly not when you snuck in.  

Perfect illustration of the selfish, greedy, nasty, short sighted mentality of Trump supporters and right wingers in general.

You represent everything that America isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is a Liar, a crook, a con man, a misogynist, an adulterer, and a corrupt politician using the office to line his pockets. 

Why should we be surprised that he's also a racist?  

 

Also - I agree with the point made above; immigrants from shithole countries are some of the best workers.  Remember, what has been reported is that he said "we don't want those people"

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Perfect illustration of the selfish, greedy, nasty, short sighted mentality of Trump supporters and right wingers in general.

You represent everything that America isn't.

I'm afraid that's the problem, Jon. Princess here represents what a sizeable proportion of the USA is.

It might not be most of America, and it might be decreasing (hence their fear), but it's certainly enough to win elections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not a racist. The Democrats miscalculated. There was too much history. Weddings, darling of the lefty media, awards from blacks, black girlfriend, photos chumming around with black leaders, etc to sell this BS revelation that "Oh. nobody knew he was racist until he ran against us and won".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the sickness that has infected our politics on both sides. Any vile lie just so long as we win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hillary said:

This is the sickness that has infected our politics on both sides. Any vile lie just so long as we win.

Your admission is acknowledged. 

Think of it as a first step. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Your admission is acknowledged. 

Think of it as a first step. 

Your vile lie of the day is to intentionally mischaracterize a general comment about party politics. Shame on you and thank you for illustrating my point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Your vile lie of the day is to intentionally mischaracterize a general comment about party politics. Shame on you and thank you for illustrating my point. 

If there was any lingering doubt you are Malarkey Jack.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

If there was any lingering doubt you are Malarkey Jack.........

There wasn't any. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now