5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

"Oh yeah?  Well, you too!" is a marvelously effective defense.

The favored rebuttal of most RIghties that can't counter an argument with facts because there aren't any facts to support their ludicrous assertions. You gotta dance with the one that brung ya.

2 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

No, I only want an impartial investigation to ensure there was no wrongdoing.  Given that shit show of a press conference yeterday and Dr. Admiral Jackson practically salivating in defense of his BFF, I don't find my thoughts unreasonable.

If your best defense is continually misconstruing my words and putting words in my mouth, I suggest you go to the basement for a time out and take some time to consider your behavior here.

You are calling for an investigation because you didn’t like the President’s health report.  In addition You don’t find that request unreasonable. 

No need to put words in your mouth.  The TDS is coming through loud and clear. 

4 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Well the standard response to anyone NOT in the anti trump camp.  Is versions of “you suck Trumps dick. “ Yep that’s an effective defense 

You are, once again, responding to me and quoting something I didn't say.  Maybe you are getting confused.

4 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Well the standard response to anyone NOT in the anti trump camp.  Is versions of “you suck Trumps dick. “ Yep that’s an effective defense 

When you consistently defend the most outrageous lies and/or stupidity the WH puts out, what would you call it?

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

My point has always been this Administration is controlling the message and, as a result of seeing how often and blatantly they lie, I have no faith they will be open, complete, and honest. I also happen to agree the doctor probably didn’t write this. That would be info coming from this Administration - be it President Trump, Sarah Sanders, or some lackey in an office. The results shared with us are likely bullshit. 

I would have to say that it is not wrong to have a skepticism about what this administration says. So much has been manipulated, filtered, and parsed.  Just like every administration. I think that Trump himself is not good at it, he speaks off the top of his head and out of emotion far too often. I think Trump would be a lot better off if he just said about 50% less. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bus Driver said:

You are, once again, responding to me and quoting something I didn't say.  Maybe you are getting confused.

Not directing that at you personally, but it happens pretty regularly to anyone on the right.   Certainly at a higher rate than righties starting out conversations,  at that level. 

Just now, chinabald said:

I would have to say that it is not wrong to have a skepticism about what this administration says. So much has been manipulated, filtered, and parsed.  Just like every administration. I think that Trump himself is not good at it, he speaks off the top of his head and out of emotion far too often. I think Trump would be a lot better off if he just said about 50% less. 

Bump that up to 100% and I'm with ya.

1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

Not directing that at you personally, but it happens pretty regularly to anyone on the right.   Certainly at a higher rate than righties starting out conversations,  at that level. 

I am confident you see it that way.  Then again, all of us are less than objective.  Yourself included.

10 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

I have repeatedly answered your specious questions with solid, provable facts.  Your response has been to ignore the facts, twist my words and blatantly lie about what I said.  I have repeatedly asked you to tell me why you feel qualified to tell me I am wrong when clearly I am not.  I write lengthy replies sometimes, using credible information to support my facts and well qualified opinions. You do nothing of the sort.  You haven't proven me wrong once other than saying how dare I question a Navy Admiral that works for the President.  I can and will question bullshit every time I see it no matter who the bullshitter is.  

You have no rational, logical, basis for your defense of Trump other than that you are obviously infatuated with him.  When you can do better than that drivel, maybe we can talk.

1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

Short memory?  Granted most of those nutters aren't here anymore but still you haven't been paying attention.  BTW, do you keep your sig line for irony or comedy?

6 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

You are calling for an investigation because you didn’t like the President’s health report.  In addition You don’t find that request unreasonable. 

No need to put words in your mouth.  The TDS is coming through loud and clear. 

You are clearly an ass.  Yes, that is an official clinical diagnosis, look it up in the DSM 5, you will find it in the Personality Disorders chapter. 

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I am confident you see it that way.  Then again, all of us are less than objective.  Yourself included.

I submit post 175.  First comment in this thread by Sloop

9 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Where I disagree is "just like every administration". Sort of like how we've forgotten Dick Cheney flipping the bird to reporters, and lying to start a war; but Obama said "you can keep your doctor"  !!!!!!!

The old false equivalence game.

No administration tells the truth 100% of the time, that does not excuse an administration that deliberately lies for it's own gain at least half the time.

-DSK

TMSail has clearly gone off the deep end.  I wonder if there is a mental heath equivalent of SWATting someone.  In TM's case it wouldn't be a false call though, he is clearly exhibiting the signs of a person approaching a full blown psychosis.  That is not a diagnosis, merely a well informed opinion.  

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Where I disagree is "just like every administration". Sort of like how we've forgotten Dick Cheney flipping the bird to reporters, and lying to start a war; but Obama said "you can keep your doctor"  !!!!!!!

The old false equivalence game.

No administration tells the truth 100% of the time, that does not excuse an administration that deliberately lies for it's own gain at least half the time.

-DSK

I'm not saying its OK because they all do it. I'm saying, its fair to be skeptical of what you are told by the Administration and frankly you should be skeptical of all of them. Whether you voted for them or not. 

16 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I have repeatedly answered your specious questions with solid, provable facts.  Your response has been to ignore the facts, twist my words and blatantly lie about what I said.  I have repeatedly asked you to tell me why you feel qualified to tell me I am wrong when clearly I am not.  I write lengthy replies sometimes, using credible information to support my facts and well qualified opinions. You do nothing of the sort.  You haven't proven me wrong once other than saying how dare I question a Navy Admiral that works for the President.  I can and will question bullshit every time I see it no matter who the bullshitter is.  

You have no rational, logical, basis for your defense of Trump other than that you are obviously infatuated with him.  When you can do better than that drivel, maybe we can talk.

What facts have you presented that have any validity?  It’s all based on your OPINION.  You are basing that OPINION on your very extensive experience in the US military.   That doesn’t change the basic FACT that I am using the ACTUAL FACTS presented by the WH Doctor.  I’m not saying you are wrong.  I am saying I accept the views of the WH doctor that ACTUALLY conducted the exam.  

When I thanked you for your service I was sincere.   I’ll add I hope you have a wonderful time with your new grandchildren.   That still doesn’t make me accept your alternative views on the health of POTUS 

11 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Short memory?  Granted most of those nutters aren't here anymore but still you haven't been paying attention.  BTW, do you keep your sig line for irony or comedy?

Yes they are gone but most of the lefties that live in the gutter are still here.  

31 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:
48 minutes ago, hermetic said:

is the va a military clinical facility?

do you think the dod covers it's ass inre the va?

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs is an independent cabinet level agency. As such it does not answer to the DoD, they are peer agencies.   The VA is led by the Secretary for Veterans Affairs.  Their responsibilities cover far more than health issues.

If you have a bone to pick with the VA I suggest you address it directly with them.

so it's not a "military clinical facility"?

5 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

TMSail has clearly gone off the deep end.  I wonder if there is a mental heath equivalent of SWATting someone.  In TM's case it wouldn't be a false call though, he is clearly exhibiting the signs of a person approaching a full blown psychosis.  That is not a diagnosis, merely a well informed opinion.  

Why?  I’m using an official report presented by a rear admiral.  You  are using the internet and your previous experience as an EMT to call for an investigation.   Yet I’m the one going off the deep end. :) 

3 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

He just happens to be 1 pound under "Obese."  Ya right.

4231c621a96eb63d932bfab341f3cde0.jpg

Can you imagine how long your forearm would have to be to give this guy a prostate exam?...... And the glove involved?

I have mental images of breach birth calvings that I've seen on TV.....

Just now, TMSAIL said:

What facts have you presented that have any validity?  It’s all based on your OPINION.  You are basing that OPINION on your very extensive experience in the US military.   That doesn’t change the basic FACT that I am using the ACTUAL FACTS presented by the WH Doctor.  I’m not saying you are wrong.  I am saying I accept the views of the WH doctor that ACTUALLY conducted the exam.  

When I thanked you for your service I was sincere.   I’ll add I hope you have a wonderful time with your new grand children.   That still doesn’t make me accept your alternative views on the health of POTUS 

I am amazed that you don't know the difference between facts and opinion. I have a fair amount of education, training, and experience in the fields I have discussed here.  Short of posting my CV, I don't feel I need to give any more evidence of my background.  I have offered factual evidence and qualified opinions at military courts martial, I have written countless notes in official medical records (legal documents, subject to severe penalties if not correct and factual).  I have consulted extensively with professionals in both medical and mental health settings. At no time, in any circumstance was my work disputed or questioned due to a paucity of factual information.  I feel quite comfortable with what I have presented here and I would happily defend it to any professional in the medical or psychological community but I am pretty sure if they read what I have stated here, there wouldn't be any dispute.  

One way to not be called out for being wrong by someone in a position to know, is to not open your mouth or write something unless you are very reasonably sure it is true.  Maybe if you followed this rather reasonable advice you wouldn't find yourself constantly on the defensive in this forum.  

6 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Just pointing out a basic fact muscle is 4 times as dense as fat.  Sorry if the medical exam didn’t give you the wet dream you were expecting.  Calling a military doctor a liar is pretty low for most people.  For someone who claims they served it’s really surprising, but not unexpected when suffering under TDS. 

About as accurate as most of your world knowledge.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/438693-a-pound-of-fat-vs-a-pound-of-muscle/

On average, the density of fat is 0.9 g/mL. The density of muscle is 1.1 g/mL. Using the averages, 1 liter of muscle weighs 1.06 kg, or 2.3 lbs., while 1 liter of fat weighs .9 kg, or 1.98 lbs

1.1/.9 = 1.18 times the weight for the same volume.

Muscle is 1.18 times as dense as fat, not 4 times as dense.

Trust me, as someone who has struggled mightily with his weight for many, many years...I'm on top of this shit.

There IS a difference, and muscle is more dense. But it's nowhere near 4X the density.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chinabald said:

I'm not saying its OK because they all do it. I'm saying, its fair to be skeptical of what you are told by the Administration and frankly you should be skeptical of all of them. Whether you voted for them or not. 

Agreed 100%

"We should keep an open mind, but not so open that our brains fall out." (not sure who originated this quote)

-DSK

55 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

You are correct I am confused as to your point.   The Doctor was the presser,  he presented the Presidents heath numbers and answered the questions. 

"I have absolutely no concerns about his cognitive ability," Rear Adm. Ronny Jackson, M.D., told reporters during a White House press briefing on Tuesday.

you must be responding to someone who questioned the cognitive ability tests.

6 hours ago, Dog said:

You guys have gone over the edge. You're talking about an inch. If he's actually 6' - 2  1/2" rounding up or down to the nearest inch could result from a fractional difference in measurement.

1) Most people shrink, not grow when they get older. Actually...nobody grows when they get older. Everybody shrinks.

2) Do you think Trump would EVER, EVER understate his height on an official document or allow it to be understated?  With his ego? If his driver's license says 6'2", if it's off by half an inch it's because he's 6'1.5", not the other way around.

3) Strangely...almost coincidentally...6'3", 239 lbs. put's Trump exactly .1 away on his BMI from being classified as "Obese". If he was a pound heavier, or a little bit shorter, he would be officially "Obese". Do you really think Trump would allow that?

15 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I am amazed that you don't know the difference between facts and opinion. I have a fair amount of education, training, and experience in the fields I have discussed here.  Short of posting my CV, I don't feel I need to give any more evidence of my background.  I have offered factual evidence and qualified opinions at military courts martial, I have written countless notes in official medical records (legal documents, subject to severe penalties if not correct and factual).  I have consulted extensively with professionals in both medical and mental health settings. At no time, in any circumstance was my work disputed or questioned due to a paucity of factual information.  I feel quite comfortable with what I have presented here and I would happily defend it to any professional in the medical or psychological community but I am pretty sure if they read what I have stated here, there wouldn't be any dispute.  

One way to not be called out for being wrong by someone in a position to know, is to not open your mouth or write something unless you are very reasonably sure it is true.  Maybe if you followed this rather reasonable advice you wouldn't find yourself constantly on the defensive in this forum.  

I’m not questioning your credentials.  I’m questioning your ability to reach your conclusions without an actual physical exam. 

Not sure why you are being so obtuse. 

5 hours ago, hermetic said:

the man has been the presidents doctor since dubya, when did he start lying?

When the current administration started pressuring him to, obviously.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Trust me, as someone who has struggled mightily with his weight for many, many years...I'm on top of this shit.

There IS a difference, and muscle is more dense. But it's nowhere near 4X the density.

Of course there is a difference.  My bad on the 4x it was something I remembered from a trainer when I was getting fit and not losing the weight    

6 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Of course there is a difference.  My bad on the 4x it was something I remembered from a trainer when I was getting fit and not losing the weight    

Hopefully, you didn't pay that trainer anything.  I've never heard anyone claim anything like that.

• Like 1

I can't speak to a lot of this, but there is NFW that weight can possibly be correct and I have *never* heard of a doctor "guaranteeing" someone's health for years to come.

Might as well have blown him right there in front of everyone :rolleyes:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Hopefully, you didn't pay that trainer anything.  I've never heard anyone claim anything like that.

Always with the digs.  Here is the newsletter

https://greatist.com/fitness/does-muscle-weigh-more-fat

But because a pound of fat takes up about four times the space of muscle tissue, it’s possible to look and feel trimmer even if body weight remains the same. Of course, it’s also possible to weigh the same, but look and feel fatter 

10 minutes ago, hermetic said:

so it's not a "military clinical facility"?

The VA is not a military organization.  It provides many services to former military members.  That is a very big difference.   

Let's see if this helps.  If you are being considered for a medical discharge from the military, you go before a medical board that determines your degree of impairment and whether or not you can continue on active duty with reasonable accommodations that do not prevent you from carrying out the basic duties required of any service member.  The board is supported by information obtained from a very thorough physical exam and reports of your ability to do your job from your immediate chain of command.  You may appear in person before the board if you wish to present your case, you may bring witnesses to support your case. The board is comprised of medical and non medical military officers.  If the board determines you are no longer fit to serve on active duty then they make a determination as to the extent of your disability, expressed as a percentage.  You may receive a one time lump sum Disability Severance payment or you may receive a medical retirement.  The benefits of the medical retirement are the same as the benefits of any normal military retirement. The monthly amount is determined by the extent of your disabilities as well as time on active duty and the final amount is established by a standard formula.  The next step after the discharge is completed is to take your medical records and any other pertinent information the the Veterans Administration to establish a VA disability case.  The VA will take into account the reasons for the medical discharge.  In addition, the VA gives you another complete physical and reviews your original physical exam from your entry to the military to see what changes in your general health may have been caused by your military service.  If they find things that could have been caused by the service, or any preexisting conditions that may have been aggravate by your service, they will add them all up using established criteria and disability percentage amounts and award you a VA disability rating from 0 to 10%, increased by a minimum of 10 percent for any non zero rating.  They put individual disability percentages into a formula because many Veterans could achieve a final rating of more than 100% otherwise.  The formula is weighted so the more disabilities you have, the more difficult it is to get 100% with a number of lower percentage disabilities as opposed to one or two major disabilities.  You then receive monthly VA disability compensation adjusted upward if you have a souse, children, and or are caring for your elderly parents.  The pay for 10% is around $160.00 a month and for 100% , around $3,000 a month. The increase for each 10% is around $200.00 except the jump between 90% and 100% is about $1,000.  A veteran has the right to reopen an existing claim at any time and request an increase if the disability has worsened over the years.  There is no time limit on when you can file for a disability except if you do it more than 1 year after discharge then you won't get back pay for the disability to the time of your discharge, only from the date of filing forward.  There are certain disabilities that are considered presumptive claims, which means just by virtue of your service and the VA through it's history and experience, has decided certain illnesses are presumed to be caused by military service and you don't need to present any further evidence to establish a service connection to the illness.  

Non retired military Veterans are not entitled to care at any DoD medical facility except in certain cases.  Veterans that retire normally but then receive a VA disability rating are allowed to get what is called concurrent receipt, that is they can collect their normal DoD pension as well as their VA disability pay.  In the past the amount of retirement pay was offset by any VA disability pay, the amount of the disability pay was tax free, the normal retirement pay was taxed. After years of fighting by veterans advocacy groups such as the VFW and the DAV, Congress changed the law some years ago to allow receipt of both benefits in full.  The rationale was that disability pay is given to compensate the veteran for loss of future earning ability as well as pain and suffering. They argue that normally retired veterans that receive VA disability pay were under an unfair hardship compared to non retired disabled veterans.  The Congress finally agreed with this argument.

There are many more details to the process but that is a brief, reasonably comprehensive overview of the system.  The disability rating diagnostic criteria and percentages for each medical condition as well as the pay tables for each rating level are public information and easily found on the VA website or other official and unofficial websites.

Does that help?  If not, I am done answering your questions and I recommend you use Google fr more information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

Agreed, And I’m only seeing when he’s quoted!!

27 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

I’m not questioning your credentials.  I’m questioning your ability to reach your conclusions without an actual physical exam. 

Not sure why you are being so obtuse. 

Because if I were still actively working in the field I would be bound by ethical considerations to not offer a diagnosis. I no longer hold any license or certification to do that work so I am free to speak my mind,nor have I offered any diagnosis.  I will assuage your fears by offering the standard disclaimer that many professionals in the business are offering on television and in print as we speak. 

"Although I cannot offer a definitive diagnosis because of the fact that I haven't personally examined the individual in question, I can offer an informed opinion as to the veracity and accuracy of the exam based on the rather comprehensive information presented here."

Good enough?

20 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I can't speak to a lot of this, but there is NFW that weight can possibly be correct and I have *never* heard of a doctor "guaranteeing" someone's health for years to come.

Might as well have blown him right there in front of everyone :rolleyes:

One of many egregious and unprofessional discrepancies committed by Dr. Admiral Jackson yesterday. I started watching with a good feeling and after about 5 minutes I started to notice that the doctor was being less than objective. I don't want to watch the video again to cite exact examples, but there are many in addition to the big one you pointed out.  I will never believe anything that doctor says ever again.  He has zero credibility and I am sure there are many, many doctors that have reached the same conclusion.  I don't care what his military rank is, nor his professional experience, he stepped way over the line last night and revealed himself to be a partisan hack. 

It is interesting how Trump has the ability to co-opt senior military officers.  Flynn, McMasters, Kelly and now Jackson, among others.  The last notable sellout was the power hungry fool GEN Al Haig who sold his soul to Nixon before he cemented his place in infamy during the Reagan years. But he was an exception.  It is starting to become a rule apparently. I find this development to be even more distressing given my military service and I had occasional contact with a fair amount of general officers from my military service as well as 10 years in civil service working for the Army.  I used to have a lot of respect for most GOs, I will be more careful in the future before granting that respect.

Sometime I will tell the story of a GO I knew who went on to become Rumsfeld's military liaison under Bush II.  As a young, newly commissioned, and newly married 2nd LT he appeared on The Price is Right TV game show and won 2 cars in the final showcase showdown.

22 minutes ago, hermetic said:

yeah - I'm done with this thread

No problem, fuck off.  :rolleyes:

Dr. Ronny L. Jackson, a rear admiral and the White House physician, said Tuesday in his report on the president’s medical condition that Mr. Trump was in “excellent” cardiac health despite having an LDL cholesterol level of 143, well above the desired level of 100 or less.

Dr. Eric Topol, a cardiologist at the Scripps Research Institute, disputed that rosy assessment. He said on Wednesday that the most alarming fact is that the president’s LDL levels remain above 140 even though he is taking 10 milligrams of Crestor, a powerful drug that is used to lower cholesterol levels to well below 100.

“That’s a really high LDL,” Dr. Topol said, echoing the concerns of other heart experts who reviewed Dr. Jackson’s report. “We’re talking about a 70-plus-year-old man who is obese and doesn’t exercise. Just looking at the lab value, you would raise a big red flag.”

He added: “I would never use the word excellent health. How you could take these indices and say excellent health? That is completely contradicted.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/17/us/politics/trump-physical-heart-health-cholesterol.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

Always with the digs.  Here is the newsletter

https://greatist.com/fitness/does-muscle-weigh-more-fat

But because a pound of fat takes up about four times the space of muscle tissue, it’s possible to look and feel trimmer even if body weight remains the same. Of course, it’s also possible to weigh the same, but look and feel fatter 

That "factoid" is trash. Fat doesn't take up 4X the volume of muscle. We demonstrated that earlier; muscle is about 1.2x the density of fat. So 1000ml of muscle weighs about as much as 1200ml of fat.

There are differences in placement though. Fat, within limits, goes wherever the hell it wants to. It's constrained by the locations of fat cells, but it is not constrained to a preexisting formed shape like a muscle. You can increase the size of your bicep muscle, but you aren't going to add new muscles to places there were no muscles in evidence before. Whereas you can store fat in places you can't well see it when you are in shape that all of a sudden start bulking up.

So fat can appear in places like your ass and gut, and tends to be more shapeless. It looks like it's showed up there, but it is being stored in existing fat cells. But those aren't as defined as muscle. Muscle tends to be more compact and smooth, so gains to it slightly increase existing muscles but don't bloat you out in weird places.

But is is NOT 1/4 the physical volume. It's just spread about differently.

https://bamboocorefitness.com/one-pound-of-fat-versus-one-pound-of-muscle-clearing-up-the-misconception/

20 minutes ago, Mid said:

Dr. Eric Topol, a cardiologist at the Scripps Research Institute, disputed that rosy assessment. He said on Wednesday that the most alarming fact is that the president’s LDL levels remain above 140 even though he is taking 10 milligrams of Crestor, a powerful drug that is used to lower cholesterol levels to well below 100.

“That’s a really high LDL,” Dr. Topol said, echoing the concerns of other heart experts who reviewed Dr. Jackson’s report. “We’re talking about a 70-plus-year-old man who is obese and doesn’t exercise. Just looking at the lab value, you would raise a big red flag.”

Ya,  something's not right.  Why would any Dr. say an obese guy with LDL north of 140 who is on Crestor is in great shape, the best shape?  Without Crestor he'd probably be north of 190. 

11 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

trump_obama.jpg.47d30a24292f377a096266307121584f.jpg

Obama’s wearing shoe lifts, of course...

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Obama’s wearing shoe lifts, of course...

been waiting for this one , kinda surprised it's taken so long .

BTW - for all you confused righties out there that think this is about fat shaming Trump...it's NOT.

It's about all the lying. The lying, and the ego that cause Trump to force such childish and dishonest behavior on the formerly respectable people around him.

This dumb bastard doctor, he's lost all credibility. He's shown himself to be a hack and a stooge. Like so many others around them. Trump creates this bizarre disaffected reality around him, and now uses his "authoritah" to force every else to help him project it.

It's fucking ridiculous. Like Trump.

So this kerfuffle is NOT about how much lard is in Trump's ass. Hell, I'm north of 300 and in no position to cast stones in that regard. But I own it; I'm a fat fucker that needs to lose weight. I'm not having anyone shade it with lies about my condition. But it IS about Trump's fundamental dishonesty, his fragile ego, and how quick he is to lie and force others around him to lie to create this alternate reality for him.

When you lose SI...

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2018/01/16/donald-trump-height-weight-tim-tebow-mike-trout

This is me in 2011, at 6'0" tall, weighing around the same 235-240 pounds as Trump is alleged to be carrying. Of course the dry suit, layers, and PFD add some bulk. I wish I was this slim right now. But does ANYONE really believe that if Trump is really 6'3" tall, that he weighs the same as I do here? Hell no, I look about as rotund in my dry suit as he does playing golf.

240.jpg.ebb98742dc14d4e21953b43051947b83.jpg

It's not about his WEIGHT. It's about his lies. The main is not 6'3", and he does not weigh 239 lbs. That he has to force some poor bastard to commit professional seppuku in a press conference to "prove" he does is ludicrous.

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

1) Most people shrink, not grow when they get older. Actually...nobody grows when they get older. Everybody shrinks.

2) Do you think Trump would EVER, EVER understate his height on an official document or allow it to be understated?  With his ego? If his driver's license says 6'2", if it's off by half an inch it's because he's 6'1.5", not the other way around.

3) Strangely...almost coincidentally...6'3", 239 lbs. put's Trump exactly .1 away on his BMI from being classified as "Obese". If he was a pound heavier, or a little bit shorter, he would be officially "Obese". Do you really think Trump would allow that?

Being as old as the Rump, I recently got measured and found that from my tallest at 5' - 8 3/4" (ALWAYS noted as 5'9") I have shrunk and am now 5' - 7 3/4".  Which, according to my doctor, is just about the average height loss for 70-year olds.  I even feel shorter.  It sucks.  

In sum, Trump is shorter than he claims, full-on obese and a narcissistic liar.  

More to the point of his (p)residency, he is slothful and ignorant.  Both characteristics put him at the mercy of the despicable Steven Millers, et al that he has surrounded himself with.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Yes they are. He spends all day in Australian summer in 3 sweaters and a drysuit :rolleyes:

Basically, yeah. The key to surviving the heat is in the base layers.

Or as someone who has struggled with his weight and therefore sensitive about my appearance and not happy being photographed,  I'm behind the camera about 99.99% of the time. There are not many pictures of me, at least not in my albums.

Just for Hillary Jack, I'll include another one. See Jack, I'm wearing a different hat.

drysuit.jpg.17450c2c1a1ee8eb3cff1e2d83642e75.jpg

6'  5 3/4", about 235-240 in that photo with another extra hundred or so pounds on either arm.  Do they make me look fat?

K&G.jpg

36 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Being as old as the Rump, I recently got measured and found that from my tallest at 5' - 8 3/4" (ALWAYS noted as 5'9") I have shrunk and am now 5' - 7 3/4".  Which, according to my doctor, is just about the average height loss for 70-year olds.  I even feel shorter.  It sucks.  

In sum, Trump is shorter than he claims, full-on obese and a narcissistic liar.  

More to the point of his (p)residency, he is slothful and ignorant.  Both characteristics put him at the mercy of the despicable Steven Millers, et al that he has surrounded himself with.  

I was measured at 182cm at my last doctor's visit, which is annoying because I've been six foot even my whole adult life.

“It’s called genetics,” Dr. Jackson said. “I told the president if he had eaten healthier over the last 25 years, he might live to be 200.”

The best genes....many, most Doc's are saying so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VhmSays said:

“It’s called genetics,” Dr. Jackson said. “I told the president if he had eaten healthier over the last 25 years, he might live to be 200.”

The best genes....many, most Doc's are saying so.

Yeah, because ANY doctor would say dumb shit like that without being under a lot of pressure.

Trump's "superior genes" is his own shtick. Pretty sure most of what the poor doctor said was pretty coached.

"You gotta talk about my good genes. Figure out how to work that in there, okay?"

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

I was measured at 182cm at my last doctor's visit, which is annoying because I've been six foot even my whole adult life.

You aren't as old as I am and you are really shrinking.  I haven't lost any height yet, maybe my spinal disks are really strong or hard, I don't know.  I doubt I will ever get down to 6'.

2 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

You aren't as old as I am and you are really shrinking.  I haven't lost any height yet, maybe my spinal disks are really strong or hard, I don't know.  I doubt I will ever get down to 6'.

Carrying too much weight for so long has probably squashed some shit down more than it should have.

Losing five inches is pretty tough. 1 cm, not so much.

Of course, my last physical was a pretty slip-shod affair - a mandatory checkup for Australian Visa paperwork at a clinic where they were more concerned about taking my money and getting me in and out than really addressing health. They weren't especially focused on accuracy in anything.

5 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Carrying too much weight for so long has probably squashed some shit down more than it should have.

Losing five inches is pretty tough. 1 cm, not so much.

Of course, my last physical was a pretty slip-shod affair - a mandatory checkup for Australian Visa paperwork at a clinic where they were more concerned about taking my money and getting me in and out than really addressing health. They weren't especially focused on accuracy in anything.

Who was your doctor, Randy Jackson?

Just now, B.J. Porter said:

Not to worry, even over a third of an inch.  After all, 182 cm IS 6 foot even for sufficiently large values of a centimeter.  

I must have made a mistake the first time I did the conversion.  I got it right now.

4 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Who was your doctor, Randy Jackson?

I have no idea. He didn't have any medals though.

4 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Just that he is wearing them in all the photos I've seen

You must really suck at the internet, Jack.

This one is on my blog.

IMG_1909.jpg

Simple Jack, coming back to BJP for more humiliation, like Oliver Twist seeking porridge.  

"Please sir.  Can I have some more....?"  

9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Simple Jack, coming back to BJP for more humiliation, like Oliver Twist seeking porridge.  

"Please sir.  Can I have some more....?"  

It's unfortunate that Jack isn't as smart as he think's he is.

Also unfortunate for Jack is that there are two guys with my name that are considerably more prominent then I am. One is a comedy writer, the other a basketball player who was a hot prospect in college, but has now apparently become a coach.

So you just can't search for my name to Google-creep me, you have to be more specific. But by now, it seems we've reached the limits of Hillary Jack's Google-Fu.

I am not the guy on the left:

61b00b56538a87fd72e7e630d09e8531--uprigh

I am not this guy, either:

F-Inqueue-photos-output-DB-040314-COACH-

Just now, Hillary said:

Nothing the left says or does can be trusted.

But Trump is trustworthy.

You really are a stupid piece of shit. 

12 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

This one is on my blog.

Jack's getting kinda sweet on you BJ - watch out....

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
17 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

This one is on my blog.

Jack's getting kinda sweet on you BJ - watch out....

Nothing new.

He knows how this always ends.

You'd think he never watched the Road Runner when he was a kid or something.

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Next he'll be all up in your grill accusing you of attacking his family...

45 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Nothing new.

He knows how this always ends.

You'd think he never watched the Road Runner when he was a kid or something.

I frankly don't get why he came back using a sock to be honest. He obviously wanted everyone to know who he was, what with his F35 & Ridgeline crap (even if he thought he could hide his writing style)... and everyone here knows how righteously he was pounded into the pavement before he ran off crying last time. Outside indulging his post-menopausal tendencies, why bother creating a new account only for people to see him owned in his new account again and again (and again).

And because of his self-enforced "never confirm I am the same sad sack of shit everyone knows as Nailing Malarkey" schtick, he can't even continue the real arguments he wants to have another whack at. Everyone knows who he is, he cops the same mockery from his previous failures, he gets owned on every new argument, and hasn't an excuse to continue the ones he had to leave behind. What kind of masochistic whacko does that to himself?

2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

I frankly don't get why he came back using a sock to be honest. He obviously wanted everyone to know who he was, what with his F35 & Ridgeline crap (even if he though he could hide his writing style)... and everyone here knows how righteously he was pounded into the pavement before he ran off crying last time. Outside indulging his post-menopausal tendencies, why bother creating a new account only for people to see him owned in his new account again and again (and again).

And because of his self-enforced "never confirm I am the same sad sack of shit everyone knows as Nailing Malarkey" schtick, he can't even continue the real arguments he wants to have another whack at. Everyone knows who he is, he cops the same mockery from his previous failures, he gets owned on every new argument, and hasn't an excuse to continue the ones he had to leave behind. What kind of masochistic whacko does that to himself?

I'm really not sure what he gets out of this. I think PA is too small for a paid shill, so I can't see why he is so persistently masochistic.

I truly believed Trump was senile until somebody posted that deposition.   He demonstrated near average intelligence and adequate ability to follow instructions.   The physician surprised me with his assessment Trump would be able to finish his term, but I was impressed with the degree of imaging and technology used in a single appointment,    They surpassed Japanese convenience.   Maybe Trump just self reported his height and weight and they left the room empty for that part.  

2 hours ago, Hillary said:

On average, the density of fat is 0.9 g/mL. The density of muscle is 1.1 g/mL. 

Uh, yeah. We’ve already discussed that. Like, over a hundred posts ago. 

Do try and keep up. 

Now there is $100,000 offered to simply step on a trusted scale. Not going to happen:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/marvel-director-james-gunn-offers-dollar100k-for-trump-to-step-on-an-accurate-scale?ref=home

Up next: The porn star Stormy Daniels is set to describe Trump's junk. Is this a great age or what?

8 minutes ago, daddle said:

Now there is $100,000 offered to simply step on a trusted scale. Not going to happen:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/marvel-director-james-gunn-offers-dollar100k-for-trump-to-step-on-an-accurate-scale?ref=home

Up next: The porn star Stormy Daniels is set to describe Trump's junk. Is this a great age or what?

Trump caused the uproar over his weight. If someone tricks him into walking on a mat, too bad. Stormy Daniels needs to go away; she serves no one with her rattling.

7 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

So you too are calling a US Rear Admiral who is also the WH Doctor a liar.   That would include staff at Walter Reed that would have to be in on the deception.  That he and they knowingly falsified the exam and lab reports for political reasons.   That is some serious tin foil hat material. 

I believe the correct term for that WH doc is "bullshitter". This isn't the same as lying. CNN has Dr. Gupta calling his ass out on that tonight. Seems the calcium work up showed a clear indication of heart disease. Gupta dug into the fine print and button-holed the good doc, and they got it all on camera. It may have been the bullshit of Trump maybe living to be 200 perked Gupta's interest. The Doc of the White House should never-ever indulge in goofery.  

I think the WH doc is probably an officer who wants to remain the WH doc for awhile, like the rest of his career, which should extend well past Trump's term...but he must find a way to survive it. And we are talking what? Another three years. Tops! Getting fired would probably get him in a bit of career hot water. It's "up or out" for officers. You don't get promoted you get bounced in order to allow some younger blood to move up. Can't be having a war break out and find ourselves with a pile of geriatric LT's, now can we? Being demoted means you ain't likely get promoted anywhere in the near future, and near future is all you get. He would also probably have to go do some real doctoring somewhere to get his check too.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark K said:

I believe the correct term for that WH doc is "bullshitter". This isn't the same as lying. CNN has Dr. Gupta calling his ass out on that tonight. Seems the calcium work up showed a clear indication of heart disease. Gupta dug into the fine print and button-holed the good doc, and they got it all on camera. It may have been the bullshit of Trump maybe living to be 200 perked Gupta's interest. The Doc of the White House should never-ever indulge in goofery.  

I think the WH doc is probably an officer who wants to remain the WH doc for awhile, like the rest of his career, which should extend well past Trump's term...but he must find a way to survive it. And we are talking what? Another three years. Tops! Getting fired would probably get him in a bit of career hot water. It's "up or out" for officers. You don't get promoted you get bounced in order to allow some younger blood to move up. Can't be having a war break out and find ourselves with a pile of geriatric LT's, now can we? Being demoted means you ain't likely get promoted anywhere in the near future, and near future is all you get. He would also probably have to go do some real doctoring somewhere to get his check too.  

The doc is a freaking 1 star admiral.  AIn't no shame in retiring at that rank.  He is unlikely to get a second star in that job, it is probably a 1 star slot.  He will either retire from that job or get promoted and do something else.  As a doctor the slots for a 2 star are pretty limited.  He won't be commanding  battle group or anything.  Maybe he was waiting for a job to come open.  Anything is possible but he stepped on his dick big time so I see a retirement in his near future.

35 minutes ago, daddle said:

What better way to help the needy (of your choice), prove you're not a liar, and humiliate your detractors than to take the man up on the challenge? Fuck, I'd do it in a heartbeat for half the money... then again, I'd never be caught lying about my weight. It's just not something I am embarrassed by.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

I'm really not sure what he gets out of this. I think PA is too small for a paid shill, so I can't see why he is so persistently masochistic.

If you're Happy and you know it clap your hands...... It's all about winning - Jack is one insecure underperforming wannabe who has been railing against Liberals since day one while attempting to prove how smart he is.  He (wrongly) picked his current ID thinking he would have 4 years to just bash Hillary and much like his current hero never considered she might lose and now he is stuck with trying to win anyway.  Dr Sooper Genius is our Wiley Coyote.

• Like 2

Help me out here. Was it my imagination, but did the good doctor say Trump does NOT wear dentures? What the hell was all this about then...

can't see that Trump's health matters one way or the other..you can't get rid of him any faster.:rolleyes:

You CAN however run all sorts of amusing little side bets in anticipation of next years medical.

Will he grow taller?

Will he claim his MCA score is 31?

Someone call Jeffie to do one of his amusing matrixy betting thingys.

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Hello, and welcome....

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Try Paleo.  It's frighteningly effective....    Weight loss becomes the default.  Gaining weight requires so much eating that it ceases to be fun.  But!  It got me in the Green (no, not Trump Green), despite my sadistic ancestors, who believed procreation was a Good Idea.   Big fun.  Big, big, fun.....

9 hours ago, Sean said:

No excuse?  Ha!  It means it's :unsure: All Intentional.......

All Intentional!

Intentional!  Many people are saying it!

Intentional!  He means it all!  It's genius, and he's stable, and intentional!

It's based on information theory that Trump learned at MIT!  It's genius!  We are putty in his tiny little hands!  His tiny brilliant hands!

Intentional, I tell you!

3 dime