• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

I've had it with Rhode Island - Where to go?

56 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

No need to travel far....different ways of doing things are  right in your own country.

thats the beauty of having a boat...you can check them out. 

Agreed. Although Tuktoyaktak is 2,300 miles from here, it is in our own country. We will travel the length of BC, bottom to top, then across the North West Territory to the Arctic ocean. Another plan is to ride the mint 83 XS1100 Yamaha to Reno Nevada and back, before donating it to a bike museum. If for some reason, maybe in 10 years or so, we can not use the boat, we might travel by van and trailer to many US places.

This year will be busy with boat work, and work on my property. Unkle Krusty

On 1/27/2018 at 10:05 AM, eric1207 said:

Regarding   "Here, the garbage collectors and the doctors may not live in the same neighborhood but the pay ain't bad..."  http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/24/news/economy/trash-workers-high-pay/index.html

As a retired blue collar worker I am sometimes compelled to defend us.  The pay is good in this instance (ie hasn’t fallen behind inflation in the last 40 years) because they work 55-60 graveyard hrs, often in crappy weather and conditions.  Subtract the 15-20 hr time-and-half OT and their base wage isn't as good as it would seem; considering cost of living in NYC, or a 1 or 2 hr commute on public transportation..  Now compare that life to my tech worker son who I love and respect as any parent would, but who makes 2 or 3 times that, loves his work, doesn’t need a shower when he gets home, takes his free coffee/munchie break in the company cafeteria and often completes his assigned task in less than 40 hrs, whereupon he can tinker on interests (R&D, inventions?) that his employer encourages.  Then he goes out to dinner in the evening or skiing all weekend because he is not bone tired.    Now lets move on to executive compensation....

This is why I am in the tech sector.  More bang for the buck ( or is it buck for the bang?).