widget

Vinyl Graphics/Name

Any good reco’s our there for places to create a vinyl boat name?   

I know Sail22 does some nice ones, but I don’t know that I need anything that fancy.  

The online make your own sites are all pretty straight forward if I can find a font I like, but I’m not sure which one tn go with.

I used Boat/US last year for an Impulse 21.  Easy to apply and just about any font you want.  Name, Reggie No.s , total about $60.00.

Boat US.

Inexpensive and if you screw it up, they send you free replacements.

I used DoitYOurselfLettering.com   had very good results with their product.

184 SW Ring Court, Lake City, FL 32025. phone is 800-550-3883

I used Margaux Marine Graphics (Gig Harbor, WA).  Super easy to work with, good info on which types of vinyl are best, etc.

A graphic designer on my crew helped us with our font selection and kept our design simple.  I cut it myself using a Silhouette Cameo, which many crafty type people have. I used Oracal 651 vinyl which is good for outdoor use. 

Most racers in Seattle use Prism Graphics and they seem to do a great job. 

+1 on doityourselflettering

great service, you can use their fonts or send them a pdf file of what you want

1 hour ago, rmdanko said:

+1 on doityourselflettering

great service, you can use their fonts or send them a pdf file of what you want

+1 Hardest part is choosing the font.  

I used Award & Sports in Saginaw, MI.  They are sailors.  Send Chris a email

chris@awardandsports.com

We send everybody to the sign  shop in our neighborhood.  They give great service. You get to sit down with the person who will actually be making your sign and discuss it.

and

the company does things for the local schools, the people who work there spend their paychecks right here in town, and every time I walk in that  sign Shop they smile and thank me for my business. 

Sometimes their price is a little more than the on line guys who will ship to me from somewhere else.

I cannot imagine why it might get be better to save ten or twenty bucks than to have a good local sign company 

Buy local until your signwriter beats you in the rum race. Then fuck him - unless he shares his rum.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:03 AM, widget said:

Any good reco’s our there for places to create a vinyl boat name?   

I know Sail22 does some nice ones, but I don’t know that I need anything that fancy.  

The online make your own sites are all pretty straight forward if I can find a font I like, but I’m not sure which one tn go with.

https://vinylgraphicworks.com/

This guy. Bill Mann is really easy to work with, has done both of my racing boats and my "house" boat, will do multiple layouts and show you what they look like on your boat before you do it, and stands by his product with replacement lettering if necessary. 

5 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

We send everybody to the sign  shop in our neighborhood.  They give great service. You get to sit down with the person who will actually be making your sign and discuss it.

and

the company does things for the local schools, the people who work there spend their paychecks right here in town, and every time I walk in that  sign Shop they smile and thank me for my business. 

Sometimes their price is a little more than the on line guys who will ship to me from somewhere else.

I cannot imagine why it might get be better to save ten or twenty bucks than to have a good local sign company 

I tried a local (Annapolis) company, and was disappointed - they couldn't seem to understand what I wanted - or didn't have it.  With the on line configurators on some websites I could play around until I got what I wanted.  Price wasn't that important - but I got what I wanted, with less hassle, and a lower price.

2 hours ago, ryley said:

https://vinylgraphicworks.com/

This guy. Bill Mann is really easy to work with, has done both of my racing boats and my "house" boat, will do multiple layouts and show you what they look like on your boat before you do it, and stands by his product with replacement lettering if necessary. 

Second Bill Mann - He has done all of my racing boats and most of my client's boats.     Super responsive - just give him the idea and he'll work with you to make it a reality. 

We got some shiny silver ones. Can't remember who did them for us. Custom font. I think they cost a little more for the mirror finish, but they look badass. Going local was good in this case. 

Animated GIF

1 minute ago, ajbram said:

We got some shiny silver ones. Can't remember who did them for us. Custom font. I think they cost a little more for the shiny finish, but they look badass. Going local was good in this case. 

Animated GIF

That does look SWEET!

Ok, how about fake gold leaf?  Anyone done that?  I'm building a baby boat cradle for my 1st grandkiddy and am getting close to finishing it.  Fake gold leaf would be great. And yes I am too cheap to do the real stuff, I'm into this stupid thing waaaaaay too much already.

2 hours ago, ajbram said:

We got some shiny silver ones. Can't remember who did them for us. Custom font. I think they cost a little more for the mirror finish, but they look badass. Going local was good in this case. 

Animated GIF

That's what I'm talking about! I'm going with the reflective black.  Our local PD cars have done this and it's pretty sharp.  

1 hour ago, DrewR said:

Ok, how about fake gold leaf?  Anyone done that?  I'm building a baby boat cradle for my 1st grandkiddy and am getting close to finishing it.  Fake gold leaf would be great. And yes I am too cheap to do the real stuff, I'm into this stupid thing waaaaaay too much already.

Not quite as classy, but I bet you could find a gold bass boat fleck in vinyl. 

1 hour ago, DrewR said:

Avery makes a Gold Leaf vinyl.  I've installed a couple of gold leaf names with black outlines on flag blue hulls quite nice. 

1 hour ago, DrewR said:

Peissa cacke!

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Peissa cacke!

If Snaggy ever opens a print shop, engraving service, sign shop, gravestone marker company, or Tattoo parlor I am taking all my business there!! 

• Like 1