Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

what is it?

Dammit too slow yes Fareast 37r

1 minute ago, artie_pitt said:

Yes

Yes FarEast 37R

Blur's blog had the scoop on this one. It will be interesting to see what else comes out after boot.  After some quick back and forth with the local rep it sounds interesting.  A lower tech, less carbon,  more affordable version of the Agile 42, which looks pretty tight in my book. 

Sure it may be a PHRF queen, but I bet it's more fun taking the family weekending on this than in a J109/36.7.  Horses for courses I guess. 

I thought it was a Grand Soleil 34--

gs_34_01__lr.jpg

if the figures off Blur are accurate i imagine this will generate a bit of interest.

the below deck layout is a bit strange with respect to the position of the head and the seemingly absent dedicated/seated nav station. 

im a sucker for a dreadnought bow. 

wonder if it'll come with a tiller and/or dual rudder config for the shorthand crowd. 

US140,000 is very reasonable according to the website. This boat ticks most of the boxes for me, but a 42 foot version would be great!

It is also another marina queen.   Nobody in their right mind would cruise on a boat like this.   That pretty blue paint job will look like crap once you drag an anchor over that bow a couple of times.   

What is the advantage of the "reverse raked" (have no idea what the feature is called) bow?  I am sure there is more to it than aesthetics.  Are there rules now that measure length on deck instead of waterline?  I can see disadvantages with docking and anchoring so there must be some benefit through the water.  It does look cool though.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.  Just got back into sailing after a 25 year absence and plumb bows were sort of rare back then!

They look like wavepiercing bows, that is fashonable. But i doubt they qualify as such.

Looks like the a nice fast racer. The dreadnought bow allows for a greater waterline length and the bow goes over the waves clean. Check out the Fareast28R racing against the Farr 28 and the GP 26 on YouTube Key West Race Week or Charleston Race week. The Fareast tracks straight with no hobby horsing unlike the Farrs and GPS. 

The price is obviously going to be easier to swallow seeing that it is Chinese built, however, the quality is there in the build. 

I’m downsizing and selling my 28r, but I’m not happy about it...

On 1/16/2018 at 5:38 PM, Hold Fast said:

the below deck layout is a bit strange with respect to the position of the head and the seemingly absent dedicated/seated nav station. 

wonder if it'll come with a tiller and/or dual rudder config for the shorthand crowd. 

Most definitely on the lack of a nav station.

Less people doesn’t equate to a need to more rudders, the shape of the hull should drive that.   Less weight and to maintain on a single.

tiller option would be cool, but At the price point quoted, I doubt you have much say.   Options=$$$$ and add up Quick.  

My bug bug question is the rig.   Carbon?

I was just thinking the same the other day.   It’s sure been pretty quiet.   I hope that they haven’t abandoned the plan.

They’ll get it out. They have plans to take the line up to 42’. They also have powered catamarans and some other interesting project coming out but not much advertising from the US dealer who concentrates on dinghies and ribs.

Fareast is looking toward expanding the scope of their production toward the growing Asian market so they have a large market to tap into over there and the funding to produce product at a solid price point. 

http://interestingsailboats.blogspot.com/2018/01/fareast-37r-inexpensive-high-quality.html

Have they splashed one of these yet?  I’d love to see one in the flesh.