badlatitude

Congratulations Wisconsin!

Recommended Posts

"Democrat Patty Schactner won a special election for a state Senate seat in Wisconsin Tuesday, scoring a huge upset victory for her party in a district that President Donald Trump handily captured just over a year ago. 

It was the latest in a string of election victories for Democrats since Trump took office, and a sign of hope for the party that the energy from the base and frustration with the president could lead to more wins in November. 

The Associated Press reported that with nearly all returns in, Schactner, the the chief medical examiner for St. Croix County, was winning by more than 1,600 votes. 

Republican Sheila Harsdorf held the seat since 2001, but she left in November to become Gov. Scott Walker’s (R) agriculture secretary. In 2016, Harsdorf won reelection by 26 percentage points, and Trump beat Hillary Clinton by 17 points. Republican Mitt Romney also won the district in 2012."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/patty-schactner-wins_us_5a5ec4e2e4b096ecfca88c03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wake up @warbird,

"A Democrat’s victory in a special election to fill a vacant seat in the Wisconsin state Legislature is “a wake up call for Republicans in Wisconsin,” Gov. Scott Walker wrote on Twitter on Tuesday night. 

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Patty Schachtner, a Democrat, was victorious in Tuesday’s special election for Wisconsin’s 10th Senate District, a Republican-learning district in the northwest part of the state along the Minnesota border. The seat had previously been filled by Sheila Harsdorf, who resigned last November after 17 years in office to join Walker’s administration as Wisconsin’s secretary of agriculture."

  https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/17/scott-walker-wisconsin-patty-schachtner-win-343237?lo=ap_e1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Wake up @warbird,

"A Democrat’s victory in a special election to fill a vacant seat in the Wisconsin state Legislature is “a wake up call for Republicans in Wisconsin,” Gov. Scott Walker wrote on Twitter on Tuesday night. 

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Patty Schachtner, a Democrat, was victorious in Tuesday’s special election for Wisconsin’s 10th Senate District, a Republican-learning district in the northwest part of the state along the Minnesota border. The seat had previously been filled by Sheila Harsdorf, who resigned last November after 17 years in office to join Walker’s administration as Wisconsin’s secretary of agriculture."

  https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/17/scott-walker-wisonsin-patty-schachtner-win-343237?lo=ap_e1

Wisconsin conservatives are tired. Tired of the national union attacks, tired of the big PAC money coming in for the libs, tired of the verbal attacks. Clearly we have given up, surrendered. We are, afterall old white out of touch males. We will be dead soon so now, we really don't care anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, warbird said:

We are, afterall old white out of touch males. We will be dead soon so now, we really don't care anymore. 

That's good news, at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, warbird said:

Wisconsin conservatives are tired. Tired of the national union attacks, tired of the big PAC money coming in for the libs, tired of the verbal attacks. Clearly we have given up, surrendered. We are, afterall old white out of touch males. We will be dead soon so now, we really don't care anymore. 

You're just tired of winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Wisconsin friends, all of them, are tired of the outside political influences and the extremism this brought to the state. This sentiment is regardless of political leanings. We miss the moderate nature of politics. There was belief in the greater common good......

 

 

 

Yeah, yeah, WTFDIK.......?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, badlatitude said:

"Democrat Patty Schactner won a special election for a state Senate seat in Wisconsin Tuesday, scoring a huge upset victory for her party in a district that President Donald Trump handily captured just over a year ago. 

It was the latest in a string of election victories for Democrats since Trump took office, and a sign of hope for the party that the energy from the base and frustration with the president could lead to more wins in November. 

The Associated Press reported that with nearly all returns in, Schactner, the the chief medical examiner for St. Croix County, was winning by more than 1,600 votes. 

Republican Sheila Harsdorf held the seat since 2001, but she left in November to become Gov. Scott Walker’s (R) agriculture secretary. In 2016, Harsdorf won reelection by 26 percentage points, and Trump beat Hillary Clinton by 17 points. Republican Mitt Romney also won the district in 2012."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/patty-schactner-wins_us_5a5ec4e2e4b096ecfca88c03

It is but one tiny step in taking the state back from Walker, his elk, ALEC, and the Koch brothers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, warbird said:

Wisconsin conservatives are tired. Tired of the national union attacks, tired of the big PAC money coming in for the libs, tired of the verbal attacks. Clearly we have given up, surrendered. We are, afterall old white out of touch males. We will be dead soon so now, we really don't care anymore. 

poor-little-victim-tell-me-how-does-it-f

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

It is but one tiny step in taking the state back from Walker, his elk, ALEC, and the Koch brothers.

Yes, but be wary my friend they will only get more creative with their votes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

It is but one tiny step in taking the state back from Walker, his elk, ALEC, and the Koch brothers.

Yes, you can have it. Keep the innercity stupid, hopeless and desperate. Keep the priority of education to enrich teachers  and their pay, pension and benefits. Prevent parents from having a say in the education of children. Insure public employees enjoy the highest pay and lowest expectations. Tax the fuck out of the laborer. Bond every hairbrained public building scheme, the stupid inheritors of the debt won't understand it. Discourage any new private enterprise, thousands of jobs are merely an administrative hassle.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warbird said:

Yes, you can have it. Keep the innercity stupid, hopeless and desperate. Keep the priority of education to enrich teachers  and their pay, pension and benefits. Prevent parents from having a say in the education of children. Insure public employees enjoy the highest pay and lowest expectations. Tax the fuck out of the laborer. Bond every hairbrained public building scheme, the stupid inheritors of the debt won't understand it. Discourage any new private enterprise, thousands of jobs are merely an administrative hassle.

Don't worry; we'll rescue them from the shithole you, Walker and the Koch Brothers have created. We'll remake Wisconsin into a vision of the best of America, not the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, warbird said:

Yes, you can have it. Keep the innercity stupid, hopeless and desperate. Keep the priority of education to enrich teachers  and their pay, pension and benefits. Prevent parents from having a say in the education of children. Insure public employees enjoy the highest pay and lowest expectations. Tax the fuck out of the laborer. Bond every hairbrained public building scheme, the stupid inheritors of the debt won't understand it. Discourage any new private enterprise, thousands of jobs are merely an administrative hassle.

Who pissed in your wheaties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, warbird said:

Yes, you can have it. Keep the innercity stupid, hopeless and desperate. Keep the priority of education to enrich teachers  and their pay, pension and benefits. Prevent parents from having a say in the education of children. Insure public employees enjoy the highest pay and lowest expectations. Tax the fuck out of the laborer. Bond every hairbrained public building scheme, the stupid inheritors of the debt won't understand it. Discourage any new private enterprise, thousands of jobs are merely an administrative hassle.

trophyvictim-209x300.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Who pissed in your wheaties?

Grim Reality.

Edit: AKA The White Man's Burden. His grim reality.

Edited by Ishmael
scotch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warbird said:

Yes, you can have it. Keep the innercity stupid, hopeless and desperate. Keep the priority of education to enrich teachers  and their pay, pension and benefits. Prevent parents from having a say in the education of children. Insure public employees enjoy the highest pay and lowest expectations. Tax the fuck out of the laborer. Bond every hairbrained public building scheme, the stupid inheritors of the debt won't understand it. Discourage any new private enterprise, thousands of jobs are merely an administrative hassle.

Feel better now? Need a nap? 

Return to the days when WI was a model state, not trying to be the northern version of MS or Ala.

Jobs? I thought you would be doing cartwheels over the Foxconn deal. Only going to cost the taxpayers $4.5 billion according to an analysis released today.

Teacher pension System? You mean just about the only fully funded public pension plan in the country? Highest paid public employees? Where. UW faculty are paid 10 to 20 percent below peer institutions.

You are delusional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Don't worry; we'll rescue them from the shithole you, Walker and the Koch Brothers have created. We'll remake Wisconsin into a vision of the best of America, not the worst.

Don't tell me, we are getting Diamond JimDoyle again? Praise the Lord, alleliijah!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, warbird said:

Don't tell me, we are getting Diamond JimDoyle again? Praise the Lord, alleliijah!!!

No, you're not. It's out of your hands now, you get to be a patient observer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Who pissed in your wheaties?

A bunch of lefties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Feel better now? Need a nap? 

Return to the days when WI was a model state, not trying to be the northern version of MS or Ala.

Jobs? I thought you would be doing cartwheels over the Foxconn deal. Only going to cost the taxpayers $4.5 billion according to an analysis released today.

Teacher pension System? You mean just about the only fully funded public pension plan in the country? Highest paid public employees? Where. UW faculty are paid 10 to 20 percent below peer institutions.

You are delusional. ignorant and proud of it.

FIFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, warbird said:

Don't tell me, we are getting Diamond JimDoyle again? Praise the Lord, alleliijah!!!

I think the phrase you are looking for, warbird, is "Democrats won, I have to get over it". ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warbird said:

Don't tell me, we are getting Diamond JimDoyle again? Praise the Lord, alleliijah!!!

I guess winners should be magnanimous, but Fuck You, she won, get over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, warbird said:

Wisconsin conservatives are tired. Tired of the national union attacks, tired of the big PAC money coming in for the libs, tired of the verbal attacks. Clearly we have given up, surrendered. We are, afterall old white out of touch males. We will be dead soon so now, we really don't care anymore. 

I care damnit! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, warbird said:

Wisconsin conservatives are tired. Tired of the national union attacks, tired of the big PAC money coming in for the libs, tired of the verbal attacks. Clearly we have given up, surrendered. We are, afterall old white out of touch males. We will be dead soon so now, we really don't care anymore. 

Whilst fucking the younger generation in ass.......................and making the US the laughing stock of the world.  President-George-W.-Bush-Mission-Accomplished.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

FIFY

Thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sean said:

Next up is a Pennsylvania special election for a House seat. Might be a bridge too far for the Dems, Trump won by 20 points in the district. If this goes blue, it would signal big problems for Team Red in '18.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/trump-play-defense-pennsylvania-ahead-special-election-n838446

I agree with you, but.....

There is a lot of time between now and November. Plenty of time for the Dems to trip over their dicks and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Come Nov people will have had a few months to see the impact of the tax law on their pay checks. If it is more than lunch money, and if people do vote their economic interests, then Dem gains could be lessened. Throw in typical mid-term low turnout, efforts by the GOP to make it harder to vote if you are of a certain demographic, gerrymandered districts, etc and a big blue wave may be reduced to a ripple. 

There are 2 Repub congress critters in Calif. who are not running for re-election. Both won in 2016 by very narrow margins. Those could be pickups for the Dems. 

It will be "interesting" especially if Bone Spurs takes to the twitter world.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, warbird said:

Yes, you can have it. Keep the innercity stupid, hopeless and desperate. Keep the priority of education to enrich teachers  and their pay, pension and benefits. Prevent parents from having a say in the education of children. Insure public employees enjoy the highest pay and lowest expectations. Tax the fuck out of the laborer. Bond every hairbrained public building scheme, the stupid inheritors of the debt won't understand it. Discourage any new private enterprise, thousands of jobs are merely an administrative hassle.

Right. Because everyone knows them dadgum lazy-ass teachers are just a fancy word for welfare.  They all spend an extra couple of years in school themselves and then accept low pay and buying their own classroom supplies and having school administrators rain down nightmarish red tape on their heads, because becoming a teacher is just a get-rich-quick scheme. Be a teacher, easy money!

You really have to be a mean-spirited fuck-head to believe shit like this.

17 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
45 minutes ago, Sean said:

Next up is a Pennsylvania special election for a House seat. Might be a bridge too far for the Dems, Trump won by 20 points in the district. If this goes blue, it would signal big problems for Team Red in '18.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/trump-play-defense-pennsylvania-ahead-special-election-n838446

I agree with you, but.....

There is a lot of time between now and November. Plenty of time for the Dems to trip over their dicks and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Come Nov people will have had a few months to see the impact of the tax law on their pay checks. If it is more than lunch money, and if people do vote their economic interests, then Dem gains could be lessened. Throw in typical mid-term low turnout, efforts by the GOP to make it harder to vote if you are of a certain demographic, gerrymandered districts, etc and a big blue wave may be reduced to a ripple. 

There are 2 Repub congress critters in Calif. who are not running for re-election. Both won in 2016 by very narrow margins. Those could be pickups for the Dems. 

It will be "interesting" especially if Bone Spurs takes to the twitter world.

Right. IMHO the question isn't whether we will get more Democrat politicians in office but whether we will get better gov't. Fascist assholes who want to run the country for the benefit of the wealthiest 1/2% need to get booted out (and booted in the nuts). If we get some Republicans with actual spine (there must be at least a few), that'd be OK.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

I agree with you, but.....

There is a lot of time between now and November. Plenty of time for the Dems to trip over their dicks and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Come Nov people will have had a few months to see the impact of the tax law on their pay checks. If it is more than lunch money, and if people do vote their economic interests, then Dem gains could be lessened. Throw in typical mid-term low turnout, efforts by the GOP to make it harder to vote if you are of a certain demographic, gerrymandered districts, etc and a big blue wave may be reduced to a ripple. 

There are 2 Repub congress critters in Calif. who are not running for re-election. Both won in 2016 by very narrow margins. Those could be pickups for the Dems. 

It will be "interesting" especially if Bone Spurs takes to the twitter world.

 

 

Right. That’s what my “bridge too far for the Dems” was meant to mean. It’s a steep up hill battle for a Dem victory in this district imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Larry Sabato over at the Center for Politics asserted that a midterm election with 1 party in full control, an admittedly small data set, delivers a 22 point disadvantage to the party in power.  Add a 10 point Trump deficit (although Silver is marking an increasing T approval rating since mid December) and any seat with less than a T +30 in 2016 might be up for grabs.  Projection is for D's to get within 12 of taking over the House pretty easily but with some lift could manage it.  I thought someone said that bookies are offering even money on a House shift and 45-55 on a Senate shift.  With the Tea Party getting more out of control, even getting within 10 of a takeover would make R life unpleasant. A flip would be really entertaining with a change in the emphasis on investigations. Not to mention sending actual moderate bills to the Senate; imagine if you will the Senate actually getting bills that could pass a regular floor vote?

 

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/politics/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

I agree with you, but.....

There is a lot of time between now and November. Plenty of time for the Dems to trip over their dicks and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Come Nov people will have had a few months to see the impact of the tax law on their pay checks. If it is more than lunch money, and if people do vote their economic interests, then Dem gains could be lessened. Throw in typical mid-term low turnout, efforts by the GOP to make it harder to vote if you are of a certain demographic, gerrymandered districts, etc and a big blue wave may be reduced to a ripple. 

There are 2 Repub congress critters in Calif. who are not running for re-election. Both won in 2016 by very narrow margins. Those could be pickups for the Dems. 

It will be "interesting" especially if Bone Spurs takes to the twitter world.

 

 

I think the Dems, yes even the Dems, are smart enough to stand to the side and let the various factions of the GOP bludgeon each other. Basically the Dems only need to remind people that they exist and they can be elected any time there is special or general election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Right. Because everyone knows them dadgum lazy-ass teachers are just a fancy word for welfare.  They all spend an extra couple of years in school themselves and then accept low pay and buying their own classroom supplies and having school administrators rain down nightmarish red tape on their heads, because becoming a teacher is just a get-rich-quick scheme. Be a teacher, easy money!

You really have to be a mean-spirited fuck-head to believe shit like this.

Right. IMHO the question isn't whether we will get more Democrat politicians in office but whether we will get better gov't. Fascist assholes who want to run the country for the benefit of the wealthiest 1/2% need to get booted out (and booted in the nuts). If we get some Republicans with actual spine (there must be at least a few), that'd be OK.

-DSK

The teachers were merely , rabidly, following the union dicks. I cant wait until those dicks,head union guys run every part of my state again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Feel better now? Need a nap? 

Return to the days when WI was a model state, not trying to be the northern version of MS or Ala.

Jobs? I thought you would be doing cartwheels over the Foxconn deal. Only going to cost the taxpayers $4.5 billion according to an analysis released today.

Teacher pension System? You mean just about the only fully funded public pension plan in the country? Highest paid public employees? Where. UW faculty are paid 10 to 20 percent below peer institutions.

You are delusional.

I now wish we didn't spend $4.5 bil on foxcon. That number ignores completely the ancillary jobs in service, retailing , construction that such a project involves. I would now rather not let any of those 10000 employees, their families, their grocers, landscapers, builders, retailers, and hookers to enjoy the opprotunity the influx of that,capital affords.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, warbird said:

I now wish we didn't spend $4.5 bil on foxcon. That number ignores completely the ancillary jobs in service, retailing , construction that such a project involves. I would now rather not let any of those 10000 employees, their families, their grocers, landscapers, builders, retailers, and hookers to enjoy the opprotunity the influx of that,capital affords.

Crab Mentality indeed....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

warbird thinks kindergarten exists to expand school funding.

School systems get full per student funding for a half day babysitting task.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, warbird said:

The teachers were merely , rabidly, following the union dicks. I cant wait until those dicks,head union guys run every part of my state again.

Are you really that solidly programmed to hate-hate-hate everything the Republiparrots tell you to hate? Teachers tend to vote Democrat. That's what it's all about, the 'No Child Left Behind' act was Karl Rove's effort to drive an axe into teachers pay...... that's a good way to convince them to switch parties, huh.......

Teachers have tended to vote Democrat ever since Eleanor Roosevelt toured the country listening to them and bringing their grievances to Washington to improve education. I bet you hate her too.

The best way to fight unions is to treat employees fairly. Then they have no motivation to join a union. The hate-hate-hate for unions is straight from the 1%ers who don't want to part with one penny more than they have to. Labor cost is just another cost to be minimized. I mean they're just workers, fuck 'em.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Are you really that solidly programmed to hate-hate-hate everything the Republiparrots tell you to hate? Teachers tend to vote Democrat. That's what it's all about, the 'No Child Left Behind' act was Karl Rove's effort to drive an axe into teachers pay...... that's a good way to convince them to switch parties, huh.......

Teachers have tended to vote Democrat ever since Eleanor Roosevelt toured the country listening to them and bringing their grievances to Washington to improve education. I bet you hate her too.

The best way to fight unions is to treat employees fairly. Then they have no motivation to join a union. The hate-hate-hate for unions is straight from the 1%ers who don't want to part with one penny more than they have to. Labor cost is just another cost to be minimized. I mean they're just workers, fuck 'em.

-DSK

Had the teachers union stuck to negotiating contract I would in the old days not have had a problem. Now, I ambracing the new left that will empower unions with state funds. Hell, I might as well join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sean said:

Right. That’s what my “bridge too far for the Dems” was meant to mean. It’s a steep up hill battle for a Dem victory in this district imo. 

It does seem like an "if Democrats win it, that's a big thing; if the Republicans win it, well, that is kind of expected" situation. Oldest electorate in the state, coal mining & power being large industries in the district, and a fourteen year history of electing a Republican for the seat kind of makes another Republican victory more a local "status quo" than indicative of anything elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, warbird said:

Wisconsin conservatives are tired. Tired of the national union attacks, tired of the big PAC money coming in for the libs, tired of the verbal attacks. Clearly we have given up, surrendered. We are, afterall old white out of touch males. We will be dead soon so now, we really don't care anymore. 

"Tired of the national union attacks..."  Bite my former union member ass you bitter old bastard.  UE Local 506

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, warbird said:

Yes, you can have it. Keep the innercity stupid, hopeless and desperate. Keep the priority of education to enrich teachers  and their pay, pension and benefits. Prevent parents from having a say in the education of children. Insure public employees enjoy the highest pay and lowest expectations. Tax the fuck out of the laborer. Bond every hairbrained public building scheme, the stupid inheritors of the debt won't understand it. Discourage any new private enterprise, thousands of jobs are merely an administrative hassle.

Yeah, because you are so compassionate.  Bitter old bastard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, warbird said:

The teachers were merely , rabidly, following the union dicks. I cant wait until those dicks,head union guys run every part of my state again.

Look you motherfucking bitter old bastard.  The only reason you and your elk hate unions is because they give a voice and power to the working guy and gals, and you fucking bitter white men just hate the idea of anyone else getting some power.  Or some kind of decent life. So much easier to be the only ones buying some influence in Washington.    Fuck you you old bitter bastard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, warbird said:

Had the teachers union stuck to negotiating contract I would in the old days not have had a problem. Now, I ambracing the new left that will empower unions with state funds. Hell, I might as well join.

hes-a-sore-loser-and-he-lost-the-fight.jpg.201093ed231acc8768e575a1ffe7a250.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, warbird said:

See post 39. I think I will join a union now.

There isn't a union in the world that will take your old bitter bastard ass.  There's a photo of you in every union hall in the world.  You won't be welcome, believe me.  Old bitter bastard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, warbird said:

See post 39. I think I will join a union now.

That's right, get on board for the big win!

Personally, I have never joined a union and never needed to. When treated unfairly I just up and quit. But then, I did not have to support a family. A man (or woman) with kids to feed is kind of a hostage to local employment conditions.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Look you motherfucking bitter old bastard.  The only reason you and your elk hate unions is because they give a voice and power to the working guy and gals, and you fucking bitter white men just hate the idea of anyone else getting some power.  Or some kind of decent life. So much easier to be the only ones buying some influence in Washington.    Fuck you you old bitter bastard.

I am thinking "Bridge Tender" will be my,next gig. Or maybe school lunch server. Once on the payroll they can't fire me. The union will have my,back. I bet I can get the timing down to catch a rig or two as a sailboat goes under. Does the "3 second rule" apply to pizza slices in the school lunch line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

=

19 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

.  There's a photo of you in every union hall in the world.  You won't be welcome, believe me.  Old bitter bastard.

My fame preceeds me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

warbird thinks kindergarten exists to expand school funding.

 

This from Pew Research might explain the Warbird phenomenon - http://www.people-press.org/2018/01/18/2-the-2018-congressional-elections/

There also are stark divides across levels of educational attainment. A substantial majority (70%) of registered voters with a postgraduate degree say they would vote for or lean toward the Democratic candidate. A smaller majority (58%) of those with a college degree say the same. By contrast, those with a high school degree or less education are more divided (45% support the Democratic candidate, 48% the Republican candidate).

Among whites, the education divide is even wider. By roughly two-to-one, a majority of whites with a postgraduate degree say they support the Democratic candidate over the Republican candidate (65% vs. 29%). Among whites with a high school degree or less education, the reverse is true: 65% support the Republican candidate, compared with just about a quarter (28%) who prefer the Democratic candidate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Look you motherfucking bitter old bastard.  The only reason you and your elk hate unions is because they give a voice and power to the working guy and gals, and you fucking bitter white men just hate the idea of anyone else getting some power.  Or some kind of decent life. So much easier to be the only ones buying some influence in Washington.    Fuck you you old bitter bastard.

Beginning to wonder if Dabnis and Warbird are related?

F3CFC2F5-AB24-4B78-8877-A10658C75933.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Are you really that solidly programmed to hate-hate-hate everything the Republiparrots tell you to hate?

That would be a resounding yes.

He spouts right wing formula at the same rate as Mutt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mad said:

Beginning to wonder if Dabnis and Warbird are related?

F3CFC2F5-AB24-4B78-8877-A10658C75933.jpeg

How did you find a picture of me and my brother. We're both democrats now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warbird said:

How did you find a picture of me and my brother. We're both democrats now!!

So... the picture is evidence of what growing up Republican does to you? Ouch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Right. Because everyone knows them dadgum lazy-ass teachers are just a fancy word for welfare.  They all spend an extra couple of years in school themselves and then accept low pay and buying their own classroom supplies and having school administrators rain down nightmarish red tape on their heads, because becoming a teacher is just a get-rich-quick scheme. Be a teacher, easy money!

You really have to be a mean-spirited fuck-head to believe shit like this.

-DSK

He’s hardly alone. Lots of people who know exactly what is “wrong” with education, how easy the job is, and how ridiculously overpaid we are. So much so that they would never in a million years consider becoming a teacher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He’s hardly alone. Lots of people who know exactly what is “wrong” with education, how easy the job is, and how ridiculously overpaid we are. So much so that they would never in a million years consider becoming a teacher. 

Did you ever notice that some of the harshest critics of teachers and public education have posts filled with spelling and grammatical errors as well as tortured logic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Did you ever notice that some of the harshest critics of teachers and public education have posts filled with spelling and grammatical errors as well as tortured logic."

And haven't been a school building since Brown v Board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Did you ever notice that some of the harshest critics of teachers and public education have posts filled with spelling and grammatical errors as well as tortured logic.

Yes, I’ve noticed that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He’s hardly alone. Lots of people who know exactly what is “wrong” with education, how easy the job is, and how ridiculously overpaid we are. So much so that they would never in a million years consider becoming a teacher. 

Nothing stupendus about being a teacher, people choose to fight fires , enemies or crime for less. Choice is choice after all. Each has a well published salary / expectaions scale. Don't climb a high horse. Oooops, sorry it is soooo unfair how WI treats teachers now but the new Democrats including me will again stick it to the tax payers to elevate teaching to sainthood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

"Did you ever notice that some of the harshest critics of teachers and public education have posts filled with spelling and grammatical errors as well as tortured logic."

And haven't been a school building since Brown v Board?

And they think that Brown v. Board was a controversy over what color to paint the gym floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warbird said:

Nothing stupendus about being a teacher, people choose to fight fires , enemies or crime for less. Choice is choice after all. Each has a well published salary / expectaions scale. Don't climb a high horse. Oooops, sorry it is soooo unfair how WI treats teachers now but the new Democrats including me will again stick it to the tax payers to elevate teaching to sainthood.

Sorry slick but you don't meet the requirements to be a Democrat. By the way, the word is "stupendous."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, warbird said:

Nothing stupendus about being a teacher, people choose to fight fires , enemies or crime for less. Choice is choice after all. Each has a well published salary / expectaions scale. Don't climb a high horse. Oooops, sorry it is soooo unfair how WI treats teachers now but the new Democrats including me will again stick it to the tax payers to elevate teaching to sainthood.

I don’t remember seeing/hearing/reading anyone say being a teacher isn’t “stupendus”(sic). 

Got any other statements no one made you’d like to argue against?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Did you ever notice that some of the harshest critics of teachers and public education have posts filled with spelling and grammatical errors as well as tortured logic.

Ain't that the truth.

Actually, when a right winger CAN spell and write correctly is when I notice - it's very rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

 

Ain't that the truth.

Actually, when a right winger CAN spell and write correctly is when I notice - it's very rare.

 

"Among whites with a high school degree or less education, the reverse is true: 65% support the Republican candidate, compared with just about a quarter (28%) who prefer the Democratic candidate."

http://www.people-press.org/2018/01/18/2-the-2018-congressional-elections/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Another dead canary in the coal mine.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/981350208809422848

BREAKING: Liberal Rebecca Dallet defeats conservative Michael Screnock in Wisconsin Supreme Court race seen as midterm indicator. @AP race call at 8:57 p.m. CDT. #Election2018 @APracecall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is about time Wisconsin got a good flaming faggoty lefty on the court. It was so unfair when the Conservatives had a 5-2 majority.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, warbird said:

It is about time Wisconsin got a good flaming faggoty lefty on the court. It was so unfair when the Conservatives had a 5-2 majority.

One of our resident ignorant bigots resurfaces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

One of our resident ignorant bigots resurfaces.

Bigot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warbird said:

Bigot?

32 minutes ago, warbird said:

...good flaming faggoty lefty...

Yes. Bigot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured that Warpedbird would be shitting a few bricks for The Wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warbird said:

You don't like flaming or lefty?

faggot: (noun)
NORTH AMERICAN informal offensive
a male homosexual.

What I like or do not like is irrelevant. You're still a bigot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I figured that Warpedbird would be shitting a few bricks for The Wall.

The meltdowns come November will be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I figured that Warpedbird would be shitting a few bricks for The Wall.

Why, we need balance. It is good to finally have a judge on the supreme court in my state that can look after the perpretator of child sexual abuse. After all, the child will grow out of it but the perp doesn't need to stigmatized does he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bent Sailor said:

faggot: (noun)
NORTH AMERICAN informal offensive
a male homosexual.

What I like or do not like is irrelevant. You're still a bigot.

Not specific enough - he's a stupid, ignorant, semi-literate bigot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

faggot: (noun)
NORTH AMERICAN informal offensive
a male homosexual.

What I like or do not like is irrelevant. You're still a bigot.

Many words for Red, is red  offended by "crimson" or "candy ,apple"? Many words for homosexual. Is a homo offended by gay, queer, bent or rump ranger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, warbird said:

Why, we need balance. It is good to finally have a judge on the supreme court in my state that can look after the perpretator of child sexual abuse. After all, the child will grow out of it but the perp doesn't need to stigmatized does he?

Into the sauce again or is it Sundowner Syndrome?

Try again in the AM - maybe you'll make your usual limited sense then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warbird said:

Many words for Red, is red  offended by "crimson" or "candyapple"?

Whilst you're high on whatever shit you're smoking, why don't you ask the colour what it offended by. Then ask the unicorn to tuck you in for a nap - you shouldn't be embarrassing yourself publicly whilst this far out of your head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Into the sauce again or is it Sundowner Syndrome?

Try again in the AM - maybe you'll make your usual limited sense then.

So you are not aware of the candidates backgrounds.  Keep commenting on shit you don't know about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, warbird said:

So you are not aware of the candidates backgrounds.  Keep commenting on shit you don't know about.

Mate, you're the one asking if a colour can get offended. You should stop commenting. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, warbird said:

So you are not aware of the candidates backgrounds.  Keep commenting on shit you don't know about.

I was commenting on you posting off topic gibberish.

We all know a whole lot about you posting gibberish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boo Hoo Hoo

Scott Walker is having a Twitter tantrum over the Supreme Court election result.

M9BiaIpE_normal.jpg

Tonight’s results show we are at risk of a #BlueWave in WI. The Far Left is driven by anger & hatred -- we must counter it with optimism & organization. Let’s share our positive story with voters & win in November.

 

Big government special interests flooded Wisconsin with distorted facts & misinformation. Next, they'll target me and work to undo our bold reforms. We need to keep moving #WIForward & make sure a #BlueWave of outside special interest money doesn’t take us backward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Scott Walker is having a Twitter tantrum over the Supreme Court election result.

Probably thinks that if Trump can pull it off, anyone can.

Share this post


Link to post