BobBill

Front Page - Train Acomin"!

If it had been a car...Jail the arrogant asshat! What's the problem? Take away his license to drive his fargin wheel-chair too! What a dimbo!  As an aside US Navy charged captains of collision ships with criminal negligence...finally.

n

You have to wonder at the competence of a man who admitted that he was driving without being able to see where he was going.  Even an even slightly intelligent man could have come up with something that didn't result in this.  "I fell and could not stand back up due to my disability".  At least then he would have had some sympathy.  But his excuse is just mind boggling.

I mis state...Navy charged the captains with capital murder...as they should have done long ago.

2 hours ago, Grrr... said:

You have to wonder at the competence of a man who admitted that he was driving without being able to see where he was going.  Even an even slightly intelligent man could have come up with something that didn't result in this.  "I fell and could not stand back up due to my disability".  At least then he would have had some sympathy.  But his excuse is just mind boggling.

Common enough from the Swamper in the White House, so why not there?

4 hours ago, BobBill said:

I mis state...Navy charged the captains with capital murder...as they should have done long ago.

You continue to misstate, they are not in danger of being executed so it's not capital murder, in fact it is not even murder which requires pre-planning. They are accused of negligent homicide or more plainly causing the death of another human being through negligent actions. I believe they are facing a max penalty of a few  years in prison. I think these are the appropriate charges but I don't think they will be convicted of them, I think they will be convicted of dereliction of duty, but that is just my feeling.  

Well, shoot me! Were charged with with homicide? Deserve whatever, and long ago. should be in brig...dishonorable loss of pay and benefits is too good for them. Serious...what if were your boss?

I was run down by a 50' power boat at speed on my way back from Catalina.  A yacht club Commodore, was on autopilot and down below.  Right off Redondo Beach, CA.  He tried to leave the scene except that it looked like I was sinking.  No injuries except slight concussion.  Totaled the boat.  Long protracted insurance claim.  I got a new boat.  I suspect he's out there still.

8 minutes ago, southerncross said:

I was run down by a 50' power boat at speed on my way back from Catalina.  A yacht club Commodore, was on autopilot and down below.  Right off Redondo Beach, CA.  He tried to leave the scene except that it looked like I was sinking.  No injuries except slight concussion.  Totaled the boat.  Long protracted insurance claim.  I got a new boat.  I suspect he's out there still.

When younger...in 1967, wife and I went out one night with neighbor, on his cruiser. We were having a few drinks, Tom like his martins a lot. Boaters then and now go from boy to bay to get to places. 

Lake Minnetonka is made up of many bays or lakes, connected by channels, and boaters ...

We left his mooring and cruised across what is called "the big lake," heading for channel to get into another bay and so on. Anyway, I recall, we were going top speed, across that water and Tom and were on the bridge...(was CC with fly-bridge) and it was after dark.The running lights were lit and we could see about half mile or so, as I recall, but Tom was not looking...so I got very nervous and kept and eye out...

We never got close to another boat...and had fun, and I never forgot that night. Rom was the best, but...nary a concern for what might happen, and there but for being scared, to us...The boyo skippering that boat needs to be grounded at best...cannot imagine what the crew was doing.

Moral....one of many...You cannot see, you park.

Which of the guys fishing do you suppose will be charged with BUI?

The typical scene out at Buoy 10 is a freakin zoo.  I can tell you from experience, even chugging along at four knots, it isn't easy to thread a path through...

It's the magic line across the Columbia River Bar where you can start salmon fishing.

0413_spt_Buoy-Ten-1024x521.jpg

Classic unintended consequences.  That line creates safety issues and makes for a very stressful fishing experience for all.  Sorta like the ice line in the Volvo.  Gotta be a better way.