AdmiralBangBang

Footage and Info about 1988 Cup Races?

For a history documentary competition I am examining the 1988 America's Cup challenge. However, I was only able to find one short video on YouTube about the race, and that footage repeats itself many times. Any quality footage of the race dug up would be useful. Info is helpful too. Thanks!

On 22/01/2018 at 4:23 PM, ~HHN92~ said:

Well, I have both races complete, commercials and all. Recorded while I was at work.

I would love to see it as well if you can......

I also have both races, no ads I think.

Back during the cup someone was going to put up torrents, if they were same files I was gonna help out with seeding.

3 hours ago, AdmiralBangBang said:

Really! Can you send them to me! Please!

What kind of time frame are you talking about? I need to get them onto cd's.

So I had a bit of a go at uploading to a filesharing site, was gonna take 72hrs maxing out my poor upload speed & screwing up the connection :(

HNN, I'd want around 30 minutes worth or race footage, you can cut ads out. Thanks!

Edited by AdmiralBangBang
wrong name

and then back to the future

2 hours ago, AdmiralBangBang said:

HNN, I'd want around 30 minutes worth or race footage, you can cut ads out. Thanks!

I was talking about how soon, not how much...

19 hours ago, AdmiralBangBang said:

I need them probably by the beginning of February, latest will prob be the 15th or 16th

Send me a pm with your address info and I'll see what I can do. Probably not enough time to edit the ads out, just raw copying them onto disc. Each one is 3-hours plus, that is a lot of ad time. Maybe I'll edit out some of the boring middle parts, that is easy, get the starts, some middle, then the finish.

Race 2 is the best, the Kiwis mix it up a little and even get the lead, then when S&S round the weather mark you get a glimpse of how fast it could potentially go, it really lights up for a moment.

7 hours ago, ~HHN92~ said:

the Kiwis mix it up a little and even get the lead

More that BBDDC faffed around too much, got a bit too slow too close to windward.

Probably could have just trimmed the wing properly & accelerated out of it in a few secs if they wanted.

44 minutes ago, hoom said:

More that BBDDC faffed around too much, got a bit too slow too close to windward.

Probably could have just trimmed the wing properly & accelerated out of it in a few secs if they wanted.

Like he did on the eventual cross he made, raising the windward hull for a few secs and then setting it right back down?

Something like that yeah.

Would have been nice to actually see that beast put in a proper race performance :(

Any footage of the wimpy non-decision by the court: "Ohhhh, this is tricky, what say you go race, against all AC precedents, while we think about it"