MR.CLEAN

what's wrong with this picture

" Like sailing, public relations requires the skilled management of many variables at once to take ideas to the next level. Using a balanced approach, we act as a boat’s ballast for clients, keeping their goals and objectives moving in the right direction. "

Oh, like a Rawson 30....

• Like 1

I'd say it's just the typically bad job most illustrators do with sailboats,  but no - it's much worse.   They over sell their analogy AND harness it to their complete misunderstanding of everything about sailing,  and even physics.

They may just as well be saying:   "Hire us,  we have No Fucking Clue whatsoever."

I believe  that this ad is an excellent reflection of this pr group,  I know it filled me with inertia.

Oh and I forgot, the principle "raced the Chicago-to-Mackinac Island regatta twice, and dreams of sailing obscure parts of the world. She lives in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood with her labradoodle, Juni". This might be where the sailing olfection of the picture comes from.

that looks like something my 8-9 year old opti group would draw on a rainy day........

you're looking at this all wrong... this is clearly a 'spot the difference' game where you list the difference between the picture and reality:

Loose Luff Main

Outboard immersed the whole time

Asso rigged to sprit pre-launch, but flies off the foredeck

Wheel mounted 90° to what would work

Compass has 4 needles

Marketing speak makes no sense

The last boat don't need better PR. they just need to hike.

I need to stick a passenger on the boom, instead of relying on that old fashioned vang.   

Yeah, but you really can't tell who's ahead until you know what they rate!

planning + execution = results 

Simple arithmetic 

Let’s implement the equation and let the results speak for themselves

C657367E-4646-4BA8-98C7-D30329E64BF4.jpeg

I assume they were thinking if they did something dumb enough they would be free advertising on Sailing Anarchy.  There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Hey Alan maybe "life happened" and this was all they could muster? Maybe they're working on an update, and it will be ready next month??

Or maybe they have really shitty equipment, little actual talent, or maybe just too busy churning out 3-5 podcasts per month? hahahahah

9 hours ago, Alcatraz5768 said:

God that image is the worst. Has words but absolutely no meaning. 

But, but...beautifully politically correct though - with lots of diversity and several genders represented. Wearing life jackets too by the look.

So, all the essential virtue signalling going on. That's the important stuff these days, right? ;)

Im concerned that the crews on each boats are identical, essentially racially profiling the crew's positions -- from the bowman who appears to be a darker type person (i'd mention African American but that will just end in a shit fight, oops was that out loud) all the way back  to the white guy on the helm with his ginger haired "friend"....

I always have had issues with the illustration on the cover of this book. Shouldn't the crew's hair be flying forward going down wind?

North-U.-Fast-Course.jpg

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

I always have had issues with the illustration on the cover of this book. Shouldn't the crew's hair be flying forward going down wind?

North-U.-Fast-Course.jpg

The fuckwits have hoisted the spinnaker sideways in the second shot. What a bunch of hacks.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

The fuckwits have hoisted the spinnaker sideways in the second shot. What a bunch of hacks.

And look at the bottom right hand pic. The fuckwits have used two different cloths. Ha Ha - what ever happened to Norths anyway. Do they still make sails?

North-U.-Fast-Course.jpg

As a retired person, I regularly breathe sighs of relief at having never again to countenance such misguided analogizing.

If you're not blessed with retirement yet, your best option:  go to www.despair.com .

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

North-U.-Fast-Course.jpg

It's all about apparent wind sailing these days, LB. Keep up man. :D

30 minutes ago, AClass USA 230 said:

C’mon guys, it’s a PHRF race!

Friends don't let friends race PHRF~!!!

The only boat without a prod, is the only one flying a chute, disconnected and ahead of the bow, but their tactician is brandishing the world's biggest hand bearing compass.

The biological boom vang gets progressively less bold as you go from first to last place. 

1 hour ago, LionessRacing said:

The only boat without a prod, is the only one flying a chute, disconnected and ahead of the bow, but their tactician is brandishing the world's biggest hand bearing compass.

The biological boom vang gets progressively less bold as you go from first to last place. 

They're ALL flying chutes! The middle one has a womper. I hope Storytelling declared that on their certificate!

Hand bearing compass? I think not! That device is clearly an astrolabe!

astrolabe.jpg.917e7273ebb9728cdf7ae86c10d33876.jpg

Most fake part of that horrible graphic: two gingers on each boat! A ginger tactician?!?! Not on my watch!!

2 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

They're ALL flying chutes! The middle one has a womper. I hope Storytelling declared that on their certificate!

Aint nobody made cross cut chutes in decades. The wire luffs added that special touch 

10 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

It's all about apparent wind sailing these days, LB. Keep up man. :D

Yes but my copy is over 30 years old. Also I was watching WOXI smoking downwind and the skippers hair was just sitting there perfectly.

• Like 1

Yes but my copy is over 30 years old. Also I was watching WOXI smoking downwind and the skippers hair was just sitting there perfectly.

Maybe he fiberglassed it like Trump does.

Ha, ha. But Rico's hair is legendary. 

4 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

A ginger tactician?!?! Not on my watch!!

Chockte harde on thisse oune, funney stuffe........                       :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LB 15 said:

North-U.-Fast-Course.jpg

Maybe, but tomorrow’s another day!

I still look at that cover and wonder how much coke was ingested by the publishers

A638963D-4A18-430F-ABB6-4FE6E4EE46C8.jpeg