snoopy

Australian Yachting Championship 2019

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Ockaroo said:

Sooo where might the Australian Australian Sailing Yachting Sailing Championships be held now? 

 

 

Tip is to coincide with a stupid bike race that's held in a southern (mainland) australian state on what is currently known as Australia Day.  Maybe it will be called the....

Enough clues ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Australian Gouge Australian Sailing Championships Festival of Sail Race Week. How much can they charge for this cluster fuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

Tip is to coincide with a stupid bike race that's held in a southern (mainland) australian state on what is currently known as Australia Day.  Maybe it will be called the....

Enough clues ? 

Heard Taswegia had bitten off more than they could chew, sailing event wise, for Jan 2019. So if it does end up in Pivot City, no doubt they will run the racing half way between the aforementioned bike race and this years venue, thus ensuring that no one with any interest in yachting can see it unless they happen to own a helicopter or Milspec surveillance equipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 10:30 AM, Last Post said:

Heard Taswegia had bitten off more than they could chew, sailing event wise, for Jan 2019. So if it does end up in Pivot City, no doubt they will run the racing half way between the aforementioned bike race and this years venue, thus ensuring that no one with any interest in yachting can see it unless they happen to own a helicopter or Milspec surveillance equipment.

Looks like it..

I just saw on my clubs website that we will be hosting the event now..

 

 
The Australian Yachting Championships will be conducted at RMYS Tuesday January 22 to Thursday January 24 2019.  This is a prestigious event for IRC and multihull boats,  and events to attract AMS fleets will also be included. 
Many on water and off water volunteers will be required and all aspects of RMYS will be showcased to the Australian yachting community.   Charles Meredith, Michael Culhane, Allicia Rae and I met with Lesley Fasala from Australian Sailing last Friday to confirm RMYS as host club.  We will provide regular reports and updates as preparation commences and progresses. 
Matt Solly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Looks like it..

I just saw on my clubs website that we will be hosting the event now..

 

 
The Australian Yachting Championships will be conducted at RMYS Tuesday January 22 to Thursday January 24 2019.  This is a prestigious event for IRC and multihull boats,  and events to attract AMS fleets will also be included. 
Many on water and off water volunteers will be required and all aspects of RMYS will be showcased to the Australian yachting community.   Charles Meredith, Michael Culhane, Allicia Rae and I met with Lesley Fasala from Australian Sailing last Friday to confirm RMYS as host club.  We will provide regular reports and updates as preparation commences and progresses. 
Matt Solly

It’s not surprising that they have moved the championships. Tassie will be a mad house this January with all the kids Sailing let alone putting on the big boat championships as well. 

 

I woulder if it was the AS or the tassie clubs that changed there minds ?

 

pulpit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the Squaddy get this gig. Will be nice for them to have some decent boats on their marina too. Wonder if PC will change their mind about heading to Sydney now that some real competition is coming?

Interstate visitors are just going to love the hike down that pier...not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Last Post said:

Good to see the Squaddy get this gig. Will be nice for them to have some decent boats on their marina too. Wonder if PC will change their mind about heading to Sydney now that some real competition is coming?

My understanding is that PC was planning to be back in Melbourne in Jan. So they were probably planning the S2H and perhaps were going to stick around for the AYC. 

4 hours ago, Last Post said:

Interstate visitors are just going to love the hike down that pier...not.

Whilst it is a pain for old fart owners and the old fart club racers, I'm sure the young and fit crew sailing on the AYC contenders will not care about the walk and will appreciate the sightseeing (Swedish backpackers walking the pier in their bikinis) and the convenience of nearby entertainment.

Sandy is a great club house but it's in the middle of nowhere.  

My crew and I find the biggest hassle of the long pier walk is that in summer it's a long way to walk whilst holding your gut in :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

5224428-3x2-940x627.jpg

 

fb1e477e5ad66c1317dba45b38066e3f?width=1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have walked up and back along the St Kilda Pier for nearly 50 years and it's a lovely stroll with the beach and all its attractions as so well displayed by Hoppy on one side and the moored boats and marina on the other side with the occasional kite-boarder enjoying a ride for added interest. You can get a great coffee at the Kiosk on the end of the Pier too. I am sure the local and interstate visitors for the ASC Regatta will truly enjoy the St Kilda Pier experience.

1830843543_Idyllicstroll.thumb.JPG.7fe8b7a4078209c243cdc2f9324f443f.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should change the title of this tread to reflect the name change to our peak body. I think they call themselves Yachting Monthly now. Or is it Cruising Helmsman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, hoppy said:

 

 

5224428-3x2-940x627.jpg

 

fb1e477e5ad66c1317dba45b38066e3f?width=1

St Kilda cougars? More like this...

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

St Kilda cougars? More like this...

image.jpg

That one in the middle must be the origin of the old tit descriptor "Dead Heat in a Zeppelin race"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adjacent to St Kilda Pier, St Kilda Beach, this afternoon, 1:30 pm Sunday June 3. Air temp 12 Deg C, water temp somewhat less.

SAM_3900.thumb.jpg.28ae2fc048525362126a794108f8bb11.jpgSAM_3902.thumb.jpg.53f0b55f90b3f3b38ebd4994344d2c9f.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SPORTSCAR said:

Adjacent to St Kilda Pier, St Kilda Beach, this afternoon, 1:30 pm Sunday June 3. Air temp 12 Deg C, water temp somewhat less.

SAM_3900.thumb.jpg.28ae2fc048525362126a794108f8bb11.jpgSAM_3902.thumb.jpg.53f0b55f90b3f3b38ebd4994344d2c9f.jpg

 

 

I missed her... Was her high beam on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now