Sign in to follow this  
HudsonRiverMaritimeMuseum

OPTI SAILS NEEDED usable or repairable- deductible donation

We are starting a new youth program and are currently building 6 Optimists of wood here at the Riverport Wooden Boat School at Hudson River Maritime Museum. 

WE NEED of 6 potentially Usable OPTI Sails and are willing to take any in any condition- will repair as needed

Donations are fully tax deductible, happy to provide a receipt.
We also are looking for Sponsors for the program and Those will receive naming rights to the new fleet of OPTIS that we are constructing here.

We are happy to pick them up. 
Please contact us through this ad or contact cblease@hrmm.org directly. 

00N0N_727xmdx3doT_1200x900.jpg.295dd250e08039e96284992fd815612d.jpg00v0v_e1rb2PWRuG8_1200x900.thumb.jpg.66902f57aec914d3eba7eee917d5e464.jpg00101_8LOAttLxXqF_1200x900.jpg.7ddb5169529893ec05ee64fe13caca11.jpg00606_jR5ysYcZ8R0_1200x900.thumb.jpg.eb028f1ca8e91a63a493476660363bf9.jpg

• Like 2

Good for you guys!

I've got a "usable" training sail, I can fold up small and toss in mail.

Address?

• Like 1

Good on you.

Are you getting the kids to help with the building?

That thwart doesn’t look class legal, and using earmuffs as a clamp is very original, and probably not a good idea. Is it an Optimist or a knock off?

2 hours ago, Major Tom said:

That thwart doesn’t look class legal, and using earmuffs as a clamp is very original, and probably not a good idea. Is it an Optimist or a knock off?

I think it's a project intending to teach children a set of skills and values, not a measured in to spec Opti intending to go to Championships..

5 hours ago, Major Tom said:

We have been invaded by Opti mums

On 2/1/2018 at 11:32 PM, VWAP said:

We have been invaded by Opti mums

Not at all, as a boatbuilder I believe that if you call something an Optimist then it should measure as an Optimist, that is part of the skill set you should be passing on to the kids building the boats, if they can’t read a tape measure and a set of rules then don’t call it an Optimist.

2 hours ago, Eddie_E said:

I guess we better not tell him Intensity sails are under $90. The measurements could be 2 mm off.

Already been advised on this lol