Sign in to follow this  
Guitar

Three Bridge Fiasco

No records falling today. Race cam shows boats becalmed but a beautiful day on the bay.

vid.cgi?id=S1213_YAZS&doc=Race%20Deck&i=1&f=256vid.cgi?id=S1213_YAZS&doc=Race%20Deck&i=1&f=310

Looks like they will be fighting a flood for the finish.

Hey Guitar---

There is already a thread started for this year's fiasco:

Oops, looked, but I guess not far enough. Thanks.

We tried anticlockwise, and camped by the pipe organ for an hour. 

Then we noticed that some folks who started clockwise were coming back up the beach after rounding Blackaller - I guess they didn't like the look of the detour to Pt. Diablo that the guys who headed to Redrock from Blackaller were making.  So, we decided to head down to Blackaller anyway and come back up the beach in case the wind picked up - we would at least have knocked off one "bridge".

That worked well and we passed a bunch of boats who played by the rules and were camping in the current North of Anita. We went through the "no go zone" in relief. We made it back to the start line by about 1:30 and the 3kt wind shut down again. So we retired and motored home. 

A beautiful day on the bay. It will be interesting to see if any of the really light multihulls had the juice to make the complete circuit.  

Looks like a Moore might have taken the over all win!!

4 finishers out of 359 entries....

Congratulations to the finishers.

The moore won.  They went TI first, red rock and then Blackhaller. They were the only boat that made it around TI anti-clockwise, though many tried and got stuck. We made it around TI clockwise with a few other moores, but were far behind #66 by the time we made it around.  We saw Paxton on the way to TI as we were beating to RR. He also finished, behind two pitchforks, leading to a grand total of four finishers.

21 hours ago, stinky said:

The moore won.  They went TI first, red rock and then Blackhaller. They were the only boat that made it around TI anti-clockwise, though many tried and got stuck. We made it around TI clockwise with a few other moores, but were far behind #66 by the time we made it around.  We saw Paxton on the way to TI as we were beating to RR. He also finished, behind two pitchforks, leading to a grand total of four finishers.

Pitchforks???,......please.  The proper term is pickle-fork....and yes, we were the first of the "pickle-forks" to finish. ;)

Cheers!!!

-MH

Saturday was a glorious day for a bike ride, sunny and windless. On my way home back over the bridge I saw what must have been 50 boats getting sucked out the gate backwards.  Must have been agony.  

On 1/29/2018 at 10:08 AM, Multihauler said:

Pitchforks???,......please.  The proper term is pickle-fork....and yes, we were the first of the "pickle-forks" to finish. ;)

Cheers!!!

-MH

Nicely done!  I'll make sure to use the proper terms of derision in the future as you blow by those of us dumb enough to haul lead around.