Sign in to follow this  
Mid

“God and Donald Trump.”

Recommended Posts

index.jpg.078014575f1ccc80d14479a9fb2cad8e.jpg

Millions of Americans Believe God Made Trump President

A surprisingly fascinating book explains why.

By AMY SULLIVAN

January 27, 2018
 

Quote

 

There will be no point at which Trump’s most loyal evangelical and charismatic supporters declare they have had enough. Because to do so would be to admit that they were wrong, that God wasn’t behind Trump’s election, and that their Holy Spirit radar might be on the fritz. That it was, after all, about something as temporal and banal as hating his Democratic rival.

 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/27/millions-of-americans-believe-god-made-trump-president-216537

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Millions of Americans believe that angels are real too.

Millions of Americans believe that UFO's are secretly stored at Area 51.

Millions of Americans believe the Moon landings were faked.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg.dce1509ddf32ed3308296582de768f9a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg.ca4a14daaa20995681362660b49e538f.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2018 at 2:47 AM, SloopJonB said:

Millions of Americans believe that angels are real too.

Millions of Americans believe that UFO's are secretly stored at Area 51.

Millions of Americans believe the Moon landings were faked.

 

Millions of Americans believe they will win the lottery.

Millions of Americans believe that dropping out of school is the key to a secure and successful future

Millions of Americans like motorboats more than sailboats

etc etc etc

Scary. Sad, bigly

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2018 at 8:47 AM, SloopJonB said:

Millions of Americans believe that angels are real too.

Millions of Americans believe that UFO's are secretly stored at Area 51.

Millions of Americans believe the Moon landings were faked.

 

Millions of Americans believe in American exceptionalism.  Exceptionally fat, exceptionally stupid, etc. is more like it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mid said:

Untitled.jpg.ca4a14daaa20995681362660b49e538f.jpg

Look out Donny! There's a terrorist from the Middle East behind you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mid said:

Untitled.jpg.ca4a14daaa20995681362660b49e538f.jpg

Almost makes one despair for the future of the USA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Almost makes one despair for the future of the USA.


There are some mightily stupid people there, and lots of others willing to take advantage of them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Almost makes one despair for the future of the USA.

Almost? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morons like that are still a relatively small minority.

I'm still hoping that Trump is only a speed bump.

Next November will be a pretty critical indicator of the future of the USA IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a5fa4dd8fd99f1b62cc063b98a3e91dc--far-side-cartoons-far-side-comics.jpg.ae36817d45bff082559d778dc183db09.jpg

It doesn't take much to imagine the little guy with the hat as tRump.......does it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mid said:

Untitled.jpg.ca4a14daaa20995681362660b49e538f.jpg

Understanding how anyone could consider our current POTUS to be a decent person is difficult for me. I sincerely try to understand how others reach their positions. For that reason I spend time looking at  what his supporters write. 
    
     Odds are I shall not be changing my mind either: 
     My version of that picture would have the Jesus nailed to a cross on the floor. The desk would be on top of that cross.  Christ’s mouth and swelled throat would be stuffed with $1000 bills. Sarah Huckabee would be wearing spiked heels and standing on Christ. Pence would be looking up her skirt and masturbating. Republican Senators and Congressmen would be kneeling in front of the Koch brothers whose flys would be open. The writing implement in  the evil entity’s hand would be a nail dripping with Christ’s blood. The entity standing behind and guiding the writing hand would be Satan. ....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

I sincerely try to understand how others reach their positions.

Just look for the “R” after the name. Easy peazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus definitely would have looked more like Osama Bin Laden than Charlton Heston.

If he materialized behind President Fuckwit, reaching for the pen hand, he would be shot. If he survived the shooting, he would be flown to Guantanamo and waterboarded daily.

The religious nuts don't seem to mind his hate speech, racist history, numerous sexual assault allegations, over 3,500 lawsuits brought by people who didn't get paid for work done, serial bankruptcies, dubious relations with Russian Big Money groups, and above all his fucking ridiculous hair.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2018 at 2:47 AM, SloopJonB said:

Millions of Americans believe that angels are real too.

Millions of Americans believe that UFO's are secretly stored at Area 51.

Millions of Americans believe the Moon landings were faked.

 

You left out chiropractors and astrologists

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see your ram on a wire and raise you a turtle on a post.....IMG_2850.thumb.JPG.36a2ea2afa80e3a9c3f8fdfc1e613b9d.JPG.c79cc2d7c6deb2acf69ccd95309f1b86.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 4:12 PM, Hillary said:

You left out chiropractors and astrologists

I left out a whole lot of moronic shit - ran out of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I left out a whole lot of moronic shit - ran out of time.

Most importantly Mormons are missing from the list.  

While any religion is an amusing melange of illusion, delusion and fantastic thinking, at least the major ones try to instill some good values.  How anybody can think that the ravings of a sex addicted liar, thief and con man would form the basis for a religion based on selfish, narrow needs, and has a reasonably large following is an indication of the truly venal human nature, and is truly mind boggling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

But she's buying a stairway to heaven!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

"For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

But she's buying a stairway to heaven!!!

Buying a stairway to heaven is every bit as likely to get you there as praying your ass off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everytime I see that picture I think god must really love tRump to give him a reach around......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even Jesus couldn't reach around that blimp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I left out a whole lot of moronic shit - ran out of time.

People who take Jack seriously ....

OK ... that would be the definitive null set 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 2:28 PM, Gouvernail said:

Understanding how anyone could consider our current POTUS to be a decent person is difficult for me. I sincerely try to understand how others reach their positions. For that reason I spend time looking at  what his supporters write. 
    
     Odds are I shall not be changing my mind either: 
     My version of that picture would have the Jesus nailed to a cross on the floor. The desk would be on top of that cross.  Christ’s mouth and swelled throat would be stuffed with $1000 bills. Sarah Huckabee would be wearing spiked heels and standing on Christ. Pence would be looking up her skirt and masturbating. Republican Senators and Congressmen would be kneeling in front of the Koch brothers whose flys would be open. The writing implement in  the evil entity’s hand would be a nail dripping with Christ’s blood. The entity standing behind and guiding the writing hand would be Satan. ....

Donald's hands look pretty small there....

and this whole thing is disturbing. I used to think that evangelicals probably did try to live what they profess. Clearly, I was incorrect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The louder people profess their Christianity, the less Christian they are in their lives.

Almost invariably.

It's much like those pathetic guys who constantly talk about how much they get laid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump Evangelical Adviser Says You Don't Need Flu Shots When You Have Jesus

“Inoculate yourself with the word of God," says Gloria Copeland.

Quote

 

A controversial minister linked to President Donald Trump said flu shots aren’t necessary when you have Jesus.

“Inoculate yourself with the word of God,” urged Gloria Copeland, who with her husband co-founded the Kenneth Copeland Ministries in Texas. 

Both serve on Trump’s evangelical advisory board.

 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/gloria-copeland-flu-jesus_us_5a792055e4b00f94fe944ac8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is she with poisonous snakes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 5:07 AM, Ed Lada said:

How anybody can think that the ravings of a sex addicted liar, thief and con man would form the basis for a religion presidency based on selfish, narrow needs, and has a reasonably large following is an indication of the truly venal human nature, and is truly mind boggling.

It seems to apply equally well today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never forget: after Trump commented on Charlottesville, over a dozen members of his Business Advisory Council resigned, so many that he had to shitcan the whole thing. 

ONE pastor (AR Bernard) quit the Evangelical Advisory Council.  Not only did Trump not have to disband it, a half dozen of its members (including, even, a latino and a black dude) made a point of defending Trump.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg.42453e0c5d19927ad9e334dff59e1711.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have known very few dogs who, given the opportunity would not sneak a piece of meat off of a low table when no human was watching...... I have known a a few who would not, but.....

I know very few humans who, given the opportunity to advance their positions at the detriment to all but their very best friends (And even then, sometimes), in anonymity, who would not do so.

 Given the choice between a human who claims piety, and a dog..... I'll take the dog thank you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are bumper stickers for that.

"The More I Know People The More I Like My Dog"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice if Trump was a purely imaginary being, just like the Big Old Guy up there in the clouds with his beard and blue eyes and white skin.........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would also be nice if God was real, suddenly materialized next to Trump, and happened to be the 6-armed blue-skinned Indian guy with an extra eye in his forehead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump declares America 'a nation of believers' at National Prayer Breakfast

Quote

Although Trump did not explicitly campaign as a religious leader, he has promoted himself as a defender of religious faith and has touted the centrality of God to American civic life. His administration's policies, such as rolling back the ObamaCare contraception mandate, appointing pro-life judges and declaring Jerusalem the capital of Israel have all served to boost already strong evangelical support for the president.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/08/trump-declares-america-nation-believers-at-national-prayer-breakfast.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The difference between the two: God does not have delusions of being Donald Trump.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here, watch this bullshit.  We don't need no stinkin 1A.  

Fuck Trump and his hypocrisy especially this fake religious belief bullshit.

The President and anyone in Congress need to stop this bull shit referring to god.  By refraining from actually naming a religion to skirt the 1 A is not acceptable.  

We are not a Christian nation, no matter how many people believe or say that.  To refer to the US as such is completely wrong and violates the 1 A.  It needs to stop.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 6:38 AM, Steam Flyer said:

Millions of Americans believe they will win the lottery.

Millions of Americans believe that dropping out of school is the key to a secure and successful future

Millions of Americans like motorboats more than sailboats
 

Millions of Americans like NASCAR

Millions of Americans like Bud Lite

Millions of Americans think Jesus doesn't see you watching porn on the internet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HardOnWind said:

Millions of Americans like NASCAR

Millions of Americans like Bud Lite

Millions of Americans think Jesus doesn't see you watching porn on the internet.

And most troubling of all, millions of Americans still like Trump.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 4:28 PM, Gouvernail said:


     My version of that picture would have the Jesus nailed to a cross on the floor. The desk would be on top of that cross.  Christ’s mouth and swelled throat would be stuffed with $1000 bills. Sarah Huckabee would be wearing spiked heels and standing on Christ. Pence would be looking up her skirt and masturbating. Republican Senators and Congressmen would be kneeling in front of the Koch brothers whose flys would be open. The writing implement in  the evil entity’s hand would be a nail dripping with Christ’s blood. The entity standing behind and guiding the writing hand would be Satan. ....

Agent: That's quite an act. What do you call it?

Gouv: THE ARISTOCRATS!

 

 

with apologies to Sol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Christ born a Palestinian and a Jew....?

Definitely not a tRump demographic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, madohe said:

Wasn't Christ born a Palestinian and a Jew....?

Yep. Died a Jew too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Trump is conflicted.  The hard core Religious Right tells him to love Jesus and love the Jews.  But they also tell him to hate the Palestinians.  So the cognitive dissonance makes him a little dizzy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure god likes Trump...... In the way a cat likes a half dead mouse....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“This Evil Is All Around Us”

Trump’s pick for the CIA, Mike Pompeo, sees foreign policy as a vehicle for holy war.

Quote

In June 2015, Rep. Mike Pompeo, a Kansas congressman, headlined a “God and Country Rally” at Wichita’s Summit Church. “To worship our lord and celebrate our nation at the same place is not only our right, it is our duty,” he began. Pompeo’s speech was a mishmash of domestic culture war callouts and dark warnings about the danger of radical Islam. He cited an inflammatory prayer that a pastor named the Rev. Joe Wright once delivered before the Kansas State Legislature: “America had worshipped other Gods and called it multiculturalism. We’d endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyle.” He lamented government efforts to “rip faith from our schools” and then segued immediately into a discussion of the jihadi threat: “This evil is all around us.” Pompeo concluded by describing politics as “a never-ending struggle … until the rapture.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/01/mike_pompeo_trump_s_pick_for_the_cia_wants_a_holy_war.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spanish_inquisition_monty_python.thumb.jpg.9a4e0a1f9b25f6ca1a1014559c9ac75c.jpg

'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise... our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency... Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pastor Begley: Melania Trump Demanded Spiritual Cleansing of WH, Removal of Pagan, Demonic Idols

Michael W. Chapman
By Michael W. Chapman | February 8, 2018 | 1:04 PM EST
 
screen_shot_2018-02-08_at_12.37.59_pm.pn
(Screenshot: YouTube) 
Quote

 

While commenting on President Donald Trump's very public support for Christianity, as well as the frequent Bible studies and prayer gatherings held at the White House, evangelical Pastor Paul Begley said first lady Melania Trump demanded that the White House be spiritually cleansed and that pagan, demonic items and artificats from the Obama and Clinton years be removed.

Melania Trump reportedly said, "I’m not going to go into that White House unless it has been completely exorcised," according to Pastor Begley. One thing was left, a cross on the wall. "They cleansed the White House," he said.  "They had people in there anointing it with oil and praying everywhere.”

Pastor Begley made his remarks during the Feb. 2 edition of Weekend Vigilante, hosted by Sheila Zilinsky. 

 

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/pastor-begley-melania-trump-demanded-spiritual-cleansing-white-house-removal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YCNMTSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mid said:

 "They had people in there anointing it with oil and praying everywhere.”

screen_shot_2018-02-08_at_10.56.39_am.pn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mid said:

YCNMTSU

How else are you going to get it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 7:13 PM, SloopJonB said:

The louder people profess their Christianity, the less Christian they are in their lives.

Almost invariably.

It's much like those pathetic guys who constantly talk about how much they get laid.

Or how much they hate gay people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the pastor's declaration.

“I won’t deny that he began to take his clothes off and propositioned me, but I will deny, on a stack of Bibles with God as my witness, that I did nothing."

He's denying that he did nothing? That's quite the double negative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I really like the pastor's declaration.

“I won’t deny that he began to take his clothes off and propositioned me, but I will deny, on a stack of Bibles with God as my witness, that I did nothing."

He's denying that he did nothing? That's quite the double negative.

He's good with Doggy words...

 "I’m standing by my story. It’s not true."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, VhmSays said:
38 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I really like the pastor's declaration.

“I won’t deny that he began to take his clothes off and propositioned me, but I will deny, on a stack of Bibles with God as my witness, that I did nothing."

He's denying that he did nothing? That's quite the double negative.

He's good with Doggy words...

 "I’m standing by my story. It’s not true."

Hey, if he denies it vigorously and totally, then he should not have his life destroyed by unprovable accusations. I mean, so what if there are witnesses or even pictures. The man denies it. That's good enough for the Trumpettes.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Hey, if he denies it vigorously and totally, then he should not have his life destroyed by unprovable accusations. I mean, so what if there are witnesses or even pictures. The man denies it. That's good enough for the Trumpettes.

-DSK

But, he Denied "doing nothing"  - so that means, he did something....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

But, he Denied "doing nothing"  - so that means, he did something....

A double negative seems to equate to a pervy pastor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was in a car with a naked and bound man and he did nothing?

Any way you look at it there's no good outcome for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

He was in a car with a naked and bound man and he did nothing?

Any way you look at it there's no good outcome for him.

That there deserves quoting, I'm not sure why.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

He was in a car with a naked and bound man and he did nothing?

Any way you look at it there's no good outcome for him.

Hey, it's a great big world out there with millions and millions of people. Odds are, right at this very moment, there are thousands of people in cars with naked bound men. All kinds of things happen in the universe!

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

. Odds are, right at this very moment, there are thousands of people in cars with naked bound men.

1,000's .... I'll take a large against that .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 2:28 PM, Gouvernail said:

Understanding how anyone could consider our current POTUS to be a decent person is difficult for me. I sincerely try to understand how others reach their positions. For that reason I spend time looking at  what his supporters write. 
    
     Odds are I shall not be changing my mind either: 
     My version of that picture would have the Jesus nailed to a cross on the floor. The desk would be on top of that cross.  Christ’s mouth and swelled throat would be stuffed with $1000 bills. Sarah Huckabee would be wearing spiked heels and standing on Christ. Pence would be looking up her skirt and masturbating. Republican Senators and Congressmen would be kneeling in front of the Koch brothers whose flys would be open. The writing implement in  the evil entity’s hand would be a nail dripping with Christ’s blood. The entity standing behind and guiding the writing hand would be Satan. ....

+1  that's what I see, as well as trump depositing a steaming load of digested Big Mac into pence's mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mid said:
23 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

. Odds are, right at this very moment, there are thousands of people in cars with naked bound men.

1,000's .... I'll take a large against that .

Oh, c'mon. Out of a population over 7 billion people, half of them are men. Out of 3 and a half billion, how many are likely to be naked in a car at any given moment? How many are tied up, naked, in a car? A smaller number, I grant you, but still.......

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 3to1 said:

+1  that's what I see, as well as trump depositing a steaming load of digested Big Mac into pence's mouth.

Two boys, one cup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens in the privacy of one’s bucket (seat)...,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg.151d50b5e9d596d345723631d45d3ce5.jpg

 

5a8c900248af2_51EthUf7rcL._SX329_BO1204203200_.jpg.a6b738ebf897894f899cf40537c15c75.jpg

Based on extensive inside sources, including exclusive interviews with the President and Vice President, The Faith of Donald J. Trump explores his rarely discussed, but deeply important, religious beliefs and relationships with leading Evangelicals.

The Chief Political Correspondent for the Christian Broadcasting Network and the "Jesus in the Public Square" columnist for the Washington Times explore the rarely discussed, but deeply important, religious beliefs and worldview of Donald J. Trump and his advisors.

https://www.amazon.com/Faith-Donald-Trump-Spiritual-Biography/dp/0062749587

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now THAT'S funny. :lol:

I wonder how often the word Mammon appears in that book?

If it was a movie it would have been direct to DVD and appeared in the discount bin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mid said:

Untitled.jpg.151d50b5e9d596d345723631d45d3ce5.jpg

 

5a8c900248af2_51EthUf7rcL._SX329_BO1204203200_.jpg.a6b738ebf897894f899cf40537c15c75.jpg

Based on extensive inside sources, including exclusive interviews with the President and Vice President, The Faith of Donald J. Trump explores his rarely discussed, but deeply important, religious beliefs and relationships with leading Evangelicals.

The Chief Political Correspondent for the Christian Broadcasting Network and the "Jesus in the Public Square" columnist for the Washington Times explore the rarely discussed, but deeply important, religious beliefs and worldview of Donald J. Trump and his advisors.

https://www.amazon.com/Faith-Donald-Trump-Spiritual-Biography/dp/0062749587

 

Should be in the fiction section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mid said:

The Faith of Donald J. Trump 

index.jpg.cd1d5fe4839e03c0444d87faaa347ec6.jpgwhen-youre-a-star-they-let-you-do-it-grab-4559170.png.84ab20024f80ded5c7af726c4d34506b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mid said:

index.jpg.cd1d5fe4839e03c0444d87faaa347ec6.jpgwhen-youre-a-star-they-let-you-do-it-grab-4559170.png.84ab20024f80ded5c7af726c4d34506b.png

The deeply important, religious beliefs and worldview of Donald J. Trump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tRumps God is Money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

‘Brought to Jesus’: the evangelical grip on the Trump administration

Quote

 

As Donald Trump finds himself ever more dependent on them for his political survival, the influence of Pence, Pompeo and the ultra-conservative white Evangelicals who stand behind them is likely to grow.

“Many of them relish the second coming because for them it means eternal life in heaven,” Andrew Chesnut, professor of religious studies at Virginia Commonwealth University said. “There is a palpable danger that people in high position who subscribe to these beliefs will be readier to take us into a conflict that brings on Armageddon.”

 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/11/trump-administration-evangelical-influence-support?CMP=twt_gu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this