Sign in to follow this  
10thTonner

The RC 44 Is a Great Boat ! ! !

I haven't got that class on screen, but MAN! the boats in that video are looking good! Wat are you girls comlaining about? Rich owners? Come on!

44ers, slim as WOXI, actually going upwind... and you can hike like a man, not hang over the fucking gut cutters like damp laundry!!!

Need a trimmer? Sign me up anytime! B)

• Like 2

Watched the RC44 World tour event in San Diego a few years back. Fabulous boats and fierce competition.  The key is they're container boats so international shipping costs are minimized:

"The stern of the boat is removable to allow the transportation length to be less than 40 feet. The keel fin attachment is also easily detachable and the mast is assembled in two parts, enabling all equipment to be stored and transported on a flat deck container to anywhere in the world."

I like it. and somehow it seems a bit odd that the Ed is running a rant on the frontpage that the boat is outdated while he sails a refurbished old boat himself. If rich owners come together to race a certain class, and they enjoy it, good on them. being an active racer, I quite fancy the idea of a pre set boat tour, where the boats are ready to go at the dock when I arrive. if I had the money and a busy company, I would like to go this route as well. and it is less of an arms race for tweaking as the tp52. 

49 minutes ago, JMOD said:

I like it. and somehow it seems a bit odd that the Ed is running a rant on the frontpage that the boat is outdated

I think he hates the (co)designer more than he hates the boat

Add that these boats are not chumps, all carbon fiber, 61% ballast, ultra-fathead mains, poleless sprit asso kites.  I was astounded about how fast gybing and sail transitions were.  And the helm is quite responsive,  saw some ducks and luffs where the boats spun on a dime.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 6:07 PM, chuso007 said:

I think he hates the (co)designer more than he hates the boat

this. RC apparently doesn't take him seriously enough and he has his panties al up in a wad. 

These machines raced in Bermuda prior to the AC and there were very impressive to watch up close out on the race course.  Sure it's pro's and wealthy guys, but someone has to do it !  It's no different in some respects to the big money running WOX, Black Jack etc   All sailing is good.  

• Like 1