• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sean

Kelly in trouble?

There's only so much trouble one can get into at that level, hell, we had admitted torturers in there about a decade ago and nothing happened to them, but at least they weren't shy about admitting it...or even bragging about it. This is different. 

That said, the issue with clearances is a sort of a biggie to Kelly, it's both the letter and intent of the regs he violated. It's the first rule of counter intelligence that secrets which are big enough that someone could plausibly use one to compromise one of your peeps are a strict no-no. If one of your guys is fucking a goat, it is only useful to Boris Badenov if the goat fucker is trying to keep his fetish on the QT. If he's fucking goats on the corner of 1st and Main at high noon and bragging about it...it's not a security risk. Yeah, you have to can him on general principles, but his boss doesn't get pulled on the carpet for knowing about it and not getting his clearance yanked immediately. Boris could have had that guy providing him with everything crossing the POTUS's desk, theoretically. Probably not really though. Porter may have been accurately judged by Kelly to be the sort of guy who would've bitten the bullet and resigned if he had been blackmailed.  

As the press is reporting it now, the boys in CI knew about Porter's problem, which was only a theoretically huge security risk because of the political nature of that position, and refused to issue anything other than a temp clearance because of it. Kelly had to have been informed. He should have told Porter to either make a public confession or GTFO. It was stupid to think this wouldn't surface at some point. Maybe Kelly is having a hard time finding good people he can trust to come to work there. Just a wild guess...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark K said:

There's only so much trouble one can get into at that level, hell, we had admitted torturers in there about a decade ago and nothing happened to them. 

That said, the issue with clearances is a sort of a biggie to Kelly, it's both the letter and intent of the regs he violated. It's the first rule of counter intelligence that secrets which are big enough that someone could plausibly use one to compromise one of your peeps are a strict no-no. If one of your guys is fucking a goat, it is only useful to Boris Badenov if he is trying to keep it on the QT. If he's fucking goats on the corner of 1st and Main at high noon and bragging about it...it's not a security risk. Yeah, you have to can him on general principles, but his boss doesn't get pulled on the carpet for knowing about it and not getting his clearance yanked immediately. Boris could have had that guy providing him with everything crossing the POTUS's desk, theoretically. Probably not really though. Porter may have been accurately judged by Kelly to be the sort of guy who would've bitten the bullet and resigned if he had been blackmailed. 

As the press is reporting it now, the boys in CI knew about Porter's problem, which was only a theoretically huge security risk because of the political nature of that position, and refused to issue anything other than a temp clearance because of it. Kelly had to have been informed. He should have told Porter to either make a public confession or GTFO. It was stupid to think this wouldn't surface at some point. 

One of her ex wives wrote about it in her blog some time ago. But, you know, she's' probably just a bitch, not to be trusted. As always, "pics or it didn't happen". Unfortunately for Porter, pics happened. 

2 minutes ago, Mark K said:

There's only so much trouble one can get into at that level, hell, we had admitted torturers in there about a decade ago and nothing happened to them. 

That said, the issue with clearances is a sort of a biggie to Kelly, it's both the letter and intent of the regs he violated. It's the first rule of counter intelligence that secrets which are big enough that someone could plausibly use one to compromise one of your peeps are a strict no-no. If one of your guys is fucking a goat, it is only useful to Boris Badenov if he is trying to keep it on the QT. If he's fucking goats on the corner of 1st and Main at high noon and bragging about it...it's not a security risk. Yeah, you have to can him on general principles, but his boss doesn't get pulled on the carpet for knowing about it and not getting his clearance yanked immediately. Boris could have had that guy providing him with everything crossing the POTUS's desk, theoretically. Probably not really though. Porter may have been accurately judged by Kelly to be the sort of guy who would've bitten the bullet and resigned if he had been blackmailed. 

As the press is reporting it now, the boys in CI knew about Porter's problem, which was only a theoretically huge security risk because of the political nature of that position, and refused to issue anything other than a temp clearance because of it. Kelly had to have been informed. He should have told Porter to either make a public confession or GTFO. It was stupid to think this wouldn't surface at some point. 

When it comes to hitting women, it isn't just he possibility of blackmail that is a danger.  People that engage in spouse abuse at a minimum have anger issues and control issues. These are not valuable traits in people charged with handling very sensitive information.  I wouldn't trust Porter to do the right thing at anytime.  If he is as stand up as you claim, then he would have turned down the position in the beginning, knowing full well the abuse would be revealed.  Kelly may have been a general officer, but I am pretty sure that he doesn't know as much about human nature as he thinks he does.  Kelly probably relates to Porter to a point, because generals like to be in control too.

Many very successful people have psychological issues that they hide well.  Some of the most disturbed people are often described as Porter has been, in glowing terms.  I am not talking about psychotic, full blown crazy people, I am talking about your garden variety, seething cauldrons of psychopathology.  They are everywhere among us, it is practically the human condition.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sean said:

Like fish in a barrel -

apologies all , started a thread on this before seeing that it is already under discussion , hopefully the redundant thread has gone away .

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

One of her ex wives wrote about it in her blog some time ago. But, you know, she's' probably just a bitch, not to be trusted. As always, "pics or it didn't happen". Unfortunately for Porter, pics happened. 

Of course the ex wives were bitches that deserved it.  They always make the men do it, the man really doesn't want to hit her but the women make them.  

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that shit...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mid said:

apologies all , started a thread on this before seeing that it is already under discussion , hopefully the redundant thread has gone away .

If we had a thread for every one, we’d be up to something like 38 by now. 

• Like 1

Mick Mulvaney emerges as possible next chief of staff if Trump dismisses John Kelly: report

Mick Mulvaney, a former South Carolina congressman who now serves as U.S. President Donald Trump’s budget director, is a leading contender to replace White House chief of staff John Kelly, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Mulvaney, who was recently named to lead the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on an interim basis, is the top choice if Trump dismisses Kelly over his handling of domestic abuse allegations involving one of his closest aides, according to one of the people.

Mulvaney has become one of the White House’s most effective messengers for a president who values telegenic qualities in his administration officials. He is scheduled to appear Sunday on Face the Nation, the day before the Office of Management and Budget is scheduled to release its fiscal 2019 budget blueprint.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/02/09/trump-chief-of-staff-john-kelly-says-hes-willing-to-resign-over-white-house-abuse-scandal.html

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

He brings back the Mooch as CoS.  Just when you think the asshole in chief had nowhere to go...lower.

Cite? Speaking of sick jokes...

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Cite? Speaking of sick jokes...

Cite?  I made it up but the shit I make up is more sane than the truth.

18 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Speaking from bitter observation, the first person such assholes take their hurt pride out on is the one you are trying to save from them in the first place. Oh, they'll stew on it a bit first but then when they think they can get away with it, they start it again. Once they get it in their head that the victim is going to allow it, there is nothing outsiders can do to scare them off that power trip outside repeatedly breaking their hands and kneecaps.

Elbows are good. Hard to do much damage with 2 smashed elbows. Even one makes life quite difficult, as I found out when I fell 3.6m off a ladder onto a concrete floor.

But yes, the least worst solution is a serious geographical separation - the niece of a friend of mine now resides in a different State thanks to a violent ex-partner. Other solutions were seriously considered, but this was the least worst/drastic.

I will observe that it *really* doesn't pay to piss off an extended farming family with access to lots of land, earthmoving equipment and other useful machinery.....

FKT

Hmmm..there's a lot of angry/disapointed women in the rustbelt.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/02/10/as-list-of-trump-white-house-scandals-grows-so-does-womens-disapproval/?utm_term=.386ed8d4f6d4

“In the Rustbelt states that decided 2016, Trump has slipped into a much more precarious position with these women: Gallup put his 2017 approval with them at 45 percent in Pennsylvania, 42 percent in Michigan, and 39 percent or less in Minnesota, Iowa, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Compared to his 2016 vote, his 2017 approval among blue-collar white women in the Rustbelt represented some of his largest declines anywhere — 18 percentage points in Ohio and 19 in Wisconsin and Minnesota.”

Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel delivered senior White House staff a memo at the end of 2017 showing how poorly the GOP was doing with women. If Trump and his supporters do not make significant changes, GOP lawmakers who support Trump’s agenda may endure the wrath of American women who are fed up with the president.

46 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Hmmm..there's a lot of angry/disapointed women in the rustbelt.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/02/10/as-list-of-trump-white-house-scandals-grows-so-does-womens-disapproval/?utm_term=.386ed8d4f6d4

“In the Rustbelt states that decided 2016, Trump has slipped into a much more precarious position with these women: Gallup put his 2017 approval with them at 45 percent in Pennsylvania, 42 percent in Michigan, and 39 percent or less in Minnesota, Iowa, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Compared to his 2016 vote, his 2017 approval among blue-collar white women in the Rustbelt represented some of his largest declines anywhere — 18 percentage points in Ohio and 19 in Wisconsin and Minnesota.”

Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel delivered senior White House staff a memo at the end of 2017 showing how poorly the GOP was doing with women. If Trump and his supporters do not make significant changes, GOP lawmakers who support Trump’s agenda may endure the wrath of American women who are fed up with the president.

Good Republican women follow the council of their husbands and fathers, when it comes to the voting booth.   Women belong in the home until the children are raised, and should limit their political activity to subsidizing (Christian) religious indoctrination, opposing birth control and banning all abortion.

;)

Actually this is corn belt theology.  The rust belt is more open minded.

8 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Cite?  I made it up but the shit I make up is more sane than the truth.

Well nothing is impossible with this administration, that’s already been proven. 

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation. Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?

7:33 AM - 10 Feb 2018

On both sides Mr Trump?
Not once have I seen this bullying coward  say ANYTHING in support of victims of any kind..not women, not minorities, not the poor nor the disabled. Not the sick or drug addicted or the old.

image.jpeg.fd54ad69810326dbafccfb7101a9dcf9.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Senators demand answers from White House chief of staff, counsel on Rob Porter

A group of twelve Democratic senators sent a letter Friday to chief of staff John Kelly and White House counsel Don McGahn asking when they first knew of the domestic abuse allegations against Porter by his ex-wives.

"We recognize that you and the President have tremendous discretion in deciding whom to hire to work in the White House," the letter read. "However, we are troubled by published accounts suggesting that you decided to hire Mr. Porter despite the fact he could not get a security clearance and that you were aware of the specific domestic violence allegations made against him."

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/10/politics/democratic-senators-white-house-rob-porter/index.html

remember this.

Does anyone seriously believe that Trump doesn't physically hurt women?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-women-unearthed-1994-primetime-interview-nancy-collins-938176?utm_source=twitter

“Psychologists will tell you that some women want to be treated with respect," he told Nancy Collins in a never-released 1994 transcript from ABC’s 'Primetime Live.' "I tell friends who treat their wives magnificently, get treated like crap in return, 'Be rougher and you’ll see a different relationship.'"

In 1994, I interviewed Donald and Marla Trump at Mar-a-Lago for ABC ‘s Primetime Live, where I was a correspondent. 

Let’s talk about women. Your feelings toward them seem conflicted, even chauvinistic, confusing since you adore and respect your mother so much.

I have great relationships with women, my mother, Ivana, Marla, my female executives are better than the men: tougher, smarter.

So why in 1992 did you tell a writer for New York magazine, Marie Brenner, that ‘You have to treat women like shit” — ultimately pouring a bottle of wine down her back?

I didn’t say that. The woman’s a liar, extremely unattractive, lots of problems because of her looks.

That statement is exactly why women think you’re a chauvinist pig.

They’re right — and not. People say, "How can you say such a thing?" but there’s a truth in it, in a modified form. Psychologists will tell you that some women want to be treated with respect, others differently. I tell friends who treat their wives magnificently, get treated like crap in return, “Be rougher and you’ll see a different relationship.’ Unfortunately, with people in general, you get more with vinegar than honey.

Not with smart women. How did such a proponent of marriage get labeled a womanizer?

I’d love to reframe that, never liked it. It’s been perpetrated by the press probably because when I was single I had women friends on the good-looking side. But again, I think marriage is a great institution, doesn’t always work, but I believe in it.

So what happened to your marriage with Ivana?

A great misconception is I left Ivana for Marla. Marla had nothing to do with it, but leaving my wife for another woman makes a better headline. Our marriage hadn’t been working for three or four years.

Did you try to save it?

Unfortunately, I just let it meander. I’m much more indecisive in my personal life than everything else I do. I should’ve confronted the situation, sat down with Ivana, told her, "Let’s work it out or not. Do something.” We didn’t even see a marriage counselor, but I determined that marriage was over.

Ivana had not. She was shattered finding out about Marla, wanted you back, even getting a face-lift, wept telling Liz Smith you no longer wanted her sexually — all of which was played in worldwide media.

It was wild and woolly. Marla hated it, went into hiding and people started wearing “Where’s Marla” T-shirts. She finally talked to ABC — a freebie when we’d been offered millions.

With your money you actually wanted to be paid? No shame!

Why not? You’re embarrassed for a day in the papers but have a million bucks in your pocket.

Back to your marriage with Ivana. What do you think went wrong?

My incredible success could have been a part of the problem. Everything I touched turned to gold. I’m in my thirties and my whole thing is going through the roof. Our life was so big, so perfect, it put tremendous strain on our marriage. I thought, "I don’t have time for the marriage." I don’t blame Ivana, she’s beautiful, a great mother — I just started getting bored. Everything was just too ... easy. Maybe Ivana and I once had passion, maybe something, but it was really too much too soon.

It was like the Twilight Zone episode where a man dies and someone says, "You can have any wish you want.” [He says], “I want to win everything, never lose." He goes into business, every deal works; he plays golf, wins every time. Everything was perfect. So he tells the man, "I want something else to happen. This can’t be heaven." And he says, "It’s not. It’s Hell.”

Was there a precipitating event?

We had a great relationship for several years ... I was 100 percent faithful, loved Ivana ... then I asked her to take over Trump Castle. Putting your wife to work is a very dangerous thing — the single biggest reason my marriage stopped being good, my fault more than hers. I thought, “Ivana’s a great homemaker, mother, but I’ll give her something really exciting to do” — like raising kids wasn’t the most important job in the world. “Why don’t you run Trump Castle?” She knew nothing about casinos but she’d been with me. If you’re smart, you’re smart. She jumped at it, did a nice job, but I can hire someone to do that.

I don’t want to sound like a chauvinist, but when I come home at night and dinner’s not ready I go through the roof. But I got handed casino numbers. After 12 hours dealing with my companies, I didn’t want to talk business. I can instantaneously shut it off, my survival mechanism. But she’d be yelling into the phone with the casino; I didn’t want my wife shouting like that. Ivana had a great softness that disappeared. She became an executive, not a wife.

• Like 1

I didn’t say that. The woman’s a liar, extremely unattractive, lots of problems because of her looks.

The definitive Trump response.

58 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The definitive Trump response.

Odd how consistent Trump is.

Just found the original Brenner piece that set him to tip wine down her back (wouldn't do it to her front of course)

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/07/donald-ivana-trump-divorce-prenup-marie-brenner 

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Just found the original Brenner

tRump has been a piece of shit for a long time , that's a given .

scary thing is the supporters who are so far up his arse that there is no way out for them .

hopefully decent Americans , whom I believe are the absolute majority btw , will get off their collective lazy fat arses and actually vote .

• Like 1

Is John Kelly looking at prison?

Because of Porter’s history he was unable to obtain permanent security clearance, and his interim clearance expired on January 15th. The FBI expressed concern about Porter handling classified information, yet it appears John Kelly let it happen anyway (link). This led Congressman Ted Lieu, an Air Force veteran and JAG officer with a law degree, to spell out just how much criminal culpability there may be here.

http://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/criminal-porter-trump-kelly/7874/

Rob Porter is my ex-husband. Here’s what you should know about abuse.

White House counselor Kellyanne Conwaysaid Sunday that she has no reason not to believe statements that Jennifer Willoughby and I have made about our ex-husband, former White House aide Rob Porter. I actually appreciated her saying that she at least did not not believe us. 

But I was dismayed when Conway, appearing on CNN’s “State of the Union,” went on to say that she does not fear for White House Communications Director Hope Hicks, who has reportedly been dating Porter. “I’ve rarely met somebody so strong with such excellent instincts and loyalty and smarts.” 

Borrowing Conway’s words, I have no reason not to believe her when she says that Hicks is a strong woman. But her statement implies that those who have been in abusive relationships are not strong.

I beg to differ.

Recognizing and surviving in an abusive relationship take strength. The abuse can be terrifying, life-threatening and almost constant. Or it can ebb and flow, with no violence for long periods. It’s often the subtler forms of abuse that inflict serious, persistent damage while making it hard for the victim to see the situation clearly.

For me, living in constant fear of Rob’s anger and being subjected to his degrading tirades for years chipped away at my independence and sense of self-worth. I walked away from that relationship a shell of the person I was when I went into it, but it took me a long time to realize the toll that his behavior was taking on me. (Rob has denied the abuse, but Willoughby and I know what happened.)

Telling others about the abuse takes strength. Talking to family, friends, clergy, counselors and, later, the FBI, I would often find myself struggling to find the words to convey an adequate picture of the situation. When Rob’s now ex-girlfriend reached out to both Willoughby and me, she described her relationship in terms we each found familiar, immediately following up her description with “Am I crazy?” Boy, I could identify with that question.

Then there is the just-as-serious issue of being believed and supported by those you choose to tell. Sometimes people don’t believe you. Sometimes they have difficulty truly understanding what you are trying to tell them. Both Willoughby and I raised our cases with clergy. Both of us had a hard time getting them to fully address the abuse taking place. It wasn’t until I spoke to a professional counselor that I was met with understanding. 

Leaving and putting the pieces of your life back together take strength. Willoughby had to obtain a protective order as she was trying to extricate herself from her marriage. I had to take an extended leave from graduate school because I was depressed and unable to complete the work. When I finally left Rob for good, my self-confidence was so destroyed that I was too scared to apply to any jobs other than that of server at a restaurant. It has taken me years to get my professional life back on track.

Victims are often with their abusers for long periods of time. They marry them, become financially intertwined with them, have children with them. There are many reasons people find it difficult to leave. The bottom line is, it takes strength to pull yourself away and start over.

I never imagined myself in the situation I’m in now — no one could have. I’m not a partisan. I’m not an activist — far from it, in fact. Willoughby and I didn’t seek to tell our stories in such a public way. Rather, others sought us out in the course of investigating Rob.

I also never imagined I would be in an abusive relationship.

Being strong — with excellent instincts and loyalty and smarts — does not inoculate a person against abuse. It doesn’t prevent her from entering into a relationship with an abuser. Abuse often doesn’t manifest itself early on — only later, when you’re in deep and behind closed doors. The really ugly side of Rob’s abuse only came out after we married, following three years of dating.

Abuse comes in many forms. It is visited on the poor and the rich, the least educated and the most, people with a strong and deep network of friends and family and those without a support structure. And an abusive nature is certainly not something most colleagues are able to spot in a professional setting, especially if they are blinded by a stellar résumé and background.

Conway’s statements were made as she was trying to address the good wishes that President Trump sent to Rob, along with his tweets seeming to call into question the allegations and the #MeToo movement overall. Monday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders again declined to say whether the president believes Willoughby and me. While I cannot say I am surprised, I expected a woman to do better. But Conway and I definitely agree on one thing she said during that interview: “There’s a stigma and a silence surrounding all these issues. . . . Those who are in a position to do something about it ought to.”

People need to reach out to Hope Hicks.  She's clearly in danger. Her boss thinks it's okay to grab women by the pussy and her boy friend is a serial abuser.  Let's get her to a women's shelter. 

9 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

People need to reach out to Hope Hicks.  She's clearly in danger. Her boss thinks it's okay to grab women by the pussy and her boy friend is a serial abuser.  Let's get her to a women's shelter. 

She can stay at my place. I’m sure Wifey won’t mind.

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

She can stay at my place. I’m sure Wifey won’t mind.

I"d put her up at my place just for the chance of beating the shit out of Porter when he comes sniffing around. 

• Like 2

They just can’t help themselves. 

NY Times -

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/us/politics/rob-porter-fbi-background-check.html

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — Christopher A. Wray, the F.B.I. director, contradicted on Tuesday the White House timeline about the domestic abuse scandal involving Rob Porter, the president’s former staff secretary. Mr. Wray said that the bureau delivered to the White House a partial report on problems in Mr. Porter’s background in March, months earlier than the White House has admitted receiving the information.

• Like 1

"What did the President know and when did he know it"?

We seem to be hearing that a lot more frequently and a lot earlier with Trump than we did with Nixon.

One of the most troubling aspects of this administration is that it doesn't seem to matter. Lying and outrageous behaviors are expected it seems. "Normalized".

Looks like Kelly needs to go. He should have cleaned up his house:  from CNN

(CNN)FBI Director Chris Wray upended the White House's stated timeline of information about disgraced aide Rob Porter on Tuesday, as he outlined when the agency briefed officials on the matter.

The White House was repeatedly briefed on the FBI's background investigation into the former White House staff secretary that uncovered allegations of domestic abuse before those allegations became public, Wray said.
"I can't get into the content of what was briefed to the White House ... What I can tell you is that the FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation in question in March. And then a completed background investigation in late July. That soon thereafter, we received request for follow-up inquiry and we did the follow-up and provided that information in November and that we administratively closed the file in January," Wray said during congressional testimony Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

One of the most troubling aspects of this administration is that it doesn't seem to matter. Lying and outrageous behaviors are expected it seems. "Normalized".

28 minutes ago, Sean said:

They just can’t help themselves. 

Part of the culture, yes. But it soon caught up with them.

Here's the lie that broke the camel's back, corrections welcome.  Kislyak called Flynn in a panic, butt hurt because Obama had just deposed 40 spy families, and had seized two spy mansions. Kislyack happened to catch Flynn on a beach.  Later, Flynn casuzlly lied to the FBI about the monitored conversaton. Sally Yates got hair on fire from the transcript.

The intent to decieve the Americal people was a charge made against Nixon. It would land Sarah H Sanders in the pokey.

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

(CNN)FBI Director Chris Wray upended the White House's stated timeline of information about disgraced aide Rob Porter on Tuesday, as he outlined when the agency briefed officials on the matter.

The White House was repeatedly briefed on the FBI's background investigation into the former White House staff secretary that uncovered allegations of domestic abuse before those allegations became public, Wray said.
"I can't get into the content of what was briefed to the White House ... What I can tell you is that the FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation in question in March. And then a completed background investigation in late July. That soon thereafter, we received request for follow-up inquiry and we did the follow-up and provided that information in November and that we administratively closed the file in January," Wray said during congressional testimony Tuesday.

Lies! You know the FBI is lying to save their own skin. Obama got to Wray somehow, maybe threatened to turn him into a newt if he didn't cooperate with the Deep State.

There, just saved Jack and Dog a bunch of time typing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hermetic said:

administrative closure

that's bad - means clearance status no longer in limbo

yep - they kept a guy on staff that they KNEW wouldn't ever get clearance. 

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I look forward to seeing how SHS spins this in today's briefing after yesterday's performance.

Q: And additionally, we’ve reported, and others have too, that Don McGahn, over a period of months, was told repeatedly by the ex-girlfriend, by the FBI, by others in the White House, about these accusations, and didn’t do anything. Can you explain why no action was taken by Don McGahn, the chief White House lawyer?

SHS:Those allegations that have been reported are not accurate.

Hmm. Who to believe???

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
13 minutes ago, hermetic said:

administrative closure

that's bad - means clearance status no longer in limbo

yep - they kept a guy on staff that they KNEW wouldn't ever get clearance. 

i'm not sure of that

if he had been upfront to the fbi about hitting his exes and gfs, while it should make him unemployable in the wh, I don't know that it would prevent him from getting a clearance

11 minutes ago, hermetic said:

i'm not sure of that

if he had been upfront to the fbi about hitting his exes and gfs, while it should make him unemployable in the wh, I don't know that it would prevent him from getting a clearance

The blackmail possibilities. 

1 hour ago, hermetic said:

i'm not sure of that

You are unsure they kept him as staff after knowing he wouldn't get a clearance? That's proven fact.

Whether they knew he was a wife-beating asshole when they hired him is unproven and probably not true.

i'm not sure of that

You can be sure if it. They closed the case. Meaning the FBI was never going to grant him clearance. And it comes out today that the guy was goin to get promoted

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, Ed Lada said:

Many very successful people have psychological issues that they hide well.  Some of the most disturbed people are often described as Porter has been, in glowing terms.  I am not talking about psychotic, full blown crazy people, I am talking about your garden variety, seething cauldrons of psychopathology.  They are everywhere among us, it is practically the human condition.

Wasn't there a recent report or study that claimed that 1 out of 3 or something like that, CEO's are psychotic?

3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

i'm not sure of that

You are unsure they kept him as staff after knowing he wouldn't get a clearance? That's proven fact.

Whether they knew he was a wife-beating asshole when they hired him is unproven and probably not true.

no, all I'm saying is I'm unsure if being a wife beater precludes you from getting a final clearance.  especially if there was no police report / arrest.

I'm quite sure the guy should not be / should never have been working at the wh

Wasn't Kelly supposed to bring professionalism and such? Just goes to show that anyone Trump touches goes to shit. He is toxic.  How is Kelly going to explain this?

The FBI submitted information to the White House on its background investigation into the former White House staff secretary that uncovered allegations of domestic abuse four times before those allegations became public, Wray told the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday. The FBI director's testimony raises fresh questions about why Porter remained in a senior position after the White House learned of the allegations of domestic abuse leveled by two of Porter's ex-wives to the FBI -- extending a controversy the White House has struggled to shake.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/13/politics/christopher-wray-white-house-rob-porter/index.html

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

i'm not sure of that

You can be sure if it. They closed the case. Meaning the FBI was never going to grant him clearance.

that's not what administrative closure means

40 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

You can be sure if it. They closed the case. Meaning the FBI was never going to grant him clearance. And it comes out today that the guy was goin to get promoted

The FBI doesn't grant security clearances. They investigate the person, and make recommendations as to whether the person should be granted security clearance.... In this case, I believe it would be up to the WH to grant, or not, security clearance.

6 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

The FBI doesn't grant security clearances. They investigate the person, and make recommendations as to whether the person should be granted security clearance.... In this case, I believe it would be up to the WH to grant, or not, security clearance.

Thanks for the clarification 

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Thanks for the clarification 

Anytime.... I only found this out last night..... Or I think I did. I've had a fever with cough for the last few days, and somethings that may have happened, may not have.

56 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Wasn't there a recent report or study that claimed that 1 out of 3 or something like that, CEO's are psychotic?

Psychopathic - it's different.

26 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Psychopathic - it's different.

Yeah, they are very different.

Woe be to you if you end up with the rare psychotic psychopath boss.

2 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Yeah, they are very different.

Woe be to you if you end up with the rare psychotic psychopath boss.

Okay Ed, you are the expert here, so give me the "Definitions for Dummies" version of the difference, please?  Thanks!

3 hours ago, jocal505 said:

The intent to decieve the Americal people was a charge made against Nixon. It would land Sarah H Sanders in the pokey.

oh how that would be so funny

3 hours ago, NautiGirl said:

I look forward to seeing how SHS spins this in today's briefing after yesterday's performance.

Hmm. Who to believe???

43 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Okay Ed, you are the expert here, so give me the "Definitions for Dummies" version of the difference, please?  Thanks!

Sure.  A psychotic person has lost contact with reality.  These are the folks that have hallucinations, major delusions, etc.  In other words, they are fucking nuts.   A psychopath is a person entirely devoid of empathy, they don't care one bit about other people's feelings.  It just doesn't even cross their mind.  That's why these people are capable of unimaginable crimes against others.  But they are sane in that they are in touch with reality.  True psychopaths are rare, far more common are their milder cousins, the sociopath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

I don't believe it would be the white house granting the clearance - as I don't think they are an 'agency'

probably homeland security or maybe doj covers wh employees

and keep in mind that administratively closed is not denied

6 minutes ago, hermetic said:

I don't believe it would be the white house granting the clearance - as I don't think they are an 'agency'

probably homeland security or maybe doj covers wh employees

and keep in mind that administratively closed is not denied

NSA I think.... I just read the wiki on it, but it's still a bit confusing...

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

Sure.  A psychotic person has lost contact with reality.  These are the folks that have hallucinations, major delusions, etc.  In other words, they are fucking nuts.   A psychopath is a person entirely devoid of empathy, they don't care one bit about other people's feelings.  It just doesn't even cross their mind.  That's why these people are capable of unimaginable crimes against others.  But they are sane in that they are in touch with reality.  True psychopaths are rare, far more common are their milder cousins, the sociopath.

Sounds EGGZACKLY like the Presidunce, Dolt 45???  Grab them by the pussy, then when the banks cut you off, you simply practice money laundering some Oligarchs dirty money, by selling them Real Estate, etc.  Wash, Rinse & Repeat, ad nauseum.....  And then the morons in his country elect him to the highest office.  The fall of Rome is about to repeat itself in flaming, explosive fashion....

36 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Sounds EGGZACKLY like the Presidunce, Dolt 45???  Grab them by the pussy, then when the banks cut you off, you simply practice money laundering some Oligarchs dirty money, by selling them Real Estate, etc.  Wash, Rinse & Repeat, ad nauseum.....  And then the morons in his country elect him to the highest office.  The fall of Rome is about to repeat itself in flaming, explosive fashion....

I forgot about, don't pay the little people who do contract work for you, putting small, hardworking Americans, out of business, including an entire small town in PA, who did all the fiberglass statue like things for the failed TAJ casino, 6 Bankruptcies, cheated on 3 wives, etc...

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

It's been said for a long time.

Lock her up was said for a long time. I don't care for Hillary especially, but I hated to hear that, even once. 

I've tried to keep an open mind about Russian involvement until Mueller acts. As of now, the known murkiness is so dark that I don't need Mueller's details to conclude that something is SERIOUSLY wrong here, and being handled poorly. The available defenses for future Russian hacking are not yet being presented by the prez? 

Since Porter was buds with Kelly, Kushner, and Hope, they made up the stable center of the craziness on a daily basis. Porter is gone, taken out ironically by an ex who was pushing buttons in the WH. I think Porter being gone is a wastershed thing here. Trump doesn't have a bench to produce another Porter with the same chemistry.

10 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Sarah said they have confidence in him.  That usually means 2 days left.

He becomes part of the Friday news dump.

33 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

He becomes part of the Friday news dump.

It's turned into the Friday staff dump. No problem, call Kelly Services.