Gouvernail

Who Would You Like To See Running In 2020

My guy, Al Frankenstein, held his hands in front of a woman’s breasts and almost certainly killed his chances. 

At this time I really don’t have anybody in mind who Is young enough to serve. 

I have been a fan of Biden since I first heard him explain the Iran situation when Carter was still President .  I think he really comprehends the Middle East but he has never lit up the electorate here at home and is now ancient. 

The POTUS election is hugely about celebrity and right now NO ONE is a celebrity but the guy in the White House. 

I am concerned Time is rapidly running out for ANY candidate to develop a sufficient following to unseat the sitting guy. 

Anyway.. just for grins, I will say Biden 

Who’s your “I wish he would announce right now and give it a go??”

Note: if you want the current guy to go for term two, lay out  your case . 

We agree on one thing, I would also prefer that to Pence. 

Better choice than Trump:

Hunter S. Thompson

Opus & Bill

An Easter Cactus called "Elmer"

A pound of unsalted butter

Everybody in Ethiopia

The Giant Rat of Sumatra

Just off the top of my head.

• Like 1

Hickenlooper.

It's not that I necessarily like him, but rather that his appeal to the Millennials is intact.

And even he is a little on the old side. I suspect that our next president will be less than 40 years old, from the Democratic Party, and like Trump, he will have come into politics after a career in business. The age of career politicians is a little cooked, at least for one more President.

Also Frankenstein isn't done, I suspect that he'll back at some point.

Someone under 50. Preferably a women. She has to be good looking because voters are pathetic. 

For the democrats it must be a powerful transgender, bi racial  , muslim convert  with an electric car who only eats natural foods and believes in the power of free stuff. 

• Like 2

Preet Bhahara

elizabeth warren

Janet Yellen

Mueller

All of them are at least as qualified as many previous candidates, they are capable managers with ability and ideas, and I’d like to hear their campaigns. It would be interesting and DT would be enraged 100% of the time... he’d probably blows gasket (if he hadn’t already resigned by then.)

She's Hindu. Muricans aren't ready for that. She checks a lotta boxes tho; particularly her approach to the Norks. She's a vet, too. But it's still Tulsi Who?

On to reality though, I'm gussing it'll be Bernie V2.0 vs Biden in the septuagenarian 'cool grandpa' fight on the democrat side and "Trump vs Trump" in the septuagenarian "Angry Grandpa vs senility" fight on the other side where Trump shadowboxes against a hologram of speeches he's given in the past.   Biden V Trump in the finals and Biden gets the honor of being the oldest president ever.

What ya gunna do when Boomers and gen x are all dead?

Dig em up and stuff them..have em lying around in urns on THE DESK?

Christ you need a clean out.

I wonder if any of the Kardashians are interested?

Kim and Kanye maybe.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Tulsi Gabbard

1207FAEE-0FE7-4CD6-ABCC-0F323BF19065.jpeg

Agreed.  Unfortunately, the fact that she is a Hindu (which, to many people, will be she is a foreigner) will not be an asset.

Maybe she'll be the 2nd name on a ticket headed by a player to be named later.

24 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Agreed.  Unfortunately, the fact that she is a Hindu (which, to many people, will be she is a foreigner) will not be an asset.

Maybe she'll be the 2nd name on a ticket headed by a player to be named later.

Defacto President Tulsi with a figurehead white  nursing home Grandpa President that can’t work the tv remote would be an electable solution.

Bernie’s Jewish heritage makes him as evil as a Hindu lady to many conservatives in the Midwest.   It would have to be Biden to gain the crossover bigot vote. 

1 minute ago, hermetic said:

cuomo / holder  versus  trump / pence

You don’t think Pence will try to run on his own?

2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Preet Bhahara

elizabeth warren

Janet Yellen

Mueller

All of them are at least as qualified as many previous candidates, they are capable managers with ability and ideas, and I’d like to hear their campaigns. It would be interesting and DT would be enraged 100% of the time... he’d probably blows gasket (if he hadn’t already resigned by then.)

I could support Mueller - diametrically opposed to the outlook and approach that the others have espoused.   I'd be interested in hearing what platform Nikki Haley, Condoleeza Rice, Jeanne Shaheen, or Susan Collins would proffer.   Haven't given it much thought, actually, but there are several Governors who've done well for their states, I actually thought Kasich would have been a better nominee than Bush or Trump.  

Kasich and Flake in the R primary? Flake has dropped a couple of hints about running.

If Biden gets in, his VP needs to be a viable candidate on his/her own because I think he would do 4 years and done.

In the name of all that is holy, please let us not have Hillary in there again.

* I don't care if Bozo the Clown, Hank the wino from behind the dumpster, and Pol Pot's corpse want to run as Rs, just having ANYONE primary Trump is worth watching.

8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
14 minutes ago, hermetic said:

cuomo / holder  versus  trump / pence

Oh Hell no... 

come on, think of the cuomo / trump debates - worst mash up of the english language imaginable.  pure comedy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hermetic said:

come on, think of the cuomo / trump debates - worst mash up of the english language imaginable.  pure comedy

I don't know about you, brudda - but, I'd rather let the comedians and satirists make comedy from political fodder rather than having or elected reps be so lame that they ARE the comedy. 

How seriously do the Dems want to play the identity politics game?

Julian Castro; could put Texas in play. Kristen Gillibrand but since NY is already blue not much of an EV vote advantage. Tulsi Gabbard but she would need a major PR campaign to get known and actually add something to the ticket.

I'd like to see a 55 year old (or even younger) version of Joe Biden and a female VP.

20 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
27 minutes ago, hermetic said:

I don't know about you, brudda - but, I'd rather let the comedians and satirists make comedy from political fodder rather than having or elected reps be so lame that they ARE the comedy. 

public rational political debate on policy is a thing of the past

Pelosi.  She's awesome.  Smart, well spoken and doesn't come across as a dingbat at all.

Adam Schiff is 56, smart and Jewish.

2 out of 3 won't work, unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Adam Schiff is 56, smart and Jewish.

2 out of 3 won't work, unfortunately.

Been listening to him, and reading his opinions - he's the kind of careful, considerate thinker that both parties need more of. 

• Like 1

I may - for the first time in my life - register as an R or a D, depending on which primary looks more interesting.

BTW - I miss the days when Rs wanted to keep Ds from giving the store away. Now the Rs want to give it away too, just to different people :rolleyes: Hey, wasn't this the cover story of the Tea Party, that no one else was paying attention to cash in and out?

Hillary...It's her turn. (And if it wasn't for the Russians)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I would like to see Donald Trump running from the cops.

While we are wishing... I'd like to see Hillary running in an orange pantsuit with numbers. :D

• Like 1

Biden/Warren

Stability and experience with a touch of Bernie optimism.

Romney/?

Morality and a return to the '50's. Can't think of a VP candidate untainted by Tea/Trump

3 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Larry Sharpe

He took a strong stand on adults not having sex with 14 year olds, and everyone in the military being an immoral hired killer

http://reason.com/blog/2018/02/07/larry-sharpe-libertarian-candidate-for-g

i love it when the libertarians remind everyone that they are the minor league party and always will be.

4 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Would love to see Romney but the Christian Right will never get over the polka dot undies. 

It wasn't the Christian Right that did him in.  He won the nomination.

Remember the Axlrod playbook - destroy the man, destroy his business, run against the ghost of Bush, profit.

9 hours ago, slug zitski said:

For the democrats it must be a powerful transgender, bi racial  , muslim convert  with an electric car who only eats natural foods and believes in the power of free stuff. 

Comrade Slug Trollski, you just described your guy. God yer dumb.

image.png.e92b8e8a9d5790bd20e456a28248c2e8.png

Kasich should primary Trump in 2020. I highly doubt Trump will get renominated anyway, most likely because he will quit before 2020. If he seeks reelection, every leading R must be so sick of this buffoon that the party will start running Trump Who? ads.

6 minutes ago, lasal said:

Kasich should primary Trump in 2020. I highly doubt Trump will get renominated anyway, most likely because he will quit before 2020. If he seeks reelection, every leading R must be so sick of this buffoon that the party will start running Trump Who? ads.

If Iowa is any guide -

9ACF4476-9EA7-425A-9076-02FAE5A20068.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

If Iowa is any guide -

9ACF4476-9EA7-425A-9076-02FAE5A20068.jpeg

I hope those 'definitely Trump' voters enjoy writing in his name. Better start practicing. Tee, arh, oo,

9 hours ago, slug zitski said:

And for Sluggo, anybody with a 2 digit IQ will do.

For the unAmerican party Kamala Harris/Tulsi.

For the patriot party Jeff Flake, Lindsey Graham or Bob Corker.  Pick two.  It would be nice if there was no chance to win if you had the stink of Trump on you.  Still think at some point Americans will be as likely to say they were Trump supporters as a Frenchmen was to say he was pro Vichey ten years after WW2, even though there were shitloads of both.

51 minutes ago, 2slow said:

For the unAmerican party Kamala Harris/Tulsi.

For the patriot party Jeff Flake, Lindsey Graham or Bob Corker.  Pick two.  It would be nice if there was no chance to win if you had the stink of Trump on you.  Still think at some point Americans will be as likely to say they were Trump supporters as a Frenchmen was to say he was pro Vichey ten years after WW2, even though there were shitloads of both.

What about the Republicans? Who should they nominate? I guess Pence would fall in line behind your “Patriot”, but who will represent Russian oligarchs and American racists?

4 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

What about the Republicans? Who should they nominate? I guess Pence would fall in line behind your “Patriot”, but who will represent Russian oligarchs and American Confederates?

Maybe they could run the Illinois Nazi and Alabama pedophile?  That would be a strong ticket for the deplorable party.  

"Kasich should primary Trump in 2020."

More likely that he, or anyone else, would primary Pence.  1968 anyone?

Likely it wont matter who the dems put out there- Trump will be re-elected . It's the economy stupid- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_the_economy,_stupid

22 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

"Kasich should primary Trump in 2020."

More likely that he, or anyone else, would primary Pence.  1968 anyone?

15 minutes ago, lasal said:

Agreed. Rs could run Jesus H. Christ and it won't matter. Hillery could win easily. 

Lest we all forget,  Biden's a buffoon, a dumbass frat boy stuck in time. I'd druther have Mrs. Biden. Think of the crap she's put up with over the years.

"Biden's a buffoon,"

Other than the obvious partisan pandering of the above statement, I'm not so sure he's a buffoon.  People that have been in the same room with him say he's a great small room politician he just sometimes forgets that what works in the small room might not play well. The electorate just might be ready for someone actually sane and experienced in the big office. Putin might even want him in to keep the pot boiling for at least another year.

12 hours ago, slug zitski said:

Is a "muslim convert" someone who was Christian and became Muslim or the other way around?

I think this question is premature, let's wait for the mid-terms and see how that shakes out.  The last thing I want to see again in my lifetime is all three branches under one party's control.  If the Dems get the House and/or Senate, i would have no trouble voting for a Kasich for Pres.  The best deal in the government is one where neither side is happy.  

Dems at the mid-terms need to foist a Presidential Candidate and get behind him/her from that day on.  Not 12 candidates, one if they want to build momentum going into 2020. 

The landscape will change dramatically on both sides when Trump leaves with his tail between his legs (and I'm sue it's a small tail).  

16 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I would like to see Donald Trump running from the cops.

So will he be in front of Bill and Hil Clinton running faster?

6 minutes ago, nimroods said:

So will he be in front of Bill and Hil Clinton running faster?

Running?  The man's got bone spurs Nimrod!

54 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Running?  The man's got bone spurs Nimrod!

Running, crawling, being pushed in a cart, who fucking cares. The Clinton's will be in jail or indicted long before President Shitforbrains.

7 minutes ago, nimroods said:

Running, crawling, being pushed in a cart, who fucking cares. The Clinton's will be in jail or indicted long before President Shitforbrains.

What are you?  12?  None of the named are going to jail.  None of them.  

I'd like to see two or preferably more viable candidates, who actually deserved the job.

I can see people who I think could fit that description on both sides, but none of them has a snowball's chance in hell.

In all truth, I think that I know a half dozen people who do nothing but go about their average everyday lives, who could do a better job of POTUS than Trump..... I'd almost include myself on that list, but I have this bad habit of going to bed too early, and waking up too late.

10 hours ago, Lark said:

You don’t think Pence will try to run on his own?

Cuomo has fucked NY sideways..............no fucking way

1 hour ago, HardOnWind said:

Warren Buffett  

How 'bout Jimmy?

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

How 'bout Jimmy?

Love it.  And scoop up all the pretenders from KW and there you go, he has a cabinet.  Couldn't be any worse than what we have now.  SOTUS, a full out concert.  Cabinet meeting,=jam session.  

Love it.  

20 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

My guy, Al Frankenstein, held his hands in front of a woman’s breasts and almost certainly killed his chances. 

Interesting that on the Republican side that would seemingly increase your chances.  

16 hours ago, slug zitski said:

As long as it's not a Mexican who would be too lazy or a Black that would steal all the silverware. 

Right?

The Frankenstein in the OP was inserted by my phone’s predictive spelling feature.

i sorta like it but I didn’t either conceive it or deliberately post it 

otherwise:

the replies in this thread serve to reinforce my belief the democrats currently have no viable candidate choices and are on a path to re-electing Gropenfuhrer 

Just now, Hillary said:

As he posts an objectifying photo. Such a hypocrite. 

You are dumber than a stump.  Yes, the photo shows an attractive woman as all her photos show.  The surfing is meant to show a vibrant and active person.

Seriously, when was the last time you got laid?  Never is an acceptable answer and would win me money on a bet.

22 hours ago, HardOnWind said:

Warren Buffett  

What are the actuarial odds on Buffet with 3 years to go before the next election ? 

image.png.18a121cc695438dab68eef971eff1e53.png

• Downvote 1

Outdoors, clear water, and she isn’t riding a jet ski.   I approve of this message.  

3 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

You are dumber than a stump.  Yes, the photo shows an attractive woman as all her photos show.  The surfing is meant to show a vibrant and active person.

Seriously, when was the last time you got laid?  Never is an acceptable answer and would win me money on a bet.

I'll take some of that action.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

12 minutes ago, Hillary said:

I'll take some of that action.

Presumably the same position.

Segue

Dirty Ernie is in the third grade and they bring in an expert Sex Education guy to lecture.  He starts off, There are 64 common positions for a man to make love to a woman, Dirty Ernie screams out 65, the guy is a bit flustered and continues, as i was saying, there are 64 common positions for a man to make love to a woman, Dirty Ernie screams out 65.  Unperturbed, the expert continues, the most common position for a man to make love to a woman is the Missionary Position where the man lays prone on top of the woman.  Dirty Ernie screams out, 66!

57 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Shall we dig up some of your previous posts either extolling the beauty of Republican women or how the Democrat women are ugly?

You know those posts still exist.

Who would I like to see running?  Anyone who stands up on the House floor and reads the democRAT memo into the record, so that we can learn what happened.  

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Who would I like to see running?  Anyone who stands up on the House floor and reads the democRAT memo into the record, so that we can learn what happened.  

^^^^^^^^you betcha ^^^^^^^^^

2 hours ago, Hillary said:

What are you talking about? I’m very consistent in my objectification of women. 

Somehow i cant see any national Republican players getting caught in this despicable act -

Viral photo captures VP Joe Biden in candid moment with homeless man outside Georgetown theater

The photo was taken Thursday evening outside the Georgetown AMC movietheater by Caleb Baca.

Biden was reportedly at the movies with his granddaughter, who was visiting him in town.

"I'm not exactly sure what he gave the homeless man, but he appeared to write something down on a piece of paper inside the movie theater, which he then proceeded to give the homeless man outside," Baca tells FOX 5.

The photo was shared on social media by D.C. Public Affairs consultant and businessman Paul Equale and has since gone viral -- with over 50,000 shares and over 70,000 likes on Facebook.

Equale wrote in his post of Baca's photo: "Joe Biden took his granddaughter to the movies in Georgetown last night.....on his way out he stopped to speak w/ a homeless man. A bystander took this candid shot. Character is about what you do when no one is watching."

joe-biden-homeless-man_1520716731421_507P

Joe Biden took his granddaughter to the movies in Georgetown last night.....on his way out he stopped to speak w/ a homeless man. A bystander took this candid shot. Character is about what you do when no one is watching.

On 2/9/2018 at 12:20 AM, Ishmael said:

Better choice than Trump:

Hunter S. Thompson

Opus & Bill

An Easter Cactus called "Elmer"

A pound of unsalted butter

Everybody in Ethiopia

The Giant Rat of Sumatra

Just off the top of my head.

9 minutes ago, Prof Anthrax said:

Joe Machin. Senator West Virginia. 

Will he change the name of all the state buildings and highways?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Chris Murphy/Adam Schiff. With Eliz. Warren as SS, and Blumenthal as AG

19 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Chris Murphy/Adam Schiff. With Eliz. Warren as SS, and Blumenthal as AG

You just need to win a couple of elections.

You just need a sure thing like Hillary to whip the clown.

• Downvote 1

Sally Yeats, but I know she has no interest in running for office.  But she would probably be one of my first choices.