• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Hillary

Slip Sliding Away

20 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Doesn't say much for the American voter.

Say how many democrats can you guys take? Did any follow through and move north?

• Downvote 1

Margaret Good (D) won a special election for state representative in Florida’s 72nd district on Tuesday night, beating James Buchanan (R) by 52% to 45%, WWSB-TV reports.

The win gives Democrats their 36th legislative flip since President Trump took office.

Trump carried the district by a 51% to 46% margin in 2016.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Margaret Good (D) won a special election for state representative in Florida’s 72nd district on Tuesday night, beating James Buchanan (R) by 52% to 45%, WWSB-TV reports.

The win gives Democrats their 36th legislative flip since President Trump took office.

That's ummm like mmmm 36/50  = 0.72 per state per year with the entire main stream media as a tailwind.  

16 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Last time I checked the guy in the picture gets one vote just like you...

Hillbilly votes, how cute. At least they are citizens. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Hillary said:

image.thumb.png.388670efeaeb8490bea9e5290a5b83ef.png

hey rat bastard, you seem fine with the fact that the 'head' of the EPA is fucking the 'environment' for a dollar, in fact it's one of the gop's default agendas. if that's the case, that makes you a cunt. 

fu

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hillary said:

That's ummm like mmmm 36/50  = 0.72 per state per year with the entire main stream media as a tailwind. 

You must have built up one hell of a haystack by now with all those straw you're grasping.

You're pathetic.

4 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

Last time I checked the guy in the picture gets one vote just like you...

You missed the point. If you're wondering what the point is, then you've really missed the point.

14 hours ago, 3to1 said:

hey rat bastard, you seem fine with the fact that the 'head' of the EPA is fucking the 'environment' for a dollar, in fact it's one of the gop's default agendas. if that's the case, that makes you a cunt. 

fu

I like the boat in you sig. I wonder what it's carbon footprint is. So yeah FU. 

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You must have built up one hell of a haystack by now with all those straw you're grasping.

You're pathetic.

If you say so. Sorry you are so frustrated. It was looking so good for you and now it's all

Slip slidin' away 
Slip slidin' away 
You know the nearer your destination 
The more you're slip slidin' away

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Hillary said:

I like the boat in you sig. I wonder what it's carbon footprint is. So yeah FU. 

'carbon footprint' is a very important consideration, but it's really about morality and respect. 

5 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The boat is?  Hmm - looked like a race boat to me.... 

are you trolling, because you don't genuinely give a s about the truly important issues.

4 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

a trolling, right-wing pedant. you're a failure.

Agitc's ok in my book. For a righty anyway. He's probably the most reasonable conservative on PA (granted, that's not saying a lot).

4 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Why  THANK YOU!!!!!      It means so much to me for you to actually respond, Thanks again. 

my pleasure, just making sure you take your medicine.

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Agitc's ok in my book. For a righty anyway. He's probably the most reasonable conservative on PA (granted, that's not saying a lot).

he's a stand up guy, until he goes into his default altered reality mode.

17 hours ago, bhyde said:

You missed the point. If you're wondering what the point is, then you've really missed the point.

Sarcasm... However if you really think Muller will remove Trump, you have missed the point... You'll get your chance to remove Trump in a little under three years from now.

1 hour ago, Movable Ballast said:

Sarcasm... However if you really think Muller will remove Trump, you have missed the point... You'll get your chance to remove Trump in a little under three years from now.

That is just so cute. Certainly Trump will not win again, whether he resigns in disgrace or is removed is still in question.

Just now, d'ranger said:

That is just so cute. Certainly Trump will not win again, whether he resigns in disgrace or is removed is still in question.

An interesting question at that.

1 hour ago, Movable Ballast said:

..and four years later...

I thought this thread was going to be about a one tanner on Lake Michigan in the mid to late 80's.  G&S design?  Lightning fast in some conditions.

On 2/14/2018 at 6:09 PM, Sean said:

We used to have a poster who kept track of the D losses under President Obama.

He’s MIA.

Wonder why?

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

I thought this thread was going to be about a one tanner on Lake Michigan in the mid to late 80's.  G&S design?  Lightning fast in some conditions.

G&S?...... I thought they only did surfboards, and skateboards.....

I could never afford a G&S, but I had 2 Bahnes.....

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

G&S?...... I thought they only did surfboards, and skateboards.....

I could never afford a G&S, but I had 2 Bahnes.....

You've never heard of S2.  The 7.9 is a favorite.  Eric Schlageter was a great guy and died way too young.

Sorry. I was never into the high tech glass boats.

I enjoy watching them race, but I never enjoyed being on one.

55 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

You've never heard of S2.  The 7.9 is a favorite.  Eric Schlageter was a great guy and died way too young.

I thought that G&S was Gordon & Smith?  Who's the Schlageter fella?  Serious question - this is an area I know little about. 

Graham & Schlageter were a hot design office (Chicago IIRC) that got their start in IOR - they came along well after Peterson, Holland, Frers, Mull etc.

In the early 80's IIRC.

One of the reasons it is Slip Sliding Away is that Liberal think, because they give lip service to the Environment, they get an exemption to own huge homes,  use limos to cross the street and fly to give environment talks on privet jets. 

People are starting to see through the lefty smoke screen and the hypocrisy is becoming clear. 

• Downvote 1

17 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Nobody thought he'd win this time so...

15 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I owned #272 still one of my favorite designs.

One of the reasons it is Slip Sliding Away is that Liberal think, because they give lip service to the Environment, they get an exemption to own huge homes,  use limos to cross the street and fly to give environment talks on privet jets

People are starting to see through the lefty smoke screen and the hypocrisy is becoming clear. 

They are making planes out of hedges now? Isn't modern clean technology wonderful?

One of the reasons it is Slip Sliding Away is that Liberal think, because they give lip service to the Environment, they get an exemption to own huge homes,  use limos to cross the street and fly to give environment talks on privet jets. 

Privet?  God you are one stupid asshole.

4 hours ago, Hillary said:

privet jets.

Is that a topiary airplane?

Or is it a quote from the Bonzo Dog Band?

3 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Privet?  God you are one stupid asshole.

You should not address him that way.

• Downvote 1

<Squawk>Ladies and gentleman we know you have a choice when selecting an idiot, so from the San Francisco based flight crew, myself and Captain Obvious, thank you for flying JackAss Air.<Squawk>

My experience with Privet is that it would make an excellent border hedge with Mexico..... Given enough water, of course..... It'll need irrigation.....

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

It does indeed seem to be slipping away -

Dem wins Kentucky state House seat in district Trump won by 49 points

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/374777-dem-wins-ky-state-house-seat-in-district-trump-won-by-49-points

The explanation  might not be as you want it to be.

The Democrat had lost her seat in 2016 by just 150 votes, or less than 1 percentage point, even as Trump carried the district with 72 percent of the vote there compared to Hillary Clinton's 23 percent. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) also won the district in 2016 with 64 percent of the vote.

Tuesday's special election in the state's House District 49 was held to replace former state Rep. Dan Johnson (R), who killed himself in December. Johnson, a pastor at a local church, had been accused of sexual abuse against a member of his congregation. He strongly denied the accusations, though he killed himself just days after local media reported the allegations.

• Downvote 1

Ah, so she didn’t win the race in a district of Trump supporters.  

Gotcha. 

You truly inhabit an alternate reality. 

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail

"American voters say 53 - 38 percent, including 47 - 36 percent among independent voters, they want the Democratic Party to win control of the U.S. House of Representatives this year. Voters say 54 - 39 percent, including 51 - 38 percent among independent voters, they want the Democrats to win control of the U.S. Senate this year. 

The Democrats can do a better job handling immigration, voters say 52 - 38 percent. Democrats can do a better job handling gun violence, voters say 52 - 31 percent. 

From February 16 - 19, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,249 voters nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 3.4 percentage points, including the design effect. Live interviewers call landlines and cell phones."

43 minutes ago, Hillary said:

The Democrat had lost her seat in 2016 by just 150 votes, or less than 1 percentage point, even as Trump carried the district with 72 percent of the vote there compared to Hillary Clinton's 23 percent. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) also won the district in 2016 with 64 percent of the vote.

Tuesday's special election in the state's House District 49 was held to replace former state Rep. Dan Johnson (R), who killed himself in December. Johnson, a pastor at a local church, had been accused of sexual abuse against a member of his congregation. He strongly denied the accusations, though he killed himself just days after local media reported the allegations.

The Republicans really haven't lost anything anywhere since Trump was elected have they?

You've had a set of alternate facts for every one of their losses.

"That one doesn't count for reason XXXX, that one doesn't count for reason YYYY"

16 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The Republicans really haven't lost anything anywhere since Trump was elected have they?

You've had a set of alternate facts for every one of their losses.

"That one doesn't count for reason XXXX, that one doesn't count for reason YYYY"

Jack's a fool and a tool. You can't change his mind, tiny and repugnant as it may be. Go outside and discuss evolution with a paver, you'll be further ahead.

11 hours ago, Hillary said:

One (of your elk) would think that the stunning success of the Trump presidency would sweep waves of republicans into office, not only in places like Kentucky, but throughout the land.

So much for coat tails. 

12 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Ah, so she didn’t win the race in a district of Trump supporters.  

Gotcha. 

You truly inhabit an alternate reality. 

No, not that. I pointed out that during the 2016 election she lost by only a few votes despite Trump's huge margin in her district. So she was obvious a strong candidate to start with. Then the Republican who beat her kills himself after abuse charges. Combining her strength in the previous election and the scandal, of her opponent I see nothing surprising or game changing in her subsequent victory. 

I have never considered you to be very bright. However you do have a remarkable talent for constantly reaffirming my view. 

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Mana who? Hey here's a prediction I bet Manafort beats the rap. There have been far too many shenanigans at the FBI and in the Mueller camp to not think the courts will toss the case. Remember that Mueller's second in command prosecutor has a terrible track record for  proprietorial overreach and reversed cases. Unlike Flynn who is not flush with cash and probably chose to plead for financial reasons. Manfort can fight back and didn't need to fold. 

Speaking of Flynn there is growing evidence he was railroaded and could seek to overturn his plea. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Hey here's a prediction I bet Manafort beats the rap.

Name the amount!  Seriously, put up or shut the fuck up!

6 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Mana who? Hey here's a prediction I bet Manafort beats the rap. There have been far too many shenanigans at the FBI and in the Mueller camp to not think the courts will toss the case. Remember that Mueller's second in command prosecutor has a terrible track record for  proprietorial overreach and reversed cases. Unlike Flynn who is not flush with cash and probably chose to plead for financial reasons. Manfort can fight back and didn't need to fold. 

Speaking of Flynn there is growing evidence he was railroaded and could seek to overturn his plea. 

The Campaign Chairman.  Tick tock tick tock.  Get that new login ID ready, Dum Dum.  

7 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Name the amount!  Seriously, put up or shut the fuck up!

Dont intend to do either.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Pussy!  Since you like taking commands from me, keep making voluminous asinine comments.

23 minutes ago, Hillary said:

What a coincidence, Judge Judy said that very thing on Fox News just a little bit ago. Is Flynn the kind of dumbass that pleads guilty to a rap he could beat? Seems very unlikely to me, aside from the fact that he has a pretty expensive legal team provided.

Much much more likely that he's guilty of.... and was almost certain to be convicted of...... at least one or two more serious crimes than the one(s) he copped a plea to. That's generally the way it works.

-DSK

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

What a coincidence, Judge Judy said that very thing on Fox News just a little bit ago.

Hillary is plagiarizing from Judge Judy?  That has me laughing out loud.  Hey, we all have heroes, but Judge Judy?

12 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

What a coincidence, Judge Judy said that very thing on Fox News just a little bit ago. Is Flynn the kind of dumbass that pleads guilty to a rap he could beat? Seems very unlikely to me, aside from the fact that he has a pretty expensive legal team provided.

Much much more likely that he's guilty of.... and was almost certain to be convicted of...... at least one or two more serious crimes than the one(s) he copped a plea to. That's generally the way it works.

-DSK

That's because the judge put out the boilerplate brady rule order, so the jackoff squad is going to seize upon that without any evidence of a brady rule violation.  

Seems the only appropriate response to any FBI or policing agent question is "   ".

Why don't people learn this? Also it is not nessasary to invoke your 5th amendment right you were born or naturalized with it. 

The only exception I am aware of is crossing the border.

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Hillary said:

She beat him by a margin of 2-1, in rural Kentucky, in a district President Trump carried by 49 points, and you want to make it seem like it was expected.

Hell, there had to be a load of sympathy for the widow, given what her husband is alleged to have done.

But, the Democrat took a dependably red seat, by a substantial margin.

And, you can't seem to wrap your head around that.

Talk about a dim bulb.

"The Kentucky district is the 18th formerly Republican-held district to fall into Democratic hands in a special election since Trump won in 2016"

Judge Judy? Or (disgraced) Judge Jeanine Pirro?

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Comrade Yakov is the only sooper genius here

as Eva Dent

He's always been the smartest guy in the room - whatever his identity at the time.

Much like his hero.

3 hours ago, Hillary said:

Loudmouthed coward - but we knew that didn't we?

Much like his hero.

24 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

"The Kentucky district is the 18th formerly Republican-held district to fall into Democratic hands in a special election since Trump won in 2016"

None of that counts.

There were special circumstances in every one of those elections.

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

None of that counts.

There were special circumstances in every one of those elections.

How about the other 36 statehouse flips since Trump’s inauguration?

Belcher’s win marks the 37th legislative seatchanging hands from Republican to Democrat since Trump’s inauguration. It is also the fourth to flip just this year, following wins by Margaret Good in Florida’s 72nd District last week as well as wins in deep-red Missouri and Wisconsin.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/democrat-flips-deep-red-kentucky-seat-the-37th-flip-since-trumps-inauguration

slip sliding away. 

5 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Judge Judy? Or (disgraced) Judge Jeanine Pirro?

Sorry, I typed "Judge Judy" out of unthinking reflex. Although Judge Judy is a real judge, she is probably MUCh smarter and already making enough money to not shoot off her mouth on politics.

It was not Judge Jean either, I have seen a her a few times on Fox and she seems a bit over the top. It was "Judge Nap" who is (or was) apparently also a real judge: From WikiPedia, [begin quote] "In March 2017, Napolitano was suspended from Fox News for making unsubstantiated claims that British intelligence officials spied on Donald Trump during the 2016 campaign at the request of U.S. President Barack Obama"  [end quote]

It may be just that I'm an old-fashioned grump, but I tend to lose respect for judges and doctors and economics professors who go on popular TV shows and spout a lot of half-baked hooey, especially if it's about politics.

-DSK

8 hours ago, Hillary said:

Cruise trigger all lined up and ready to go. Was only a matter of time.

8 hours ago, Hillary said:

Uh huh. Another prediction or just one of those preprocessing quirks you'll run away from later?

10 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:
18 hours ago, Hillary said:

Cruise trigger all lined up and ready to go. Was only a matter of time.

Uh huh. Another prediction or just one of those preprocessing quirks you'll run away from later?

Is the "data pre-processing" complete?

It’s all about turnout -

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018-elections/2018/02/21/fueled-democratic-surge-texans-turn-force-first-day-early-voting

Excerpt -

The total number of voters from 15 of the state’s largest counties is high for a midterm year. In 2016, a presidential election year, 55,931 Texans voted on the first day of early voting for the primary. But in the last midterm election in 2014, only 38,441 Texans voted on the first day.

Even more surprising is the turnout among Democrats. Since the last midterm election, the party saw a 51 percent increase in first-day early voting turnout, while Republicans saw a 16 percent increase.

On 2/16/2018 at 1:43 AM, SloopJonB said:

Graham & Schlageter were a hot design office (Chicago IIRC) that got their start in IOR - they came along well after Peterson, Holland, Frers, Mull etc.

In the early 80's IIRC.

Missed your reply - thanks for squaring me away. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Sorry, I typed "Judge Judy" out of unthinking reflex. Although Judge Judy is a real judge, she is probably MUCh smarter and already making enough money to not shoot off her mouth on politics.

It was not Judge Jean either, I have seen a her a few times on Fox and she seems a bit over the top. It was "Judge Nap" who is (or was) apparently also a real judge: From WikiPedia, [begin quote] "In March 2017, Napolitano was suspended from Fox News for making unsubstantiated claims that British intelligence officials spied on Donald Trump during the 2016 campaign at the request of U.S. President Barack Obama"  [end quote]

It may be just that I'm an old-fashioned grump, but I tend to lose respect for judges and doctors and economics professors who go on popular TV shows and spout a lot of half-baked hooey, especially if it's about politics.

-DSK

OK, it wasn't Obama it was the DNC who had absolutely no connection whatsoever with him.

4 hours ago, Saorsa said:

OK, it wasn't Obama it was the DNC who had absolutely no connection whatsoever with him.

Being connected to someone that performed an action is very different than being the person that performed the action. That is a fact you are well aware of when applied to those on your side of politics, but you seem to forget it when it comes to Obama. Most would call that blatant hypocrisy. 

Democrat up 7 points in Kansas 3rd district 

http://act.boldprogressives.org/survey/2018polling_ks03/

Q: If the general election for Congress were held today, and the candidates were Democrat Brent Welder and Republican Kevin Yoder, who would you be more likely to vote for?
Brent Welder 49%
Kevin Yoder 42%
Not sure 9%

Q:Which party do you believe stands more on the side of working people, Democrats or Republicans? 
Democrats 50% 
Republicans 40% 
Not sure 10%

On 2/22/2018 at 11:00 AM, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Missed your reply - thanks for squaring me away. 

One of the G&S classics...  Zoo 2.  A MORC Maxi. 

zoo2 1.JPG

zoo2 3.JPG

Wishful thinking perhaps, but it would be truly awesome if Cruz lost -

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/02/23/ted-cruz-trails-senate-challenger-beto-orourke-six-week-fundraising-haul-lot

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's fundraising lagged far behind his top Democratic challenger during the first six weeks of 2018, a new federal campaign filing shows.

Cruz raised $800,000 through Feb. 14. That’s well below El Paso Rep. Beto O’Rourke’s $2.3 million haul, according to the most recent federal report.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Wishful thinking perhaps, but it would be truly awesome if Cruz lost -

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/02/23/ted-cruz-trails-senate-challenger-beto-orourke-six-week-fundraising-haul-lot

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's fundraising lagged far behind his top Democratic challenger during the first six weeks of 2018, a new federal campaign filing shows.

Cruz raised $800,000 through Feb. 14. That’s well below El Paso Rep. Beto O’Rourke’s $2.3 million haul, according to the most recent federal report.

I am doing my part, Cruz makes Cornyn seem like a great guy.

On 2/23/2018 at 3:05 PM, Sean said:

Democrat up 7 points in Kansas 3rd district 

http://act.boldprogressives.org/survey/2018polling_ks03/

Q: If the general election for Congress were held today, and the candidates were Democrat Brent Welder and Republican Kevin Yoder, who would you be more likely to vote for?
Brent Welder 49%
Kevin Yoder 42%
Not sure 9%

Q:Which party do you believe stands more on the side of working people, Democrats or Republicans? 
Democrats 50% 
Republicans 40% 
Not sure 10%

What would be interesting to see would be to map IQ against party, here. Kansas is just now trying to pull out of a very graphic and definitive demonstration that the Republican Party doesn't give a dried-up rat turd about working people or families.

I'm sure that 40% includes the die-hard gun-nutz, the anti-abortion nutz, and a smattering of hate-fueled troglodytes, but how can an everyday person of average intelligence NOT realize what an unholy disaster the Republican Party has been, for everybody except the very very wealthy?

One reason I'm interested is, this is now playing out on a national level.

-DSK

Anyone notice the "We won, you lost. Get over it" stickers becoming scarce on the roads?

National politics has become something not spoken of here.  Unhappy hillbillies that used to be so vocal when the Nigerian got Trumped. Now, the talk is all about potholes and them being the government's fault. Umm, no. That's thaw and heave. Happens every year. It's why I can't run anything over 12 tons until 4/15 without a special permit, which is smart.

Now, in state politics, Mike Madigan is coming under fire. Which is fantastic. That guy needs to go.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

What would be interesting to see would be to map IQ against party, here. Kansas is just now trying to pull out of a very graphic and definitive demonstration that the Republican Party doesn't give a dried-up rat turd about working people or families.

I'm sure that 40% includes the die-hard gun-nutz, the anti-abortion nutz, and a smattering of hate-fueled troglodytes, but how can an everyday person of average intelligence NOT realize what an unholy disaster the Republican Party has been, for everybody except the very very wealthy?

One reason I'm interested is, this is now playing out on a national level.

-DSK

Q:Which party do you believe will create a better economy for working people, Democrats or Republicans? 

Q:Which party do you believe will better protect working people from unfair trade practices by other countries, Democrats or Republicans? 

Q:Which party do you believe stands more on the side of working people against illegal cheap labor, Democrats or Republicans? 

So many way to ask the same thing. All you have to do is decide what spin you want from the result. I'll assume the poll rotated Democrat or Republican. Because if they didn't there is a first option bias of 2-3% built in