Sign in to follow this  
Nailing Malarkey Too

Slip Sliding Away

55 minutes ago, bhyde said:

You're so right Hillary. BD is mixed up. The "pre-processing" joke was before your time and is a shot at a poster named Happy Jack. He had a thread where he tried to convince people he was some kind of super polling and programming expert. Unfortunately for Happy Jack a couple of real programmers came along and showed what a complete hack he was. It was hugely entertaining and Happy Jack looked like a complete fool to everyone that wasn't him. The more he tried to look smart, the worse it got. Then this other guy BJ came along and showed how Happy Jack was a compulsive liar and a reprehensibly little shit stain. And that was pretty much it for Happy Jack. He was the laughing stock of PA and he ran away with his tail between his legs never to be heard from again. Good thing we have people like you to keep PA a vibrant place where differing people and ideas can come together for a robust discussion. 

I’ll  bet you couldn’t keep a straight face while you typed that.

Regardless - well done. 

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

I’ll  bet you couldn’t keep a straight face while you typed that.

Regardless - well done. 

Irregardless, WFD.

Interesting that the "lefties" around here tend to keep one identity that is easily followed to a person, and the "righties" keep their real identities tightly wrapped up in multiple socks. Why is that, do you think? Maybe some of us are not as proud of our opinions as others? Being traced to a particular type of slime mold may deter some from being totally honest in their presentation?

well done indeed...but didn't that Happy Jack guy also drive a Ridgeline?  

18 hours ago, Hillary said:

The worst thing a poster can do is bore people. Whatever that joke is supposed to mean can you see how it loses its punch afare a few hundred repetitions? 

Someone needs to inform @Uncooperative Tom.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/382181-conservative-pollster-i-think-the-republicans-are-in-deep-trouble

Conservative pollster Frank Luntz said on Sunday that he believes Republicans are in danger of losing both chambers of Congress in this year’s midterm elections.

“I think the Republicans are in deep trouble in the House and the Senate as well. If the election were held today, frankly, I think Republicans would lose both,” Luntz said on Fox News.

Lets hope he's right.

• Like 1

Reuters/Ipsos poll

Older, white, educated voters helped Donald Trump win the White House in 2016. Now, they are trending toward Democrats in such numbers that their ballots could tip the scales in tight congressional races from New Jersey to California.

Nationwide, whites over the age of 60 with college degrees now favor Democrats over Republicans for Congress by a 2-point margin… During the same period in 2016, that same group favored Republicans for Congress by 10 percentage points.

The 12-point swing is one of the largest shifts in support toward Democrats that the Reuters/Ipsos poll has measured over the past two years. If that trend continues, Republicans will struggle to keep control of the House of Representatives, and possibly the Senate, in the November elections, potentially dooming President Trump’s legislative agenda.

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Reuters/Ipsos poll

Older, white, educated voters helped Donald Trump win the White House in 2016. Now, they are trending toward Democrats in such numbers that their ballots could tip the scales in tight congressional races from New Jersey to California.

Nationwide, whites over the age of 60 with college degrees now favor Democrats over Republicans for Congress by a 2-point margin… During the same period in 2016, that same group favored Republicans for Congress by 10 percentage points.

The 12-point swing is one of the largest shifts in support toward Democrats that the Reuters/Ipsos poll has measured over the past two years. If that trend continues, Republicans will struggle to keep control of the House of Representatives, and possibly the Senate, in the November elections, potentially dooming President Trump’s legislative agenda.

To be fair, President Trump's legislative agenda is simply "Find out what President Obama did and do the opposite".

Oopsie -

“That is not the graphic we are looking for. Hold off. Take that down, please.”

http://iop.harvard.edu/spring-2018-poll

Democratic control of Congress preferred 69%-28% over Republicans, majority of young Democrats “definitely voting” in midterm elections, Harvard youth poll find

A new national poll of America’s 18- to 29-year-olds by Harvard’s Institute of Politics (IOP), located at the Kennedy School of Government, finds a marked increase in the number of young Americans who indicate that they will “definitely be voting” in the upcoming midterm Congressional elections. Overall, 37 percent of Americans under 30 indicates that they will “definitely be voting,” compared to 23 percent who said the same in 2014, and 31 percent in 2010, the year of the last “wave” election.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/04/14/era-donald-trump-new-england-biggest-gop-donor-funding-democrats/QzyFs3i3Yq3o6Ae7QIkhVP/story.html

Excerpt -

Boston hedge fund billionaire Seth Klarman lavished more than $7 million on Republican candidates and political committees during the Obama administration, using his fortune to help underwrite a GOP takeover of the federal government. 

But the rise of Donald Trump shocked and dismayed Klarman, as did the timid response from the Republican-controlled House and Senate, which have acquiesced rather than challenge the president’s erratic and divisive ways. So, in an astonishing flip, Klarman, at one point New England’s most generous donor to Republicans, is taking his money elsewhere: He’s heaping cash on Democrats.

15 minutes ago, Sean said:

So, in an astonishing flip, Klarman, at one point New England’s most generous donor to Republicans, is taking his money elsewhere: He’s heaping cash on Democrats.

Happens with all Republican Presidents. Absolutely not a sign that conservative are expressing their displeasure with Trump through electoral support of Democrats.

31 minutes ago, Sean said:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/04/14/era-donald-trump-new-england-biggest-gop-donor-funding-democrats/QzyFs3i3Yq3o6Ae7QIkhVP/story.html

Excerpt -

Boston hedge fund billionaire Seth Klarman lavished more than $7 million on Republican candidates and political committees during the Obama administration, using his fortune to help underwrite a GOP takeover of the federal government. 

But the rise of Donald Trump shocked and dismayed Klarman, as did the timid response from the Republican-controlled House and Senate, which have acquiesced rather than challenge the president’s erratic and divisive ways. So, in an astonishing flip, Klarman, at one point New England’s most generous donor to Republicans, is taking his money elsewhere: He’s heaping cash on Democrats.

So he’s bought the  market and is creating Clinton clones.   Reassuring this is not.   My only consolation is the amount of money being wasted in the process, pulled from the pockets of the rich financier to feed the telecommunication masses. 

4 minutes ago, Lark said:

So he’s bought the  market and is creating Clinton clones.   Reassuring this is not.   My only consolation is the amount of money being wasted in the process, pulled from the pockets of the rich financier to feed the telecommunication masses. 

You appear to have missed the point. This thread was started because Happy Jack interpreted a momentary spike in Republican approval as meaning Democrat support is slipping away. Since then, things have not gone the way he predicted and this is another example of discontent with Trump being reflected in support slipping away form Republicans and being given to the Democrats.

Over my head.   Didn’t start at the beginning, just wimping out on an exercise break.   

20 minutes ago, Lark said:

Over my head.   Didn’t start at the beginning, just wimping out on an exercise break.   

Humiliation is the thread's raison d'être, but I'm not sure the subject can process that concept.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Humiliation is the thread's raison d'être, but I'm not sure the subject can process that concept.

Suddenly, everything is in a foreign language. Aliens are crawling out the ventilation ducts and his feet have turned into giant cabbages. Time for a cruise.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_nj_041618/

excerpt -

Trump, tax reform drag down GOP prospects

West Long Branch, NJ – Democrats have a 19 point advantage over Republicans in the generic House ballot among all registered voters in the Garden State. This would be a huge gain for Democrats even in a blue state like New Jersey. If this result holds in November it has the potential to switch control of the five congressional seats currently held by Republicans here. The Monmouth University Poll finds that poor public opinion of Donald Trump leads the list of factors behind the New Jersey GOP’s underlying problems. The recently enacted federal tax reform plan doesn’t help either since most New Jerseyans think they are getting the short end of the stick.

I really hope Trump can finish out his term, and doesn't duck and run for health reasons or some such. We've got a census coming, and the more balance in the state houses across the nation we have for redistricting, the better.

7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I really hope Trump can finish out his term, and doesn't duck and run for health reasons or some such. We've got a census coming, and the more balance in the state houses across the nation we have for redistricting, the better.

Oh he's going to finish his term.  A GOP Congress won't move on him like a bitch unless he switches parties.  Anything else is fair game, he can do whatever he wants and nothing will happen.  Should the democRATS win both chambers in November, the Americans will immediately advocate for less divisive politics and the democRATS will go along with it, and shelve any impeachment ideas.  The only way he doesn't finish his term is if he quits or croaks.  

He dealt the democRATS a swift death.  The one he deals the GOP will take far longer, and be far more painful. 

26 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Oh he's going to finish his term.  A GOP Congress won't move on him like a bitch unless he switches parties.  Anything else is fair game, he can do whatever he wants and nothing will happen.  Should the democRATS win both chambers in November, the Americans will immediately advocate for less divisive politics and the democRATS will go along with it, and shelve any impeachment ideas.  The only way he doesn't finish his term is if he quits or croaks.  

He dealt the democRATS a swift death.  The one he deals the GOP will take far longer, and be far more painful. 

That's what I'm hoping for.

From a new Axios/Survey Monkey poll:

ARIZONA: Kyrsten Sinema (D) 51%, Martha McSally (R) 42%

ARIZONA: Kyrsten Sinema (D) 51%, Kelli Ward (R) 43%

ARIZONA: Kyrsten Sinema (D) 56%, Joe Arpaio (R) 32%

NEVADA: Jacky Rosen (D) 50%, Dean Heller (R) 44%

TENNESSEE: Phil Bredesen (D) 48%, Marsha Blackburn (R) 47%

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/12/democrats-pick-up-long-held-gop-seat-republicans-hold-another-special-elections/692330002/

Excerpt -

MADISON - Wisconsin Democrats came one step closer to gaining control of the state Senate by picking up a seat held by Republicans for more than 40 years, while the GOP held on to an Assembly seat in a pair of special elections Tuesday. 

snip

Frostman will be the first Democrat to represent the northeast Wisconsin district since the 1970s — a win Democrats are hailing as more evidence of a so-called blue wave ready to flip more Republican-held seats in elections later this year.

On 4/19/2018 at 3:36 AM, Sean said:

a candidate even towel-headed Jeffie could get behind:

Valedectorian, Blue Dog Democrat, Bi, Blond

Kyrsten Lea Sinema (/ˈkɪərstən ˈsɪnəmə/; born July 12, 1976)[1] is an American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Arizona's 9th congressional district, first elected in 2012. A member of the Democratic Party, she previously served in both chambers of the State Legislature, being elected to the Arizona House of Representatives in 2004 and the Arizona Senate in 2010.

Sinema began her political career as a Green Party activist before joining the Democrats and becoming a state lawmaker.[2] After her election to the U.S. House of Representatives, she shifted toward the political center, joining the conservative Blue Dog Coalition and the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus and amassing a moderate-Democratic voting record.[3] Sinema has worked for the adoption of the DREAM Act and has campaigned against Propositions 107 and 102, two voter referendums to ban the recognition of same-sex marriage and civil unions in Arizona. She was the first openly bisexual person elected to the U.S. Congress.

Sinema is running in the United States Senate election in Arizona in 2018 to replace Jeff Flake, who will retire at the end of his term.[4] If elected, she would be the first openly bisexual person elected to the U.S. Senate and the second openly LGBT person ever to serve in the Senate, after Tammy Baldwin.[5][6]

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:41 PM, Ishmael said:

Irregardless, WFD.

Interesting that the "lefties" around here tend to keep one identity that is easily followed to a person, and the "righties" keep their real identities tightly wrapped up in multiple socks. Why is that, do you think? Maybe some of us are not as proud of our opinions as others? Being traced to a particular type of slime mold may deter some from being totally honest in their presentation?

Who has multiple socks?

14 minutes ago, warbird said:

Who has multiple socks?

Remember Hillary? Happy Jack ring a bell?

Happy Hillary Malarcky Jack will try to assert that he is just changing the name of one account, and is therefore not a sock. Unfortunately, a sock is defined by a false or deceiving identity, not by the number of accounts. He is also a troll, but we'll leave that for when he shows up. 3...2...1....

54 minutes ago, warbird said:

Who has multiple socks?

Me - I'm AGITC, A guy in the Chesapeake, Chessie, and I shed and shake water all over the carpet when I come inside. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Me - I'm AGITC, A guy in the Chesapeake, Chessie, and I shed and shake water all over the carpet when I come inside. 

You're Dog too?

A new Franklin & Marshall poll in Pennsylvania finds Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA) leading challenger Lou Barletta (R) by a stunning 17 points, 44% to 27%, with 28% still undecided.

In the gubernatorial race, Gov. Tom Wolf (D) leads challenger Scott Wagner, 48% to 29%.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_VA_062618/

Trump’s unpopularity hurts House incumbent

West Long Branch, NJ – The race for Virginia’s 10th Congressional District starts out with the GOP Republican incumbent trailing by ten points according to the Monmouth University Poll.  Pres. Donald Trump and the overall Republican brand hamper Rep. Barbara Comstock’s chances to retain her seat against her lesser-known Democratic challenger, state legislator Jennifer Wexton.

Wexton holds a 49% to 39% lead over Comstock among all potential voters – that is voters who have participated in an election since 2010 or have newly registered to vote (a group that represents about 86% of all registered voters in the district).  The race does not look significantly different using two different likely voter models. A historical midterm model gives Wexton a 50% to 41% lead, while a model that includes a turnout surge in areas where Pres. Donald Trump is unpopular gives Wexton a 51% to 40%

HOUSE OVERVIEW

New FEC Data Points to Severe Risk for House GOP

David Wasserman

July 18, 2018

@Redistrict

https://www.cookpolitical.com/analysis/house/house-overview/new-fec-data-points-severe-risk-house-gop

Excerpt -

If the 2018 cycle has made anything clear, Donald Trump is the best fundraiser Democratic candidates have ever had. Democrats only need to pick up 23 GOP seats for House control, but their donors' desperation to thwart the president helped Democratic candidates out-raise a jaw-dropping 55 GOP House incumbents in the last three months. And 18 Democrats in GOP-held seats raised more than $1 million (not including self-funders).

For context, in the GOP wave of 2010, 44 Democratic incumbents were out-raised by GOP candidates during the same period, according to Politico's Elena Schneider. But that year, Republicans needed to pick up 40 seats for control, nearly twice what Democrats need now.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:39 PM, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Mana who? Hey here's a prediction I bet Manafort beats the rap. There have been far too many shenanigans at the FBI and in the Mueller camp to not think the courts will toss the case. Remember that Mueller's second in command prosecutor has a terrible track record for  proprietorial overreach and reversed cases. Unlike Flynn who is not flush with cash and probably chose to plead for financial reasons. Manfort can fight back and didn't need to fold. 

Speaking of Flynn there is growing evidence he was railroaded and could seek to overturn his plea. 

Winning! -

A titan of Kansas Republican politics is shunning Kris Kobach, her party’s nominee, in his run for governor. 

Nancy Kassebaum, who represented Kansas for three terms in the U.S. Senate, said Tuesday she will support Democratic State Sen. Laura Kelly’s campaign.

Kassebaum joins former GOP governor Bill Graves, who announced earlier this month that he would also be supporting Kelly.

I wonder if any of our local red tailed elk will follow suit. They do want their credit as aisle crossers but without actually crossing any aisles.