Sign in to follow this  
Plenipotentiary Tom

Number of School Shootings Decreased

5 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Blah, blah, blah, .22

A downvote by righty? I’m honored!

You are? It's about the most meaningless thing that happens here.

46 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You are? It's about the most meaningless thing that happens here.

I figure I must be doing something right, when the village idiot disagrees...

16 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Tom pollutes his mind first thing every morning, using the media. This is from Tom's link.

Well, he does seem to be comfortable with 17 school shootings.

14 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, he does seem to be comfortable with 17 school shootings.

His article suggests even fewer.  Their position is that the gun problem is an exaggerated presentation. They want to believe that, and they read Tom's links to support their belief system. This crap is fun to watch...but dangerous to maintain. 

I like this Unca Tom link the best I guess: : Is Florida A 'Turning Point' On Guns? Don't Believe The Gun Control Hype

We'll see about that, but I feel it was a definite turning point. 57 Florida State Senators (each ranked with an A by the NRA) voted against Marion Hammer to raise the age to buy an AW in FL to 21. Things are not the same; it seems that Parkland FL started a youth movement.

5 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

His article suggests even fewer.  Their position is that the gun problem is an exaggerated presentation. They want to believe that, and they read Tom's links to support their belief system. This crap is fun to watch...but dangerous to maintain. 

Fair enough.

I chimed in that one was too many and he twisted that around to me feeling this 18th he is so obsessed about counts as a school shooting.

Maybe he is cool with up to 17.

FFS, about what I thought. Tom's link is the type that would quote John R. Lott. LMFAO, this is the level of trailer park losers.

LOTT: NORWAY HAS MORE MASS SHOOTINGS THAN USA

Powerful remarks, and no doubt heartfelt. But a study of global mass-shooting incidents from 2009 to 2015 by the Crime Prevention Research Center, headed by economist John Lott, shows the U.S. doesn't lead the world in mass shootings. In fact, it doesn't even make the top 10, when measured by death rate per million population from mass public shootings.

So who's tops? Surprisingly, Norway is, with an outlier mass shooting death rate of 1.888 per million (high no doubt because of the rifle assault by political extremist Anders Brevik that claimed 77 lives in 2011). No. 2 is Serbia, at just 0.381, followed by France at 0.347, Macedonia at 0.337, and Albania at 0.206. Slovakia, Finland, Belgium, and Czech Republic all follow. Then comes the U.S., at No. 11, with a death rate of 0.089.

If Tom is a quality guy, I just don't get all the bullshit content. I wouldn't buy a used boat from him based on a survey provided by him.

2 hours ago, Saorsa said:

upvotes, downvotes, I wonder how much money the forum is making selling the data.

You and your elk are putting them into deficit.

1 hour ago, jocal505 said:

FFS, about what I thought. Tom's link is the type that would quote John R. Lott. LMFAO, this is the level of trailer park losers.

If Tom is a quality guy, I just don't get all the bullshit content. I wouldn't buy a used boat from him based on a survey provided by him.

I'd buy a boat from him but not an illegal assault rifle.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Fair enough.

I chimed in that one was too many and he twisted that around to me feeling this 18th he is so obsessed about counts as a school shooting.

Maybe he is cool with up to 17.

No, I'm just able to recognize and call out a deliberate deception, much like the Washington Post reporter who got Bloomberg to stop using it.

But attacking me is a pretty good substitute for an argument as to why a suicide at a piece of property with an educational history should be used to justify banning our .22's.

6 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

No, I'm just able to recognize and call out a deliberate deception, much like the Washington Post reporter who got Bloomberg to stop using it.

But attacking me is a pretty good substitute for an argument as to why a suicide at a piece of property with an educational history should be used to justify banning our .22's.

All you need to do is cite when I have done that.

Absent such a citation, the first part of your second sentence is you being a whiny-face.

10 hours ago, Saorsa said:

upvotes, downvotes, I wonder how much money the forum is making selling the data.

From this place?!? You have got to be kidding. You'd have to pay someone to take the up/down vote data from these petty PA shit-fights. 

8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
9 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

All you need to do is cite when I have done that.

Absent such a citation, the first part of your second sentence is you being a whiny-face.

You said your statement was germane to the topic "school shooting."

Bloomberg $peak$ about "school shootings" as a separate category because they're the most convenient when it comes to passing bans on our .22's.

You don't want to call him out on it for the same reasons Jack won't call out Trump's deception in my view. A mirror image.

So you're willing to accept that suicide as a "school shooting" because the property was once a school. Why? Because the more school shootings Bloomberg can $peak about, the better the chances of banning our .22's.

8 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

You said your statement was germane to the topic "school shooting."

Bloomberg $peak$ about "school shootings" as a separate category because they're the most convenient when it comes to passing bans on our .22's.

You don't want to call him out on it for the same reasons Jack won't call out Trump's deception in my view. A mirror image.

So you're willing to accept that suicide as a "school shooting" because the property was once a school. Why? Because the more school shootings Bloomberg can $peak about, the better the chances of banning our .22's.

You, Tom, are an insufferable twat. And, you seem to take a perverse pride in that. 

Ive never commented on my views regarding the one case you are fixated on. Anything you believe to be my views on that are entirely made up in your mind. 

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Ive never commented on my views regarding the one case you are fixated on. Anything you believe to be my views on that are entirely made up in your mind. 

I thought your comment on "school shootings" applied to all of the ones mentioned.

Do you have any comment on why Bloomberg wants to pad his "school shootings" numbers with a suicide at a place that was once a school? Or are you like Jack when he's asked to comment on Trump's deception?

Tom, would you kindly shut the fuck up? Just once, cut your childish oneupmanship, and fuck off. Please. 

17 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I thought your comment on "school shootings" applied to all of the ones mentioned.

Do you have any comment on why Bloomberg wants to pad his "school shootings" numbers with a suicide at a place that was once a school? Or are you like Jack when he's asked to comment on Trump's deception?

If you want to know why Bloomberg “wants to pad” his numbers, ask him, not me. 

14 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Blah, blah, blah, .22

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

You, Tom, are an insufferable twat. And, you seem to take a perverse pride in that. 

+1

12 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Using inaccurate statistics that are used as a tool for gun grabbers.

Go ahead, and produce the honest statistics. If you had any, they will also make you look terrible. Which is the point here.

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
7 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

If you want to know why Bloomberg “wants to pad” his numbers, ask him, not me. 

I already know and already said the reason.

You already know too. I was just wondering if you would actually say it.

Well, not so much wondering as wanting to demonstrate you would not. Honesty about Bloomberg'$ $peech can't be allowed to interfere with the Holy Quest to ban our .22's.

There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. The U.S. population is 324,059,091 as of June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.00925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:
--65% of those deaths are by suicide, which would never be prevented by gun laws.
--15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified
--17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons - better known as gun violence.
--3% are accidental discharge deaths.
So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Now lets look at how those deaths spanned across the nation.
--480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
--344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
--333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
--119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)
So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.
This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.
Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So if all cities and states are not created equal, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.
Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assault are all done by criminals. It is ludicrous to think that criminals will obey laws. That is why they are called criminals.
But what about other deaths each year?
--40,000+ die from a drug overdose-THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
--36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths.
--34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide).
Now it gets good:
--200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer walking in the worst areas of Chicago than you are when you are in a hospital!
--710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It's time to stop the double cheeseburgers!

7 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Tom, would you kindly shut the fuck up? Just once, cut your childish oneupmanship, and fuck off. Please. 

No.

Tell me, how many "school shootings" has Australia had in the past couple of decades? I mean using Bloomberg'$ counting method, of course, so we're talking about universities and properties that were once a school.

5 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

No.

I'm not surprised. Why would you stop being an aggravating twat having confirmation you everyone sees you as one. It is, after all, clearly you goal. 

5 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Tell me, how many "school shootings" has Australia had in the past couple of decades? I mean using Bloomberg'$ counting method, of course, so we're talking about universities and properties that were once a school.

Less than the USA. Both per capita and in total. Thanks to our gun laws

12 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Less than the USA. Both per capita and in total. Thanks to our gun laws

Ah, so you're backing off the claim that Australia has not had a school shooting since passing those laws?

15 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Ah, so you're backing off the claim that Australia has not had a school shooting since passing those laws?

I stand by my previous statements on the matter.  I don't see a need to defend statements or definitions I have not made. Nor change my position because you want to argue about something I did not say. 

Try someone else, your bait doesn't interest me. 

On 3/17/2016 at 10:07 PM, Bent Sailor said:

Ten mass shootings in the decade before the firearm laws. One mass shooting in the twenty years after that and that was not in a school. Compared to the US where mass shootings are happening on a monthly basis and school shootings multiple times a month this past year.

This statement is only true if you use one definition for the US and another for Australia. In other words, if you exhibit the usual grabber level of consistency.

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I already know and already said the reason.

You already know too. I was just wondering if you would actually say it.

Well, not so much wondering as wanting to demonstrate you would not. Honesty about Bloomberg'$ $peech can't be allowed to interfere with the Holy Quest to ban our .22's.

So, you admit your real reason for asking is an attempt to get me to do your bidding. You just want to fuck with people  

Sorry Tom. Not playing your game. You know, the one where you assign a position to someone and challenge them to defend it.

Then, you do it, again. 

And, again. 

1 hour ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

This statement is only true if you use one definition for the US and another for Australia. In other words, if you exhibit the usual grabber level of consistency.

I'd give you points for the attempt to spin a statement about "mass shootings" to be relevant to your question regarding "school shootings"... but you've been trying that old line for five years. It's worn out, like most of your routine. Find someone who hasn't seen your entire bag of tricks, multiple times, already. The bait just doesn't work when we've seen you do the same shit over and over again.

If I wanted to play a game of "let's pretend we haven't done this already" - I'd wake the missus up for a much more enjoyable variant of it. Not interested Tom. Told you that before, remains the same no matter how many posts you try mischaracterising from the past.

If they aren't shooting up the school there is comfort that they are at home shooting.

Sheriff: Boy shoots sister in video game controller dispute

Source: Associated Press

The Associated Press 
 Updated 7:24 pm, Sunday, March 18, 2018 

Authorities in Mississippi say a 9-year-old boy has shot his 13-year-old sister in the head and wounded her after an argument over a video game controller. 

Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell told local news outlets that the girl wouldn't give up the video game controller when her brother wanted it on Saturday. He says the boy shot the girl in the back of the head and that the bullet entered her brain. 

The girl was rushed to Le Bonheur's Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. Details of her condition weren't immediately known Sunday afternoon. 

Authorities say they don't yet know how the firearm used in the shooting had been accessed. The sheriff added that the circumstances of the shooting are still being investigated.

Read more: https://www.chron.com/news/us/article/Sheriff-Boy-shoots-sister-in-video-game-12762830.php 

39 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

If they aren't shooting up the school there is comfort that they are at home shooting.

Sheriff: Boy shoots sister in video game controller dispute

Source: Associated Press

The Associated Press 
 Updated 7:24 pm, Sunday, March 18, 2018 

Authorities in Mississippi say a 9-year-old boy has shot his 13-year-old sister in the head and wounded her after an argument over a video game controller. 

Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell told local news outlets that the girl wouldn't give up the video game controller when her brother wanted it on Saturday. He says the boy shot the girl in the back of the head and that the bullet entered her brain. 

The girl was rushed to Le Bonheur's Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. Details of her condition weren't immediately known Sunday afternoon. 

Authorities say they don't yet know how the firearm used in the shooting had been accessed. The sheriff added that the circumstances of the shooting are still being investigated.

Read more: https://www.chron.com/news/us/article/Sheriff-Boy-shoots-sister-in-video-game-12762830.php 

sounds like a .22

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

sounds like a .22

It was a .25 cal pistol.

Blah, blah, blah, .22

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Blah, blah, blah, .22

Tell me more.

Congrats to Kroger, this is an excellent idea.

Kroger stops selling magazines featuring assault rifles

Source: USA Today

Kroger said it will stop selling magazines that feature assault rifles as part of a tightening of its policies in the wake of the Parkland mass shooting and growing national anger over gun violence. 

The Cincinnati-based supermarket retailer said the new policy is being phased in now across its national chain. Kroger didn't name specific titles, but periodicals that have featured assault weapons include: Guns & Ammo, Tactical Life and Recoil. 

“We regularly review the company’s assortment of periodicals and make merchandising decisions based on customer preferences,” said Kroger spokeswoman Kristal Howard. 

Kroger officials said the latest decision dovetails with the retailer's move a few weeks ago to raise the minimum age to buy guns from its Fred Meyer chain from 18 to 21.

Read more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/retail/2018/03/19/kroger-stops-selling-magazines-featuring-assault-rifles/437289002/ 

More thoughts and prayers required -

Multiple Injuries Reported in Shooting at St. Mary's Co. High School

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Shooting-Investigation-Underway-at-St-Marys-Co-High-School-477374093.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand

excerpt -

Multiple people were injured in a shooting at a high school in southeast Maryland Tuesday morning, the St. Mary’s County sheriff’s office confirmed.

The shooting happened Tuesday morning at Great Mills High School in Great Mills, Maryland. 

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Shooting-Investigation-Underway-at-St-Marys-Co-High-School-477374093.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand

excerpt -

Multiple people were injured in a shooting at a high school in southeast Maryland Tuesday morning, the St. Mary’s County sheriff’s office confirmed.

The shooting happened Tuesday morning at Great Mills High School in Great Mills, Maryland. 

Sounds pretty similar to a suicide at a property that was once a school in terms of danger to children usefulness to grabbers. I can see why you chose this thread.

Unlike some here, those Parkland kids have the courage of their convictions and don't stop at TnP. They're very clear that they want to DO SOMETHING and that the SOMETHING is to ban our .22's.

Just now, Uncooperative Tom said:

Sounds pretty similar to a suicide at a property that was once a school in terms of danger to children usefulness to grabbers. I can see why you chose this thread.

Unlike some here, those Parkland kids have the courage of their convictions and don't stop at TnP. They're very clear that they want to DO SOMETHING and that the SOMETHING is to ban our .22's.

Weird stuff, Tom. You come up short, even on T&P. You offer ridicule to young folk seeking a solution to the problem, a problem created by Libertarians. The word that comes to mind is deplorable.

38 minutes ago, Sean said:

excerpt -

I have run out of P  so I'll just send T 

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Raising awareness of school shootings?:huh:

They are the most convenient kind for grabberz, so we have to even be aware of the ones that happen on real estate that was once a school!

Raise that awareness to 11 on the 10 scale! Only scared people will act as stupidly as grabberz want us to act!

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

blah blah blah

• Like 1

We're up to 22 school shootings this year?  

7 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Depends on the epidemiology and etymology of your unsubstantiated allegations and besides some of those schools were closed, just ask Tom.

10 hours ago, Raz'r said:

But only a few were convenient enough to the grabber quest to get a thread here. Go figure.

Meanwhile, I had to replace the flags on my virtue signaling thingy because I'm the only one thinking and praying for the inconvenient victims about whom Bloomberg barely $peak$. No one else seems to want to do it, so...

Looks like our local cops have done their job. A member of the local well-regulated militia was at a sporting goods store yesterday bragging on how he was going to defend freedumb and shoot up a local school.

Which, coming on the note in the kids bathroom last week that there was a shooting plan got a few folks a bit concerned. You know, we all respect 2nd amendment rights to take on the man, but would rather our kids not die today.  I know, it's unreasonable.  But, it is what it is.

The MAN in this case found the militia member, and he's now under arrest. I suppose he'll claim his 2nd amendment rights are being violated.

17 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

A month ago, these kids watched their classmates die, and managed to survive a mass murderer.  They want adults to help make their schools safe so that they no longer have to worry about whether they will be getting shot and killed at school.  What kind of assholes distort that message into something political?  

I'd say this thread is the best answer to that question.

The same kind of asshole who will try to exploit a suicide on a piece of real estate that used to be a school to further the D Holy Quest to ban and confiscate our .22's would definitely do the same thing with an actual school shooting, just as they have been doing for years.

But I guess a few people still haven't picked up on why Bloomberg $peak$ about the most convenient kind of shootings separately.

15 hours ago, lasal said:

"As you may know, there is a march in support of stricter gun laws planned for the end of March. Do you approve or disapprove of this protest?"

Approve Disapprove Unsure/
No answer

% % %    

3/16-20/18

63 31 6

What an asshole! Don't you know gun laws are political?

Those kids are just protesting (in our state capitol, for some reason) for school safety! Why do you want to make what they're doing political?

In fact, what is a discussion of it even doing in POLITICAL Anarchy?

19 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Tom, you jerked the Sol quote off on your own thread (where you lecture away to not politicize or mis-count school shootings). Well, yes, Everytown openly defines such an incident as every time a gun goes off.

Tom, do you feel Bloomberg has invented or fabricated the school shooting problem?

I don't think a suicide on a piece of real estate that was once a school is a reason to ban and confiscate our .22's.

Bloomberg was using one as such, which is the second most-obvious BS on this board at the moment. Sol takes the prize with his attempt to claim that "school shootings" are just about "school safety" when we know why Bloomberg $peak$ about them separately. They're by far the most convenient kind of shooting for grabberz who seek to ban and confiscate our .22's.

5 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I don't think a suicide on a piece of real estate that was once a school is a reason to ban and confiscate our .22's.

Bloomberg was using one as such, which is the second most-obvious BS on this board at the moment. Sol takes the prize with his attempt to claim that "school shootings" are just about "school safety" when we know why Bloomberg $peak$ about them separately. They're by far the most convenient kind of shooting for grabberz who seek to ban and confiscate our .22's.

Your post  ^^^ is nonsense and jibberish. More of. I can't even follow it through all the silliness. I have no reason to sort useless garbage. Contact with you has lost edification, my friend.

This is why Sol is out. This is why quality individuals such as Raz'r and BJ put you on ignore. Why d'ranger and Ish said buh bye this week. I owe it to myself to enjoy other company Tom. But I am pulling for you, seriously.

23 hours ago, lasal said:

"As you may know, there is a march in support of stricter gun laws planned for the end of March. Do you approve or disapprove of this protest?"

Approve Disapprove Unsure/
No answer

% % %    

3/16-20/18

63 31 6

What an asshole! Don't you know gun laws are political?

Those kids are just protesting (in our state capitol, for some reason) for school safety! Why do you want to make what they're doing political?

In fact, what is a discussion of it even doing in POLITICAL Anarchy?

By political, Sol was referring to the disgusting false, personal, and immoral attacks on those brave and brilliant kids. That was clear. The kids are advocating laws that work, however, which is something science can tell us.

I think it's great that you understand that the process to get those laws enacted, and re-enacted, is a political one. On the science end, did you know that Missouri's repeal of its 'license to purchase' law, requiring all handgun purchasers to poses a background check and license before purchasing any handgun, is associated with a 23% increase in gun homicide rates?

Did you know in Mass, with its strict gun lock up and secure laws, that the youth suicide rate is 35% below the national average?

The best thing you could do for yourself, Tom, is to take a boat ride with your little fem .22 rifle, grab it by the barrel when you're about a mile off, and whip that fucking thing out into the ocean as far as you can. Amen.

(Stats from The Economist 3/24/18 pp 26, 27)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lasal said:

By political, Sol was referring to the disgusting false, personal, and immoral attacks on those brave and brilliant kids. That was clear. The kids are advocating laws that work, however, which is something science can tell us.

I think it's great that you understand that the process to get those laws enacted, and re-enacted, is a political one. On the science end, did you know that Missouri's repeal of its 'license to purchase' law, requiring all handgun purchasers to poses a background check and license before purchasing any handgun, is associated with a 23% increase in gun homicide rates?

Did you know in Mass, with its strict gun lock up and secure laws, that the youth suicide rate is 35% below the national average?

The best thing you could do for yourself, Tom, is to take a boat ride with your little fem .22 rifle, grab it by the barrel when you're about a mile off, and whip that fucking thing out into the ocean as far as you can. Amen.

(Stats from The Economist 3/24/18 pp 26, 27)

This sentence: "They want adults to help make their schools safe so that they no longer have to worry about whether they will be getting shot and killed at school."

Is not about people being assholes to the kids at all. It's about DOING SOMETHING. And DOING SOMETHING over and over and over again has proven to mean "ban (assault weapons, our .22's)." That's not political?

We discussed "Synthetic Missouri" in the Missouri background check thread. Yes, I'm aware that gungrabby researchers invented an imaginary state whose behavior was governed by their assumptions and then, to no one's surprise, the imaginary state behaved exactly like gungrabby researchers would assume it would. What actually happened to the real numbers in the real state? Go read the thread.

I support FL's secure storage laws.

The best thing you can do for yourself is try to learn English so you won't think that a post advocating political action is just about bullying kids any more.

Grab it by the barrel and fling it into the river, Tom. It owns your soul.

17 hours ago, lasal said:

But I don't want my soul in the river! It should be out on the flats. Or maybe in the Gulf Stream.

6 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:
23 hours ago, lasal said:

But I don't want my soul in the river! It should be out on the flats. Or maybe in the Gulf Stream.

Well fling away, where you wish, and be free of it. Free US from it Tom.

On 3/30/2018 at 1:54 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

We discussed "Synthetic Missouri" in the Missouri background check thread. Yes, I'm aware that gungrabby researchers invented an imaginary state whose behavior was governed by their assumptions and then, to no one's surprise, the imaginary state behaved exactly like gungrabby researchers would assume it would. What actually happened to the real numbers in the real state? Go read the thread.

You total fucker.

1. The Missouri study was real-time math, not synthetically based. Though corrected for the same gag elsewhere, you are again conflating it with a second, non-peer reviewed, Webster study. (FYI, the synthetic type studies you are faulting are actively accepted by science in certain areas.)
  2. The Missouri study formed a powerful conclusion about the pre-2007 safety of permit-to-purchase in Missouri: the murder increase was ~60 murders per year. Gun murders shot up 23%, double digits again.
  3. You got your pants pulled down on that thread for cooking the books in Post 35, then lying about the poisoning and strangulation figures you used.
  4. You are a poser, mate.

Effects of the Repeal of Missouri’s Handgun Purchaser Licensing Law on Homicides 2014

Using death certificate data available through 2010, the repeal of Missouri’s PTP law was associated with an increase  in annual firearm homicides rates of (+23 %) but was unrelated to changes in non-firearm homicide rates.

Using Uniform Crime Reporting data from police through 2012, the law’s repeal was associated with increased annual murders rates of (+16 %).

These estimated effects translate to increases of between 55 and 63 homicides per year in Missouri.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11524-014-9865-8

• Like 1

I'll go with "estimated effects" not "real time math" and those estimates are governed by the gungrabby assumptions of the estimators. You'd see this if the estimators were saying bad things about gun control.

Getting rid of my gun would not be the cure-all some here seem to think it is. I'd still come around saying it's bullshit to call ordinary .22's like it weapons of war that don't belong on our streets.

I'd still say that trying to exploit a suicide to ban (assault weapons, our .22's) because the real estate where it occurred has a history as a school is BS too.

On 3/16/2018 at 7:20 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

I have as much to do with those incidents as a guy killing himself on a piece of real estate that was once a school.

But they do sound politically convenient and potentially useful in the endless quest to ban our .22's.

You are a daily voice for freewheeing guns. You've been hitting ten gun threads every morning. You have a bag of tricks as a gun apologist.

Your escape plan, your backup, is to join the NRA and contribute until it hurts.

Your Libertarian group set up Heller, mate, and sorry, this is the outcome which you own:

GVA Totals, compared over four years 2014-2017

Gun violence  and crime incidents are collected/validated from 2,000 sources daily – incidents and their source data are found at the gunviolencearchive.org website.

1: Actual number of deaths and injuries

2: Number of INCIDENTS reported and verified

• Road Rage Up 250% in three years
  • Number of Injuries Up 29% over four years
  • Total gun incidents Up 18% over four years
  • Gun deaths( excluding 22,000 suicides/yr average) Up 23% in four years
  • Defensive Gun Uses Up 27% in four years
  • Officer involved, /suspect shooter killed) up 17% over four years
  • Accidental Shootings up 25% over four years
  • Number of Home Invasions Down 5% over four years
  • Number of Children (age 0-11) Injured Up 19% over four years
  • Teens killed or injured (ages 12-17, not incl suicides) Up 38% over four years
  • Mass Shootings Up 26% over four years

On 4/2/2018 at 2:54 PM, jocal505 said:

You are a daily voice for freewheeing guns.

I find it remarkable, Joe, that the only freewheeling, dangerous,  on the street, etc guns in this forum are the ones owned by people who disagree with you.

Any fellow travelers of yours who own or privately sell guns are not to be mentioned. Why is that?

1 hour ago, bpm57 said:

I find it remarkable, Joe, that the only freewheeling, dangerous,  on the street, etc guns in this forum are the ones owned by people who disagree with you.

Any fellow travelers of yours who own or privately sell guns are not to be mentioned. Why is that?

Because as it happens, my friends don't have any guns?

1 hour ago, jocal505 said:

Because as it happens, my friends don't have any guns?

And those fellow travelers of yours who do private gun sales? Why the lack of commentary from you?

Did that idiot actually use the term "Fellow Travelers"?

Is this the 50's FFS?

Did I just see Rod Serling?

"Fellow Travelers" :lol:

37 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Did that idiot actually use the term "Fellow Travelers"?

Is this the 50's FFS?

Dude is totally from 1952. The aliens are having trouble adjusting to this decade.

10 hours ago, bpm57 said:

And those fellow travelers of yours who do private gun sales? Why the lack of commentary from you?

Some behavior is worse than other behavior. I focus on what I see as the problem areas. Badlat is off my radar, yes.

Jical's thing is to debunk Larry Pratt's believers. Sister Mary Deadeye's thing thing is to do a helicopter nun thingee above liberals with guns.

7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Phony news all about. Pedophelia ring in pizza joint basement gets citizen remedy. The Prez lies about whatever he wishes. Porn stars and graft are managed from the WH, in a land which entertains birthers and AW's.

The answer to your question is yes. Welcome to the twilight zone.

8 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Enjoyed banter with Tom, other than when he stalked me for awhile after disagreeing on an interpretation of the Trevon Martin killer. But his latest dancing on the graves of kids? Scum as well.

I never know what grabberz are thinking I said because there's never a quote from me to match one of these diatribes.

Is this the thread you're referencing? Or when did I "dance on the graves of kids" in your view?

This thread is mostly about a suicide by a middle aged man. The only connection to kids is that the real estate where it occurred was once a school. That just doesn't seem to me like it endangers kids in any way, let alone enough to justify banning (assault weapons, our .22's), which is how "school shootings" are used politically by TeamD.

I think the people who go looking soooo damn hard for a "school shooting" that they come up with a suicide at a former school are the ones who are a bit over-eager to see dead kids for their own political reasons.

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I never know what grabberz are thinking I said because there's never a quote from me to match one of these diatribes.

Is this the thread you're referencing? Or when did I "dance on the graves of kids" in your view?

This thread is mostly about a suicide by a middle aged man. The only connection to kids is that the real estate where it occurred was once a school. That just doesn't seem to me like it endangers kids in any way, let alone enough to justify banning (assault weapons, our .22's), which is how "school shootings" are used politically by TeamD.

I think the people who go looking soooo damn hard for a "school shooting" that they come up with a suicide at a former school are the ones who are a bit over-eager to see dead kids for their own political reasons.

Lame ^^^.

Tom, IMO your most disgusting low point was to use the images of mass shooter victims to blatantly defend AW's. It was revolting, but you needed attention.

Or the time you danced around, unable to state that what Dylann Roof did was wrong. You even became unsure of what it was that he did. (You needed attention, from Sol.) Can cite.

20 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Or the time you danced around, unable to state that what Dylann Roof did was wrong. You even became unsure of what it was that he did. (You needed attention, from Sol.) Can cite.

I don't know what you're talking about in the first one but I want to dispute this completely unfair characterization.

As I said twice, I'm a huge fan of racist mass murderers, just as one would expect from someone who doesn't want ordinary .22's banned and confiscated.

Did cite. Twice.

Why would I be "unable to state that what the murderer did was wrong"?

Because I like racist murderers even more than I like child murderers! Of course. Just as one would expect from someone who doesn't want ordinary .22's banned and confiscated.

4 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I don't know what you're talking about in the first one but I want to dispute this completely unfair characterization.

As I said twice, I'm a huge fan of racist mass murderers, just as one would expect from someone who doesn't want ordinary .22's banned and confiscated.

Did cite. Twice.

Why would I be "unable to state that what the murderer did was wrong"?

Because I like racist murderers even more than I like child murderers! Of course. Just as one would expect from someone who doesn't want ordinary .22's banned and confiscated.

You were dancing on the graves of peaceful black Christians. I didn't care for it. Don't defend it now, Tom.

Later, you used the pictures of victims over your violence-based posts promoting the weapons which killed them. These posts pleased you. Just sayin', you seem clueless.

19 hours ago, jocal505 said:

You were dancing on the graves of peaceful black Christians. I didn't care for it. Don't defend it now, Tom.

Later, you used the pictures of victims over your violence-based posts promoting the weapons which killed them. These posts pleased you. Just sayin', you seem clueless.

Of course I was! That's what fans of racist mass murderers like myself do!

Still not as horrifying as saying bad things about TeamD gun bans, but it's one of my more deplorable attributes.

On 12/2/2016 at 9:36 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

I thought you were asking whether I thought the (Dylann Roof) murders were wrong. But I don't want to try to read your mind.

Which actions, specifically, do you wonder whether I believe were wrong?

Sean created a new thread for this but I think a post from Bloomberg lecturing us about reality really belongs in a thread where he's been $peaking about a suicide at a property that was once a school as a "school shooting" to advance his political goals.

13 hours ago, Sean said:

Michael Bloomberg delivered a remarkable commencement address at Rice University. I highly recommend we all read it .

excerpt -

“To be honorable, you must be honest. And that means speaking honestly, and acting honestly, even when it requires you to admit wrongdoing -- and suffer the consequences.  The commitment to honesty is a responsibility that you accepted as an Owl.  It is also, I believe, a patriotic responsibility.

“As young children, one of the first things we learn about American history is the story of George Washington and the fallen cherry tree.  ‘I cannot tell a lie,’ young George tells his father. ‘I cut it down.’  That story is a legend, of course.  But legends are passed down from generation to generation because they carry some larger truth.

“The cherry tree legend has endured because it's not really about George Washington. It's about us, as a nation. It's about what we want for our children -- and what we value in our leaders: honesty.

“We’ve always lionized our two greatest presidents -- Washington and Lincoln -- not only for their accomplishments, but also for their honesty.  We see their integrity and morals as a reflection of our honor as a nation.

“However, today when we look at the city that bears Washington's name, it's hard not to wonder: What the hell happened?

snip

“For my generation, the plain truth about America -- the freedom, opportunity, and prosperity we enjoyed -- was our most powerful advantage in the Cold War.  The more communists had access to real news, the more they would demand freedom.  We believed that -- and we were right.

“Today, though, many of those at the highest levels of power see the plain truth as a threat. They fear it. They deny it. And they attack it -- just as the communists once did. And so here we are, in the midst of an epidemic of dishonesty, and an endless barrage of lies.

“The trend toward elected officials propagating alternate realities -- or winking at those who do -- is one of the most serious dangers facing democracies. Free societies depend on citizens who recognize that deceit in government isn’t something to shrug your shoulders at.

“When elected officials speak as though they are above the truth, they will act as though they are above the law. And when we tolerate dishonesty, we get criminality.

“Sometimes, it's in the form of corruption. Sometimes, it's abuse of power.  And sometimes, it's both. If left unchecked, these abuses can erode the institutions that preserve and protect our rights and freedoms -- and open the door to tyranny and fascism.

“Now, you might say: There’s always been deceitful politicians and dishonest politicians -- in both parties. And that's true.  But there is now more tolerance for dishonesty in politics than I have seen in my lifetime.  And I've been alive for one-third of the time the United States has existed!   I know, you find that hard to believe.  So do I, but if you do the math, that’s what it is.

“My generation can tell you:  The only thing more dangerous than dishonest politicians who have no respect for the law, is a chorus of enablers who defend their every lie.

“Remember: The Honor Code here at Rice just doesn’t require you to be honest.  It requires you to say something if you saw others acting dishonestly.  Now that might be the most difficult part of an honor code, but it may also be the most important, because violations affect the whole community.

“And the same is true in our country.  If we want elected officials to be honest, we have to hold them accountable when they are not -- or else suffer the consequences.

“Now, don't get me wrong: honest people can disagree. That's what democracy is all about! But productive debate requires an acceptance of basic reality.

Uh huh. Now go misrepresent and exploit another suicide to pursue your gun control agenda.