bigrpowr

Sydney To Hobart 2018

22 minutes ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

While you on the other hand would be clambering as hard as you could to get on the Palm Beach and suck the owners cock and say thank you for not keeping clear no doubt.

Oh, I’m sorry - were you speaking? All I heard was “ blah blah another Wild Oats fanboy blah blah.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jason AUS said:

Oh, I’m sorry - were you speaking? All I heard was “ blah blah another Wild Oats fanboy blah blah.”

Black Jack actually, doesn't make MR's observation any less valid.

The Sunfish are out in force today..! Cross your fingers. Looking froward to the tracker and to see their courses. Different strategies already as expect really.

About 2 hours till the first sked. Around 4pm

since the magnificent 7 hour of coverage is up, is there a link for Nik?

Stream was awesome in the States.  Lots of shots without commentary while everyone else was watching ads.  Now onto the tracker!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, r22tahoe said:

her stream is done as well

3 minutes ago, r22tahoe said:

Can’t find her & tracker not working.   Shows positions but click on boat & no info pops up?

Just now, blunderfull said:

Can’t find her & tracker not working.   Shows positions but click on boat & no info pops up?

Are you looking at it on PC or tablet? If PC just hover your mouse over the boat and the info displays in the top bar, not sure about mobile devices, haven't looked there yet.

The current speed delta between Comanche at 24kts, Infotrack/WOXI at 20kts, BJ at 18kts and the 50-60 footers in the 13-15kt range is impressive, go the big Indian!

• Like 1

Just now, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Are you looking at it on PC or tablet? If PC just hover your mouse over the boat and the info displays in the top bar, not sure about mobile devices, haven't looked there yet.

Was expecting it to appear over boat.   Going to Windy now.   

Just now, samc99us said:

The current speed delta between Comanche at 24kts, Infotrack/WOXI at 20kts, BJ at 18kts and the 50-60 footers in the 13-15kt range is impressive, go the big Indian!

Info got dusted by Indian.   They should be fast too but not right now.

29 minutes ago, forss said:

Windy tracker is also working. 10 minutes between updates.
https://gis.ee/sh/

Thanks Forss, much better that the official one.

Every year 7's coverage gets worse, the ads this year were fucking ridiculous!

• Like 2

On 12/20/2018 at 12:19 AM, forss said:

I have received dozen emails/private messages about my tracker for this year.

I have updated to new Windy version and I hope it will work on boxing day :)

Thank-you Squire .

and who the fok is this kenny dumass .

Comanmche already has a mile over WOX1!!  Add that to the 1/4 mile head start at the last turning mark and that basically equates to a knot faster.  

With the breeze increasing as the arvo goes on, the Indian could have 15-20 miles on WOX1 by dark!!

1 minute ago, mezaire said:

that basically equates to a knot faster. 

17.7 v 22 , tad more than a knot :)

if The big 5 sail into lesser air the skinnier boat like woxi might be able to make up ground on the wide bodies.  Maybe

17 minutes ago, overlay said:

Wild Oats is the slowest of the BIG 5 currently.

30 minutes ago, samc99us said:

They are only spot SOG's taken at tracker update interval. The delta to Comanche using time and distance is BJ 2.4k and WOXI 1.8k. 

33 minutes ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Black Jack actually, doesn't make MR's observation any less valid.

Valid or not, when my customers do something that annoys me I don’t refer to them as my “fucking customers.” And if I happened to have a TV camera perched on my shoulder as part of a national telecast, I absolutely would not be smack talking them.

1 hour ago, twistandtape said:

Ricko choking harder than the sails on WOXI

Screams at his trimmer "get the jib on,get the jib" on while a voice in the background says "you need to come away". He comes away. Knob

Owned by BJ again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SPORTSCAR said:

Screams at his trimmer "get the jib on,get the jib" on while a voice in the background says "you need to come away". He comes away. Knob

Owned by BJ again.

That was the quote of the day for me.

Marine Traffic showing the boats but cant see Oats and Info. Comanche doing 22.5 Knots at last check the others 18-19 Knots

12 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Even Scally is running WOXI down, dead heat for 5th.

Actually that is not right. Scally and WOXI's have identical SOG and both going about 0.6k faster than BJ and IT.

Further back the girls are smokin' going around 0.6k quicker than RP sister Alive. Ichi on fire >1k on the 50' Privateer and 0.6k quicker than 63' Voodoo.

12 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Actually that is not right. Scally and WOXI's have identical SOG and both going about 0.6k faster than BJ and IT.

In a dead heat for 5th.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, paps49 said:

In a dead heat for 5th.

I understand IT go slows but BJ is hard to fathom other than the inside line not working for them. Alive further back have the same inside line and speed issue compared to WOX further out is maybe a hint. Both seem to think the breeze may back a bit soon?

BJ looks to be heading out now - 170 degrees. Scally at 190 is interesting though. Some monster speeds out there. 

2 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Throw a blanket over them at this point.

Tracker is all over the shop, Comanche suddenly 4nm ahead!

3 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Tracker is all over the shop, Comanche suddenly 4nm ahead!

They don't update exactly at the same time. Wait a bit until after the 10 min interval.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

They don't update exactly at the same time. Wait a bit until after the 10 min interval.

Yes I think Comanche around 4 miles ahead and that makes sense last report doing 28 Knots of boat speed. Most the others are putting out 20-23 Knots thereabouts. Waiting for official line honours report so we can see where the mid size boats are in relation to each other

8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

If land observations of TWS are a reasonable guide there is 10kts more at Jervis Bay around an hour away than they have now have off Kiama.

Yeah and Comanche and Info will be wanting to milk this while they can. Scally doing ok hanging in there although she should be with the mods. Ichi Ban look good early surfing at 19-20 Knots

12 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Yes I think Comanche around 4 miles ahead and that makes sense last report doing 28 Knots of boat speed. 

Yeah I think I ignored my own suggestion. She is however sailing around 15 degrees higher than the other 4 which sort of goes contry to their claims of finding more speed at bigger angles? Or they have picked a different doorway through the transition.

9 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Better than good.

Yeah, I suppose 10th on LH is slightly better than good. :)

Scally out with a broken sprit?

Scanas on Trumpcard will be grinning... in the middle of the 3rd line and ahead of quicker and bigger machines. It will be a bit rolly polly on that old thing though.

9 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yeah I think I ignored my own suggestion. She is however sailing around 15 degrees higher than the other 4 which sort of goes contry to their claims of finding more speed at bigger angles? Or they have picked a different doorway through the transition.

Possibly the later Jack as they are doing 28 Knots, surely could come down a little with that.? I couldn't see the forecasts further offshore prior to this so I'm only assuming that's the plan?Privateer doing quite well only 1 mile behind IB

15 minutes ago, Roleur said:

Scally out with a broken sprit?

Well that means less pressure to get back here for January 2nd to be shipped to the Carribean...

8 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Scallywag retired...! I think that's a shame but I'm not surprised. 

You reap what you sow with preparation, particularly one straight out of the shop.

One of the most important things WOXI1 has over BJ (aside from the massive changes in canoe body) is that she is one of only 2 yachts in the world to have a tungsten bulb.From memory a 20-25% reduction in area vs a similar lead bulb

1 minute ago, thetruth said:

One of the most important things WOXI1 has over BJ (aside from the massive changes in canoe body) is that she is one of only 2 yachts in the world to have a tungsten bulb.From memory a 20-25% reduction in area vs a similar lead bulb

I thought it was spent Uranium...:)

3 minutes ago, thetruth said:

Not true

BJ still has the Tungsten Bulb - and have worked very hard not to lose it.

WO was not allowed to keep theirs - too much hull chaanges (by percentage) so back to ol' Lead bulb

7 minutes ago, thetruth said:

BJ is the one with the Tungsten bulb!

4 minutes ago, thetruth said:

Interesting I thought it was only Oats and Frank Pong

That's why nobody likes you I guess.

Comanche not reporting position. Deduced Reckoning. Have they accidentally on purpose unplugged their antenna? Oats doing really well compared to Info in these conditions. She is ready to pounce.

The tracker has been hacked by the Russians or the Indian has hit a speed bump. The Privateers have pushed Ichi off the top perch even after dropping back a bit?

Yeah Comanche's position is not accurate, She should be still extending and I'm tipping 5 miles ahead. Has been stuck on 24.4 Knots for ages now. Vodoo now ahead of IB. 

What can Alive see on the inside that others cannot. The Forss tracker (overlaying Windy) shows a bit more pressure in there. But for how long...

Just now, paps49 said:

5 kn SWester off Bermagui waiting for them ATM.

Ouch...! I'm tipping the Big Indian knows that and heading offshore chasing the AIR ...

"Mast issues" on Zen.  Sad, after the huge effort to make the start.

Tracker seems to have shaken off the hackers, Comanche 6nm ahead. The splits on the top 4 were all over the shop.

Anyone have access to forward weather? Windy lacks it for this edition. Will this hole close and where?