K9u20

Thompson T 590 with no jib

I know there are a couple in the states. Anyone know of specifics. My brother and I are looking for one. We sail a C Scow now but are getting older and don't want to swim and some of the new    Venues we sail now (no one design here) are really choppy. I like the idea of mainsail only and spinnaker. Any leads appreciated

We had a boat just like the Wylie 17 but want to go a little bigger,  more powered up and have the option of using a spinnaker. No jibs for when I singlehand

There were only ever one or two of those in the US - no idea where they ended up - it is quite a while back

Take a look at the VX One - about the same size and a whole lot faster

Similar to the VX one, there's a VX evo that has no jib.  It's worth looking at, but smaller and may have more problems with the chop you mention.

My current boat is basically a small (16'). T 590.  It has a pivot keel and no jib but a spinnaker. Great boat for singlehanding but not as good with both of us on it (500 lbs)  Really like the simplicity of my boat just want a little bigger to sail with 2 without spending 20 k.

On 2/27/2018 at 8:54 AM, PurpleOnion said:

Similar to the VX one, there's a VX evo that has no jib.  It's worth looking at, but smaller and may have more problems with the chop you mention.

VX Evo is a singlehander