Nailing Malarkey Too

Hey Gouvernail, what were you saying about the markets

On 2/26/2018 at 1:58 PM, Hillary said:

Remind me...

Sooner or later you will tire of looking like an idiot.

3 minutes ago, benwynn said:

It's not just a hobby, it's a compulsion. Like biting his toenails, or licking his balls.

31 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I think you are wrong there.

It's been going on for years now.

Remind me...

Of how idiotic you are? My pleasure.

Yoo-hoo_logo.gif

280px-2006_Honda_Ridgeline_RTS_--_NHTSA_

1500996943107.jpg

preprocessing.png

trump.png?fit=493,252&ssl=1

Remind me...

that scott pruitt's first year in his role at the 'EPA'  set the agency back about 20 years? quit trying to pretend your head isn't up your ass when it is.

6 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

He he he 

386E18C3-2D5E-4A6B-9D6D-1CDBDCEBCCC7.jpeg

With the 300 point loss the previous day, down 680 in 2 days.

Dow is down another 84 at this point in the morning.

ouch, ouch, ouch.

In general, I don't think presidents have anything to do with daily market movements. Except when they step in a pile of shit like Trump just did:

Wall Street is worried about a trade war.

The Dow dropped more than 500 points on Thursday after President Trump said his administration will impose tariffs on steel and aluminum imports. The Nasdaq and the S&P 500 declined about 1.5% apiece. 

Trump's controversial tariff announcement immediately raised concerns about retaliation from China or other major U.S. trading partners. 

Powered by SmartAsset.com 

"This is the first shot across the bow over a trade war," said Art Hogan, chief market strategist at B. Riley FBR. "And nobody wins a trade war." 

Trump said his administration would impose a 25% tariff on steel imports and a 10% tariff on aluminum. It was not immediately clear whether Trump would exempt some countries from the tariffs, as his national security advisers have urged him to do to avoid hurting U.S. allies. 

Corporate America has warned Trump that tariffs could backfire. Last month, the Business Roundtable warned of the risk of "foreign retaliation" that would "harm the U.S. economy." 

Investors will be looking to see how U.S. trading partners react to the tariffs. 

Beyond worries about retaliation, the tariff news drove concerns about rising costs for companies that rely heavily on aluminum and steel, like auto and plane makers. Imports make up about a third of the steel American businesses use every year, and more than 90% of aluminum used here. Shares of Boeing (BA), General Motors (GM) and Ford (F) fell about 4% apiece.

Can they just sneak some hookers into the White House residence and distract the fool until Mueller gets done?

Melania may have to take one for the team.  

MarketWatch
3:07 pm ET
By Anora M. Gaudiano and Mark DeCambre, MarketWatch Wall Street's 'fear index' jumps above its historic average at 20 as stocks face downdraft U.S. equity indexes sank led by heavy... Read more

S&P 500

2,681.55  32.28 (1.19%)
4pm
1pm
10am

Dow Jones Industrials

24,654.09  375.11 (1.50%)
4pm
1pm
10am

NASDAQ Composite

7,194.03  78.9794 (1.09%)
4pm
1pm
10am

How's that aluminum/steel tariff prospect working out?

Trade war anyone?

edit: Razr beat me to it. Latch $4 gas on to that. Just knocking it out of the park, our admin is.

What? Didn't you mean to say 'inflation'? Markets don't like that. It'll force the Fed's hand to raise interest rates more aggressively.

Tell you what. Go bull on the market and get back to me.

36 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

What? Didn't you mean to say 'inflation'? Markets don't like that. It'll force the Fed's hand to raise interest rates more aggressively.

Tell you what. Go bull on the market and get back to me.

Trump's new Fed Chairman said on Tu that they might raise interest rates 4 times this year.  Result a 580 point drop in 2 days.  Today Bone Spurs says tariffs on imported aluminum and steel and another 420 point drop.  Tomorrow ought to be a hoot

On 2/26/2018 at 3:58 PM, Hillary said:

Remind me...

Yoo Hoo!! Reminder time!!!

AF7FDA01-30BC-4F46-AED4-41C17E2FD325.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Downvote 3

When's he going to put a big tariff on imported clothing?

Oh, right.

Nevermind.

No response from Jack. It must be processing. 420. That's ironic.

Smoke what ya brought.

Ruh Roh.

image.png

Dow Jones futures down almost 300 this morning

I hear that Carnival is offering steep discounts to return customers...

22 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Trade war anyone?

Sounds good.

knock 1 percent off Canadian  GDP. 

Canada is up to its ears in debt.  This gentle  push could easily cause the whole  canadian house of cards to fold.

assets go on sale cheap...hard working American conservative swoop is...buy up   for peanuts, stip  the remaining assets , move production overseas..

its a win win

On 2/27/2018 at 9:15 PM, benwynn said:

Trump never has. 

On 2/28/2018 at 6:20 AM, Ishmael said:

It's not just a hobby, it's a compulsion. Like biting his toenails, or licking his balls.

As long as he doesn't lick his toenails and bite his balls, I don't see any problem there.  The poo flinging is a little disturbing though.

5 hours ago, slug zitski said:

Sounds good.

knock 1 percent off Canadian  GDP. 

Canada is up to its ears in debt.  This gentle  push could easily cause the whole  canadian house of cards to fold.

assets go on sale cheap...hard working American conservative swoop is...buy up   for peanuts, stip  the remaining assets , move production overseas..

its a win win

Even when you try to be a smartass you just look like a stupid shit.

8 hours ago, slug zitski said:

If Canada is "up to its ears" at 92% gdp... what are we up to, at 105? 

Sorry been busy.

In the Last year of Obama's stewardship between Nov. 9th 2015 and Election day  Nov. 8th 2016   (Nov 7th 2015 was a weekend) 

The Dow went from 17,730 to 18,259 a gain of 529 points or 7%/yr

In the first year after Trump's election it went from 18,589 to 23,461 a gain or 4,872 points or 26%/yr

In the 114 days Between then and yesterday's close  it went from 23,461 to 24,538 a gain of 1077 points or 14.7%/yr

Sounds like you clowns have never experienced a correction after a long sharp run. 

• Downvote 4

32 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Yes but we have nuke and Canada doesn't so we are harder to collect from.

• Downvote 4

Ever since the big bang, the universe has been expanding, and contrary to popular belief it is not slowing down , but continues to accelerate until such time where all life as we know it ceases to exist. 

So rest easy my friends, there is hope for a better and brighter future than one where Jack and his idol are allowed to exist.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hillary said:

I love the peace and quiet of the silence that follow my deliver a crushing post.

I was out pruning roses. Are you going to try remedial English classes in your spare time?

52 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Yes but we have nuke and Canada doesn't so we are harder to collect from.

Most of the debt is owed to other branches of government, the federal reserve, state retirement funds, private pension funds, insurance companies, banks, mutual funds...

And the issue isn't "collecting"; it's "not lending anymore", and/or "charging higher rates".

Nukes are relevant... how, exactly?

44 minutes ago, Hillary said:

I love the peace and quiet of the silence that follow my deliver a crushing post.

It takes a little while to recover from the shock of just how stupid you're willing to appear. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hillary said:

Sorry been busy.

In the Last year of Obama's stewardship between Nov. 9th 2015 and Election day  Nov. 8th 2016   (Nov 7th 2015 was a weekend) 

The Dow went from 17,730 to 18,259 a gain of 529 points or 7%/yr

In the first year after Trump's election it went from 18,589 to 23,461 a gain or 4,872 points or 26%/yr

In the 114 days Between then and yesterday's close  it went from 23,461 to 24,538 a gain of 1077 points or 14.7%/yr

Sounds like you clowns have never experienced a correction after a long sharp run. 

So you want to cherry pick statistics??

At the rate the Dow has been crashing  during this last week it will hit zero sometime this summer.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Hillary said:

Holy fucking shit. That's almost as good as your "Golden Intelect." You're not even a good troll. Every time you try to gloat, you completely stomp on your own dick. And you wonder how we know when you're plagiarizing. The sad part is that most of us here can't "unknow" how stupid you are.

1 hour ago, bhyde said:

Holy fucking shit. That's almost as good as your "Golden Intelect." You're not even a good troll. Every time you try to gloat, you completely stomp on your own dick. And you wonder how we know when you're plagiarizing. The sad part is that most of us here can't "unknow" how stupid you are.

I don't think he can stomp on his dick, but he might get his foreskin caught between his teeth on a regular basis. You'd think he would learn.

9 hours ago, frenchie said:

Opps .....

one small nudge and the consumer , plus all the banks are toast .

everthing will go on fire sale 

Think big.......

a buying opportunity, nothing wrong with that 

trade war ?  Bring it on 

IMG_8224.PNG

17 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Opps .....

Think big.......

trade war ?  Bring it on 

IMG_8224.PNG

So, not "Canada", but rather "Canadians".

You're thinking that with a debt-to-income ratio similar to ours before the crash in '08, they're headed for a similar meltdown? 

And Trump's steel tariffs, or the ensuing trade war, will trigger it?

I'd say that's pretty silly.  Their real estate bubble's been driven by foreign buyers, and population growth, and higher workforce participation rate  -  not subprime mortgages. 

And if you think the tariff's going to hurt them nearly as much as it hurts us?  You're clueless. 

We might be most of their steel exports, but steel isn't a major part of their economy in the first place.  Read the Canadian papers.  They're much more concerned about higher prices on American goods made out of steel, when our manufacturers have to pay more for imported steel. 

21 minutes ago, frenchie said:

So, not "Canada", but rather "Canadians".

You're thinking that with a debt-to-income ratio similar to ours before the crash in '08, they're headed for a similar meltdown? 

And Trump's steel tariffs, or the ensuing trade war, will trigger it?

I'd say that's pretty silly.  Their real estate bubble's been driven by foreign buyers, and population growth, and higher workforce participation rate  -  not subprime mortgages. 

And if you think the tariff's going to hurt them nearly as much as it hurts us?  You're clueless. 

We might be most of their steel exports, but steel isn't a major part of their economy in the first place.  Read the Canadian papers.  They're much more concerned about higher prices on American goods made out of steel, when our manufacturers have to pay more for imported steel. 

Im saying the neither Canada or Europe...with all their , distortions  tariffs and protections ...will come out on top if a trade war breaks out .

they are firing blanks 

if you examine the tariff levels and protectionism of our trade partners...you will see things like European Import duties on US automobiles that are 3 times hgher than US tariffs on Eu vechicles .

eu Tariffs on Steel  ?  

IMG_8225.PNG

IMG_8226.PNG

Slug,

Not sure of your point. Are you saying China is the problem and the justification for the Trump tariffs?

When China accounts for 2% of US imports?

Or are you saying that the EU increased tariffs on China and hence there is the justification for the Trump tariffs?

If so, how do you associate Trump applying a blanket increase on all US trading partners compared to a surgical approach by the EU? Which was undertaken after a detailed years long review, when the UK for example fought for engagement with China not a blanket tariff approach, and a detailed systemic plan to manage the glut to lessen the impact globally. 

Which one do you mean?

2 hours ago, slug zitski said:

Im saying the neither Canada or Europe...with all their , distortions  tariffs and protections ...will come out on top if a trade war breaks out .

they are firing blanks 

if you examine the tariff levels and protectionism of our trade partners...you will see things like European Import duties on US automobiles that are 3 times hgher than US tariffs on Eu vechicles .

eu Tariffs on Steel  ?  

Now you want to bring europe into this?  I don't know much about Europe, you'll have to find someone else for that debate.

What "distortions tariffs and protections" are you accusing Canada of?

Are you aware that we have a trade surplus with Canada?  Are you aware we have a trade surplus with Canada, on steel, specifically?

I'm not saying they'll come out on top.  Nobody'll comes out on top.  I'm saying we'll hurt ourselves for no reason.  The whole fucking notion is beyond stupid.  There isn't an "American" steel industry in competition with a "Canadian" steel industry.  There's a single American-Canadian steel industry, at this point. 

Now, if you wanted to talk about a nafta tariff on Chinese steel, or Korean steel... that would make sense.  But a tariff on Canadian steel is just shooting ourselves in the foot. 

2 hours ago, slug zitski said:

IMG_8225.PNG

Like I said, they include unincorporated business in their measurement; we don't. 

Is that one of the "distortions" you were referring to?  'Cause that graph is pretty misleading. 

If we did included unincorporated business, like they do  -  ours would be 141% currently, after peaking in 2007 at 167%.  Just a bit below where theirs is now. 

33 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Now you want to bring europe into this?  I don't know much about Europe, you'll have to find someone else for that debate.

What "distortions tariffs and protections" are you accusing Canada of?

Are you aware that we have a trade surplus with Canada?  Are you aware we have a trade surplus with Canada, on steel, specifically?

I'm not saying they'll come out on top.  Nobody'll comes out on top.  I'm saying we'll hurt ourselves for no reason.  The whole fucking notion is beyond stupid.  There isn't an "American" steel industry in competition with a "Canadian" steel industry.  There's a single American-Canadian steel industry, at this point. 

Now, if you wanted to talk about a nafta tariff on Chinese steel, or Korean steel... that would make sense.  But a tariff on Canadian steel is just shooting ourselves in the foot. 

Like I said, they include unincorporated business in their measurement; we don't. 

Is that one of the "distortions" you were referring to?  'Cause that graph is pretty misleading. 

If we did included unincorporated business, like they do  -  ours would be 141% currently, after peaking in 2007 at 167%.  Just a bit below where theirs is now. 

What I am aware of is that America has the most open markets in the world.

this is the reason America has a huge deficit .

this deficit indicates that America is being taken for a ride

time to change  

Listen to Wilbur Ross , he outlines the isuue very well...even the reason for steel tarifs. 

On 3/3/2018 at 1:21 PM, Hillary said:

I suppose the rest of the world markets rising bigly in the same time frame is Trumps doing too?

On 3/3/2018 at 10:13 PM, slug zitski said:

Opps .....

Think big.......

trade war ?  Bring it on 

IMG_8224.PNG

Probably a bit difficult for you to understand Sluggo but that consumer debt ratio is largely due to crazy real estate prices.

On 3/3/2018 at 1:43 PM, Hillary said:

:lol:

I'd be screaming in pain if I stepped on my dick as crushingly as you do yours.

On 3/4/2018 at 12:26 AM, slug zitski said:

If you weren't such an ignorant fuck you would know that when a trade war breaks out. EVERYONE loses.

You could make an attempt to reduce your level of ignorance by studying a little on the history of trade wars.

But you won't because ignorance like yours is so blissful - until it comes crashing in on you.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:34 AM, SloopJonB said:

I suppose the rest of the world markets rising bigly in the same time frame is Trumps doing too?

Yes

• Downvote 4

On 3/8/2018 at 12:39 AM, SloopJonB said:

:lol:

I'd be screaming in pain if I stepped on my dick as crushingly as you do yours.

Never do. The only victories you ever have are the ones you self declare. 

• Downvote 4

On 3/3/2018 at 1:43 PM, Hillary said:

Wow, You even said it with a Russian accent.

• Like 1

Post that screenshot daily or STFU.  I am anything but a Trump fan, but you can't cherry pick on days the markets dipped.  Two steps forward and one step back, still moves you.

4 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Post that screenshot daily or STFU.  I am anything but a Trump fan, but you can't cherry pick on days the markets dipped.  Two steps forward and one step back, still moves you.

Perhaps you didn’t notice... I CAN cherry pick. 

This thread is of by and for Killery Man Again, Malarkey, Happy Jack, and the new Hillary sock. 

Comments made by the blathering psychopath Gropenfuhrer are recently causing wild swings in the stock market. His big mouth has pretty much stalled out the Obama Administration’s Bull market. 

Inthinknit is reasonable to expect wild swings until the Gropenfuhrer’s term ends or he croaks. 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Perhaps you didn’t notice... I CAN cherry pick. 

Gouv,

You are one of my heroes on this site.  I swear I was at Erie Yacht Club in July '71 or '72 watching two guys ripping across the bay on a Sidewinder.  You are the first to give sage advice to anyone who asks.  Don't let politics fuck that guy up.

Gouv,

You are one of my heroes on this site.  I swear I was at Erie Yacht Club in July '71 or '72 watching two guys ripping across the bay on a Sidewinder.  You are the first to give sage advice to anyone who asks.  Don't let politics fuck that guy up.

Wow... I am humbled.. please understand ... these photos of down days are simply aimed at Happy Jack...

certainly there are up Days.

Certainly every politician does and says things with which I agree. 

The ENTIRE point of these posts is to remind Happy Jack Malarkey Killery  Man Again Hillary——

there are undeniably bad days under his infallible hero just like under every POTUS. 

~~~~~~~~~

Don’t  let the next post bother you!!

it isn’t for anybody but the guy who started the thread 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

Today could be fun. All 3 major indices are down over 1% in futures trading. DJ down in excess of 300.

Today could be fun. All 3 major indices are down over 1% in futures trading. DJ down in excess of 300.

The prospect of a retaliatory trade war with China isn't doing much good.

The prospect of a retaliatory trade war with China isn't doing much good.

China could really hurt Boeing if they switch future orders to Airbus.  They usually split them near 50/50.

The prospect of a retaliatory trade war with China and eminent Fed rate hike isn't doing much good.

FIFY 

FIFY 

the rate hike is a nothingburger, unless you just woke up from a 2 year nap.

But this one is an eminent rate hike, it must be better.

• Like 1

Will they use eminent domain to implement it?

a little Tarriff Action - thanks Trump!

ya asshole!

Y'all better hit Harbour Freight before the prices go up.

You don't have to worry about clothing prices.

Damned Gropenfuhrer is totally fucking up Obama’s bull stock market 

E6CF46F7-73A5-4D1F-A49E-348FD81F6EA1.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

For what amounts to a tax on the consumer. Someone around here used to say, "Free markets, free people".

Now it's, "Lose 10% in your 401k and pay more for goods!"

I'm getting sick of winning.

Oh really, care to elaborate?

Ya douchebag!

Oh really, care to elaborate?

Ya douchebag!

So you think the rate hike surprised the market? I bet the other poker players love it when you join the table.

One man's buying opportunity is another man's diminished standard of living. 

One man's buying opportunity is another man's penalty for being stupid and selling on a down.

• Like 1

One man's buying opportunity is another man's penalty for being stupid and selling on a down.

I got into it with my ex last night since she has a bunch of my money to invest now. She said she was going to sell and pull out/take the penalty because the market was going down.

OMG. I worked hard for that money and passed up nice things for decades. I tried to explain how to invest and why cash in the bank doing nothing is a bad idea for awhile but she doesn't get it at all. She finally agreed to go to a fiduciary. "Do they cost money?" No dear, they live on unicorn tears and rainbows.

JFC.

I got into it with my ex last night since she has a bunch of my money to invest now. She said she was going to sell and pull out/take the penalty because the market was going down.

OMG. I worked hard for that money and passed up nice things for decades. I tried to explain how to invest and why cash in the bank doing nothing is a bad idea for awhile. She doesn't get it at all. She finally agreed to go to a fiduciary. "Do they cost money?" No dear, they live on unicorn tears and rainbows.

JFC.

This is why the majority of the human race will ALWAYS live hand-to-mouth

Hell, it took 10,000 years or so for the idea to sink in that if you eat all your crop seed over the winter, you will starve next summer. I guess this is because the previous 200,000 years taught us to eat while the eating is good, stored food will only spoil or be stolen by a bigger meaner critter.

-DSK

The markets continue to crater today. Thanks, Trump.

Damn I'm sick of winning.

• Like 1

Markets closed today at the low end of the trading range for 2018. If they hold tomorrow I'm going to buy my positions back. Place stops just below the close today. 

The markets continue to crater today. Thanks, Trump.

Everyone who bought based on Happy Jack's advice should be calling their attorney's now. I use Dewey Cheatem and Howe. 

Image result for Dewey, Cheatem & Howe