Sign in to follow this  
Psycho Tiller

Beware of doing business with Rondar Boats - PROBLEM RESOLVED!

The local dealer has been great, absolutely no complaints there.  I ordered sails from Rondar because they decided to make it impossible to order directly from the sailmaker.  12 fricken weeks later still no sails showing up at my door.  I paid in full at the time of the order which was required and is probably the problem.   What incentive do they have to complete the transaction (other than just plain ole doing the right fucking thing) if they already have all of your money?  

I was told they were ready to be shipped 4 weeks ago and subsequently a few other times too.  Multiple email inquiries with multiple BS excuses why they haven't been shipped.  This will without a doubt be the absolute last Rondar boat I'll ever buy and I also plan to stay far away from any builder who requires me to buy sails directly through them.  Stay far away from Rondar!!!!!!

41 minutes ago, Hugh Jorgan said:

The local dealer has been great, absolutely no complaints there.  I ordered sails from Rondar because they decided to make it impossible to order directly from the sailmaker. 12 fricken weeks later still no sails showing up at my door.  I paid in full at the time of the order which was required and is probably the problem.   What incentive do they have to complete the transaction (other than just plain ole doing the right fucking thing) if they already have all of your money?  

I was told they were ready to be shipped 4 weeks ago and subsequently a few other times too.  Multiple email inquiries with multiple BS excuses why they haven't been shipped.  This will without a doubt be the absolute last Rondar boat I'll ever buy and I also plan to stay far away from any builder who requires me to buy sails directly through them.  Stay far away from Rondar!!!!!!

I'm sorry you've had an unsatisfactory experience ordering sails with Rondar. Call me at +1.781.799.8132 or email dan@rondarboats.com and I'll get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Dan Tucker
VP Marketing & Sales
Rondar Raceboats USA

15 minutes ago, RockHead said:

I'm sorry you've had an unsatisfactory experience ordering sails with Rondar. Call me at +1.781.799.8132 or email dan@rondarboats.com and I'll get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Dan Tucker
VP Marketing & Sales
Rondar Raceboats USA

This issue is with Rondar UK so I'm assuming you likely haven't been involved in this mess.  Thank you for offering to help out.  I'll be happy to give you all the details in a PM, however it seems we've reached the end of what Rondar is willing (or unwilling) to do to make this right.  My final request was that they cover shipping and get the sails at my door within 2 weeks.  They declined so I'm talking with my local sailmaker about getting custom sails made.  As of this morning my sailmaker is starting to work on the custom sails, if you can get Rondar to pay for shipping and get the sails here in 2 weeks I'll have my guy hold off.  Please let me know today.  I'll send you an email with details now.  Thanks again.

As the OP of this thread I want to give an update and a huge thank you to Dan Tucker.  He went far above and beyond anything he had to do to make things right especially since this was a situation he initially had nothing to do with.  Because of his hard work and help my faith in Rondar has been restored.  If I had known him from the beginning I'm sure things would have gone much smoother.  Thanks Dan! 

+1 for Rockhead.  Although I am biased because I have known Dan for years.

A year ago a friend was trying to get a replacement part. I put him in touch with Rockhead. Rocky chased down the part from a third party supplier, explained how to install it, on a boat that had been supplied by a prior builder. Rocky didnt make a dime....but guess who my friend bought his next boat from?

Plus he has an adorable son/cancer survivor.

One caveat: Rocky can be hard to get hold of at the Lunch hour. If he doesnt pick up his cell phone, try here:  Maddie's Sail Loft

On 3/17/2018 at 12:16 AM, Hugh Jorgan said:

As the OP of this thread I want to give an update and a huge thank you to Dan Tucker.  He went far above and beyond anything he had to do to make things right especially since this was a situation he initially had nothing to do with.  Because of his hard work and help my faith in Rondar has been restored.  If I had known him from the beginning I'm sure things would have gone much smoother.  Thanks Dan! 

Hugh,

Thank you for the opportunity to resolve your issue. To be honest, I was the beneficiary of the timing of the work that others at Rondar had done to ensure that you did get your sails. I'm sorry that it didn't happen in line with your expectations, but I'm happy that we got it done for you in the end. 

We consider our customers to be our friends. Particularly at regattas for the classes we build, we sail, eat, drink and socialize with so many customers so often that our customers do become our friends. I've hosted customers in my home, as many of them have done for me. Many customers know my kids, my female partner and even my ex-wife. We don't like to disappoint friends and future friends with business mistakes.  Rondar is not a big company, we're a few humans running the public facing side, and we do make mistakes and have bad days. We always want to make it right for our customers ultimately, when we do inevitably foul up from time to time. 

As mentioned privately, it does take some time from the order to pass from Rondar to North UK to North production in Sri Lanka and turn it all around and ship stuff from production to North UK to Rondar UK to a client in the US. In hindsight, our biggest failures were a combination of managing the process tightly and managing expectations appropriately. The old line about two countries separated by a common language also comes to mind. Sometimes just having a fresh set of ears and eyes from the same culture can make a difference. That's really where I came in.

Enjoy your K6 with your new sails! I miss having one, it's a lovely boat to sail. If you ever need any advice, parts or anything else, let me know, you know how to reach me!

And Mambo, thanks for the reminder, I haven't been to Maddies for the $10 burger and 24 oz PBR lunch special for ages. I know where I'm going tomorrow! I may require a power nap after that lunch, leave a message, I'll get back to you. :D  It's a tax-deductible business meal now as a result of this exchange, right??

Hey @RockHead -

Nice job.  I love my Laser (and the other boats in my current fleet) but damn does LPE need folks like you!  Wish y'all made Lasers (or a Torch, LOL).

For what its worth your consistent stepping up prompted me to dig through the Rondar website and see what you folks make and do. Wish I was in the market for one of your products.  If I ever am, I know who and what company to call. I tip my cap to you sir. 

Regards, 

Wess

PS - Sure we can't talk you into a hostile take-over of LPE?

While we're having the rockhead lovefest here, I just want to say what a stand up guy he is. When I had questions about a product that he no longer supported, he was very up front and forthcoming with information. I really valued his input and appreciated how much he helped someone he barely knew.

46 minutes ago, ryley said:

While we're having the rockhead lovefest here, I just want to say what a stand up guy he is. When I had questions about a product that he no longer supported, he was very up front and forthcoming with information. I really valued his input and appreciated how much he helped someone he barely knew.

Likewise. Thanks again Rockhead. 

I once had the misfortune to be given the task of breaking up an abandoned 30 year old Rondar Fireball to fit it in a dumpster.

Grief that thing was well built. It ruined a perfectly good chain on the saw !