• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
IStream

Captain Ron DVD

A diesel loves her oil same as a sailor loves rum

Lets kick the tires, and light the fires!

Why is that captain Ron?

Nobody knows boss.

So, I bit. I looked on Amazon and saw that the OP was correct. So I bought Captain Ron, along with a handful of other old movies that were $3.99 that are never on any of the streaming services. Summer Rental, What About Bob, Weekend at Bernie's, and even though it cost a bit more, and I probably should have owned it already, Wind. 

I should have my Amazon account privileges taken away. I'm a bad boy. 

• Like 1

Just remember that the version you last watched on TNT or whatever probably was edited quite a bit for TV. There is a lot more language and some nudity in the DVD version. Movies like these that I remember watching when I was younger really don't seem to be as kid friendly as I remember them, but then I probably only ever saw the TV edits. 

My 6 year old daughter loves the original Ghostbusters, but I cringe at the language and all of the innuendo when she is watching it sometimes. Maybe kids these days are more sheltered than we were, but I also don't want to be known as "that" parent who lets their kids watch inappropriate movies. It's really too late for that, but we don't let her watch Ghostbusters when her friends are over. 

Overboard.  Still Kurt Russell but only a small boat scene that cracks me up and use 2 line when I can on the boat.  

I can't find a clip of the scene but the Coast Guard has to go back again an the guy calls out "comin' around again Chepouski". :lol:

The other one is at about 1:04