wcz3176

Sinking privilidge

Harvard athletics director Bob Scalise said in a statement that the center “has been significantly compromised due to what currently appears to be a failure of the building’s flotation device.”

Harvard speak for 'sinking'. Serves those snobs right. Give the guy a damned bucket.

They departed controlled flotation and entered the ocean.

1 hour ago, Rasputin22 said:

Harvard athletics director Bob Scalise said in a statement that the center “has been significantly compromised due to what currently appears to be a failure of the building’s flotation device.”

Harvard speak for 'sinking'. Serves those snobs right. Give the guy a damned bucket.

I don't know any of them: what did they do that makes them snobs? Did they scratch somebody's anchor?

He could have just said 'It was sinking'.

Maybe this is what I'm getting at

The protagonist of this joke doesn't need to be a Texan, but that's how the joke was originally told to me.  A Texan is visiting a friend at Harvard, and they agree to meet at the library. He's a bit lost, so he stops a passing student. Texan: "'Scuse me, could you tell me where the library's at?" Student: "Around here, we don't end our sentences with prepositions." Texan: "All right, could you tell me where the library's at, asshole?"

• Like 1

Oh my goodness!

Such effrontery!

Harvard has never been the same since Person Spector Litt started hiring from other universities.

• Like 2

Ah, man, Haaaaaahvid's all right, despite the PR-speak.    Snobs?  I think not, after all they let us roughnecks from BU sail with the refined Cantabrigians at their joint.

Has it been confirmed that it's not those damned cardboard derivatives again?

• Like 1

Perchance their apparently snobbish demeanor is the result of lucabration, my good chap.

2 hours ago, hobot said:

Has it been confirmed that it's not those damned cardboard derivatives again?

Maybe a wave hit it?

As Winny said, this is something up with which I will not put!

261750-1366918836142234-George-Acs.jpg

P.S. I'm too busy worrying about the misspelling of "privilidge" (sic!) to worry about anyone ending sentence with a preposition.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Damn shame that.  Had many a splendid sail there. 

Perhaps a dramatic gesture for donations!   If so, give, all you Harvard lads and lasses!  La la la la la.....

(Hope pics of alumn boaties survived.)

As much as i hated racing on the Charles, nothing the Harvard Sailing Team ever did deserves their boat house sinking. It's going to be a fucking mess to clean up with all the boats hung up - now bashing around into each other and flooding the tanks etc. Going to be a lot of Charles White Fish in booties/drysuits/gear etc now, too... 

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Svanen said:

P.S. I'm too busy worrying about the misspelling of "privilidge" (sic!) to worry about anyone ending sentence with a preposition.

Heh heh.  Heh heh. He ended his sentence with the word ‘preposition’.

Heh heh....

da da dadada dadadadadada da da dada

10 minutes ago, mustang__1 said:

As much as i hated racing on the Charles, nothing the Harvard Sailing Team ever did deserves their boat house sinking. It's going to be a fucking mess to clean up with all the boats hung up - now bashing around into each other and flooding the tanks etc. Going to be a lot of Charles White Fish in booties/drysuits/gear etc now, too... 

I don’t remember that bit of water being a no wake zone(?)

On 3/8/2018 at 7:33 PM, Svanen said:

I printed that out and placed it next to the big screen for cable news minus Fox Official Party TV.  (FOP TV)

Thankyew vurry much........

On 3/9/2018 at 12:12 PM, mustang__1 said:

That must be a species related to the Delaware River Flatfish.

what's with you guys ? obviously the front is falling of and it's all in the environment, so all's good ...at.

Seemed to be floating level today as far as one could tell from a Red Line train.

When I was admitted to Haaaavaaaad in 1969 they offered $1000 per semester in financial aid / scholarship. 

My Dad read the letter and laughed so hard tears started flowing. Penn State offered scholarships that left my Tuition, room, and board at $630 per year.

I started a sailing team my senior year and we beat Haaaaavaaaad in each of the  three regattas both teams attended. 

• Like 1

I believe it’s spelled Haaaahvaaahd.  (3 h’s :)) ‘Sport’ is spotty at the old girl-  when I was there (about when you were enjoying sailing competition in the chemical stew also known as The Charles River) the Interclub Club Posse was not that great, which is the nice way to put it.

I remember hearing stories about lost Interclubs on the race course.  

Although it is possible to bring an Interclub up on a plane.  For about 10 seconds before the inevitable death roll.:lol:

Seems like they could afford some lift bags and dyneema to get her sorted.