49 minutes ago, nav said:

^ Exactly

Clearly more complex, more integrated, more precise, more functional and more reliable...

Shame they didn't patent it, then Larry wouldn't be able to copy into the $pite50's - without a contribution to the AC defense

Why would they copy this now old system if they use flaps ?

Well I would think that the f50 will be generally based off the OR system, which should work well with large batteries driving it. Don't know if they will all get camo wheels tho.

Not sure he can copy it, the details of what and how ETNZ did it haven't been made public as far as I know. 

On 9/23/2018 at 3:35 AM, Tornado-Cat said:

Why would they copy this now old system if they use flaps ?

No copy just know-how

Sorry, had to page flip to get context from this...

Again,I would think most of the tech for the f50 would be from OR AC 35 boat, I heard someone say with input from other teams...but really that may only be Artemis that has anything to offer from the last cycle. Assuming they are playing.

Again, this is serious thread drift and OT.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, barfy said:

No copy just know-how

You may be right, but I think, and hope, it will completely differents techno with flaps which will require less power and more precise control,  with some battery too, so that humans will have more do do on the boat.

I highly doubt that we will see flaps on f50's, as nice an idea as it is.

no one has floated the idea, although we don't know anything about the class except what some self proclaimed insiders have said here, the fount of all truth.

no way they have time to dev and produce the boards and systems for the 3? 5? Boats in the event.