Sean

Tillerson out

That’s what he gets for blaming Russia for the poisoning in the UK. Say bad things about the boss, win silly prizes. 

This stupid SOB needs to be taught that the US Foreign Interests are not an episode of the fucking Apprentice - that his personal likes are of at best tertiary concern in comparison to the work of the people of the United States.  What a friggin' idiot.  

• Like 2

Musical chairs Merry-Go-Round, at the White House.  YCMTSU!!!

Just now, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

This stupid SOB needs to be taught that the US Foreign Interests are not an episode of the fucking Apprentice - that his personal likes are of at best tertiary concern in comparison to the work of the people of the United States.  What a friggin' idiot.  

He's so thin skinned everything is personal.

3 minutes ago, another 505 sailor said:

I find his lack of political finesse to be refreshing.

Another smart guy fooled by Trump.

Tillerson?  Hmmmm.

Isn't he the evil rich white guy in the pockets of the oil industry?

Oh, wait, that was last week.

Nevermind!

You all know that we are the absolute laughingstock of the entire free world now?

Evil rich guy in the pocket of the oil industry, who was a calming influence on the Boy Blunder.

1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

You all know that we are the absolute laughingstock of the entire free world now?

No shit.

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Now? A good argument can be made that much of the rest of the world has been laughing at us for over a year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Now? A good argument can be made that much of the rest of the world has been laughing at us for over a year.

Yeah, there is that too.......

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Evil rich guy in the pocket of the oil industry, who was a calming influence on the Boy Blunder.

I honestly thought Tillerson was doing his level best to advocate our foreign policy interests despite of the President's blunders.   Everything I heard him say was thoughtful, topical and considerate.  I don't understand what the President thinks he's doing - or what he hopes this move will accomplish. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I honestly thought Tillerson was doing his level best to advocate our foreign policy interests despite of the President's blunders.   Everything I heard him say was thoughtful, topical and considerate.  I don't understand what the President thinks he's doing - or what he hopes this move will accomplish. 

I concur.  

6 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

yep

10 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Why limit your comments to the 'free world'. I am sure that Russia and China are leading the laughter.

Tillerson's views on foreign policy, oil policy, etc. may not match mine but at least he was a grown-up in the day-care centre that is the Trump White House and those are in painfully short supply.

• Like 1

Tillerson was displaying annoying signs of intelligence, logic and statesmanship...AKA " disloyalty".  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The freakshow-in-chief doesn't do thoughtful, topical, and considerate....

Just now, madohe said:

The freakshow-in-chief doesn't do thoughtful, topical, and considerate....

No he doesn't.  Only thing he excels at is saying "You're Fired!"

Another grown up leaves the Drump administration. You can say what you want about Tillerson's style but he was a mature and sober person. Do I see more rats leaving the sinking ship? The little fat guy from North Korea is jumping for joy.

41 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Tillerson?  Hmmmm.

Nevermind!

Ha! ....and this week he's a goddamn hero and being replaced by a spook!  :D 

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Thank you, we are in complete agreement on this one.  And it's just the tip of the iceberg of incompetence and corruption that are the hallmark of the Trump administration and it's failing leader.

57 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

He's replacing an intelligent capable person who has a sense of duty to his country..... and who is not willing to cooperate with Boy Wonder Kushie putting US foreign policy up for sale to line his own pockets..... replacing him with a brainless soul-less cheerleader.

Actually I don't think Pompeo is particularly stupid but he shows zero inclination to think for himself. And he can be counted on to keep shoveling manure about how brilliant & successful Trump is.

This is really not going to end well.

-DSK

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Was Sol on target? Did Rex say something bad about pooty-poot?  

Some former CIA guy on NPR this morning thought that having Pompeo in at State wasn’t trrrible, cause other actors would actually take Pompeo’s word. Said Rex clearly didn’t have the ear of the Prez so no one listened to him. 

He also liked the career nominee at CIA.

20 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Was Sol on target? Did Rex say something bad about pooty-poot?  

Some former CIA guy on NPR this morning thought that having Pompeo in at State wasn’t trrrible, cause other actors would actually take Pompeo’s word. Said Rex clearly didn’t have the ear of the Prez so no one listened to him. 

He also liked the career nominee at CIA.

I don't know if Tillerson made comments that made Trump feel defensive about Putin - if so, *I* haven't heard 'em.  

Gotta admit that I don't personally know enough about Pompeo to have a basis for an opinion - so my angst is constrained to having what appears to be a rational, reasonable person who was trying to do the job, and by all accounts that I'm aware of, doing OK at it, summarily dismissed.  There may be more details that come out later that make me adjust my perspective, but, this looks a lot like a fit of pique on the President's part, and his inability to understand that maintaining established foreign relations requires constant effort, and that actions like this have the strong likelihood to undermine those efforts.  

41 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I don't know if Tillerson made comments that made Trump feel defensive about Putin - if so, *I* haven't heard 'em.  

Tillerson condemned Russia for the nerve-agent attack on British soil. The next day he is fired.

Putin must have some sizable dirt on Trump.

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Yea, but the underlying thing is that Tillerson was a monumentally awful appointment in the first place.  Is the new guy going to be any better, or anything but a shill for the GOP..  Same old swamp, different names.  

I read somewhere that Tillerson said something like "the State Dept reflects American values.  The President speaks for himself."

That would do it.

5 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I read somewhere that Tillerson said something like "the State Dept reflects American values.  The President speaks for himself."

That would do it.

He also called Trump a "fucking moron" which is a factual statement. .

13 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Tillerson condemned Russia for the nerve-agent attack on British soil. The next day he is fired.

The timing sure does raise thought-provoking and interesting questions.

Sec. Pompeo better be careful what he says about this, or he could be out quicker than a distraction from the Stormy story.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/378119-close-associate-of-russian-business-oligarch-boris-berezovsky

Close associate of Russian business oligarch Boris Berezovsky found dead: report

Many of us thought Mr Obama was the so-called "Manchurian Candidate" due to the hiding of the records. Oh how the worm has turned.

16 minutes ago, Nice! said:
59 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Putin must have some sizable dirt on Trump.

Well, they've been talking about axing Tillerson for a while. It would be scary if that is indeed the direct cause.... and the timing is suspicious..... WTF, seriously!!!

15 minutes ago, shaggy said:
3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Yea, but the underlying thing is that Tillerson was a monumentally awful appointment in the first place.  Is the new guy going to be any better, or anything but a shill for the GOP..  Same old swamp, different names.  

I didn't like Tillerson initially and was suspicious that he was mainly interested in grubbing mo' money ..... but his actions & words have actually been straightforward and IMHO more in the best interest of the country than of President Trump (which is IMHO why he's fired) or his wallet. Unike Trump, Tillersn is actually a very good business man, a capable executive, and while I'm not a big fan of his (owned stock in oil myself) he was close to the top of his profession. And if he was using the State Dept to further his oil bidness, he's played it really really close to the chest; I don't think he has been.

Maybe TIllerson has felt the call to power/duty. Run for Pres in 2020?

Meanwhile, Trump learning a lesson about running the country and being Leader Of The Free World not being "The Apprentice" ...... rotsa ruck with that. He hasn't learned a goddam thing in 60+ years, still a stupid spoiled asshole with daddy issues and daddy's money.

-DSK

22 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Sorry Shaggy - I don't think I agree that Tillerson was an awful appointment in the first place.   Care to tell me why you think that? 

Top Tillerson aide fired after contradicting White House account of firing

Source: The Hill

BY REBECCA SAVRANSKY - 03/13/18 12:23 PM EDT 

The White House has reportedly fired an aide at the State Department who contradicted the White House account of President Trump's firing of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. 

The Associated Press first reported the firing of Under Secretary of State Steve Goldstein, citing officials. 

BREAKING: Officials: White House fires top Tillerson aide who contradicted account of secretary of state's dismissal.

The firing was reportedly prompted by a statement from Goldstein on Tuesday, responding to Tillerson's firing, in which Goldstein said Tillerson did not speak with Trump before his firing and is "unaware" of the reason behind his dismissal. 

The statement strongly suggested that Tillerson found out about his firing from Twitter — though it differs from published accounts of the decision that cited unnamed White House sources.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/378133-top-tillerson-aide-fired-after-giving-contradicting-account-of-ouster 

20 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Sorry Shaggy - I don't think I agree that Tillerson was an awful appointment in the first place.   Care to tell me why you think that? 

Because he was systematically gutting the State Department's long standing career diplomatic corps (40% early retirement/resignation rate), was failing to nominate/promote important ambassadorships (e.g. South Korea), proposed a 30% reduction in the departmental budget and had driven staff morale into the toilet.  

At the same time he made no significant progress on any important diplomatic front, ceded control of the Mid-East to the idiot Jared, was heard calling his boss a "fucking moron" and finally was cut out of foreign policy decision-making at the WH.

Oh, and he had the audacity to promote dialogue with North Korea before tRump thought of it "all by himself", months later.

His legacy will be either the worst Secretary of State of the last 100 years, or the worst of all time.  You pick.

So now we get a believer in End Times heading our foreign policy.  

Here's the replacement for Pompeo as CIA Director: Gina Haspel 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Haspel 

In 2013, John Brennan, then the director of Central Intelligence, named Haspel as acting Deputy Director of the National Clandestine Service, which carries out covert operations around the globe.[11] However, she was denied the position permanently due to criticism about her involvement in the Rendition, Detention and Interrogation program.[12] Haspel has also served as the Deputy Director of the National Clandestine Service for Foreign Intelligence and Covert Action.[6] 
--snip-- 

On February 2, 2017, President Donald Trump appointed Haspel deputy director of the CIA. On February 8, 2017, several members of the Senate intelligence committee urged Trump to reconsider his appointment of Haspel as Deputy Director.[13] Senator Sheldon Whitehouse quoted colleagues Ron Wyden and Martin Heinrich who were on the committee: 

I am especially concerned by reports that this individual was involved in the unauthorized destruction of CIA interrogation videotapes, which documented the CIAs use of torture against two CIA detainees. My colleagues Senators Wyden and Heinrich have stated that classified information details why the newly appointed Deputy Director is 'unsuitable' for the position and have requested that this information be declassified. I join their request. 

On February 15, 2017, Spencer Ackerman reported on psychologists Bruce Jessen and James Mitchell, the architects of the enhanced interrogation program that was designed to break Zubaydah and was subsequently used on other detainees at the CIAs secret prisons around the world. Jessen and Mitchell are being sued by Sulaiman Abdulla Salim, Mohamed Ahmed Ben Soud, and Obaid Ullah over torture designed by the psychologists. Jessen and Mitchell are seeking to compel Haspel, and her colleague James Cotsana, to testify on their behalf.[14][15]

1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

Goldstein is now fired as well.  But that may have been his goal.

I don't think he cared. This government is falling apart.

Tillerson is going to speak in a few mins.  "Well, when you work for somebody as stable as Nero, these things happen. . ."

4 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Tillerson?  Hmmmm.

Nevermind!

He was the smart, capable of managing a big company, evil white guy with the blinders of the oil industry (he was the pocket, he's not in the pocket). You could always do worse - like make Betsy DeVos Secretary of State. Or hire an interior decorator, or your golf caddie, or a model (all Trump picks).

The scariest thing about this shitshow is Trump apparently is feeling good about himself. Dumbass.

4 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Tillerson?  Hmmmm.

Nevermind!

Shows just how far things have declined since Trump that he was about the smartest and most rational guy in the room.

4 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Now?

You have been since November '16

3 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

Ha! ....and this week he's a goddamn hero and being replaced by a spook!  :D 

And morons like you think it's a good thing.

MAGA

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

This is really not going to end well.

-DSK

It never was.

Look at the caliber of people who thought it would.

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Gotta admit that I don't personally know enough about Pompeo to have a basis for an opinion - so my angst is constrained to having what appears to be a rational, reasonable person who was trying to do the job, and by all accounts that I'm aware of, doing OK at it, summarily dismissed.  There may be more details that come out later that make me adjust my perspective, but, this looks a lot like a fit of pique on the President's part, and his inability to understand that maintaining established foreign relations requires constant effort, and that actions like this have the strong likelihood to undermine those efforts.  

Bush I ran the CIA so it doesn't automatically mean you're fucking weird.

14 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

The scariest thing about this shitshow is Trump apparently is feeling good about himself. Dumbass.

Dumbass isn't nearly enough - I truly don't think the language has a word that adequately describes him or the situation the WH is in.

Only under this administration....could the firing of quite possibly the worst Secretary of State in recent times (or ever?) be considered to be regrettable.

• Like 3

I wonder if, next month, he'll have the balls to speak frankly about Trump.

The strong rumour that he called Trump a moron gives me hope that he will.

1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

Only under this administration....could the firing of quite possibly the worst Secretary of State in recent times (or ever?) be considered to be regrettable.

Truly - the fact that a guy named Mad Dog is the sanest guy in the administration certainly gives one pause.

Refreshing actually. :rolleyes:

Just now, SloopJonB said:

Truly - the fact that a guy named Mad Dog is the sanest guy in the administration certainly gives one pause.

Refreshing actually. :rolleyes:

He's negotiating with the Taliban now.

3 minutes ago, hermetic said:

tillerson sounded pissed.  I wonder when then last time he was fired

He's probably never been fired by public Tweet before. Trump didn't have the balls or courtesy to call him and let him know beforehand.

8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

He's probably never been fired by public Tweet before. Trump didn't have the balls or courtesy to call him and let him know beforehand.

His bone spurs were acting up.

A least Stormy got 130k after being fucked by the orange clown. 

Yeah - it's really starting to look like she's the smartest one in the room.

Just now, SloopJonB said:

Yeah - it's really starting to look like she's the smartest one in the room.

She knows her role and how to play it reasonably well.

They others think they won't get fucked by Donald. Everyone gets fucked by Donald. You just have to make him pay for the pussy.

10 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

A least Stormy got 130k after being fucked by the orange clown. 

I think she spanked him with a Forbes with him on the cover, many people are saying it.....

7 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

We are, sorry, but we couldn’t help it. 

shaking our heads in complete bewilderment as well. 

3 minutes ago, mad said:

As are many of us and not just people who did not vote for him.

3 minutes ago, mad said:

We are, sorry, but we couldn’t help it. 

I get the discontent that fueled President Trump's campaign.

It's the fact that 3 in 10 adults polled still support the guy that has me shaking my head in bewilderment.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

It's the fact that 3 in 10 adults polled still support the guy that has me shaking my head in bewilderment.

Yep. And the cabinet he wants is a rubber stamp. Any Dem wins in 2020.

Interesting. Tillerson last night -

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/12/tillerson-russia-nerve-gas-attack-457845

“From Ukraine to Syria – and now the UK – Russia continues to be an irresponsible force of instability in the world, acting with open disregard for the sovereignty of other states and the life of their citizens.”

8 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Yep. And the cabinet he wants is a rubber stamp. Any Dem wins in 2020.

He wants sycophants, not a rubber stamp. navarro was quoted the other day as saying "the president's intuition is always right" and then went on how he needs to provide facts/implement that. That's not an adviser, that's an ennabler. This is stalinist.

55 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Truly.

Although you'd have to be stunningly, stunningly clueless and unaware to have not known what sort of despicable human being Trump was before the election.

Hey all you 2A guys who keep your guns for 'being necessary to the security of a free State', it might be time to get your .22's out, oiled and loaded...

Yeah - it's starting to look like you might need them to protect your president and his cronies.

You really can't make this fucking shit up even if you work at The Onion!

Trump installs former ‘Fox and Friends’ host as under secretary of state

Heather Nauert will replace Steve Goldstein, who contradicted the White House's account of Tillerson's firing.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-state-department-fox-host-141281554ef5/

52 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Hey all you 2A guys who keep your guns for 'being necessary to the security of a free State', it might be time to get your .22's out, oiled and loaded...

they are always lubing their 22s.

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

And morons like you think it's a good thing.

MAGA

Morons Are Governing America

47 minutes ago, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

Complete ignorant crap.   He's a good man who didn't have to do this.  If we had more like Rex and less like Mniuchen, Ross, and these other ghouls We would be in good shape. 

Unfort his integrity is misplaced in Washington 

Does anyone actually think he wanted to cede power to Jared Kushner?

He gave it a good shot in an impossible situation,  I hope he comes back on a Romney- Tillerson ticket  

He may or may not be a guy with integrity but he seemed to be a pretty weak leader. None of our allies knew who to listen to when it came to foreign policy.  Trump and Tillerson contradicted each other quite a bit.  Maybe Ivanka is the one to listen to?

Trump is a toxic charlatan and if Tillerson really is a man of integrity he should have known better than to take the job.   

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

I hope you pinned that notice on the SA gun club notice board?!

President Jeff is out of town, and left you in charge of important press releases like this. 

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Interesting. Tillerson last night -

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/12/tillerson-russia-nerve-gas-attack-457845

“From Ukraine to Syria – and now the UK – Russia continues to be an irresponsible force of instability in the world, acting with open disregard for the sovereignty of other states and the life of their citizens.”

Absolute sure thing, getting fired after making that statement. 

Rex found the door and walked thru. Best decision he has made in over a year...

Nauert joined the State Department in April 2017 and has no previous diplomatic experience.

I find that refreshing.

Would anyone put a person with no previous experience in charge of a McDonalds?

I doubt it but the #2 in the State Department? Sure, we can trust her.

Any fiction writer who tried this sort of insanity in a book would be laughed out of the publishers office.

But not the Trump WH.

And millions of people are so fucking moronic they think it's a good thing.

1 hour ago, mad said:

I hope you pinned that notice on the SA gun club notice board?!

President Jeff is out of town, and left you in charge of important press releases like this. 

Good point. I am not sure of my currant employment status. Jeff sacks me as often as........

12 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I can't tell if he is deliberately handing FP to the Israelis and the Jesus wing of the US or if he's replacing everybody who isn't willing to swear primary allegiance to Trump. The appointment of someone at CIA appears to be another rabid Trumpette, who may be blocked due to her involvement in torture. Expect the CIA to work every angle they have to prevent someone heading that agency who may order them to torture people again. 

FWIW, Pompeo is a "Frank Gaffney" style neocon, a rabid war monger. However it seems quite plausible to me he was only selected due to his status as a Trump worshiper so that may not be important. Expect the press to pick up on Pompeo's birtherism in the coming days. That will make the confirmation process interesting.  

It may be Trump is finally figuring it out...if he is to be king he must have loyal subjects. As he himself says the only person that matters is him. Staffing with butt-lickers could be a sign he is ready to take charge, so the personal views of any of his subjects will be subject to change without notice. This may seem odd to say, but he may well be isolating himself in a way that will force him to do his own thinking, and considering the clowns he's surrounding himself with that may be the best available situation. He once thought he could simple do the "smoke and mirrors" aspect of that job. 

For an indication I would look at how much golfing he does in the next few months. If he golfs a lot he is farming it out and with Pompeo running FP expect war with Iran. Also, if Putin really does have any suck on the man the noise Nikky Haley has been making about confronting Russia in Syria will end fairly soon too. Expect her ass to be fired.  

12 hours ago, Dog said:

He's so thin skinned everything is personal.

And the Republican Party so craven they lack the balls to stand up to him on anything. Trump & the GOP fit hand in glove.

12 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Tillerson?  Hmmmm.

Nevermind!

Irrelevant to the problem. Are you that stupid you cannot see the issues here or are you just dishonestly pretending obliviousness so you don't have to concede the Republican Party chose a fucking moron to lead them?

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

More like a 50's Central American one - remember Trujillo, Batista, Armas or Somoza?

Those are the kinds of societies these Republicans want to turn the USA into.

10 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

And the Republican Party so craven they lack the balls to stand up to him on anything. Trump & the GOP fit hand in glove.

More like tongue in ass.

6 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Irrelevant to the problem. Are you that stupid you cannot see the issues here or are you just dishonestly pretending obliviousness so you don't have to concede the Republican Party chose a fucking moron to lead them?

I'd guess both.