Sean

Tillerson out

3 hours ago, Mid said:

fired by twitter , new low in presidential standards .

A clear example of his "lack of political finesse".

How do some view that?

15 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
3 hours ago, Mid said:

A clear example of his "lack of political finesse".

How do some view that?

seems that's a false narrative.  he was called back from africa by kelly

absolutely anything that's not 100% tRump is false / fake ...we get it :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, Mid said:

absolutely anything that's not 100% tRump is false / fake ...we get it :rolleyes:

not at all.  just this one

getting your news from twitter / facebook has been proven to be the path of idiots

Just now, hermetic said:

getting your news from twitter / facebook has been proven to be the path of idiots

Agreed. Getting one's news straight from Twitter is pretty retarded. Why would anyone trust Trump's feed? :lol:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

Trump is a toxic charlatan and if Tillerson really is a man of integrity he should have known better than to take the job.   

It could be that he viewed his options as taking the job or watching someone else take it.

In any case, the story here that he fired the SoS is less important than the replacements from/at CIA. The wellspring of the swamp.

9 hours ago, Mark K said:

I can't tell if he is deliberately handing FP to the Israelis and the Jesus wing of the US or if he's replacing everybody who isn't willing to swear primary allegiance to Trump.

It's the latter. He's more a prisoner of his own perspective than most of us.

1 hour ago, hermetic said:

Report I read is he received a phone call from President Trump hours after the Tweet announcing Pompeo would be the new SoS.

Linky

Mr. Tillerson learned he had been fired on Tuesday morning when a top aide showed him a tweet from Mr. Trump announcing the change, according to a senior State Department official. But he had gotten an oblique warning of what was coming the previous Friday from the White House chief of staff, John F. Kelly, who called to tell him to cut short a trip to Africa and advised him “you may get a tweet.”

How very Precedential.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
1 hour ago, hermetic said:

Report I read is he received a phone call from President Trump hours after the Tweet announcing Pompeo would be the new SoS.

Linky

Mr. Tillerson learned he had been fired on Tuesday morning when a top aide showed him a tweet from Mr. Trump announcing the change, according to a senior State Department official. But he had gotten an oblique warning of what was coming the previous Friday from the White House chief of staff, John F. Kelly, who called to tell him to cut short a trip to Africa and advised him “you may get a tweet.”

How very Precedential.

ok then

another reason he looked pissed at the press conference

Better to get sprayed with a tweet than with a nerve agent. Hard to say which was a bigger threat to him, if he kept saying mean things about Russia. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GOPClownCar said:

You really can't make this fucking shit up even if you work at The Onion!

Trump installs former ‘Fox and Friends’ host as under secretary of state

Heather Nauert will replace Steve Goldstein, who contradicted the White House's account of Tillerson's firing.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-state-department-fox-host-141281554ef5/

I love both this part -

The White House then confirmed State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert as acting under secretary for public diplomacy, with a White House official telling Axios, “Heather is the only one at State we trust.”

and, this part -

When asked in February about the specifics of what the State Department was doing to end the violence in Syria, she responded, “I don’t know what some of you expect us to do.”

This, from the "spokesperson".

32 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

When asked in February about the specifics of what the State Department was doing to end the violence in Syria, she responded, “I don’t know what some of you expect us to do.”

Follow the Obama game plan of course! Success will surely follow, just look at Iraq, Libya, Yemen or Afganistan. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

Follow the Obama game plan of course! Success will surely follow, just look at Iraq, Libya, Yemen or Afganistan. 

Please. The current mess in the middle east - and most certainly Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria - can directly be traced to the Bush2/Cheney gulf war.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice! said:

Please. The current mess in the middle east - and most certainly Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria - can directly be traced to the Bush2/Cheney gulf war.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good smear job.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

It could be that he viewed his options as taking the job or watching someone else take it.

In any case, the story here that he fired the SoS is less important than the replacements from/at CIA. The wellspring of the swamp.

I'd have passed.

Hey, Nero wants you to be in charge of diplomacy with the Gauls and Goths.

Me-  Kill the messenger and let's get some place far away before Nero knows we've left Rome. 

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Don't let facts get in the way of a good smear job.

Ahh, the Rat likes bukake.  I heard he is the catcher, not the pitcher.  NTTAWWT.

13 hours ago, Mid said:

Be fair now - his bone spurs were acting up that day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Be fair now - his bone spurs were acting up that day.

I don't think it was bone spurs, he didn't even have the balls to fire Omarosa in person. The biggest bullies are sometimes the biggest cowards. That is actually my only source of optimism in this. When Pompeo and Bibi push for war...the taking real risk...it won't shock me if Trump mouses out on them.  Polls will all but certainly show little or no public support for another Iraq. He will fear for his popularity. There's may be an upside to his self-absorption.   

14 minutes ago, Mark K said:

The biggest bullies are nearly always the biggest cowards.

Small but significant correction

Sec. Tillerson did not seem like a very good fit for this crew.  He strikes me as someone who tells the truth.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Small but significant correction

In a certain way that's true. I've found those who demand others kowtow to them are usually the first on their knees when they face someone they deem more powerful. Why I hesitate to use it is because some folks tell their kids that if they just put up their dukes to a bully he will run. 

Thank God for making most kids smart enough to ignore that shit.  

My parents always told me to stand up to a bully. And I always did. Doesn't mean I didn't get the crap beat out of me several times, but it sure didn't hurt anymore than getting the crap beat out of me for not standing up to a bully.

As my Grandfather used to tell me; "That which does not kill you, did not kill you. It didn't make you any stronger, it just didn't kill you."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Sec. Tillerson did not seem like a very good fit for this crew.  He strikes me as someone who tells the truth.  

engineer's know the structural limitations of bullshit.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

My parents always told me to stand up to a bully. And I always did. Doesn't mean I didn't get the crap beat out of me several times, but it sure didn't hurt anymore than getting the crap beat out of me for not standing up to a bully.

As my Grandfather used to tell me; "That which does not kill you, did not kill you. It didn't make you any stronger, it just didn't kill you."

You probably should have taken some self defence courses....

you may have won a few more of those rounds with the bullies.....

31 minutes ago, Mark K said:

In a certain way that's true. I've found those who demand others kowtow to them are usually the first on their knees when they face someone they deem more powerful. Why I hesitate to use it is because some folks tell their kids that if they just put up their dukes to a bully he will run. 

Thank God for making most kids smart enough to ignore that shit.  

Yeah, tends not to work out that way, despite the family friendly made-for-cable movies always showing the underdog winning such a confrontation. Any bully smarter than a rock brings support when they're going to pull their shit. They want both an audience to their power and the insurance it won't be questioned by an uppity shit with a scrap of courage.

My advice to my boys has always been to avoid conflict where possible. If you absolutely cannot avoid it and you are going to take a beating, make sure to take one down as hard as you can. You likely cannot win if you try taking on everyone, however if you focus on one person and deal all your damage to them - not only will they remember it, but everyone else gets to thinking that maybe the next time they decide to "help" they might be the one copping your full attention.

So far, it's worked. Though, I'll admit that it's partially due to the fact that no-one messes with one of my boys without the rest of his brothers stepping in. 

3 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Most kids...like I said....

I know. Wasn't disagreeing with you, just agreeing with extras :)

6 minutes ago, Keith said:

You probably should have taken some self defence courses....

you may have won a few more of those rounds with the bullies.....

With those steel braces on my legs, like Forrest Gump, my self defense was basically being willing to stand my ground, because god knows I couldn't run (It's not like in the movie, trust me). I think most times the bullies were too afraid of what would happen to them if it got back to their parents that they'd beaten up a cripple..... Apparently a few times they didn't care.

14 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I agree. I hope Rand Paul sticks to his guns on this one. McCain may be out for the Pompeo vote and if that happens Randy could conceivably nix this.

Related: I'm willing to bet that if McCain can show up it will only be over his dead body a known torturer will be heading the CIA. The gal he chose is definitely one. Between Pompeo's birtherism and her record confirmation should be an interesting process. 

9 hours ago, Difícilmente En Viento said:

Not to highjack the thread, but I recently discovered my all-time favorite take on that song, just randomly surfing youtube...

This kid's voice. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nice! said:

I can't argue with that and besides Obama did get the US out of Gitmo. You can take that to the bank! :lol:

7 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

I can't argue with that and besides Obama did get the US out of Gitmo. You can take that to the bank! :lol:

Indeed. Congress forbade any funds whatsoever to be used doing that. Obama did the right thing by not spending the money, despite wanting to.

Though back to the subject of Trump's administration - isn't he the guy that didn't implement sanctions against Russia despite 98% of Congress voting for them?

In a stunning move, Presidunce  tRump has appointed new foreign policy advisers aligned with  the thinking of new Secretary of State Pompeo....

trump-foreign-policy-advisers-578dcfe63df78c09e9b46604.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, madohe said:

In a stunning move, Presidunce  tRump has appointed new foreign policy advisers aligned with  the thinking of new Secretary of State Pompeo....

trump-foreign-policy-advisers-578dcfe63df78c09e9b46604.jpg

No less qualified than some of the asswipes.  currently prowling around the West Wing.

Next up Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Gummo and Zeppo. 

2 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

No less qualified than some of the asswipes.  currently prowling around the West Wing.

Next up Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Gummo and Zeppo. 

You are correct, much more qualified...

Groucho was a very smart guy.

IIRC he would only serve if no-one voted for him though. :D

4 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Indeed. Congress forbade any funds whatsoever to be used doing that. Obama did the right thing by not spending the money, despite wanting to.

Though back to the subject of Trump's administration - isn't he the guy that didn't implement sanctions against Russia despite 98% of Congress voting for them?

Did I mention Syria and Libya? Apologist. <_<

5 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

uh, being an apologist for Trump is a thankless and soon to be pointless job. You are imminently qualified.

3 minutes ago, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

McCain became a non event the day he agreed to have Sarah Palin as a running mate. Great man who made a few big political mistakes. History will still be kind to him as it should be. But the wolves don't even linger by his door now, politically speaking.  We elected a guy President who disparaged and ridiculed a war hero in his campaign. . There are new rules nowadays. 

Yes, just a few like arming terrorists in Syria. But hey, nobody's perfect. Neocon war monger, war criminal, and a goddamn hero! He should have chosen Lindsey!   :lol:

36 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

No, which is why I only commented on Gitmo. Which you did mention. Idiot. <_<

Just now, Bent Sailor said:

No, which is why I only commented on Gitmo. Which you did mention. Idiot. <_<

On 3/14/2018 at 8:53 PM, Mickey Rat said:

Oops, you are right, I left out Syria. My bad.

Actually, to the post I was responding to, you only mentioned Gitmo. Definitely "your bad".

12 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

6 hours ago, Mark K said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-kelly-rex-tillerson-was-on-the-toilet-when-i-told-him-hed-be-getting-fired

AWKWARD

John Kelly: Rex Tillerson Was on the Toilet When I Told Him He’d Be Getting Fired

How very LBJ of him.

You Trump haters need to come to grips with the fact that The Donald Won.  Get over it!!!!!!!

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

You Trump haters need to come to grips with the fact that The Donald Won.  Get over it!!!!!!!

It’s baaack!

6F01110B-54A0-44DB-8C55-31F7F6A077DF.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

It’s baaack!

The shit that just won't flush...

I know it was a bad week for the Dems.  Take a deep breath, dust yourselves off and move on.  After all, it's only seven more years.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

I know it was a bad week for the Dems.

vladimir-putin-laughing.gif

• Like 1

The stupid is strong with Kmac.

• Like 2

You furners will never understand American politics but you keep hurting yourselves trying.  Give it up fools!!!!!!

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

The stupid is strong with Kmac.

You really need to use the ignore function more. I have enough negative bandwidth coming from the howler monkeys out back when the pterodactyls come in after dark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

You really need to use the ignore function more. I have enough negative bandwidth coming from the howler monkeys out back when the pterodactyls come in after dark.

Image result for head in sand

• Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

Nice try, kmac, but no-one's going to believe you were at the beach after you left your webcam on last night...

92Mlo.jpg

*shudder*

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

He's been on my ignore list from about day 2.

People insist on quoting the dildo so I still see some of his idiocies.

9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

He's been on my ignore list from about day 2.

People insist on quoting the dildo so I still see some of his idiocies.

You couldn't even get that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rex Tillerson makes rare public appearance in Houston

Russia interfered with the 2016 U.S. elections, former Secretary of State and Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson said during a Thursday evening visit to Houston.

https://www.chron.com/business/article/Rex-Tillerson-13448868.php

It's like President Trump doesn't even care -

"So often, the president would say here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it and I would have to say to him, Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can't do it that way. It violates the law," Tillerson said.

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

It's like President Trump doesn't even care -

"So often, the president would say here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it and I would have to say to him, Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can't do it that way. It violates the law," Tillerson said.

Trump thought that getting rid of Tillerson would make the "illegal" part go away. Now that he's surrounded himself with yes-men, anything is possible.

31 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Trump thought that getting rid of Tillerson would make the "illegal" part go away. Now that he's surrounded himself with yes-men, anything is possible.

Sadly, several of his illegal immigrant maids quit the other day.... Who knows? Next it may be his illegal immigrant ice cream scooper, or his illegal immigrant hair..... Ummm..... Technician.

So presidential. Fucking asshole.

1463315664_ScreenShot2018-12-07at4_34_11PM.thumb.png.376d7348edafc8d497bd621ffd7cf2f0.png

35 minutes ago, bhyde said:

So presidential. Fucking asshole.

1463315664_ScreenShot2018-12-07at4_34_11PM.thumb.png.376d7348edafc8d497bd621ffd7cf2f0.png

Trump!

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Trump!

I've seen fourteen year-old girls act more mature than this fucking idiot. He has no place being a president, and no place running a business or being in a leadership position of any kind. He's the laughing stock of humanity.

57 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

why you tellin' porkies grumpy? can't you fucking read?

No..... His tri-focals don't do it any more, and his insurance won't pay for new one's until 2020.

1 hour ago, bhyde said:

I've seen fourteen year-old girls act more mature than this fucking idiot. He has no place being a president, and no place running a business or being in a leadership position of any kind. He's the laughing stock of humanity.

The thing that baffles me is...how did he ever get anyone to lend him huge amounts of money?

Surely the bankers must have been able to see him for what he was within minutes at their first meeting.

18 minutes ago, VOA said:

Read it again slowly and maybe move your lips this time.

SINCE 2013, not IN 2013.

27 minutes ago, VOA said:

go to the source you stupid fuck https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/us/trump-bedminster-golf-undocumented-workers.html

At the president’s New Jersey golf course, an undocumented immigrant has worked as a maid since 2013. She said she never imagined she “would see such important people close up.”

Not one of diggers lie machines.
edit: nope, no problem with news.com.au, just user error on the part of grumpy.

14 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

How about you stop tellin' porkies.

He’s porkin gals that don’t eat pork.

10 hours ago, VOA said:

You’re nothing but a foul asshole. 

Why don’t you post some pics of the barmaids, eh? Perv.