Offshore 1

Larry's AC50 Circus

On 4/29/2019 at 10:27 AM, PIL66 said:

Anyone going out to watch... I’m in town... what’s the best way to watch

SF offers good water access for almost free. When I watched the AC there, We sat on the beach west of St. Francis and got to watch the starts. There is a SafeWay a block away which sells food and beer. Also the Marina Green would be a good place to watch if you cant get out past Golden Gate YC. Lastly would be Aquatic Park Pier which might be free though it get's stinky if it is because it's a popular place for fisherman or Fort Mason, both offer good visibility.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, barfy said:

Awww, don't give up now NAC..it's just software and it will always hate you.

I got it running on a samsung J7, android 8.1.0. It didn't grab permission for my camera even tho the Gplay page said it wanted it. Seems to play replays ok. wish i could zoom in on the umpapp, looks like a heap of info there.

Ok, got it.  They say they will show Friday practice racing in the app. I am not a gamer so I need to practice using the app! 

Notes to others in case they help:

1. use the link ProaSailor gave. I think the US GP team has tweeted it also.  I cannot find it searching in the Google Play Store but the app does download from there.

2.  It is a powered by oracle cloud app which as far as i can tell has the feature that (unlike for example my AA or UA apps) it does not store much. Except probably a ton of beacons and cookies, hahaha. So you have to have wifi or cell to make it work.  You can't afaik download races to watch offline. 

3.  It is actually pretty feature rich but hard to find  the touch interfaces. If you touch the large top image, you get a menu bar. Camera lets you pick what goes in the big display, can pick umpire view umpapp showing course and boats.

The left box can switch among umpire view, onboard cam for each boat by swiping left. There is a delay so wait. They cycle through.

4. You pick a fave team. That team data is in the lower right box with heading, wind, etc. I think you need to switch favorites to change it.

18 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

1. use the link ProaSailor gave. I think the US GP team has tweeted it also.  I cannot find it searching in the Google Play Store but the app does download from there.

It's in my Play store alright.

"About this app":

SailGP is sailing redefined. Fueled by Athletes Powered by Nature.

SailGP was created to engage and excite global sports fans year-round in a supercharged, fast-paced version of sailing aimed at increasing its mainstream popularity, introducing the next generation to the sport and creating a career path for extraordinary athletes.

It is uniquely poised to attract fans with its nation-versus-nation format, and fast-flying wingsail catamarans. The F50 boats are equal in their top-flight technology, allowing the world-class sailors to determine the outcome as the season unfolds in some of the world’s greatest sailing venues.

Don't trust all the strange app permissions for a bit, even less knowing it comes from Oracle and Courts & Co.

I sent them a few complaints and we finally have it. Seems to be working for me. It's in the Play Store if you type SailGP 

John Navas shows us what its really like. Even in big wind the boats are struggling to stay on the foils.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Yay!!!! Thx John, great to see your work again.

Now that there is a dedicated flight control, looks like nate and slinger have lost their advantage. Everyone looks a bit ordinary. Slinger said it was gonna be a big learning curve, I wonder if he'll go back to flying the boat.

I guess either the teams in Bermuda actually did a better job of dry laps/stable flight than they were given credit for or it’s much harder to do flight control without your magic screen  showing where you need to keep the arrow on your trim screen.

why bother separating flight control if you are going to miss out the bits that made the TNZ version work so well?

Probably as they/the Italians aren't playing they didn’t feel like letting wussel borrow the really good stuff 

A few of the manoeuvres look a little 'pitchy', but i wouldn't say they're struggling to stay on the foils. GBR seem to kiss the tops of waves in the tacks and gybes, but I don't think that would lose them much speed, it's not like when the main fall stalls out and they drop into displacement mode. I think they're actually less risky than when they get too high on the foils. Other than the Aussies we don't see any slap downs (the GBR tack and drop off the foils look deliberate as if they're stopping up).  

The teams seem to be pretty consistently getting up in to the high 45s, more so than we saw in Bermuda... but then the press releases promised regular 50 knots and theoretically 54, which they're quite some way off. But, if they'd all been smashing 50 knots right off the bat these practice sessions wouldn't have been quite as interesting without the will they won't they 50 knot barrier sub plot. 

I feel these would be quicker around the course than the AC50s, even ETNZ. But, then they are allowed foils outside max beam and rudder trim... so you'd expect that. I definitely don't think the teams are as rehearsed, but then, they've not had as much on water or simulator time as the Bermuda teams, and even in the favour Aus and JPN teams they're training up crew in new positions too.  

What I really hoped, and what I think is more important for quality of racing is foiling stacked manoeuvres... To me that was really the next barrier, not some arbitrary speed which sin't always perceptible to view anyway. i.e. tack - bear aways, gybe - roundings. Double tacks and double gybes. They do look some way off that. 

36 minutes ago, Mozzy Sails said:

I feel these would be quicker around the course than the AC50s, even ETNZ.

Unless the sailors are capable of doing it it's all a bit moot isn't it?

There are plenty of motorsports with higher top speeds than F1, but the best drivers are the best... There's more to it than top speed (which hasn't even been hit officially in a race yet anyway)

aEkej6.gif

I think these boats, as they are being sailing now, would be quicker around the course than the AC50's, even ETNZ. 

I think these teams aren't as rehearsed and if they were the differences between the AC50 and F50 would be more apparent. 

But, the gist of my post was what you say, top speed and even actual speed around the course aren't essential in having the best racing. Like I say, a bigger step toward better racing would be if they could stack foiling manoeuvres in sequence to open up boat on boat situations. 

I think the racing is going to be a step up in SF. I think we will see dry laps from the leading boats and 50 knots, but not close to 54. I reckon the racing will be better than anything we saw in the AC world series and probably similar to some of the better racing from the last AC.

But I think manoeuvres are still going to be risky and boats tactics are often going to compromised by their handling. I'm hoping by the end of teh series they'll break through that barrier. That for me is the next big step, not 50 knots. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mozzy Sails said:

I think these boats, as they are being sailing now, would be quicker around the course than the AC50's, even ETNZ. 

I think these teams aren't as rehearsed and if they were the differences between the AC50 and F50 would be more apparent. 

But, the gist of my post was what you say, top speed and even actual speed around the course aren't essential in having the best racing. Like I say, a bigger step toward better racing would be if they could stack foiling manoeuvres in sequence to open up boat on boat situations. 

I think the racing is going to be a step up in SF. I think we will see dry laps from the leading boats and 50 knots, but not close to 54. I reckon the racing will be better than anything we saw in the AC world series and probably similar to some of the better racing from the last AC.

But I think manoeuvres are still going to be risky and boats tactics are often going to compromised by their handling. I'm hoping by the end of teh series they'll break through that barrier. That for me is the next big step, not 50 knots. 

Spot on mozzy,  its hard to compare this series with the last AC. I’m sure that when these teams get more water time on the clock (as compared with the cream that contested the AC) that this series will be awesome viewing. There seems to be a lot of sour grapes with a couple of the kiwi posters on this thread due to the clashing with their upcoming AC which is fair enough but I find it hard to understand why they took such a radical diversion from the last cup to go with totally unproven foiling monos(?) i may be wrong  but time will tell I suppose.

Slingsby iirc mentioned in one of the Aussie videos that the 3-4' wave height made it hard to stay on the foil one day because they try to fly maybe 3' above the surface.

So wave height and probably periodicity matter.  Hey, why not for AC75s too?  I have been wondering for a while if having the  fastest boat sailing in displacement mode  (not foiling due to sea state) will help win a race or two in NZ. They are sailboats after all, the AC75s.

2 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Hilarious! That is such a BS you're claiming.

14 hours ago, Forourselves said:

John Navas shows us what its really like. Even in big wind the boats are struggling to stay on the foils.

Is that that same John Navas dickwad that would edit all the Oracle fuckups together from 34 to make it look like they couldn't foil at all? Even up to the day before the cup he was getting the Kiwi's all lathered up that Oracle couldn't even stay up on foils downwind. Fuck that guy.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Slingsby iirc mentioned in one of the Aussie videos that the 3-4' wave height made it hard to stay on the foil one day because they try to fly maybe 3' above the surface.

So wave height and probably periodicity matter.  Hey, why not for AC75s too?  I have been wondering for a while if having the  fastest boat sailing in displacement mode  (not foiling due to sea state) will help win a race or two in NZ. They are sailboats after all, the AC75s.

Yup, the Chinese crash interview mentioned a wave as one of the causes.

Could be the smaller boats are not so suited for SF chop, let alone....

Hauraki Gulf ocean swell.

Take no notice John.  We all genuinely like your videos even if we put our own spin on them.

Actually I take them for genuine, what you caught warts and all!

• Like 1

^^ and as mentioned in the other thread..a few trolls in here hating for the sake of hating.

Like John or mihbda had anything on their minds but trying to produce some visual excitement for those of us far away. They are to be commended for their time and effort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pusslicker said:

Is that that same John Navas dickwad that would edit all the Oracle fuckups together from 34 to make it look like they couldn't foil at all? Even up to the day before the cup he was getting the Kiwi's all lathered up that Oracle couldn't even stay up on foils downwind. Fuck that guy.

Trump is that you? "What you see with your eyes, and what you hear, isn't whats happening" lol

• Downvote 1

One thing is evident, the control systems, and how the boat flies and handles as a result, is very different to what we saw in Bermuda...

1 hour ago, dg_sailingfan said:

LOL,

it's pretty silly to compare the San Francisco Venue to the Bermuda Venue. In BDA we pretty much had flat water and only medium breeze (the only Day where we had above 20 knots in BDA was the Day NZL capsized). There was no chop as well in BDA for most of the time

This is why the Boats in this Video look somewhat out of control.

But then again, the boats have been "redesigned, redefined and digitized" blah blah, they're a step on from the AC50, blah blah. 

"the only Day where we had above 20 knots in BDA was the Day NZL capsized. There was no chop as well in BDA for most of the time

This is why the Boats in this Video look somewhat out of control"

And EXACTLY what GD was talking about when he said the AC50's couldn't sail in Auckland.

1 minute ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Dalts is only partly right here. If they would sail on the same Course in the outer Hauraki Gulf like they did for AC 30 and AC 31 then I do agree with Dalts that the AC 50 would have some Major Breakages.

That being said given that the Racing will be held in the inner Gulf the AC 50 would be just fine.

Sure, because you've raced an AC50 in the inner Gulf so you'd know? smh

F50 teams would have benefited from more training time together in water before SF. Or from a smaller wing. Or both. Godspeed.

4 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

ETNZ did race their own AC 50 in the inner Gulf doing Dry Laps before going to Bermuda so saying the AC 50's wouldn't be able to handle the conditions is just plain stupid on your part - Period.

If the new F 50's can handle a strong wind venue like San Francisco where they will race on Saturday/Sunday surely they can handle Auckland then you little dumb fool.

What a dumb cunt! They "trained" behind Waiheke in the shelter - Dalton already addressed that - heaps of times! Use your fucking ears you moron!

We'll soon see if they can handle San Francisco! Ones already broken! If that happened in Auckland you'd be moaning about the boats being a failure! But all you're saying is "Oh it'll work out" Ya dumb cunt!

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

It will work out well. Don't worry!:)

Team JPN btw won all 3 Practice Races today. Go Nathan 49er :D

"It will work out well. Don't worry" What a fucking cock-up! Its unsafe not giving them enough training time isn't it!? Or only when it suits? lol

Great that John Navas is back with us and providing some lively footage for all the experts here to fight about.

Clearly,  these are hugely different conditions than Bermuda and crews still coming to grips with their boats.

Can't wait for the next two days to see the top dawgs!

Many thanks to you John N., for contributing.

• Like 1

I wonder why Australia opted not to race the practice matches today. Saw then do the 2nd race start then pull out on purpose nothing wrong.

Are the practice race results available somewhere ?

France, Monaco, Andorra
Saturday, May 4, Live on Dailymotion, 21:30 - 23:00 CEST
Sunday, May 5, Delayed on Canal+ Sport, 00:15 CEST
Sunday, May 5, Live on Canal+ Sport, 21:30 - 23:00 CEST
SailGP App: Supplementary video and data; full race replay (7 days post-event)
Facebook @SailGP: Full race replay (7 days post-event)

https://sailgp.com/watch/

This is so fucking ridiculous, and only for France ..

I'm not against paid content at all, but the "all subscription based" mantra is just disgusting.

1 hour ago, yl75 said:

Are the practice race results available somewhere ?

Team Japan won all races via Facebook. 

John Navas has the best video so far; 

• Like 3

On 5/2/2019 at 12:14 AM, Forourselves said:

So we have a kink in the foils, an X-Box type controller,  a dedicated flight controller to ensure the Skipper can focus on Tactics...gee how original lol Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

The only point that I don't like in the boat and why I could prefer the AC75. Worse would even be a dot computer assist flight system. Sailing should not be automotized with a computer.

Forecast looking rather light for today, but perhaps local conditions trump the forecasts and we get more than the forecast 10 knots? 

Just watching the Sydney races replayed on CBSSN this morning, and the male commentator is hopeless.

15 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

Forecast looking rather light for today, but perhaps local conditions trump the forecasts and we get more than the forecast 10 knots? 

Just watching the Sydney races replayed on CBSSN this morning, and the male commentator is hopeless.

well it's good to have Jody Shiels this time! most fun commentator ever!

34 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

Setting aside the need for speed the racing might be cleaner and closer in 10 kt with fewer equipment issues.  Yesterday they still had nosedives. Plus AUS and JAPAN almost t-boned. 

Tried to link video but couldn't.  Look on Fakebook.

Godspeed.

Need your help:
Will BT Sports broadcast again? If so, channel 1 or 2? When will it start (UTC)?

13 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Hope that helps :)

D5tZ7heUIAEPQ4J.jpg

Thanks, but only regarding the start time. I actually wondered, whether BT Sports is on board again.
But I already found answers via the pirate streams. Looks like BT Sports in broadcasting, starting 21:30 CEST.

In case you have a good adblocker and antivir...

http://livetv.sx/dex/eventinfo/802019_gp_san_francisco/

• Like 1

Anyone seeing anything? Looks like the broadcast is stuck at the title...

Edit: Ahhh, now... :-)

Morning all - currently 0355 in China.

Looks like the Aussie domination continues with another 1-2 for the Antipodean skippers

Ahh, 3 races today, one more to go.
Some spectators there, quite a few bleacher seats still vacant. I wish we has that much space for us during the AC ;).
Nice to see the SF seafront. It brings back good memories.

Just now, dg_sailingfan said:

I have to say I am very impressed with Nathan's Starts. 2 Times he absolutely nailed it.

And superior speed.

• Like 1

They don't have one of those morons from Sydney commenting, thank God. A new guy who is good and Shirley.

Love seeing Charlie McKee being included, he and I went to high school and then the University of Washington together in Seattle, enjoyed some spectacular racing on Lake Washington and out of the Corinthian Yacht Club.

Wow, Euroflex really hasn't given up an inch in the offseason

Definitely worth getting up for even if my team didn't shine. now as the racing finishes the dawn is breaking here and the bloody birds are waking up so chances of returning to sleep are pretty slim :-)

This was much better than Sydney. Racing yes, but also camera work/direction and commentary. They do respond to feedback, apparently.

Looked fairly lightly attended  but SF people can better say.

JPN awesome, GBR most improved. 

USA apparently kept old control system with skipper doing most flying.

2 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

They don't have one of those morons from Sydney commenting, thank God. A new guy who is good and Shirley.

Jody shilds, one of the most fun guys out there. He's been commentating moth races for ages (the always fun bangin the corners cup), it's nice to see him in a more prestigious role!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

We think there was about 1000 boats on the water, including two 'ferries' that were packed with spectators. 

Lower numbers than Sydney, but I think anywhere would have that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

The Great Vallejo Race is today. One of the largest inland regattas in the country.

On 5/2/2019 at 8:00 PM, Forourselves said:

I went and saw the races in person today. It did seem like it was difficult to stay on the foils through the maneuvers, but not because of a lack of speed or power, but because it is a difficult thing. They are just far from polished on these boats.

Wonder how long before the Aussies and French start being more vocal about Nationality? They'll soon start getting sick of getting their asses whooped by a Japanese team thats not quite Japanese.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Wonder how long before the Aussies and French start being more vocal about Nationality? They'll soon start getting sick of getting their asses whooped by a Japanese team thats not quite Japanese.

With nationality rules for designers, and the AC is a design competition, the Kiwis would never have got the cup and you would not be beating your chest like a monkey. :D

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Shut Up you little NZ Clown and Immigrant!

Haha look whos talking!

28 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

With nationality rules for designers, and the AC is a design competition, the Kiwis would never have got the cup and you would not be beating your chest like a monkey. :D

No one would win the cup without foreign designers. Australia 2 would not have won without Tom Shnackenburg. 

35 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Shut Up you little NZ Clown and Immigrant!

I aint making comments like "I want Ainslie to be tormented and have tomatoes thrown at him...so who's the clow? Ya fucking moron!

23 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

No one would win the cup without foreign designers. Australia 2 would not have won without Tom Shnackenburg. 

You are forgetting a bunch of non kiwi's, far more important, BTW.

Australia would be disappointed with their preparation for San Fran. They were late on the water and changes made to the boat have created problems. A bit like F1 racing already. Good to see some teams improve though and more even racing.

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

No one would win the cup without foreign designers.

No, the AC is a design contest, countries with best designers would win.

44 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

No, the AC is a design contest, countries Teams with best designers would win.

1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Troll: "friendly competition between foreign countries."

That was the exact intention of the competition when the cup was handed over. 

If you believe what Shoeb said, he thinks the AC75's are going to be similar in performance. So it will be the crew that can get their boat around the track, most probably dry, that will get the gong. Meaning crew work and technique in handling these foiling beasts will be the decider. Of course if everyone is doing dry laps, then design differences and boat positioning will come into play.

9 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

That was the exact intention of the competition when the cup was handed over. 

You contradict yourself.

Just now, Tornado-Cat said:

You contradict yourself.

Wrong.

The intention when the AC was handed over was to promote Friendly competition between countries. This is what the Nationality/ Residency rules introduced by ETNZ for AC36 were intended to promote. The arbitration panel has since clarified what was (probably intentionally) vague wording in the protocol as to what defined a "National" of a country. The intention has always been the same. The problem is, billionaires such as Berterelli and Ellison, and to a lesser extent, Patrizio Bertelli (even though Sailing, as a sport, is huge in Italy), have entered the fray, and have effectively ignored that intention and made it an event dictated by them (the billionaires) and initiated a market of trading professional sailors among "teams". This is what the AC had become, a competition made up of "teams" assembled by billionaires"

When ETNZ won the cup, by introducing the Nationality/ Residency rules, they have attempted to steer the AC away from the previous format of Billionaire dictatorship, to a more commercial, national/ country based format. This is evident with the current (known) group of challengers which are, for the most part, made up of Nationals of their respective teams (consistent with the intention of the DoG) 

Great commentary, really big step up I totally am enjoying it...

" one little crash down and you could get totally ccrrrusified on that cross".

Classic...

The Android app???

The boat indicator at the bottom was so off it could have been from an opti in the spectators. The voice synch on the main stream was two seconds off. The video was clean, on 4g buffered a lot, fibre Wi-Fi was nice. I tried a bunch of pauses to re synch audio, no change.

Overall I enjoyed,

Nate enjoyed more, no one will catch him in consistent conditions. 

Not, enough, training..even if some team was motivated enough to make their hands bleed.

4 hours ago, terrafirma said:

Australia would be disappointed with their preparation for San Fran. They were late on the water and changes made to the boat have created problems. A bit like F1 racing already. Good to see some teams improve though and more even racing.

Australia weren't late on the water and their preparation was fine. It was agreed that the less experienced teams would be allowed more practice time than the top teams in order to help them catch up and produce better racing. Australia and Japan both had the same amount of sailing time. Japan were given the least time training in Sydney because of the perceived advantage Nathan had being the only AC skipper and then having done most of the development work. Because of being on home water, the Australians got more time on the water than they would have at another venue and that extra time showed.

The reality is that many believe that in equal boats, it would be hard for any team to beat Nathan and Gooby.

Interesting about practice time allocation.

How are " they" going to manage this going forward? Practice handicap for series leaders? Publish the practice times? Seems like a back room solution a bit. Please to inform us. :)

I was wondering about how it worked this venue after Sidney being supposed to be only one boat at a time,and SF obviously different.

27 minutes ago, A Class Sailor said:

The reality is that many believe that in equal boats, it would will be hard for any team to beat Nathan and Gooby.

Well at least the public engagement has improved since last time... but Im pretty sure Bermuda didn't have these sorts of obnoxious rules.

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Wrong.

The intention when the AC was handed over was to promote Friendly competition between countries. This is what the Nationality/ Residency rules introduced by ETNZ for AC36 were intended to promote. The arbitration panel has since clarified what was (probably intentionally) vague wording in the protocol as to what defined a "National" of a country. The intention has always been the same. The problem is, billionaires such as Berterelli and Ellison, and to a lesser extent, Patrizio Bertelli (even though Sailing, as a sport, is huge in Italy), have entered the fray, and have effectively ignored that intention and made it an event dictated by them (the billionaires) and initiated a market of trading professional sailors among "teams". This is what the AC had become, a competition made up of "teams" assembled by billionaires"

When ETNZ won the cup, by introducing the Nationality/ Residency rules, they have attempted to steer the AC away from the previous format of Billionaire dictatorship, to a more commercial, national/ country based format. This is evident with the current (known) group of challengers which are, for the most part, made up of Nationals of their respective teams (consistent with the intention of the DoG) 

This this fuckwit still pumping how good the kiwis are, in an event we don’t give a shit. In spite of all the bullshit ‘forhimself’ spews about this series, it is tight high 40 knots racing with multiple leaders and great coverage we haven’t ever seen before.

But I cannot let him get away from the last comment...the reason why the “(Known) group of challengers” is at risk, is because Billionaires are needed as they have always have.. Meew Zealand is the only country to have fleeced it’s tax payers to fund the billionaires sport.. 

16 minutes ago, Woodsies Troppo said:

This this fuckwit still pumping how good the kiwis are, in an event we don’t give a shit about anymore - because we got our asses kicked and lost. In spite of all the bullshit Truth ‘forhimself’ spews about this series, it is tight high 40 knots racing with multiple leaders  all the second place teams and great coverage we have seen before in Bermuda.

But I cannot let him get away from the last comment...the reason why the “(Known) group of challengers” is at risk, is because Billionaires are NOT needed as they have screwed the event until now, and New Zealand is the only country outside America to have won the AC 3 times and has fleeced it’s tax payers the support of their country behind the team..

A few mistakes in there, so I fixed it for you...you're welcome.

Late to the party (work, but a nice payday to look forward too, extra 400+ on the paycheck), obviously delighted with the results for reasons that are clear from my handle, have to say though that the kiwi haters have a leg to stand on here, somewhat unimpressed by the boat handing I have seen so far.

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

#formyself.. Trumpesque in your bullshit.. all about you and lies...

256E01F5-4E92-43FC-9DA1-F3D30D8ECFAF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

And fuck you, you low life, to alter a quote is indicative of how you roll. Unless someone goes back to check the original content, you have mis-represented me and i’d fucking sue  the shit out of you in the real world. And that’s all the assets you’d have is shit..

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

Late to the party (work, but a nice payday to look forward too, extra 400+ on the paycheck), obviously delighted with the results for reasons that are clear from my handle, have to say though that the kiwi haters have a leg to stand on here, somewhat unimpressed by the boat handing I have seen so far.

I think it’s important to note that there  is a new system based flight controller that has been installed since Sydney 4 out of the 6 teams are using this system to,fly the boat  the majority of the time the others are still using the twist grips on the wheel .

‘with the speeds the boats are doing The finesse that’s required to keep a level platform is immense especially as the tide starts going out in the bay causing more chop etc 

the teams have had very very limited time to perfect the use of this new system 

it only takes a minimal mistake at 45 kts for it all to go wrong 

Remember the flight control is using his hands to turn the palm controls as the boat is moving around beneath him so he cannot brace himself to well do any minor turn from the skipper or adjustment from the wing trimmer  alters the platform 

kind of like standing on a skateboard on a bumpy road while doing 80klm per hour and trying to unscrew  a lid of a jar ....

sounds easy  right 

2 hours ago, Woodsies Troppo said:

And fuck you, you low life, to alter a quote is indicative of how you roll. Unless someone goes back to check the original content, you have mis-represented given me herpes and i’d fucking sue  the shit out of you in the real world. And that’s all the assets you’d have is shit.. 

1507730719123-SUED_FOR_STDS.thumb.jpeg.ceaf589579bc8d6c22320f62465698ff.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forourselves said:

And fuck you, you low life, to alter a quote is indicative of how you roll. Unless someone goes back to check the original content, you have mis-represented me and i’d fucking sue  the shit out of you in the real world. And that’s all the assets you’d have is shit..

1 hour ago, Fiji Bitter said:

1507730719123-SUED_FOR_STDS.thumb.jpeg.ceaf589579bc8d6c22320f62465698ff.jpeg

nailed it !

A14F9229-25E2-48A1-80B8-31B8776D5328.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I’m no Pro sailer but the teams need a lot more time on the water. Unless it’s familiarity with the boat, I don’t see how anyone could compare the F50 to ETNZ, the foiling tacks and gybes were a lot slicker on The kiwi boat.