Offshore 1

Larry's AC50 Circus

13 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

That will never happen. You are completely out of your mind here cuz they don't have the space for that. Dalton mentioned during the AC Overture last Summer they could have up to 250-300K at most. And these folks won't turn up for every Race.

Nevermind the space, they barely have enough PEOPLE to get that many!  

5 hours ago, Ex-yachtie said:

Even at 250-300k @MR.CLEAN was right. 

Fancy arguing that an event will be a failure because only quarter of a million people might turn up in person. You must live in a miserable world. 

He lives in his mother's basement. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rh2600 said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they'd be up for continuing with Stan Honey et al's involvement - it probably comes down to how entangled that group all is with LE/RC/ACEA

I've little doubt AR will be involved too...

You're wrong: Stan Honey will never ever be involved in AC Racing again - Period.

18 hours ago, mad said:

But having the course confinement’s shown should be kept in my opinion. Get rid of the rest, but improve some of the angles on the footage as well 

Easy fix: Get rid of the course confinements ;).

But you're right, although the "old" VE was certainly enough to explain the action, the new LL is fancier and more up-to-date visually. 

3 hours ago, mad said:

He lives in his mother's basement. 

Miserable world indeed.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:27 PM, dg_sailingfan said:

That will never happen. You are completely out of your mind here cuz they don't have the space for that. Dalton mentioned during the AC Overture last Summer they could have up to 250-300K at most. And these folks won't turn up for every Race.

And Clean, what I am comparing here how sustainable an Event is. SailGP will sustain itself, the GC32 Series probably won't unless they'll get some TV Deals soon. SailGP will become the Main Foiling Series for a long time to come.

What do you mean by sustainable?

The GC32 Series is working fine, as long as the owners keep paying their entry fees. It has low overheads and has made enough to have a small profit in the last two years, which goes back into the event. It has no desire to be a commercial event and is 'not for profit', but is aimed at the majority of Class members, who are private owners.

SailGP will last as long as Larry pays for it. The TV rights are nowhere near covering the costs, and sponsorship is pretty non existent. That said, we are only on event two, so there is a long way to go. The advantage of Larry's backing is to buy time for the teams, and event, to find serious sponsors and to consistently improve on delivery. The disadvantage is that the event will last as long as Larry is interested. 

So, like the rest of Sailing,  both events are reliant upon the owners. Multiple or single, neither exists without them. Neither is more sustainable than the other, though arguably the GC32 Series is not reliant upon a single owner, and has multiple billionaires involved....

On 5/22/2019 at 11:55 AM, Potter said:

What do you mean by sustainable?

The GC32 Series is working fine, as long as the owners keep paying their entry fees. It has low overheads and has made enough to have a small profit in the last two years, which goes back into the event. It has no desire to be a commercial event and is 'not for profit', but is aimed at the majority of Class members, who are private owners.

SailGP will last as long as Larry pays for it. The TV rights are nowhere near covering the costs, and sponsorship is pretty non existent. That said, we are only on event two, so there is a long way to go. The advantage of Larry's backing is to buy time for the teams, and event, to find serious sponsors and to consistently improve on delivery. The disadvantage is that the event will last as long as Larry is interested. 

So, like the rest of Sailing,  both events are reliant upon the owners. Multiple or single, neither exists without them. Neither is more sustainable than the other, though arguably the GC32 Series is not reliant upon a single owner, and has multiple billionaires involved....

What I mean with "sustainable" is that the GC32 Series will be done soon similar to ESS and particularly if there is no TV Coverage.

SailGP in the long run will replace the GC32 & ESS.

I btw predicted late last year that the ESS would be done soon and I was right.

11 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

What I mean with "sustainable" is that the GC32 Series will be done soon similar to ESS and particularly if there is no TV Coverage.

1) The GC32 series is an owner-funded series. It only has limited media because that's what the owners want.  It's highly sustainable because the owners love the boats, it's relatively cheap to move them around, and you only need a handful of pros to run the program.

2) SailGP will last for as long as Larry keeps paying all the bills.  That's likely two seasons, maybe three.  Already the teams are bitching about the costs to compete, and they're not paying more than a fraction of the event costs.

3) GENIUS

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 7:14 AM, Mozzy Sails said:

Nevermind the space, they barely have enough PEOPLE to get that many!  

That's why the ratings from the San Fran AC were so crazy: 70% of kiwi households watched it.  More than the rest of the world combined.  Bermuda shit the bed because rights fees.

16 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

1) The GC32 series is an owner-funded series. It only has limited media because that's what the owners want.  It's highly sustainable because the owners love the boats, it's relatively cheap to move them around, and you only need a handful of pros to run the program.

2) SailGP will last for as long as Larry keeps paying all the bills.  That's likely two seasons, maybe three.  Already the teams are bitching about the costs to compete, and they're not paying more than a fraction of the event costs.

3) GENIUS

You are absolutely wrong here. By the time the 4th Season starts Larry wouldn't need to pay $$$ to keep the Event going. SailGP will sustain itself. You should really go into hiding cuz you have been wrong before claiming we would have 6-8 Teams in AC36 among other things.

And as a well-known Sailing Journalist you should know better that No Sporting Event in the modern world can sustain itself without TV Coverage.

13 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

You are absolutely wrong here. By the time the 4th Season starts Larry wouldn't need to pay $$$ to keep the Event going. SailGP will sustain itself. You should really go into hiding cuz you have been wrong before claiming we would have 6-8 Teams in AC36 among other things.

And as a well-known Sailing Journalist you should know better that No Sporting Event in the modern world can sustain itself without TV Coverage.

All good dg.  Judging from your writing you are maybe 18 years old so we have time to see whose prediction comes true.  I've been watching Larry's boom/bust sporting cycles for twenty years though and the ratings issues are pretty obvious for someone who understands them.

For what its worth, I have never called myself a journalist of any kind, nor was I one.  I'm just a dude on the internet.

5 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

All good dg.  Judging from your writing you are maybe 18 years old so we have time to see whose prediction comes true.  I've been watching Larry's boom/bust sporting cycles for twenty years though and the ratings issues are pretty obvious for someone who understands them.

For what its worth, I have never called myself a journalist of any kind, nor was I one.  I'm just a dude on the internet.

Really? I saw you on TV when you were covering the VOR in Abu Dhabi in 2015 and they called you "Sailing Journalist". You were on the Sailing Illustrated FB Show recently where you were called Sailing Journalist as well. Who is right then?

18 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

You are absolutely wrong here. .........you should know better that No Sporting Event in the modern world can sustain itself without TV Coverage.

We are talking about sailing here.

There is a pretty long list of sailing events that have sustained themselves in the modern world without TV coverage.

The Copa Del Rey 

The 5-0-5 World Championships

Charleston Race Week

TP52 MedCup (okay some online streaming but TV coverage?)

The Viper 640 World Championships and Winter Series :)

and I suspect the GC32 circuit will continue just as long as the owners want it to .

41 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Agree.  That's why one hopes the SailGP is "funding secured" lol.  Bet it's not in escrow.  

39 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

should really go into hiding cuz

I thought you would go into hiding after we saw you talking to yourself on your Twitter, cuz.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, barfy said:

I thought you would go into hiding after we saw you talking to yourself on your Twitter, cuz.

You're hilarious! You think dg_sailingfan & Fortfolio of Yachts are the same person, do you? Give me a break!

You are a bad person and so is Forourselves and rh. But of course all 3 are NZ Clowns so I expected nothing less than clowning.

Actually I don't hold any grudge against the People of NZ (I was a couple of weeks in NZ during 2008 when I was working in Australia) in general just those NZ People here on SA.

I will bitch and put doom and gloom about AC36 the same way certain people did during AC34 and AC35.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

As had been said by others, TV coverage is completely irrelevant to the GC32, and is therefore as sustainable as literally any other Sailing event /Series. 

In fact,  do you honestly believe that SailGP will achieve TV coverage that produces $30million per event? Because that is what would be needed. 

Or maybe you mean that enough TV coverage will encourage sponsors enough to put in that kinds of money? 

2 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

You're hilarious! You think dg_sailingfan & Fortfolio of Yachts are the same person, do you? Give me a break!

You are a bad person and so is Forourselves and rh. But of course all 3 are NZ Clowns so I expected nothing less than clowning.

Actually I don't hold any grudge against the People of NZ (I was a couple of weeks in NZ during 2008 when I was working in Australia) in general just those NZ People here on SA.

I will bitch and put doom and gloom about AC36 the same way certain people did during AC34 and AC35.

But you are A4E aren’t you? 

3 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

"You are a bad person and so is Forourselves" Oh no, here you go again - stop bullying me! lol

Haha the problem is, we'll always be right about AC34 and 35, and you'll just be a little bitch lol

And hey, do ya think they'll hit the 50 knot record on the Hudson next month? 

How fast will they go?  Who will win?  How much stuff will break on each boat?

Lots to discuss before the first AC75 splashes! 

1 hour ago, dg_sailingfan said:

No!

:lol: you deluded little child. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

And hey, do ya think they'll hit the 50 knot record on the Hudson next month? 

How fast will they go?  Who will win?  How much stuff will break on each boat?

Lots to discuss before the first AC75 splashes! 

Can we plueeze go back to fighting about F50?

Prediction: barring a derecho they won't break 50 racing.

21 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Really? I saw you on TV when you were covering the VOR in Abu Dhabi in 2015 and they called you "Sailing Journalist". You were on the Sailing Illustrated FB Show recently where you were called Sailing Journalist as well. Who is right then?

If someone calls you a black lesbian but you say you are not, are they right or are you right?

18 hours ago, Potter said:

As had been said by others, TV coverage is completely irrelevant to the GC32, and is therefore as sustainable as literally any other Sailing event /Series. 

In fact,  do you honestly believe that SailGP will achieve TV coverage that produces $30million per event? Because that is what would be needed. 

Or maybe you mean that enough TV coverage will encourage sponsors enough to put in that kinds of money? 

I was told by a production staffer that TV coverage for SailGP costs 1.3M average per event, not including travel/lodging/food, and that no network is paying for the broadcast.

I don't know if there's an amortization in that figure for Liveline/equipment development.

I was told by a production staffer that TV coverage for SailGP costs 1.3M average per event, not including travel/lodging/food, and that no network is paying for the broadcast.

I don't know if there's an amortization in that figure for Liveline/equipment development.

Any rough ballpark on what the return from licensing broadcasts would be? 100k? Just a smoke show for Larry? Surely after last time he saw the outcome, I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, barfy said:

Any rough ballpark on what the return from licensing broadcasts would be? 100k? Just a smoke show for Larry? Surely after last time he saw the outcome, I don't get it.

Why can't you embrace SailGP? It's exciting, it's fun and it's fast.

San Francisco was spectacular.

33 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

It's exciting, it's fun and it's fast.

What does that have to do with this conversation?    Are you capable of holding more than one idea in your head at any given time?

37 minutes ago, barfy said:

In general, non AC sailing broadcasts are either given away freely or actually paid-up like an advertisement.  The reason for this is that no network wants to take on the responsibility for selling advertising for a sailing event, because their advertisers laugh at them when they do. 

This allows the event to sell advertising for their own broadcast by touting that "XYZ Network is broadcasting it!", which allows them an excuse to get some cash from their existing relationships, (i.e. LVMH, Oracle for SGP), but it would be rare for sales to even cover the production costs much less the total event costs.   Given the poor viewer numbers from the first two SGP events, the numbers certainly aren't going to go up.  

Russell has been good at selling HNW services though, which has helped fund most of the AC stuff over the past couple decades.  I wrote a story long ago about how Louis Vuitton can spend 25M on an America's Cup and earn 5 times that much selling handbags to the 150 clients they bring to the event to wine and dine and sit on a spectator boat.  Problem with that model is: LV doesn't need to do this 4 times a year.  Once every two to four years works well though.

38 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

In general, non AC sailing broadcasts are either given away freely or actually paid-up like an advertisement.  The reason for this is that no network wants to take on the responsibility for selling advertising for a sailing event, because their advertisers laugh at them when they do. 

This allows the event to sell advertising for their own broadcast by touting that "XYZ Network is broadcasting it!", which allows them an excuse to get some cash from their existing relationships, (i.e. LVMH, Oracle for SGP), but it would be rare for sales to even cover the production costs much less the total event costs.   Given the poor viewer numbers from the first two SGP events, the numbers certainly aren't going to go up.  

Russell has been good at selling HNW services though, which has helped fund most of the AC stuff over the past couple decades.  I wrote a story long ago about how Louis Vuitton can spend 25M on an America's Cup and earn 5 times that much selling handbags to the 150 clients they bring to the event to wine and dine and sit on a spectator boat.  Problem with that model is: LV doesn't need to do this 4 times a year.  Once every two to four years works well though.

I'm always shocked at the number of $1,500 handbags the world seems to need.  

9 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

I'm always shocked at the number of $1,500 handbags the world seems to need.  

A $1500 bag is for poor people

LV has their top 'sales guides', mostly ex-fashion models, handling each of these individuals at a major event.  I spent a few hours with one of these ladies when I was in La Maddalena in 2010, and she told me that the average annual spend by those 150 top LV clients was well over 1M euros, and that it was surprisingly easy to spend 1M on LV gear when you are buying for your: Wife, ex-wife, parents, parents-in-law, mistress, mistress 2, kids, stepkids, more stepkids, dog....

She also told me that she and her team were expected to extract a 50% increase over the average spend from those clients for the following year.  They were all quite well paid.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

That is interesting, thx. Sounds like maybe sustainable sailing events can only handle a frequency of every 4 years.

Sounds like maybe you are a black lesbian as well..:D

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

That sounds like a shitload of cash for what is basically a 2 day race event!  How many media staff are they employing? Think I counted 3-4 and n front of the camera last time, a camera guy, sound guy for shore and then the same again for the sailing, (plus boat and boat driver)  assuming they’re using drone rather than helicopter for the aerial shots?  

And where is that going if doesn’t include travel and expenses etc? 

Be interesting to see the rough breakdown as you see it? 

2 minutes ago, mad said:

How many media staff are they employing?

Around 35-40 total.  remember you have multiple people running some of these individual cameras.  

10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Around 35-40 total.  remember you have multiple people running some of these individual cameras.  

Thanks, I’m pretty ignorant on how this works.  Do you think 1.3 M sounds a reasonable cost for the level of coverage provided? 

Having trouble trying to imagine what 35-40 people are doing for an event that is basically 2 days of racing. And the racing is pretty compact on time compared to IACC races of a 90 minutes plus. 

52 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

A $1500 bag is for poor people

LV has their top 'sales guides', mostly ex-fashion models, handling each of these individuals at a major event.  I spent a few hours with one of these ladies when I was in La Maddalena in 2010, and she told me that the average annual spend by those 150 top LV clients was well over 1M euros, and that it was surprisingly easy to spend 1M on LV gear when you are buying for your: Wife, ex-wife, parents, parents-in-law, mistress, mistress 2, kids, stepkids, more stepkids, dog....

She also told me that she and her team were expected to extract a 50% increase over the average spend from those clients for the following year.  They were all quite well paid.

LV is not only inviting the direct customers (who probably dont want to waste half an hour of their time talking to an assistant/ex model anyway) but the stylists who represent 5-10 high end clients, and will be buying 5-10x what an individual will buy.

Tina can take care of all of your personal shopping in CT and she has access to those hard-to-get limited editions. https://www.stylebytina.com/sbt3-shopper

Amanda spends well over $1m a year on behalf of her clients for bags. https://www.amandasanders.com/celebrity-style-clients

I mean seriously, who needs to go to a store when you can simply text your stylist. :)

5 minutes ago, mad said:

Do you think 1.3 M sounds a reasonable cost for the level of coverage provided? 

That's not really a question that can be answered easily, because there are literally no other companies that can do it. Larry owns liveline, which is the keystone of the broadcast, and without that, it's just EXSS/WMRT/SSL with a few more cameras and VTs and interviews.  I think the WMRT stuff at its apex (the million dollar year) spent around 600k per event on the broadcast stuff.

Having trouble trying to imagine what 35-40 people are doing for an event that is basically 2 days of racing.

several 90-minute long talk shows on TV have 250+ staff working on the show.  Laypeople can never understand how much work and manpower it takes to produce live tv, especially when you're pulling in edited vts and interviews.

Just now, MR.CLEAN said:

That's not really a question that can be answered easily, because there are literally no other companies that can do it. Larry owns liveline, which is the keystone of the broadcast, and without that, it's just EXSS/WMRT/SSL with a few more cameras and VTs and interviews.  I think the WMRT stuff at its apex (the million dollar year) spent around 600k per event on the broadcast stuff.

several 90-minute long talk shows on TV have 250+ staff working on the show.  Laypeople can never understand how much work and manpower it takes to produce live tv, especially when you're pulling in edited vts and interviews.

Cummon Clean, admit you miss it...just a bit.

Reading your posts elsewhere its good that you get an intellectual kick out of your blossoming legal practice and its a more reliable way to raise a family......but there's a part of you that misses the hustle of the press booth and getting the interview that nobody else got.

3 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

LV is not only inviting the direct customers (who probably dont want to waste half an hour of their time talking to an assistant/ex model anyway) but the stylists who represent 5-10 high end clients, and will be buying 5-10x what an individual will buy.

Tina can take care of all of your personal shopping in CT and she has access to those hard-to-get limited editions. https://www.stylebytina.com/sbt3-shopper

Amanda spends well over $1m a year on behalf of her clients for bags. https://www.amandasanders.com/celebrity-style-clients

I mean seriously, who needs to go to a store when you can simply text your stylist. :)

the 'assistant/ex-model' I was hanging out with owned an F430 and spent her days only with shipping magnates (and maybe their stylists/nieces?)

2 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

there's a part of you that misses the hustle of the press booth and getting the interview that nobody else got.

I'd never deny the rush that comes from doing a great live piece or grabbing a great interview and if I were single, I'd probably be doing it right now.  

I think my favorite two interviews ever were with Ernesto Bertarelli in Key West and Dona Bertarelli in Gothenburg 10 years later.

1 minute ago, EYESAILOR said:

Cummon Clean, admit you miss it...just a bit.

Reading your posts elsewhere its good that you get an intellectual kick out of your blossoming legal practice and its a more reliable way to raise a family......but there's a part of you that misses the hustle of the press booth and getting the interview that nobody else got.

And, while we gave you shit at the time (its SA!) , I will grudgingly concede that your writing was waaay more entertaining than most of the FP that we see nowadays.

On 5/24/2019 at 7:54 AM, dg_sailingfan said:

I think you have difficulty reading.

3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Thanks Clean, as I said, this not something I'm familiar with. But it still sounds like a lot of $$$, guessing some/most are getting very well paid. 

Just a quick check it amortises out at $32.5k per head, even if that was halved to pay for boats, helicopters etc it’s a sweet deal to be on for a few days work. Where do i sign up? :D

And, while we gave you shit at the time (its SA!) , I will grudgingly concede that your writing was waaay more entertaining than most of the FP that we see nowadays.

Thanks Eye.  I agree.

You go to the FP?? :blink:

the 'assistant/ex-model' I was hanging out with owned an F430 and spent her days only with shipping magnates (and maybe their stylists/nieces?)

Dahhling, that is the volume car.   Driven by the kind of people who own $1500 handbags. The audience we are talking about drive Le Ferrari .

(No, Im not a car person, but Mr. Eye knows his cars and has spent a lifetime investing our life savings on his damn cars. Boats go down in value , no matter how collectible, cars on the other hand  )

6 minutes ago, mad said:

You go to the FP?? :blink:

Not in a long time. But Ed has gotten sneaky and is re-posting some of the worst articles in the forums.

Uh, like I said some time ago SailGP is a sweet deal for those getting paid.  

Also a spectacle to watch for free until the teat dries up.  

But shit on those boats keeps breaking, what is this, IMOCA? 

I have a $1500 Ferragamo  handbag but more often stuff my sailcloth miniwallet in my jeans pocket.  Might get robbed on public transit or jacked in the Target parking lot.

15 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

Dahhling, that is the volume car.   Driven by the kind of people who own $1500 handbags. The audience we are talking about drive Le Ferrari .

(No, Im not a car person, but Mr. Eye knows his cars and has spent a lifetime investing our life savings on his damn cars. Boats go down in value , no matter how collectible, cars on the other hand  )

She's a salesperson not a magnate!

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

She's a salesperson not a magnate!

Exactly. She can call my stylist. ;)

Fuck that bag is now over $2400. Ought to sell it.

18 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

I have a $1500 Ferragamo  handbag but more often stuff my sailcloth miniwallet in my jeans pocket.  Might get robbed on public transit or jacked in the Target parking lot.

So many poor people on this site. Bet you drive a volume production car as well.

I use my Hermes Birkin Himalayan to bring sunblock, shades and power bars to the boat and its large enough to stuff in my West Marine spray top as well.

NAC.....if you need a respectable bag that wont embarrass you in public and dont mind getting a used one, Sotheby's has an online auction running at the moment: https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2019/hermes-handbags-online?cmp=ppc_n10205_google_hermes_05-jun-2019&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrJ7nBRD5ARIsAATMxssFedipm7Ty7DrfBbqsWyezUHv_sIosiIJfEas50QaQTdwDvNFZNG8aAvBKEALw_wcB

Although frankly, if you are going to be in Sardinia this summer, you are better off calling your stylist because she will know whats hot and whats not.  

You cant go wrong with a Himalayan: https://janefinds.com/products/hermes-extraordinary-himalayan-nilo-crocodile-35cm-birkin-bag-limited-edition

Haha I got the bag to cheer myself up because my job was a living hell. I drive a V6 Honda.  

This is more interesting than troll fighting about past ACs ;)

Just now, NeedAClew said:

Haha I got the bag to cheer myself up because my job was a living hell. I drive a V6 Honda.  

were you a stylist? :o

3 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

This is more interesting than troll fighting about past ACs ;)

Whats a Honda? 

HAHahaha clearly I am still anonymous if you saw my style you would know it is, um, idiosyncratic.  

Honda actually engineers good engines for the rabble's use too.

52 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

Exactly the type of people I will avoid at all costs. 

50 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

Not in a long time. But Ed has gotten sneaky and is re-posting some of the worst articles in the forums.

I noticed Ed has snuck them in as click bait. 

52 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Uh, like I said some time ago SailGP is a sweet deal for those getting paid.  

Also a spectacle to watch for free until the teat dries up.  

But shit on those boats keeps breaking, what is this, IMOCA? 

Exactly, that shit just makes you a target!! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

Exactly. She can call my stylist. ;)

If I drop your name, can I get a discount?

3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

First real handbag discussion ever on SA?

It’s the new metrosexual SA. :P

I love the fact that this thread includes a non-ironic discussion about luxury hand bags - the ladies of SA certainly make this a more diverse and interesting place :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rh2600 said:

I love the fact that this thread includes a non-ironic discussion about luxury hand bags - the ladies of SA certainly make this a more diverse and interesting place :-)

What? Reducing "ladies" (really?) to handbag discussers? It's 2019...

:D

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

First real handbag discussion ever on SA?

Not quite, this little gem from one the regulars a little earlier. 

21 hours ago, Derek Grebe said:

It's amazing how Louis Vuitton can take some high quality leather, and in a secretly patented process, make it look like after-market leatherette vinyl seat covers for a 1970's Nissan Sunny...... and then sell it to daft women across the world.

Seriously 'Not Quite Right'..!

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/184857-lonqr/&page=29&tab=comments#comment-6610516

1 minute ago, Rennmaus said:

What? Reducing ladies to handbag discussers? Really, it's 2019...

Hey some us are enjoying this conversation as well. :P

Hey, it beats hearing people go on and on about NZ-smearing conspiracies.  

Learned stuff, eg Hermes makes croc skin bags that sell for half Tesla. The cheap Tesla.

But I'll bet those handbags, mine included, hold up better on average than those F50s did in SF. How many teams had something busted during races?!?  

2 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

What? Reducing "ladies" (really?) to handbag discussers? It's 2019...

I don't see men having had the conversation, there's nothing wrong with suggesting the increase of females to SA is going to increase the subject matter discussed in SA - which logically also includes subject matter not typically discussed by males.. :-)

Certainly not meaning to imply that the only topics discussed are handbags - as your own contributions have demonstrated so well over the years ;-)

4 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

Although frankly, if you are going to be in Sardinia this summer, you are better off calling your stylist because she will know whats hot and whats not.  

You cant go wrong with a Himalayan: https://janefinds.com/products/hermes-extraordinary-himalayan-nilo-crocodile-35cm-birkin-bag-limited-edition

What, fucking farmed crocodile bags for $275k.or even $550k ?

I would rather be seen in Porto Cervo with the real Jane Birkin, although probably now looking a bit tattered in her wheelchair.

Here a nice photo collage, with some sweet background music. Would have looked OK in the Aga Khan's swimming pool, I reckon.

Well at least no tits in the collage, or I'd have had to say, "See this is why we can't have nice things." :)

But really, walking into that store and buying that purse was pretty sweet indeed. I guess having a sugardaddy get it for me would be a different power trip, but getting something outrageous for myself just because I could was a rush.  And I always get treated better by snooty "hospitality industry" people with it.  They apparently add up everything $ before cracking that welcoming "smile."

As my looks go I guess I gotta accessorize lol not lol.

Is that like getting a hot car or something, guys?  

8 hours ago, mad said:

Hey some us are enjoying this conversation as well. :P

Of course, go ahead... cutie! :wub:

6 hours ago, rh2600 said:

I don't see men having had the conversation, there's nothing wrong with suggesting the increase of females to SA is going to increase the subject matter discussed in SA - which logically also includes subject matter not typically discussed by males.. :-)

Certainly not meaning to imply that the only topics discussed are handbags - as your own contributions have demonstrated so well over the years ;-)

Thumbs up.
Although the porridge thread was not bad either... back in the day, you know, girls and preparing meals... :-)

12 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

It’s La Ferrari.  So when he comes home telling you about the Le Ferrari he has been out to see... it’s probably the mistress. 

17 hours ago, rh2600 said:

RH....your irony detector must be dialed down very very low.

12 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Well at least no tits in the collage, or I'd have had to say, "See this is why we can't have nice things." :)

But really, walking into that store and buying that purse was pretty sweet indeed. I guess having a sugardaddy get it for me would be a different power trip, but getting something outrageous for myself just because I could was a rush.  And I always get treated better by snooty "hospitality industry" people with it.  They apparently add up everything $ before cracking that welcoming "smile."

As my looks go I guess I gotta accessorize lol not lol.

Is that like getting a hot car or something, guys?  

I earn the same as my sugar daddy....but he is still my Sugar Daddy.  If Mr. Eye is feeling really romantic on my birthday eye get a new set of foul weather gear or those garden shears that I have always been lusting for  :rolleyes:

My "outrageous for myself just because I could" (and Clew, you are right about that rush!) was a watch.  You know, the one with the little five pointed crown.  My sister and I, after 10 years from college to specialty, then working our butts off for 10+ years in private practice and paying off student loans  ... we decided we deserved it.  We put the watches on our wrists....and walked out of the store...with fists raised in a black panther salute. Yeah!  First kids in our family to go to college. Working our way through college and med school, evening jobs and summer jobs, moonlighting at a second job after 10 hour days in the hospital. One sister to U Penn, the other to Yale.....the hard way...nobody bribed a coach and filled out a form saying we were rowers.  Then taking out a bank loan to open an office straight out of med school...., I placed an ad in the local paper and  opened my doors on day one, with no patients, a $100,000 loan, and a 12 month lease that I could probably afford for 5 weeks. I sat in that empty waiting room for the first 8 hours , then on the second day I got two patients. After that, 5 days a week seeing patients, working in the OR and 2 days a week doing billing and records, living in a sleazy apartment and driving the proverbial 12 year old Honda until those bank loans were paid off. Yes, we deserved those watches!  

Guys spend just as much time as we do drooling over their accessories. Just different accessories. This whole website is saliva bait for men.  But in my experience,  the men who drool over boats are generally a better category than average.  Mr. Eye in particular turned out to have the right stuff.

Back on topic: I think the GP 50 series is great fun to watch.   I would like the US team to pull it together a little tighter, they are on the cusp. The incredible step up in the GBR team shows it can be done.

• Like 3

Good for you and your sister!

I was first in my family to graduate from college, too.;

Mr Clew likes to buy me jewelry, was what was "done" in his upper middle class circles when he was a kid. I now try to sub experiences. And dermal fillers, lol.

On topic: poor China team still having issues in the 32s. Hope they persevere.

Back on topic. The Australia team published first of a series of videos about boats, controls, etc. Kiwis can argue about the  mention of "ETNZ style" controls :)

On 5/24/2019 at 5:09 PM, mad said:

It’s the new metrosexual SA. :P

And only 15 years after metrosexual stopped being a thing.  Average time frame for sailors to adopt pop culture, I suppose.

• Like 1

Speaking of handbags, I have a 10' american alligator skin that i killed and tanned last year.  Anybody know someone that can do something with the fucking thing?

Ha, Japan got held back as well. 

I can see that went over well, the new handicap system. Do well, no training for you. And we're gonna change up the boat controls to make things more even.

^^^We'll soon see. There's a new company on the block now - AEW. That might test how sustainable the WWE model really is.

2 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

The American Dream's kid and dil :)

Backed by the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars and Fulham FC

15 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Speaking of handbags, I have a 10' american alligator skin that i killed and tanned last year.  Anybody know someone that can do something with the fucking thing?

Maybe not killing random animals in the first place would be a good place to start? 

Or was it self defence? You know with one of those defence rifles we here about all the time.

And on cue, let’s bring guns into the conversation. Fuck I love this place. :lol:

Well he didn’t cuddle it to death did he?

either way pointless killing it and pointless bragging that he has it laying around with no idea with what to do with it. 

19 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Wrap it around a fender, and gently tow it around an Opti camp on a 20’ filament when they’re practicing capsize recovery.

Even better, leave it in the bottom of the RIB of the worst helicopter parent at the camp. With luck they’ll shoot their own RIB to bits.:)

1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

Well he didn’t cuddle it to death did he?

either way pointless killing it and pointless bragging that he has it laying around with no idea with what to do with it. 

How do you know the background behind it being killed?  it may have been a pest, ill or injured? There isn't exactly a shortage of them in some places.