ha.  wifey would disagree. 

I'm all beef

34 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Your loss. ;)

Let's just say tastes like chicken.

And another mouth of wine flies across the room! :lol:

3 hours ago, pusslicker said:

So you're vegan?

No but don’t see the benefit in needlessly hunting unarmed animals, hey clean uses a bow, isn't he a brave boy, what does what he shoot at use? 

You know its possible to eat meat without needing to go all guns n ammo and start killing shit for fun? And no clean isn’t hunting as his sole source of meat, it’s cos he gets off doing it. Hey that’s his thing he likes it and fair play, loads do, equally loads thinks it’s grim 

As for the gators being all over peoples property, maybe don’t build shit all over their land and put food and water out (lakes, ponds pets livestock) and wonder why they multiply.

9 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

No but don’t see the benefit in needlessly hunting unarmed animals, hey clean uses a bow, isn't he a brave boy, what does what he shoot at use? 

You know its possible to eat meat without needing to go all guns n ammo and start killing shit for fun? And no clean isn’t hunting as his sole source of meat, it’s cos he gets off doing it. Hey that’s his thing he likes it and fair play, loads do, equally loads thinks it’s grim 

As for the gators being all over peoples property, maybe don’t build shit all over their land and put food and water out (lakes, ponds pets livestock) and wonder why they multiply.

Where did Clean say he did it for fun? Would you rather hear the story of a dog or kid being taken by one? 

They have no natural predator, what do expect people to do, let them takeover?  

19 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

No but don’t see the benefit in needlessly hunting unarmed animals,

Let's be fair - a 10 foot long gator is armed as fuck.  You can barely cut the hide with a sharp knife, their teeth are 3 inches long, and they can crush a car with their jaw strength.  But if you could tell me where the ones are that are also carrying rifles, I'd appreciate it.  That would be a hell of a hunt.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

It's really a surprising point of view from the chap that so robustly defended ratcliff the frack master and brexit deserter. Goes to show, never can tell. Really a missed chance to bang on about guns tho.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida/index.html

tell this kid that

4 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

How is that hamburger you eat killed? It's not defenseless? I am all for people who are vegan bagging on hunters, but how detached are you from your food that you think killing and eating an alligator is somehow barbaric while eating meat from a slaughterhouse that you bought in a store the proper way to do it. Does it have to be his whole source of meat and so what if he gets off on it. Isn't that better than what goes on in a slaughterhouse? At least with Clean the gator had a chance.

3 hours ago, pusslicker said:

How is that hamburger you eat killed? It's not defenseless? I am all for people who are vegan bagging on hunters, but how detached are you from your food that you think killing and eating an alligator is somehow barbaric while eating meat from a slaughterhouse that you bought in a store the proper way to do it. Does it have to be his whole source of meat and so what if he gets off on it. Isn't that better than what goes on in a slaughterhouse? At least with Clean the gator had a chance.

So you can’t separate animals farmed and bred for human consumption that are killed in a controlled manner 

with clean and his bow an arrow blazing away at some random animal  and if he is lucky getting a “clean kill”

sure the gator loved being dragged out the water with massive hook twice and then on the second go finally getting shot

The difference is one is farming, one is hunting. The first is governed and strictly controlled 

the second is so you can play dress up with your mates run about the hills and kill random animals with whatever new weapon you just bought for the season. Yes you get a nice little permit saying how many bear or mountain lion you can kill but it’s pretty pathetic 

clean, genuine question, what is it you enjoy about killing with a bow? Why that weapon? Why the need to hunt? 

From sailgp: a day of troubles...for team Japan.

"We had no training because of the wing, and the tech team did a great job of getting it fixed just in time, which was awesome and got us into the first race, and the second race we had issues getting the daggerboard off the lock. You would have seen every tack from starboard to port, we'd just almost capsize, so that was quite frustrating,” explained Outteridge. "We got everything fixed, and then as we went into the starting box our screen went down, so we had no software at all for the start. It kind of feels like right now we lost this one, we did everything we could to win, and it all just fell apart on Sunday."

" bred for human consumption that are killed in a controlled manner"

O how thoughtful. 

Just check out the conditions in the modern chicken / turkey / pig raising barns.  The beef situation is frequently better for the animals but not always.

Yes I eat the product of these establishments, but I would rather get meat from an animal that was harvested after something resembling a real life.    

Bottom line is that something dies to supply food to meat eaters.  People that think that the supply chain to the grocery store / restaurant is "better" than other choices are mostly uneducated about the source or in denial.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, P Flados said:

O how thoughtful. 

Just check out the conditions in the modern chicken / turkey / pig raising barns.  The beef situation is frequently better for the animals but not always.

Yes I eat the product of these establishments, but I would rather get meat from an animal that was harvested after something resembling a real life.    

Bottom line is that something dies to supply food to meat eaters.  People that think that the supply chain to the grocery store / restaurant is "better" than other choices are mostly uneducated about the source or in denial.  

New Zealand beef situation. 

B0A84B69-2417-42BF-BEDC-58B88C3687A3.jpeg

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:01 AM, dg_sailingfan said:

No, it isn't. The 1st Time LiveLine was used was in American Football & Nascar. But the Difference is that those two Sports had fixed Cameras.

AC 34 for the 1st Time used it from a Moving Platform, the Helicopter. That's incredible difficult to do.

VirtualEye or Virtual Spectator was used from a black room on land.

You are so right regarding the complexity DG. Not only did the software have to know where the subject (the boats) was on a surface - 2D -  (to2cm I believe) it also had to know where the camera was to a similar accuracy but this time in space - 3D. God knows how they managed it, I have difficulty enough sizing a photo for inclusion in a word doc.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 2:29 AM, JALhazmat said:

So you can’t separate animals farmed and bred for human consumption that are killed in a controlled manner 

You are retarded.  fuck off and die, idiot.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

You are retarded.  fuck off and die, idiot.

No, maybe and not yet. 

how about you stop being a cunt and  stop running around the woods killing stuff for fun? 

9 hours ago, P Flados said:

O how thoughtful. 

I would hazard a pretty good go that it’s better than being offed by billy bob with his bow and arrow after god knows how many attempts to hit the vitals and running off into the woods bleeding.

factory farming sucks, Hell, chlorinated chicken is a thing in the USA too apparently, which is grim, 

yes if your gonna eat meat try and do it ethically, but hunting for sport  and “fun”? Na fuck that! 

20 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

No, maybe and not yet. 

how about you stop being a cunt and  stop running around the woods killing stuff for fun? 

You just inspired me to kill extra animals this year, especially in your name.  It will be the first time in my life I choose not to eat what I kill, but instead I'll let it rot in the sun.

• Downvote 1

Your a sick fuck, glad your starting to open up finally 

and yes I know your saying it for effect but what’s the betting it ain’t that far from the truth. 

1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

and yes I know your saying it for effect but what’s the betting it ain’t that far from the truth. 

Image result for this escalated quickly gif

• Like 1

Well he didn’t suddenly think fuck it I want to start killing stuff with a bow and arrow at the age of 40? Actually he might dunno what’s worse,? it being a thing as a kid and maintaining it through adult hood or finally snapping and deciding that killing animals is just what helps him unwind after a hard day of not being a journalist 

either way you guys all seem cool with it so i will leave it  there, 

Well, back to how Russ and "the boys" are doing in LE's passion hobby...

Is excitement mounting?

19 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Well he didn’t suddenly think fuck it I want to start killing stuff with a bow and arrow at the age of 40? Actually he might dunno what’s worse,? it being a thing as a kid and maintaining it through adult hood or finally snapping and deciding that killing animals is just what helps him unwind after a hard day of not being a journalist 

either way you guys all seem cool with it so i will leave it  there, 

Your posts have been edited to remove false allegations of my childhood.  Make one more and you will get the spam hammer, where not just you and your persona but every post you ever made is removed.  

You can be as stupid as you choose to be, which is really fucking stupid, but if you make up facts about me I will end your pathetic run here quickly.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Your posts have been edited to remove false allegations of my childhood.  Make one more and you will get the spam hammer, where not just you and your persona but every post you ever made is removed.  

You can be as stupid as you choose to be, which is really fucking stupid, but if you make up facts about me I will end your pathetic run here quickly.

What a fucking unredeemable prick you are and always have been.  Fuck off and die, idiot.

• Downvote 1

How can anyone make up a fact? By definition that’s kind difficult. 

Anyway as as I said everyone is cool about the hunting thing so carry on.

where were we? F50s are shit? Larry is the anti Christ and if the kiwis were on it would be the most legit event ever? Is that more on message? 

6 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

where were we? F50s are shit? Larry is the anti Christ and if the kiwis were on it would be the most legit event ever? Is that more on message?

Uh yeah. This is the Larry and Russell folie a deux thread.

The gator dick stuff needs its own thread.

So, are we all excited for NYC?  Will the French sail a dry lap? Whose boat will suffer mysterious equipment malfunctions?  Is rationing training time to level the field legit or  not?

23 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

How can anyone make up a fact? By definition that’s kind difficult. 

Anyway as as I said everyone is cool about the hunting thing so carry on.

Throwing accusations like you did is low, very low. 

I hope for you’re sake that there’s always a supermarket selling meat neatly wrapped up for you, you’ll either be hungry or a vegetarian otherwise. 

Ever checked the background of the animal where your leather goods come from? 

34 minutes ago, ProaSailor said:

What a fucking unredeemable prick you are and always have been.  Fuck off and die, idiot.

Now that's better!  I would fall into a deep depression if I could ever be 'redeemed'.  Is that a jesus thing?

31 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Larry is the anti Christ and if the kiwis were on it would be the most legit event ever? Is that more on message? 

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, mad said:

Throwing accusations like you did is low, very low. 

I hope for you’re sake that there’s always a supermarket selling meat neatly wrapped up for you, you’ll either be hungry or a vegetarian otherwise. 

Ever checked the background of the animal where your leather goods come from? 

We have been through this already, hunting for jollies and eating meat are not the same thing, not a hard concept to grasp 

and no I don’t habitually check, because it’s a safe bet they don’t come from some guy blazing rounds off in the woods trying to hit a deer or a bear or whatever they happen to have a permit for. 

Anyway F50s.. 

43 minutes ago, ProaSailor said:

Says the insufferable prick himself. :)

11 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

We have been through this already, hunting for jollies and eating meat are not the same thing, not a hard concept to grasp 

and no I don’t habitually check, because it’s a safe bet they don’t come from some guy blazing rounds off in the woods trying to hit a deer or a bear or whatever they happen to have a permit for. 

Anyway F50s.. 

For the final time, I hunted a dangerous nuisance animal at the request of a close friend who is a working rancher, and I did it under all federal regulations and CITES conventions.  I ate it because I don't kill edible things without eating them.  I tanned the hide because it seemed silly to not use all of the animal if possible.  I made casts of the big teeth to give as gifts to southerners, because they like those things.  

For the final time, stop making shit up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Anyway F50s.. 

You might want to look into that safe bet. 

1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

Uh yeah. This is the Larry and Russell folie a deux thread.

The gator dick stuff needs its own thread.

So, are we all excited for NYC?  Will the French sail a dry lap? Whose boat will suffer mysterious equipment malfunctions?  Is rationing training time to level the field legit or  not?

Should they mandate use of new control systems or let team choose how much helm does the flying?

She throws gas on dying coals...will AC75 hit 50+ before F50?  (Anything but more gator dick fights...?)

Surely it’s team choice what controls they run, actually it was with the USA staying in twist grips on the wheel

the issue is time to learn and nailing what you prefer and makes you and your crew faster.

When’s the next F50 event? Will it have 24+ knots? If that’s before the first few weeks of water time any ac team has then it’s likely.

plus is an ac75 can do 50 it’s likely the team will keep that threshold under wraps for a little while, they have no pressure to do 50 anyway it’s only wuss gobbing  off that the F50s are sooo fast that has put a target on them 

Surely it’s team choice what controls they run, actually it was with the USA staying in twist grips on the wheel

It was in SF but who knows what rules they may impose.  Read on one of the SGP posts the new controls were to balance out teams since a couple had helms that were more experienced.  Same for who got to splash and practice first.

the issue is time to learn and nailing what you prefer and makes you and your crew faster.

When’s the next F50 event? Will it have 24+ knots? If that’s before the first few weeks of water time any ac team has then it’s likely.

Next is in 3 weeks in NYC. Only way they get 24+ is in a storm. 

plus is an ac75 can do 50 it’s likely the team will keep that threshold under wraps for a little while, they have no pressure to do 50 anyway it’s only wuss gobbing  off that the F50s are sooo fast that has put a target on them 

Maybe. But funny if the F50s never are proven the fastest. 

They never will be either, sail rocket has that title. Anyway

if they are after “fastest wing sailed hydrofoiling one design boat around a specific Race course in 12-24kts”then yeah they might do it.

but that isn’t quite as catchy? 

5 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

C'mon people!  I know things can get heated in here but let's try and keep some sense of decorum.  Please, even at your angriest, please remember the apostrophes!

7 hours ago, mad said:

Image result for this escalated quickly gif

Gee, sure am sorry I asked for a pic.

Gotta say had a gf once who only ate skinless boneless chicken cause all that other stuff made her think about the poor chicken. 

One thing is ñow clear, this thread really belongs in AC anarchy...

• Like 2

So with under 3 weeks to go until the next event in NEWYORK what will the weather be like on the Hudson River ???????

Hopefully this is in a better location and we get better weather than the west wind direction we had for the AC event. Race course was sooooo very short racing across the river in big current vs. the lovely "length of the Hudson River" the digital mockups showed. Narrow veins of big wind, and huge dead spots sailing in the wind shadow of the buildings which you can see in the second video.

The tons of people on the shore had a great view and lots of "oooos and ahhhs" but the racing was not so good for those participating......

Have they released a course diagram?

Race 3:

Race 4:

IIRC ETNZ won the one where they dragged the marker, too. 

SGP published the course in the website. Can't  cut and paste on this device, sorry.

Does the wind wrap around and up the Hudson? So many skyscrapers on both sides.

In other news, LE seems to be having some more corporate excitement this month, my Redwood City contacts say he is no longer up to changing things up much there. Just rumor, no linky. Dunno if they are right. Wonder if he goes to NYC to see the drift match?

Something popped up in my news feed so I scrounged around and found this.

https://www.sportcal.com/News/Search/126209

And this.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2019/06/03/People-and-Pop-Culture/Execs.aspx

Both are behind paywalls maybe someone can read them but apparently from the first sentences of each I glean that SailGP has hired Harvey Schiller as manager and Tim Godfrey ex  ITN TV guy as CMO (chief marketing off, I think).

Edit:

Found better story no paywall. Schiller is "adviser" in it 

https://www.sportindustry.biz/news/industry-shorts-sailgp-wolves-stevenage-fc

10 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Found better story no paywall. Schiller is "adviser" in it 

https://www.sportindustry.biz/news/industry-shorts-sailgp-wolves-stevenage

The article describes Schiller's great career, but does not mention his brief tenure as "Commissioner" of ACEA.

My guess is that Coutts told him to dish the Auckland event, and that later Schiller was made the fall guy, as his signature was on the contract. It's now payback time for him not fighting his dismissal and keeping his mouth shut.

• Like 3

Took them a while to get him on the payroll though. The TV guy seems to be experienced in signing up sponsors and such. Maybe the light is dawning that things are lagging a bit wrt "sustainability" and the commercial path toward future non LE franchise owners?  

Maybe RC read the forum threads and caption contest and realized the money is NOT escrowed for the next 3-4 years?

6 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

The article describes Schiller's great career, but does not mention his brief tenure as "Commissioner" of ACEA.

My guess is that Coutts told him to dish the Auckland event, and that later Schiller was made the fall guy, as his signature was on the contract. It's now payback time for him not fighting his dismissal and keeping his mouth shut.

Yup.

And someone wOke up one morning and       " hey wuss, we said give it a couple months and see how those numbers are going. wtf". "I gotta great idea boss, remember that commandant who did that good work for us last time"?

And he'll be a great guy to dump a half year before the end, he falls like a tree.

Another story about the new hires and the rapid growth and maturation of SailGP and how it is consumed internationally. Those are words in the article, not mine.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/sailgp-brings-in-schiller-to-drive-future-development/

Apparently they realized whatever they were doing to monetize was not enough?

In other possibly related news, LE bent the knee to Microsoft and apparently hopes Azure becomes Oracle Cloud 3.0 so the database biz prospers.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-05/oracle-s-alliance-with-microsoft-halts-dead-end-cloud-strategy

On 6/1/2019 at 12:56 AM, NeedAClew said:

Is rationing training time to level the field legit or  not?

Dunno about "legit", but it's dumb. It's just trying to drag everyone down to the same performance as the worst team. Why not have a handicap system with time penalties at the start? That would help all boats to keep improving without having one runaway winner in every race. It would also generate a lot more interest seeing the back–markers trying to run down the leaders.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RobG said:

Dunno about "legit", but it's dumb. It's just trying to drag everyone down to the same performance as the worst team. Why not have a handicap system with time penalties at the start? That would help all boats to keep improving without having one runaway winner in every race. It would also generate a lot more interest seeing the back–markers trying to run down the leaders.

Good call. I said from the get go that training was to be the Achilles heel of the show, I never figured on such a novel solution: give the really good players no training. Saves boat wear ( didn't really help NO), shorecrew time for launch, recovery,  boat sitting...and best of all leaves the guns really feeling good about the show. Genius.

This topic should be struck from this forum. This is the SAAC not, some fanciful place where we celebrate billionaire sycophant wankers why cry like little bitches when they lose a few races and start something else up to satisfy some deep seated mommy issues.

The GP series is nothing short of lame.

I really like this topic. Clean stating his preference for Dick while the page loads cracks me up.

But OT, 12 days to NY. I guess everyone but oz and Nathan will be practicing soon. I hope they change up the controls again for added handicap. A quick look at the forecast shows it being very driftable.

Any SA spies on the ground?

@craigj posted the race course above, thanks again

The other map shows the "technical area" and "broadcast center" over in New Jersey.   I think it's a ferry ride away but have not done that.  So spies can cover two states lol.  I think it should be possible to see training there but I also think there are ferries and sightseeing boats to watch them dodge.  

NewYork_RaceMap_040619B.png

Is´nt that strip for "emergency plane landing" or had that been elsewhere?

• Like 1

Sailgp ANNOUNCES BERMUDA TOURISM AUTHORITY AS OFFICIAL EVENT PARTNER FOR FIRST NEW YORK SAILGP, JUNE 21-22

8 JUNE 2019
With two weeks to go until the third event in the inaugural calendar, SailGP has announced an exciting collaboration with Bermuda Tourism Authority as an Official Event Partner for New York SailGP.

Taking place on June 21 and 22 from 5 to 6:30 p.m., SailGP will bring the world’s fastest sail racing to the East Coast, with Brookfield Place in Battery Park City serving as the hub of spectator activity. Six national teams will compete in New York City on the Hudson River, just off the Battery and north toward Rockefeller Park, with Ellis Island and Manhattan’s iconic skyline serving as a stunning backdrop.

“Aligning with SailGP in New York City makes perfect sense. Not only is the island just a 90-minute non-stop flight from New York City, but it is our top feeder market,” said Bermuda Tourism Authority CEO Kevin Dallas. “Bermuda has long been a top destination for sailing and luxury. As such, many of SailGP’s athletes are familiar with Bermuda’s turquoise waters. Ideal weather conditions, gorgeous waters, deep connections with the international sailing community and host to major sailing events go well together with island life.”

SailGP is equally committed to hosting world-class events as well as looking to build the next generation of sailing enthusiasts. During the two-day event, Bermuda will present an immersive activation space in the New York SailGP Race Village, which will be the best place for fans to experience the thrilling racing excitement onshore. Located at Brookfield Place in Battery Park City, this free-to-the-public event will be the hub for all activity over the race period, offering access to big screens showing live race coverage and commentary, concessions, the official merchandise shop, the awards ceremony, and other athlete appearances and activities.

For those who are watching from home, global race coverage spans 91 countries across five continents and is also available via the innovative SailGP APP and social channels. A full list of viewing options can be found here. Bermuda will be visible during the global broadcast via on-course brand signage, along with TV advertising spots. In addition, all six boats will feature Bermuda branding on both sides of the wing mast.

“We are excited to add the Bermuda Tourism Authority to our partner roster for New York SailGP,” said SailGP CEO Russell Coutts. “I’ve been going to Bermuda since 1989 and have gotten to know the island and the Bermuda spirit well. It’s a beautiful island, a brilliant sailing venue and a fabulous getaway for New Yorkers. New York is shaping up to be an event that fans won’t want to miss, whether they are enjoying it from the Race Village on the shore or from one of the ticketed on-water experiences. We are hoping that fans will turn out to support their home team and witness something that’s never been seen before in New York City.”

Copied from the sail gp app, was big pain.

Anyway, pretty interesting to get another donation from bda, didn't see that coming.

What suckers. I am sure the on-water viewing vendors with the $$ tickets are excited to hear that RC and the morons think the free village is the best place to watch.   

Uh, product cannibalization is apparently not just an Oracle habit bwahaha

2 hours ago, barfy said:

said SailGP CEO Russell Coutts. “I’ve been going to Bermuda since 1989 and have gotten to know the island and the Bermuda spirit well. It’s a beautiful island, a brilliant sailing venue and a fabulous getaway for New Yorkers

Had to laugh at this line. No mention of an AC campaign, classic.

https://sailgp.com/news/bermuda-tourism-authority-event-partner/

The NATIONAL teams all have BERMUDA (a country) branding on both sides of the wings?  This kinda underscores what a farce the whole SGP premise is. It is the WWE with less colorful characters.

I am actually beginning to wonder whether RC actually ever understood the magnitude of what he was doing having the2017  "US" defense in Bermuda. 

• Like 1

RC appears to have built the human centipede of sports sponsorship deals

giphy.gif

Good bit of fun. Had subtitle on, just about stacked laughing.

So two old videos released one week out.glad the new marketing dude is settling in.

2 hours ago, barfy said:

Good bit of fun. Had subtitle on, just about stacked laughing.

So two old videos released one week out.glad the new marketing dude is settling in.

These guys don't even know their grinders' names...

I think it's exactly what's required. Typical punters have no idea what's going on, so don't even try to tell the story. Leave that to the commentators on the day.

Promos just need lots of colour and movement. :-)

57 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

The Extreme Sailing Series is now officially DEAD and I mentioned that months ago. Of Course our SA Clowns barfy, rh2600 and Forourselves wouldn't believe me

https://www.sail-world.com/news/218555/Closure-of-Extreme-Sailing-Series

Kind of an irony that I have been right on a lot of things these Days.

Like Bermuda being the site of AC racing, I've not yet seen any evidence that these series are anything but a "non-profit charity donation" to avoid some tax liabilities. Sure it gives some folks much needed jobs - but there never seems to be any market/intention to create profitable media coverage.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 5:19 PM, NeedAClew said:

https://sailgp.com/news/bermuda-tourism-authority-event-partner/

The NATIONAL teams all have BERMUDA (a country) branding on both sides of the wings?  This kinda underscores what a farce the whole SGP premise is. It is the WWE with less colorful characters.

I am actually beginning to wonder whether RC actually ever understood the magnitude of what he was doing having the2017  "US" defense in Bermuda. 

I don't think the WWE, model quite fits here, to be honest I cannot understand why it's even still a thing, I thought "Pro Wrestling" was cool, when I was 14, now that I'm 59 the only way I could watch something like that would be to stream it backwards (& I would die laughing!)

A better comparison is Indy car VS F1, spec series with one, maybe 2 chassis designers & 2 engines VS build your own car & 4 engine suppliers to choose from (& way more when I started watching in the early 90s), to gauge my interest level the only Indy car I ever watch these days is the 500, mostly to see the big wrecks.

On the other hand I'll drag my ass out of bed at 5 AM on the weekends to watch F1 quali & the race.  

Unfortunately SGP is beginning to feel a bit "Indy car" to me. 

2 hours ago, animeproblem said:

Hot damn, give russel a donut, his clever plan for world domination is well on the way.

No slight to you almond eyes.

But still no news on the failgp app in 5 days. One week out. (Sound of crickets).

I really do hope they get some wind tho.

10 hours ago, animeproblem said:

I don't think the WWE, model quite fits here, to be honest I cannot understand why it's even still a thing, I thought "Pro Wrestling" was cool, when I was 14, now that I'm 59 the only way I could watch something like that would be to stream it backwards (& I would die laughing!)

A better comparison is Indy car VS F1, spec series with one, maybe 2 chassis designers & 2 engines VS build your own car & 4 engine suppliers to choose from (& way more when I started watching in the early 90s), to gauge my interest level the only Indy car I ever watch these days is the 500, mostly to see the big wrecks.

On the other hand I'll drag my ass out of bed at 5 AM on the weekends to watch F1 quali & the race.  

I am not a car fan, so defer to you and those who are. I also am amazed WWE still is making money but goes to show something.

8 hours ago, barfy said:

But still no news on the failgp app in 5 days. One week out. (Sound of crickets).

I really do hope they get some wind tho.

Yeah, they said there would be more info about the race village, etc. Nada.  And no cheery photos of boats and setup. Social media just replaying clips from other venues. 

Be nice if they got wind and sunny skies.  Anyone going?  Report, please!

In other news, LE is supposedly juggling childcare with 3 days a week in the office to resurrect Oracle Cloud.  Gee. Does this mean he has to watch on the app?  

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/larry-ellison-returns-to-war-and-diaper-changing

On 6/13/2019 at 11:01 AM, Miffy said:

Like Bermuda being the site of AC racing, 

I'd be shocked if Russell didn't hook them up with the free (to him) advertising to make up for the ass raping they took last time around.  Maybe part of a settlement?

3 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I'd be shocked if Russell didn't hook them up with the free (to him) advertising to make up for the ass raping they took last time around.  Maybe part of a settlement?

There's little doubt that SailGP (like any property) would benefit greatly from an exciting case study to show to other potential sponsors. I'm sure you know precisely the type of show reel that would be cut. Exiting electronic music, sweeping cuts of boats splashing through the water, interstitials showing figures for audience reach, media value dollars etc, cut back to cheering crowds etc etc...

Rich smiling beautiful people (well, rich = beautiful, right) carrying luxury goods walking on pink beaches toasting each other whilst wearing SailGP white caps...

Maybe can deepfake old AC video of Bermuda to splice in.

Question is the music. Has Bermuda gone all strobe cuts and whatever they play in SGP videos?

Ha, speaking of branding I laugh every time I open the failgp app and am presented with the splash screen of an f50 breaching skyward, we see that every time the turbo kicks in on these re imagined turbo charged boats reachIng for the first mark. Yeah right.

Screenshot_20190614-133136_SailGP.jpg

Sail gp work out

Posted 14 hours ago, 149 views. Great lead up building anticipation 6 days out.

Not being pessimistic, but is it even gonna happen? Anyone seen a base? Gotta be on the water in a couple days you would think, gotta be bolting those babies together right now. 

WTF over?

On 6/14/2019 at 6:37 PM, barfy said:

Well, the big news on the failgp app was:

WELCOME TO NEW YORK SAILGP

GO TO BERMUDA !   :rolleyes:

https://www.gotobermuda.com/

7 hours ago, barfy said:

Sail gp work out

Posted 14 hours ago, 149 views. Great lead up building anticipation 6 days out.

Not being pessimistic, but is it even gonna happen? Anyone seen a base? Gotta be on the water in a couple days you would think, gotta be bolting those babies together right now. 

WTF over?

Ok maybe someone can explain to me why team fitness attracts viewers to a regatta? I don't think they have cougar meet and greets  so no joy for me there. Maybe skimpier garb in the fitness videos and I could watch them with sound off...but that would not get me watching the races...?   

1 hour ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Well, the big news on the failgp app was:

WELCOME TO NEW YORK SAILGP

GO TO BERMUDA !   :rolleyes:

https://www.gotobermuda.com/

Indeed!  But what happened to the link to LV?  Weren't there other sponsors? Rolex? Used to see those.

3 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Ok maybe someone can explain to me why team fitness attracts viewers to a regatta? I don't think they have cougar meet and greets  so no joy for me there. Maybe skimpier garb in the fitness videos and I could watch them with sound off...but that would not get me watching the races...?   

Bold: does it?