Sign in to follow this  
Mid

India: ‘Cow vigilantes’

India: ‘Cow vigilantes’ get life in prison for murder of Muslim man

shutterstock_565951495-940x580.jpg.5b8ad6381e6b3b4a8df47eb7b5013f7e.jpg

'Cow vigilante' attacks have increased in India in the last couple of years. Source: LenaVolkova/Shutterstock

AN Indian court sentenced 11 so-called “cow vigilantes” to life imprisonment on Wednesday for lynching a Muslim trader they suspected of transporting beef.

The ruling in the state of Jharkhand is the first instance of conviction and sentencing in a case of cow vigilantism, according to The New Indian Express.

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2018/03/india-cow-vigilantes-get-life-in-prison-for-murder-of-muslim-man/

mmmm, T bone steaks

ohh and veal cutlets.......

Herd Mentality

I've heard of that.... Perhaps it was just  cow-incidents....

I've heard of that.... Perhaps it was just  cow-incidents....

Maybe you were steered toward that 

I don't think Chuck should stew on it any longer......

The vigilantism is political in nature instigated by the right wing particularly against muslims. India was partitioned on the basis of religion and the hinduvata parties still stroke the embers to a flame now and then. Some of the mullahs in muslim dominated areas do their bit too. Often the media is censored and internet access cut in the areas where communal violence breaks out but eventually word gets out.

Most people recognise the incidents for what they are but barely concealed caste and religion based resentment is ever present just waiting for an opportunity. The politicos instigate and a mob forms and runs rampage. 

Technology i.e. fear of being caught on a phone camera and prosecuted  has cut down the vicious rhetoric and violence but political support and corrupt law still lets most but the egregious get away.

There are literally different Indias in India, just a few hours from Delhi in a village the life is unrecognizable and laws what the elders deem. Though the country is being yanked into modernity by tech, media and money it will still take a couple of generations. 

Bunch of cowards....

The vigilantism is political in nature instigated by the right wing

Just out of curiosity - is there any shit negative, backward political activity that isn't instigated by the right wing?

Anywhere?

Just out of curiosity - is there any shit negative, backward political activity that isn't instigated by the right wing?

Anywhere?

Hell yeah! Look at all the central and south American  revolutionaries, The Sandanistas, The Castros, The Bishops. Look at Pol Pot, and the Khmer Rouge, the Maoists.....

These wuld all be labeled "Leftist".

They might be labelled that but they are all murderous fascist dictators - right wingers in other words.

The vigilantism is political in nature instigated by the right wing particularly against muslims. India was partitioned on the basis of religion and the hinduvata parties still stroke the embers to a flame now and then. Some of the mullahs in muslim dominated areas do their bit too. Often the media is censored and internet access cut in the areas where communal violence breaks out but eventually word gets out.

Most people recognise the incidents for what they are but barely concealed caste and religion based resentment is ever present just waiting for an opportunity. The politicos instigate and a mob forms and runs rampage. 

Technology i.e. fear of being caught on a phone camera and prosecuted  has cut down the vicious rhetoric and violence but political support and corrupt law still lets most but the egregious get away.

There are literally different Indias in India, just a few hours from Delhi in a village the life is unrecognizable and laws what the elders deem. Though the country is being yanked into modernity by tech, media and money it will still take a couple of generations. 

So people who sell beef have to "ahem" Hide. 

So people who sell beef have to "ahem" Hide. 

Either that, or they have to hoof it to a non Hindu province in udder secrecy.

I prefer broiled.

open mic night :P

open mic night :P

You got a beef with that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

You really want to know about Trump's dick don't you?

Actually  yeah. And I'm pretty sure he would show it to me. I mean, he's not shy is he?

I can wait till you're finished. Or perhaps more accurately, he's  finished.

4 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

You really want to know about Trump's dick don't you?

I am sure it's a short story.