• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Seriously, these guys should have known better. They are racing on the world stage. Along with the salary, comes responsibility. It goes beyond what the victim feels about the incident. It's the worldwide broadcast of this idiotic behavior, which in turn sheds a bad light on all sailors out there. Sailing is already perceived as a male dominated sport for the wealthy. the sports and sponsors don't need this darkages behavior being made light of. $40 000 is the cost of being an insensitive prick. He should have known better. Let him negotiate that issue with his team. I'm not going to loose any sleep over that idiot.  

• Like 1

I am a lawyer and I think this was a complete waste of time. The management consultants might earn a fee advising SHK on their PR processes but any semi-competent lawyer would have taken one look at that video and told the plaintiff "There is no case here"

Im no fan of Witt but I do agree with his lawyer when they said "I have no idea what we are even doing here"

I find it a bit sanctimonious of Brian Handjob to pontificate about how inappropriate the case was, while at the same time give himself a pat on the back for bringing  it to everyone's attention. Handjob's verbose and meandering front page articles are enough to make me miss Clean! At least Clean was entertaining.

• Like 1

Ugh!

This is highly dependent on cultural norms and apparently those norms differ dramatically between the USA and Australia. The feminist agenda and the liberal agenda in general have been coming down hard against this sort of sexist behavior in the USA. Laws have been enacted and cases tried. LB 15 got pretty worked up about that.

As a lawyer I am again embarrassed and as a sailor I am again  embarrassed 

Regardless of the right vs wrong here.. What exactly is the 'suit' against? Is he suing the RC for 'wrongfully penalizing'? Is this like an America's Cup case where he's going to get a civilian court to try to interpret the rules of racing to have the infraction over turned? Or is he defending against monetary losses? Just don't understand what the lawyer is actually for....

So, were the protest committee all lawyered up and everything or was it only Mr Witt? In other words did he choose to bring a gun to a handbag fight?  I suppose we've all got the right to spend $40,000 in paying lawyers to attend every misconduct hearing we might be involved in if we so desire, and it would probably be wrong to prohibit it. 

Timing...

"Robin Williams’ Mork & Mindy costar Pam Dawber is opening up about her complicated on-set relationship with the late comedian.

In a new book about the actor’s life titled Robin, the former actress, 66, said Williams was “such a nice person” who had a “gigantic heart,” according to excerpts obtained by The Daily Mail.

“I really loved Robin and Robin really loved me. We just clicked,” she reportedly said in the upcoming biography.

However, Dawber also opened up about Williams’ alleged sexual behavior on the show, which helped skyrocket the actor to fame. “I had the grossest things done to me by him. And I never took offense,” she reportedly said. “I mean I was flashed, humped, bumped, grabbed. I think he probably did it to a lot of people … but it was so much fun.”

Dawber added, “Somehow he had that magic. If you put it on paper you would be appalled. But somehow he had this guileless little thing that he would do – those sparkly eyes. He’d look at you, really playful, like a puppy, all of a sudden. And then he’d grab your tits and then run away. And somehow he could get away with it. It was the Seventies, after all.”

• Like 2

That's got nothing!

At the Lota Fishing and Fighting Club, all the legal fees arising from the Rumble in Rocky will go well north of AUD $250k and even AUD $500k by the end I would be betting.

has anyone heard from Annemieke Bes? Where does she stand on how she was treated?

has anyone heard from Annemieke Bes? Where does she stand on how she was treated?

on the dock.

talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

i mean i can understand that she got mad & felt disrespected, wanting only to be taken seriously

but i'll bet the guys on that boat give each other much worse than that all the time

should have waited until the ringleader was asleep and then posed him with a dildo in his mouth.

that'll learn ya! karma's a bitch

So, were the protest committee all lawyered up and everything or was it only Mr Witt? In other words did he choose to bring a gun to a handbag fight?  I suppose we've all got the right to spend $40,000 in paying lawyers to attend every misconduct hearing we might be involved in if we so desire, and it would probably be wrong to prohibit it. 

Witty makes his living as a pro sailer. A rule 69 against him could leave him unemployed. If I was in his spot, I’d have a lawyer too. 

on the dock.

talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

i mean i can understand that she got mad & felt disrespected, wanting only to be taken seriously

but i'll bet the guys on that boat give each other much worse than that all the time

should have waited until the ringleader was asleep and then posed him with a dildo in his mouth.

that'll learn ya! karma's a bitch

Thing is.............these guys are professional sailors and brand ambassadors. As not fun as that sounds, their sponsor is likely not paying for them to act like sailors in public and really doesn't want their name associated with dildo antics :rolleyes:

As for the girl, being the only girl on a boat having all the guys team up on her in public - likely not a fun day.

This is old news - this case was 4 stops ago but much of Brian's writing is historical. The point where Brian's piece went adrift with his argument was questioning whether Annemieke was upset or otherwise.

For the record - and according to the RRS - Rule 69 is not about sexual harassment, it is about bringing the sport into disrepute and the clever female lawyer - I've never met a lady lawyer ;-) - used the a good old fashioned lawyer's/magician's trick of distraction. The case wasn't whether a crewmember was offended but whether people who viewed the video were offended (off the boat).

Whether her family were offended or not was not pertain to the case as people have hugely varying thresholds of offence but she was clever.

Even some of the comments above show a clear lack of understanding of Rule 69. It covers "conduct that is a breach of good manners" and "conduct that may bring the sport into disrepute"  and a protest committee acts "from information received from any source".

Perhaps at some point World Sailing needs to review how an accusation of a Rule 69 breach is handled because, for the accused to feel so threatened that they feel they have to run up a USD40,000 legal bill to defend themselves is beyond the pale.

I am a great believer in what happens on a boat stays on the boat. Call your genoa trimmer a stupid c**t is fine but walk up to an opposing helmsman in the bar after a race, finger jab them and call them f***ing aggressive is out of order. unfortunately when it is on video and broadcast to the world it has clearly come off the boat.

I have spoken with David (Witt) about this 'affair' - face to face mind you. Well actually more nose to nose. We'd both had a few at a crew party (and it was frank but friendly). He invited me to watch the video again (I'd advise people to do the same) and sure enough, at key points in the footage the action jumps, there are clearly some elements which for someone's idea of dramatic effect - have been edited out. The video in its entirety has a completely different impact. Don't know who did that, I didn't ask.

Did the video offend? Clearly it offended some. Was it a deliberate attempt to offend? Well even though it starts with the statement it will offend, it was perhaps little more than schoolboy humour.  Perhaps sailors need to be a bit more careful in the future and perhaps viewers need to be a bit more tolerant also.

But 40 grand to defend your sense of humour? 

SS

Port Phillip Sailor

Is that a swastika on your Profile photo?!

image.png.29633699dceac7cd2784db660fd11fad.png

WTF?

The pic is about 1909. LONG before it was the swastika you know of. It is also a Hindu insignia from several centuries ago. Nothing to do with Germany.

Sail insignia instead of numbers has been a thing in Australia since the 1800s. and still is.

Surely you don't think anybody would use it these days (except in America where people do use it now)

But 40 grand to defend your sense of humour? 

SS

He didn't want to follow in the footsteps of Dirk de Ridder, that is why he lawyered up.  If read the comments at the bottom of the Sail-World story you will see Mattie Mitchell says he wishes now that he had done the same as Witt.

If you read the Sail-World.com story properly, you will see that the Witt and Hayles did not produce the video and they were surprised as to how the finished video had been edited together.

Absolute nonsense. You PC merchants should get a life. Haven't you ever been on a crew and heard of camaradie. We have a couple of female crew and that's what we all are. Crew. No sexes and everyone joins in the swearing and dirty jokes. Guess what. We've all sailed together for many years and have fun. It's the sickly white PC liberals causing all this and probably rank 5%  or less but get publicity from their ilk who control media.

• Like 1

The pic is about 1909. LONG before it was the swastika you know of. It is also a Hindu insignia from several centuries ago. Nothing to do with Germany.

Sail insignia instead of numbers has been a thing in Australia since the 1800s. and still is.

Surely you don't think anybody would use it these days (except in America where people do use it now)

I suppose it depends on what you consider a Hindu symbol.

This: image.png.fe0e36439b11567e7fa95d4857fb638d.png or this:image.png.6c225e3c3f04537f3765a980f3b79c6f.png

This is a swastika of the former Third Reich: image.png.7400717004924cffbe393dceb3c9fd4b.pngAs displayed on your profile photo. I suppose it depends on which side of the sail you are observing.

It doesn't really matter whether the photo was taken in 1909, it's still bizarre that you would choose to feature a photo with that symbol as your profile photo. I'm certain there are other historical sailing photos without a swastika. 

What is the significance of that particular photo? What sailing class does that sail logo represent?

As to your dig about the people in the US using the swastika...sure we have some nazi and wannabe nazi asshats here. the problem isn't exclusive to this country, it seems to be worldwide. You probably have a few in your neighborhood as well.

• Like 3

As for the girl, being the only girl on a boat having all the guys team up on her in public - likely not a fun day.

Indeed, likely not a fun day. So it has cost Witt $40K to learn he is living in 2018. He is a professional sailor and his job is to provide positive PR for his sponsor. I can't say I have much sympathy.

The significance of that pic is that is a 1909 18 footer with a mass of sail. The insignia has no significance when the pic was taken - other than an ancient Hindu symbol. I wanted to use an old 18 pic and that was the clearest of the few I had.

If you don't like the swastika on an historic boat - or anywhere, I suggest you start at your own US Air Force Museum that has on display several WW2 German aircraft displaying the swastika. See if you can get them to scrap the aircraft or paint out the swastika because you don't like it.

Clean up your own back yard first!

A couple of pics of aircraft at the US Air Force Museum......

us airforce museum 1.JPG

us airforce museum.JPG

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, robberzdog said:

He didn't want to follow in the footsteps of Dirk de Ridder, that is why he lawyered up.  If read the comments at the bottom of the Sail-World story you will see Mattie Mitchell says he wishes now that he had done the same as Witt.

If you read the Sail-World.com story properly, you will see that the Witt and Hayles did not produce the video and they were surprised as to how the finished video had been edited together.

Haven't read the sail-world story and don't need to as David Witt told me himself - that's good enough for me.

SS

19 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

The significance of that pic is that is a 1909 18 footer with a mass of sail. The insignia has no significance when the pic was taken - other than an ancient Hindu symbol. I wanted to use an old 18 pic and that was the clearest of the few I had.

If you don't like the swastika on an historic boat - or anywhere, I suggest you start at your own US Air Force Museum that has on display several WW2 German aircraft displaying the swastika. See if you can get them to scrap the aircraft or paint out the swastika because you don't like it.

missing_the_point_SA.png

• Like 9

Witty's mind fuck was not understanding that what is ok on the boat is not always ok on the internet.  Simple as that.

Hard lesson but it was overdue.

Edit: Like SA thinks it is funni to post nudes on the FP and have SCOTW.  I like nudes but not on the FP where rich old white cunts get a twinge in the head of their aging dicks that they can do nothing about.  Even Witty understands context now.

There are multiple issues here, the least of which is a sophomoric video.

The core problem is the rule.  We are now into having World Sailing being the morality police.

When it was proposed, I said that removing "gross" from "gross misconduct" was going to put us in exactly this position.  Witt just happened to be the first test case.  Defining "gross misconduct" at least some sort of generally understood standard.  Having just "misconduct" has opened the pandora's box to just about anyone with a different opinion or belief being able to do exactly as this twat did who complained in the first place.

It is utterly absurd that someone literally half a world a way can watch a video, complain, and set the wheels in motion for a hearing that results in a determination about employment conduct and the potential resultant loss of employment especially without full consideration for all sorts of employment law issues.

Based on the history of AC 34, Witt had no choice but to lawyer up.  The way certain members of World Sailing twist the rules and regulations in their favor to then screw sailors is provable, and Doerr was involved in both AC 34 and this case, as well as drafting all these stupid Disciplinary rules and commissions.

The video was just lame.  I didn't find it funny or entertaining, but it certainly didn't rise to the height of bringing the sport into disrepute.

What does rise to the height of bringing the sport into disrepute is simply having a rule that allowed this sort of hearing to even take place.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PeterHuston said:

What does rise to the height of bringing the sport into disrepute is simply having a rule that allowed this sort of hearing to even take place.

Sp you think it is ok for a sport to be cool with actions that bring it into disrepute?

Witty got it wrong, he had no fucking idea about context and paid the price.

7 hours ago, familysailor said:

As to your dig about the people in the US using the swastika...sure we have some nazi and wannabe nazi asshats here. the problem isn't exclusive to this country, it seems to be worldwide. You probably have a few in your neighborhood as well.

Disgusting 

'White Australia exists inside the Liberal Party': Greens senator likens Peter Dutton's support for South African farmers to 'neo-Nazis and white supremacists'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5524989/Greens-senator-likens-Peter-Dutton-neo-Nazi-white-farmers.html#ixzz5AfppNVlG 

this is what it takes for the clueless morons to get a clue....otherwise they remain clueless...

and. a lawyer gets to earn a living and then gets to sail on a nicer boat than the clueless morons

makin amerika great!

3 hours ago, VWAP said:

Disgusting 

'White Australia exists inside the Liberal Party': Greens senator likens Peter Dutton's support for South African farmers to 'neo-Nazis and white supremacists'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5524989/Greens-senator-likens-Peter-Dutton-neo-Nazi-white-farmers.html#ixzz5AfppNVlG 

I remind you of Charlotesville - MORON. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/local/charlottesville-timeline/

and the Greens senator is a nutcase - just like you.

Neo Nazi in US.jpg

That PC crap is a fiction and invention of the US Reich . . the politics of the hissy fit. 

while they whine about not being allowed to be rude, watch what 

they do when other folks refuse to stand up for the torture state. 

11 hours ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

us airforce museum 1.JPG

us airforce museum.JPG

You still chose to display a photo with a swastika clearly displayed. You must know that's offensive to most people.

I've spent 15 minutes or so looking for photos of early 20th century 18 foot skiff photos. I was surprised at the quantity and quality. None I found featured your photo with swastika. I suppose that would require a more determined search...

As to the photos above; interesting to those who are curious about historically correct WW2 planes. You need to go looking for them either on the internet or visit one of the museums that house them.

My backyard is fine as it is. Freedom of speech allows even the most offensive dolts to express themselves. At least when they do you know exactly who you're dealing with...

Freedom of speech also allows me to express my opinions. I find your deliberate display of a swastika offensive. The fact that it's on a skiff from 1909 doesn't make the posting of the symbol any less offensive. It seems to be deliberate, as there are several other Skiff photos available for fans to post easily. I believe you fall in the category of "Deliberately Offensive Dolt" based on this string of comments and your other posts throughout the forum.

This thread drift is unfortunate and I apologize to those distracted by my tirade. Definitely SA material, but I never visit that particular swamp.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, familysailor said:

You still chose to display a photo with a swastika clearly displayed. You must know that's offensive to most people.

I've spent 15 minutes or so looking for photos of early 20th century 18 foot skiff photos. I was surprised at the quantity and quality. None I found featured your photo with swastika. I suppose that would require a more determined search...

As to the photos above; interesting to those who are curious about historically correct WW2 planes. You need to go looking for them either on the internet or visit one of the museums that house them.

My backyard is fine as it is. Freedom of speech allows even the most offensive dolts to express themselves. At least when they do you know exactly who you're dealing with...

Freedom of speech also allows me to express my opinions. I find your deliberate display of a swastika offensive. The fact that it's on a skiff from 1909 doesn't make the posting of the symbol any less offensive. It seems to be deliberate, as there are several other Skiff photos available for fans to post easily. I believe you fall in the category of "Deliberately Offensive Dolt" based on this string of comments and your other posts throughout the forum.

This thread drift is unfortunate and I apologize to those distracted by my tirade. Definitely SA material, but I never visit that particular swamp.

We know you meant to type "PA" there......

5 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

We know you meant to type "PA" there......

Oh...Right. Have gas lately...results in the occasional brain fart.

Edit: Too late to edit the earlier post.

8 minutes ago, familysailor said:

Oh...Right. Have gas lately...results in the occasional brain fart.

Edit: Too late to edit the earlier post.

With our ill spent time here over on PA, we all suffer from brain fart gas!!!

54 minutes ago, familysailor said:

Only in your ignorant, insular f#ched up little world.

The swastika (as a character 卐 or 卍) is an ancient religious icon used in the Indian subcontinent, East Asia and Southeast Asia, where it has been and remains a sacred symbol of spiritual principles in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.[1][2][3][4]

The name swastika comes from Sanskrit (Devanagari: स्वस्तिक), and denotes "conducive to well being or auspicious".[5][6] In Hinduism, the clockwise symbol is called swastika symbolizing surya (sun), prosperity, and good luck, while the counterclockwise symbol is called sauvastika symbolizing night or tantric aspects of Kali.[6] In Jainism, a swastika is the symbol for Suparshvanatha – the 7th of 24 Tirthankaras (spiritual teachers and saviours), while in Buddhism it symbolizes the auspicious footprints of the Buddha.[6][7][8]

For the Hindus and Buddhists in India and other Asian countries, the swastika was an important symbol for many thousands of years and, to this day, the symbol can still be seen in abundance - on temples, buses, taxis, and on the cover of books. It was also used in Ancient Greece and can be found in the remains of the ancient city of Troy, which existed 4,000 years ago. The ancient Druids and the Celts also used the symbol, reflected in many artefacts that have been discovered. It was used by Nordic tribes and even early Christians used the Swastika as one of their symbols, including the Teutonic Knights, a German medieval military order, which became a purely religious Catholic Order.

I HOPE YOU ARE NOT CATHOLIC THEN.

THE SHAME....

Edited by overlay
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, familysailor said:

You are very much a do as I say man - not a do as I do. More PC crap!

You precious freedom of speech does not mean freedom to bully other people into your point of view.

Are you going to take on the Hindu religion next? Or do you pretend that their use of the ancient symbol does not exist.

CLEAN UP YOUR OWN BACK YARD FIRST, TROLL.

ps. Funny thing is that a couple of days ago I found another pic (non sailing) that I was going to use as an avatar. After your PC tirade I will keep what I have just to get up YOUR nose.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

You are very much a do as I say man - not a do as I do. More PC crap!

You precious freedom of speech does not mean freedom to bully other people into your point of view.

Are you going to take on the Hindu religion next? Or do you pretend that their use of the ancient symbol does not exist.

CLEAN UP YOUR OWN BACK YARD FIRST, TROLL.

ps. Funny thing is that a couple of days ago I found another pic (non sailing) that I was going to use as an avatar. After your PC tirade I will keep what I have just to get up YOUR nose.

59 minutes ago, overlay said:

Only in your ignorant, insular f#ched up little world.

The swastika (as a character 卐 or 卍) is an ancient religious icon used in the Indian subcontinent, East Asia and Southeast Asia, where it has been and remains a sacred symbol of spiritual principles in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.[1][2][3][4]

The name swastika comes from Sanskrit (Devanagari: स्वस्तिक), and denotes "conducive to well being or auspicious".[5][6] In Hinduism, the clockwise symbol is called swastika symbolizing surya (sun), prosperity, and good luck, while the counterclockwise symbol is called sauvastika symbolizing night or tantric aspects of Kali.[6] In Jainism, a swastika is the symbol for Suparshvanatha – the 7th of 24 Tirthankaras (spiritual teachers and saviours), while in Buddhism it symbolizes the auspicious footprints of the Buddha.[6][7][8]

For the Hindus and Buddhists in India and other Asian countries, the swastika was an important symbol for many thousands of years and, to this day, the symbol can still be seen in abundance - on temples, buses, taxis, and on the cover of books. It was also used in Ancient Greece and can be found in the remains of the ancient city of Troy, which existed 4,000 years ago. The ancient Druids and the Celts also used the symbol, reflected in many artefacts that have been discovered. It was used by Nordic tribes and even early Christians used the Swastika as one of their symbols, including the Teutonic Knights, a German medieval military order, which became a purely religious Catholic Order.

I HOPE YOU ARE NOT CATHOLIC THEN.

THE SHAME....

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I acknowledged the Hindu/Buddhism connection in post 22. You must have missed it.

The Nazis Brought their unique version displayed at 45 degrees fame and worldwide acclaim by using it to affirm racism, slaughter, hate and more ugly human traits. I find it offensive. If this were a discussion of the various religions that use a SIMILAR design it might be appropriate to show them.

I find the display of that symbol offensive. It's pointless to show it here as a personal avatar unless you find it attractive or need to provoke other posters on the site. Apparently Port Phil does use it to offend as explained in his reply above.

Nothing I've said here in any way disrespects the Hindu religion or any other religion. Nice misdirection ploy. You both seem to be channeling tRump.

If being PC means not deliberately offending people with hateful symbols and comments I'm all in.

Port Phil... Not bullying in the least, but I am stating my point of view as you are.

My backyard is quite clean art the moment. Nothing going on out there except about a dozen squirrels running along the fence and up and down the branches of the trees. Quite entertaining. You should come join them, you'd fit right in.

13 minutes ago, familysailor said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I acknowledged the Hindu/Buddhism connection in post 22. You must have missed it.

The Nazis Brought their unique version displayed at 45 degrees fame and worldwide acclaim by using it to affirm racism, slaughter, hate and more ugly human traits. I find it offensive. If this were a discussion of the various religions that use a SIMILAR design it might be appropriate to show them.

I find the display of that symbol offensive. It's pointless to show it here as a personal avatar unless you find it attractive or need to provoke other posters on the site. Apparently Port Phil does use it to offend as explained in his reply above.

Nothing I've said here in any way disrespects the Hindu religion or any other religion. Nice misdirection ploy. You both seem to be channeling tRump.

If being PC means not deliberately offending people with hateful symbols and comments I'm all in.

Port Phil... Not bullying in the least, but I am stating my point of view as you are.

My backyard is quite clean art the moment. Nothing going on out there except about a dozen squirrels running along the fence and up and down the branches of the trees. Quite entertaining. You should come join them, you'd fit right in.

I doubt that boat still exists. It probably hasn't since before the Nazi's hijacked the symbol. Therefore it has NO CONNECTION with Nazism - except that which YOU wish to make.

I will NOT bow to your pathetic Politically Correct bullying.

That's what this whole thread is about - PC crap gone crazy.

• Like 1

Not only has PC crap gone crazy but we also have to deal with the moral superiority asserted by our gaurdians.

victim.jpg.0f807e56b30490c3ce8c9bebe3699f11.jpg

I don't know which is worse.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, familysailor said:

Photo shop 

26 minutes ago, Parma said:

Not only has PC crap gone crazy but we also have to deal with the moral superiority asserted by our gaurdians.

victim.jpg.0f807e56b30490c3ce8c9bebe3699f11.jpg

I don't know which is worse.

That's the self imposed moral superiority of the self appointed guardians.

14 hours ago, random said:

Sp you think it is ok for a sport to be cool with actions that bring it into disrepute?

Witty got it wrong, he had no fucking idea about context and paid the price.

I think Witt is a low life idiot, but that doesn't mean it brings the sport into disrepute.  There's plenty of jerks in every aspect of life.

Some Aussies some to love his humor, maybe even his sponsors too.

As for me...I just ignore him.

But if you want to be the morality police, you go girl.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

That's the self imposed moral superiority of the self appointed guardians.

Oh, FFS stop whining. Accept the fact that your balls haven't dropped and glory in it. Maybe it's time to get that species change reversed. Not everyone is cut out to be an iguana.

On 2018-03-23 at 5:26 PM, IPLore said:

I find it a bit sanctimonious of Brian Handjob to pontificate about how inappropriate the case was, while at the same time give himself a pat on the back for bringing  it to everyone's attention.

+1.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:48 AM, Somebody Else said:

Ugh!

This is highly dependent on cultural norms and apparently those norms differ dramatically between the USA and Australia. The feminist agenda and the liberal agenda in general have been coming down hard against this sort of sexist behavior in the USA. Laws have been enacted and cases tried. LB 15 got pretty worked up about that.

There, there little snowflake once your outrage at this terrible act against all women kind starts to fade so will your butt hurt rash. Until then lie on your front and don't watch any news. A good cry might help.

24 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

There, there little snowflake once your outrage at this terrible act against all women kind starts to fade so will your butt hurt rash. Until then lie on your front and don't watch any news. A good cry might help.

See!

Just now, Somebody Else said:

See!

IMG_6720.JPG

• Like 1

On 24/03/2018 at 6:53 AM, Plumber said:

Seriously, these guys should have known better. They are racing on the world stage. Along with the salary, comes responsibility. It goes beyond what the victim feels about the incident.

You have conveniently forgotton with that analysis of professional responsibility, the role of employer and in a defacto sense the RO. Bessie (the victim) by the way is on the record as saying it was horseshit and I suspect if she ever runs into Dawn Riley and punches her, Dawn with even her low and large centre of gravity is fucked.

Probably the most definitive, erudite, thought provoking and considered article on this incident and it's ramifications for sailing can be found here. 

Unlike Handjob the author does not have pictures of Scooter with a gerbil with his pants down (Scooters not the gerbil) so rarely gets his magnificent prose to the FP. 

15 hours ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

I doubt that boat still exists. It probably hasn't since before the Nazi's hijacked the symbol. Therefore it has NO CONNECTION with Nazism - except that which YOU wish to make.

So.... now YOU'RE the victim?  

And that's still a swastika.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, monsoon said:

So.... now YOU'RE the victim?  

And that's still a swastika.

Really old people and their socks just hate everyone . Just some groups more than others. 

Very sad but luckily he does not represent the sport of sailing. 

11 minutes ago, VWAP said:

Really old people and their socks like him just hate everyone . Just some groups more than others. 

Very sad but luckily he does not represent the sport of sailing. 

When one gets older one realizes that one does not HAVE to tolerate arseholes like you..

Oh no! More evil xenophobes with wicked cross symbols on their sails! Help me, Buddha.

SDC10977.JPG

20 hours ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

The thread is NOT about PC crap gone crazy. It's about an idiot sailor that got rightly sanctioned for doing stuff that cannot be tolerated in today's society. Especially in the context of trying to make this sport more inclusive by having women on board competing. We choose in this sport to abide by a certain set of rules. If there's an infringement of the rule, we also agree that the event will be reviewed and sanctions decided by a panel of judges. In their wisdom, the judges decided on the sanction. If you choose to appeal using a lawyer, that's your call. Nobody will loose sleep over your choices, nor should we feel sorry for this guy.

On 3/24/2018 at 4:40 PM, familysailor said:

Go get laid you PC snowflake. You need it!  That boat was pre-Nazi. Anyone with an education would recognize that. You’re so desperate to be offended that you’re whining about a boat that has done nothing wrong. 

I hope your kids get a better education than you did. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Plumber said:

It's about an idiot sailor that got rightly sanctioned for doing stuff that cannot be tolerated in today's society.

Numbnuts they weren't sanctioned at all. They were exonerated by an International Jury after about a nanosecond of deliberation.

You need to get that sand out. 

10 minutes ago, VWAP said:

Once again the village idiot interjects with stupid comments that have no relationship with what is being discussed. I suppose he thinks it makes him seem he is important - NOT.

Maybe he needs to feel he is playing with the adults and he deludes himself into believing they take notice of him.

21 minutes ago, VWAP said:

I do not normally respond in this manner. What a pile of bullshit. The general plan is everyone gets old. But what is old. One lady said " when you get to fifty, you are on a roller coaster, and you ain't going up " My girlfriend for a while after I got separated at 58, died at 50. Beethoven was 57, Doug Peterson 71. For the most part folks over 70 are most tolerant and kind. Most grandmothers over 70 have seen and heard everything. I have some idea about this, having many clients over 70. My MIL is grumpy, she does not get out much, as in not at all. She will be 100 at the end of next month. I have had clients over 100, but this will be my first 100 BD party. But back to the main theme. The link about the mean person, is a pile of crap, and miles off topic. Can we stick to the subject matter? Thank you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unkle Crusty said:

I do not normally respond in this manner. What a pile of bullshit. The general plan is everyone gets old. But what is old. One lady said " when you get to fifty, you are on a roller coaster, and you ain't going up " My girlfriend for a while after I got separated at 58, died at 50. Beethoven was 57, Doug Peterson 71. For the most part folks over 70 are most tolerant and kind. Most grandmothers over 70 have seen and heard everything. I have some idea about this, having many clients over 70. My MIL is grumpy, she does not get out much, as in not at all. She will be 100 at the end of next month. I have had clients over 100, but this will be my first 100 BD party. But back to the main theme. The link about the mean person, is a pile of crap, and miles off topic. Can we stick to the subject matter? Thank you.

Good luck on that. Some really old people give those in their age group  a bad name. It's probably better they pollute these threads  and not target  their nastiness to others when they are taken outside the home. 

3 minutes ago, VWAP said:

Good luck on that. Some really old people give those in their age group  a bad name. It's probably better they pollute these threads  and not target  their nastiness to others when they are taken outside the home. 

Something smells bad here. I see - it's the village idiot still hanging around like a bad smell. You should go home and get your mommy to change your diaper.

9 hours ago, Plumber said:

If there's an infringement of the rule, we also agree that the event will be reviewed and sanctions decided by a panel of judges. In their wisdom, the judges decided on the sanction. If you choose to appeal using a lawyer, that's your call.

What sort of fool starts a thread to wail on about something, but knowing nothing about what has occured?

There has been no infringement of Rule 69. The only parties that thought so we're two 3rd party complaintants. An International Jury has decided there has been no infringement. With no infringement  there is no sanction and so no appeal is necessary. 

The $40k outlayed was for Witt and Hayles appearing before the International Jury. After hearing submissions the Jurys determination that Rule 69 had not been broken took about 5 minutes.

I hope what ever you do to put food on the table doesn't require intelligence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VWAP said:

Show me a statistic that shows old people exhibit their nastiness in the form of more crime of any form. Around here most hospitals have elderly folk volunteering there time in many positions. please define old. In general who volunteers the most at most Yacht Clubs. If you like I can provide the odds of anyone thinking you or I are dipsticks. Thing is, my odds of recovery are a lot better than yours.

8 minutes ago, Unkle Crusty said:

Show me a statistic that shows old people exhibit their nastiness in the form of more crime of any form. 

Image result for donald trump

• Like 2

11 hours ago, VWAP said:

C'mon man! The newspapers & TV are filled with stories & images of obnoxious, stupid, lazy  & criminal millennials every day. Far fewer examples of seniors in that regard.

LB 15. Well played with post #71. The Ed here hates his guts. Many on the left coast feel the same. The majority of my red neck tractor buddies, and the majority of the bike riders support him. He is also 71 I believe. At 61 he was allegedly having sex with a porn star between rounds of golf. What a stud. Someone many of the younger randy folks here can admire.

Amaze is the least of the feelings he inspires, Revolt, irritate come to mind.

12 hours ago, Parma said:

C'mon man! The newspapers & TV are filled with stories & images of obnoxious, stupid, lazy  & criminal millennials every day. Far fewer examples of seniors in that regard.

See the really old dude above who is trying his hardest to convince people he knows much of anything about racing.. He gets frustrated when Google cant't help him then he uncontrollably lashes out. Sad really though he was probably that way many many many many years ago. 

2 minutes ago, VWAP said:

See the really old dude above who is trying his hardest to convince people he knows much of anything about racing.. He gets frustrated when Google cant't help him then he uncontrollably lashes out. Sad really though he was probably that way many many many many years ago. 

That bad smell is back.

Hasn't your mommy changed your diaper yet?

• Downvote 1

Perhaps, in the current circumstances, you lot could just let this thread fall away.

10 hours ago, VWAP said:

No, I don't see him, and I don't get the reference to google frustrations or lashing out. Need an explanation thereof.

We all change over the many many many many years. Some of us for the better, some of us for the worse, mostly depending on how we are treated. 

What I don't like are the people who are continually and superciliously morally condescending: aren't we all tired of the gratuitous "values validators" that pollute our lives?

Sorry you can't see it but carry on however you wish. 

sympathizers never get a pass

The overriding characteristic of bullshit PC incidents is that the person allegedly offended never has a say in the matter.

4 hours ago, Le Crabe said:

The overriding characteristic of bullshit PC incidents is that the person allegedly offended never has a say in the matter.

Sorry you're offended. Didn't know that you have a swastika on your boat, too.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 3:00 PM, Port Phillip Sailor said:

Of all the pictures of historic 18-foot skiffs, you chose one with the single most controversial symbol you could find. Other than that symbol, there is nothing outstanding or significant about that particular skiff photo. That symbol is the elephant in the room. Don't pretend you didn't specifically choose that picture to foment controversy. Own up to your trolling for what it is.