• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Dorado

Is Clean gone ?

2 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

Strange? Fancy implying you'd drown somebody, that's a bit sick.

Fancy that, eh?

4 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Oooo, I'm not skeeered of you dickhead.  You're just another dwarf like your buddy, and who are you calling old?  Which dwarf are you, Sleazy?  Why don't you tell us who you really are.

The jealous line starts behind that creep JBSF.

I suppose you're going to tell us you were 6'5" when you could stand up straight next.

27 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I don't know whose sock you are but if Grumpy and BJ were floundering in the water and I could only save one of them I would grab BJ.  With my other hand I would hold Grumpy's head underwater.

Bit early in the year, but I'd take Grumps on one of our floundering trips any time...you, after your showing your ass here and in the "Gentleman" thread not so much...

Just now, Dunyazad said:

I suppose you're going to tell us you were 6'5" when you could stand up straight next.

6' 5 3/4".   I have no trouble standing straight, it just takes a minute to get there.

1 minute ago, Ed Lada said:

6' 5 3/4".   I have no trouble standing straight, it just takes a minute to get there.

That's awful tall for an ATM. A wallet with legs

Just now, Grabbler said:

Bit early in the year, but I'd take Grumps on one of our floundering trips any time...you after your showing your ass here and in the "Gentleman" thread not so much...

That's OK, plenty of people in the world, but thanks for sharing your opinon.  Folks here often behave differently in real life.  In my opinion, Grumpy was a dick here.  And quit looking at my ass.

Just now, Dunyazad said:

That's awful tall for an ATM. A wallet with legs

Damn dude, when was the last time you got laid?  Can you remember?  Maybe you clean out your pipes, your attitude will improve.  I'm sure Grumps can hook you up, he seemed to post a lot of photos of his friends here.  You aren't very tall are you.

Fukin' short people always want to bust my balls.  

4 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

That's OK, plenty of people in the world, but thanks for sharing your opinon.  Folks here often behave differently in real life.  In my opinion, Grumpy was a dick here.  And quit looking at my ass.

16gnae.jpg

26 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Because dufus is ripping on BJ.  I know you don't like him, but he kept this place running pretty well and took a lot of undeserved shit for it.  In my experience, BJ didn't get pissy until people got pissy with him first.   Grumpy on the other hand was often an obnoxious twit, in my opinion.  Don't miss Grumpy at all.  

Grumps was and still is a good guy in mine and many others opinion, suggesting that you would hold somebodies head under water is somewhat disturbing, and not what i'd expect from you.

1 minute ago, mad said:

Grumps was and still is a good guy in mine and many others opinion, suggesting that you would hold somebodies head under water is somewhat disturbing, and not what i'd expect from you.

Oh FFS, hyperbole man!  I never killed anybody in my life, I haven't even seriously tried in about 40 years.  I would have gotten that fucker if he hadn't of run away so fast.

2 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Oh FFS, hyperbole man!  I never killed anybody in my life, I haven't even seriously tried in about 40 years.  I would have gotten that fucker if he hadn't of  HAVE run away so fast.

Don't make promises your body can't keep. Most folk can walk faster than you can run

20 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

we'll put it down to this then?

9 minutes ago, mad said:
38 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Because dufus is ripping on BJ.  I know you don't like him, but he kept this place running pretty well and took a lot of undeserved shit for it.  In my experience, BJ didn't get pissy until people got pissy with him first.   Grumpy on the other hand was often an obnoxious twit, in my opinion.  Don't miss Grumpy at all.  

Grumpy is a seriously twisted and unlikable cunt.

But Ed you seem hung-up on your tallness, you keep reminding us.  What's with that?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, random said:

But Ed you seem hung-up on your tallness, you keep reminding us.  What's with that?

Let me guess? Grumpy ripped you up, didn't he. You must OF (sarc) asked for it

1 hour ago, Dunyazad said:

I had a good long chat with Grumpy yesterday (he doesn't want the job I offered him). He passes his regards to all. He also says Porker (his spelling) is a pompous arrogant bully and a bigoted arsehole,

Porter, you've shown that what he says is true in this thread. If Grumpy gave you shit you deserved it. I'll take his word over yours. All day, everyday.

Fuck off, troll.

I know the truth, what lying scum like him has to say about me is irrelevant.

I'm guessing - since I don't have Admin tools - that if I looked at this new sock created in the last week I could rough what domains the IP's were hosted from, oh stumpy one.

50 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

You misspelled "twat".

5 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

Grumps was such a cunt that no explaination is required, somethings are self explanatory.

My only regret is that I was not responsible for his flicking.  If I had been moderator he would have been gone, no explaination supplied. 

• Downvote 1

I don't recall that I had any dust ups with Grumpy.  You on the other hand with a mere 22 posts have already pissed me off.  Well done sir!

I was never a sprinter, I am built for endurance not speed.  But in my early 30s I could run 2 miles in under 13 minutes when I was in the Army.  I used to regularly run 10 miles, no problem.  Nowadays due to knee replacements and a degenerative nerve condition in my legs, I can shuffle a half mile in 25 minutes on a good day.  Just remember, slow and steady wins the race.

4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Fuck off, troll.

I know the truth, what lying scum like him has to say about me is irrelevant.

The truth? Really? I feel a Jack Nicholson moment coming on!

You're a bully. You love to be the hall monitor

3 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

The truth? Really? I feel a Jack Nicholson moment coming on!

You're a bully. You love to be the hall monitor

You're a twat, a liar, and a sock.  Whether you're from WLIS, Malaysia, or somewhere in Oz remains to be seen. I suppose that depends on where Grumpy is working these days.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I don't recall that I had any dust ups with Grumpy.  You on the other hand with a mere 22 posts have already pissed me off.  Well done sir!

I was never a sprinter, I am built for endurance not speed.  But in my early 30s I could run 2 miles in under 13 minutes when I was in the Army.  I used to regularly run 10 miles, no problem.  Nowadays due to knee replacements and a degenerative nerve condition in my legs, I can shuffle a half mile in 25 minutes on a good day.  Just remember, slow and steady wins the race.

Why are responding to my response to Random? I did not imply you had "dust ups" with Grumpy.

15 minutes ago, random said:

I usually don't bring it up unless someone else does first.  It seems that being unusually tall attracts a lot of attention, even with folks that have never seen me.  

If one more person asks me "how's the weather is up there", I will respond like some famous NBA player did years ago and spit on their head and tell them it's raining!

1 minute ago, Dunyazad said:

Why are responding to my response to Random? I did not imply you had "dust ups" with Grumpy.

Whoops, my bad.  Getting a little dementia in my old age, apparently.

I usually don't bring it up unless someone else does first.  It seems that being unusually tall attracts a lot of attention, even with folks that have never seen me.  

If one more person asks me "how's the weather is up there", I will respond like some famous NBA player did years ago and spit on their head and tell them it's raining!

"So, do you play basketball?"

#1 question that drives my son nuts (he's somewhere around 6'4" or a little more and hates the game).

3 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

You're a twat, a liar, and a sock.  Whether you're from WLIS, Malaysia, or somewhere in Oz remains to be seen. I suppose that depends on where Grumpy is working these days.

It must be the climate or something, WLIS and OZ seem to produce a large number of socks.  Although there is a rather large sock farm around Austin, TX as well, but that's a solo operation.

So you think ole Grumps may have crawled out from under a rock and has blessed us with his presence again.  Isn't that nice.

6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

You're a twat, a liar, and a sock.  Whether you're from WLIS or somewhere in Oz remains to be seen.

So you're "investigating" then. I thought you'd handed the keys in....

It's all in this thread. I think you're the liar here.

17 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Well no need to get mad about it!

Not getting mad at all, just gets a little tiresome watching people post things that they wouldn't say to or do to someones face.

2 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

#1 question that drives my son nuts (he's somewhere around 6'4" or a little more and hates the game).

I've heard that so many times.  I hate it too.  Coordination was never my strong suit.  My first time in Basic Training I was repeatedly told that I couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time.  One time during some Drill and Ceremonies training (endless marching in formation), my drill sergeant called all of the other drills over and had me repeatedly do a 'rear march' (marching in one direction and pivoting 180 degrees on the command, reversing the direction), to prove to them that is was possible to march with the arm swinging the same as the leg on that side instead of swinging the opposite.  They never did figure out how I managed to do that.  My nickname in Basic was Lurch, from The Addam's Family.

3 minutes ago, mad said:

Not getting mad at all, just gets a little tiresome watching people post things that they wouldn't say to or do to someones face.

But that's what you do every post!  Hypocrisy personified.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, random said:
7 minutes ago, mad said:

But that's what you do every post!  Hypocrisy personified.

From Mad, that's rich.

1 minute ago, mad said:

Not getting mad as all, just gets tiresome watching people post things that they wouldn't say to or do to someones face.

I don't care anymore, I would say the same face to face.  If somebody is that fucked up and wants to beat the shit out of a tired, broken, aging man, they are welcome to try.  I might end up on the losing end, but I could still get a few good licks in.  Tom:  "Wow Dick, where did you get that shiner?"   Dick:  "Hey, you should see the other guy, some 62 year old, half crippled asshole called me a bad name, I showed him!"  Harry:  "Way to go Dick!"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, random said:

So is Dunny ... Grumpy?

That's my working theory. I think Fillyerboots got the flick. Grumpy has never been one to stay away when he's banned, he's almost as insane as akaGP, though he takes a little more time between incarnations.

I've no way of verifying this though. But if you try to have Google translate "Dunyazad" and it identifies the language as Malay. Sounds like Grumpy's friend in the way that Happy Jack is a friend of Nailing Malarkey, to me.

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

That's my working theory. I think Fillyerboots got the flick. Grumpy has never been one to stay away when he's banned, he's almost as insane as akaGP, though he takes a little more time between incarnations.

I've no way of verifying this though. But if you try to have Google translate "Dunyazad" and it identifies the language as Malay. Sounds like Grumpy's friend in the way that Happy Jack is a friend of Nailing Malarkey, to me.

After all those years of dealing with them, I imagine you are pretty good at recognizing them.  You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

From Mad, that's rich.

I've never threatened any poster here, and I'm more than happy to say what I post to peoples faces.

5 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I don't care anymore, I would say the same face to face.  If somebody is that fucked up and wants to beat the shit out of a tired, broken, aging man, they are welcome to try.  I might end up on the losing end, but I could still get a few good licks in.  Tom:  "Wow Dick, where did you get that shiner?"   Dick:  "Hey, you should see the other guy, some 62 year old, half crippled asshole called me a bad name, I showed him!"  Harry:  "Way to go Dick!"

Fair enough, are we done with the threats of violence yet? :)

• Like 1

Just now, mad said:

I've never threatened any poster here, and I'm more than happy to say what I post to peoples faces.

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, mad said:

I have always had a bit of a temper.  I have learned to control it or honestly, I probably would have killed somebody at some point, and I really didn't want to do that.  I am downright mellow compared to what I used to be.  But it's still an ongoing struggle.  We all have our cross to bear.

• Like 1

Hahaha!! You've not read the classics then. Dunyazad had a sister you fool. So you're acting as the hall monitor then? Gathering information?

You need to go enjoy your cruising and get away from this rubbish, it's consuming you (big job I know). Have you made your way to anywhere without shore power?

19 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I've heard that so many times.  I hate it too.  Coordination was never my strong suit.  My first time in Basic Training I was repeatedly told that I couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time.  One time during some Drill and Ceremonies training (endless marching in formation), my drill sergeant called all of the other drills over and had me repeatedly do a 'rear march' (marching in one direction and pivoting 180 degrees on the command, reversing the direction), to prove to them that is was possible to march with the arm swinging the same as the leg on that side instead of swinging the opposite.  They never did figure out how I managed to do that.  My nickname in Basic was Lurch, from The Addam's Family.

I once had a woman (feminist facsist) tell me women can multi task and men can't.

I asked her to sit down and shutup. My point was made, she was incapable of either.

5 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

Hahaha!! You've not read the classics then. Dunyazad had a sister you fool. So you're acting as the hall monitor then? Gathering information?

You need to go enjoy your cruising and get away from this rubbish, it's consuming you (big job I know). Have you made your way to anywhere without shore power?

I'm starting to doubt that this is Grumpy.  He was too fucking dumb to string that many words together.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, random said:

I'm starting to doubt that this is Grumpy.  He was too fucking dumb to string that many word together.

I was just thinking that he sounded awfully literate for Grumpy, too.

7 minutes ago, random said:

I'm starting to doubt that this is Grumpy.  He was too fucking dumb to string that many word together.

And Porker thinks Dunyazad is Malaysian?

3 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

And Porker thinks Dunyazad is Malaysian?

So if you are not Grumpy why are you shafting Porter? 

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I have always had a bit of a temper.  I have learned to control it or honestly, I probably would have killed somebody at some point, and I really didn't want to do that.  I am downright mellow compared to what I used to be.  But it's still an ongoing struggle.  We all have our cross to bear.

I’m exactly the same, that’s why I don’t say anything unless I damn well mean it. Otherwise it becomes the little boy who cried wolf. 

Its just an Internet forum, several steps below a school yard. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mad said:
42 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

From Mad, that's rich.

"I didn't say that". Porker is an ass. Grumpy picked it like a nose. You should ask him to substantiate his lie.

4 minutes ago, random said:

So if you are not Grumpy why are you shafting Porter? 

He's been slagging my mate in this thread. What would you do?

"I didn't say that". Porker is an ass. Grumpy picked it like a nose. You should ask him to substantiate his lie.

BJ allegedly has me on ignore, though strangely enough he cares enough to respond when I’m quoted,  so no point in persuing that line.  

1 minute ago, Dunyazad said:

He's been slagging my mate in this thread. What would you do?

Not convincing.

im-watching-you.jpg

• Downvote 1

Just now, mad said:

BJ allegedly has me on ignore, though strangely enough he cares enough to respond when I’m quoted,  so no point in persuing that line.  

Porker has said some nasty shit about you in this thread. You've been the gentleman.

1 minute ago, random said:

Not convincing.

im-watching-you.jpg

I'm really not comfortable telling adolescents to fuck off.

Can I send you a brochure about sex and travel?

Porker has said some nasty shit about you in this thread. You've been the gentleman.

I see a bromance in the making here.

Just because someone says bad things about you, and your don't respond, doesn't mean you are not a cunt.

• Downvote 1

I see a bromance in the making here.

Mad helped me out. Porker has been full nasty cunt, Mad hasn't said any of the shit Porker put out. Porker was pretty nasty for no reason. He's had a pretty nasty name calling session don't you think. Mad was all meh.

6 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

The vitriol and escalation in defending his corner was a surprise......... I think there's probably more to this than meets the eye somehow.  

1 minute ago, mad said:

The vitriol and escalation in defending his corner was a surprise......... I think there's probably more to this than meets the eye somehow.  

1tbive.jpg

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, mad said:

tiresome?  that's what this place exists for dude...

3 minutes ago, mad said:

The nastiness you copped? From the "retired mod". I was a volunteer, I wasn't paid to be a dick. Scot likes me though. Fuck with me and I'll call you names.

3 minutes ago, yikes said:

I'm about done. Random wants to take me on. I don't race RC boats ...

33 minutes ago, mad said:

Given the amount of shit BJ has dealt with here over the years, I can't blame him for being a little testy.  

1 hour ago, random said:
1 hour ago, Dunyazad said:

I'm starting to doubt that this is Grumpy.  He was too fucking dumb to string that many words together.

The bit in bold sounds like #6 or one of the other WLIS twatbuckets. That was a favorite schtick of theirs. Though they started to sound pretty stupid by the time I'd crossed the Pacific...we know that sounding pretty stupid has never been a deterrent for these clowns.

So we know it's a returning troll, one of those turds that is too rich in fat and bullshit to sink to the bottom and get flushed like they are supposed to. The question is which one.

22 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:
57 minutes ago, mad said:

Given the amount of shit BJ has dealt with here over the years, I can't blame him for being a little testy.  

Yeah, I've had a a bellyful over the last decade of people slinging bullshit about me, lying about me, questioning my ethics, morals, and honesty, etc. etc. I've had multiple socks created in my honor just to stalk and harass me. I've had users threaten me physically, legally, and financially. I had one poster swear he had a friend that worked with me that told him I'd been fired from that job, of course mentioning me and the company name in the threads (the truth of course was quite different). I've had threats that someone would report me to the IRS for alleged tax abuse, and I've had people accuse me on the forums of literally killing people. I shit you not.

Once, when I was at a regatta someone picked my credit card number off when I used it in the tent to buy a couple of things, but get this - they ordered stupid and annoying shit to be sent to me, they didn't actually try to use it to steal stuff. Related? Tough to say, but damn it was suspicious that it happened at a regatta.

Not to mention those that have attacked my family. Anyone remember when one user wrote a fantasy scenario about my daughter, aged nine at the time, getting knocked up by Bull Gator? And that one wasn't one of my regular stalkers; THAT one actually apologized and stopped the bullshit.

But what annoys me the most is that I did my damnedest during my time moderating to remain impartial. Much to my own detriment, as it meant I had to leave the shit eaters and poo-flingers like Grumpy, Six, KmCabe, and Edith Bicknell/et al (he had a dozen+ active socks) on the forums and posting and attacking me for YEARS, because simply taking a giant steaming shit on me in public wasn't actually cause to ban their sociopathic asses.

So yes, indeed given all the crap I've put up with from dishonest lying assholes on SA simply because I chose to try and act impartially and honestly in my moderation efforts, I do tend to get a bit testy when some ass-carrot impugns my integrity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I know a chap in a wheelchair who gets that question all the time and it goes like this:

"You know you can play basketball in a wheelchair?"  "No, I can't"

"Of course you can." " No, I can't"

"What makes you say that?" "I don't know the rules. Now fuck off and patronise someone else."

9 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

The bit in bold sounds like #6 or one of the other WLIS twatbuckets. That was a favorite schtick of theirs. Though they started to sound pretty stupid by the time I'd crossed the Pacific...we know that sounding pretty stupid has never been a deterrent for these clowns.

So we know it's a returning troll, one of those turds that is too rich in fat and bullshit to sink to the bottom and get flushed like they are supposed to. The question is which one.

Get your head out of the boat. Wait,  you'tr in the boat living the dream?

You need to turn your back on this place and go do what you meant to do man. I don't know you from Adam, your volunteering is fucking you up.

36 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Yeah, I've had a a bellyful over the last decade of people slinging bullshit about me, lying about me, questioning my ethics, morals, and honesty, etc. etc. I've had multiple socks created in my honor just to stalk and harass me. I've had users threaten me physically, legally, and financially. I had one poster swear he had a friend that worked with me that told him I'd been fired from that job, of course mentioning me and the company name in the threads (the truth of course was quite different). I've had threats that someone would report me to the IRS for alleged tax abuse, and I've had people accuse me on the forums of literally killing people. I shit you not.

Once, when I was at a regatta someone picked my credit card number off when I used it in the tent to buy a couple of things, but get this - they ordered stupid and annoying shit to be sent to me, they didn't actually try to use it to steal stuff. Related? Tough to say, but damn it was suspicious that it happened at a regatta.

Not to mention those that have attacked my family. Anyone remember when one user wrote a fantasy scenario about my daughter, aged nine at the time, getting knocked up by Bull Gator? And that one wasn't one of my regular stalkers; THAT one actually apologized and stopped the bullshit.

But what annoys me the most is that I did my damnedest during my time moderating to remain impartial. Much to my own detriment, as it meant I had to leave the shit eaters and poo-flingers like Grumpy, Six, KmCabe, and Edith Bicknell/et al (he had a dozen+ active socks) on the forums and posting and attacking me for YEARS, because simply taking a giant steaming shit on me in public wasn't actually cause to ban their sociopathic asses.

So yes, indeed given all the crap I've put up with from dishonest lying assholes on SA simply because I chose to try and act impartially and honestly in my moderation efforts, I do tend to get a bit testy when some ass-carrot impugns my integrity.

You don't need to defend or justify yourself. You're cruising now.

Go somewhere with no wifi. Meet some people

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

My friend says you're a bit of a cunt with tendencies to bloviate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

like i said, lay down with dogs, you gonna get fleas....

starting at the top, this place has always been crazy....expect it.

3 hours ago, yikes said:
4 hours ago, mad said:

Good point :P

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Adults are normally expected to have grown out of temper tantrums and name calling just because somebody else started something a few years ago.:blink:

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Image result for leave me alone crying

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mad said:

Adults are normally expected to have grown out of temper tantrums and name calling just because somebody else started something a few years ago.:blink:

Sure. And adults in charge of entire countries should have learned by now not to start wars.  And politicians should have learned by now to stop lying.  And people shouldn't lack the essentials of life, food water and shelter.  We are all human, we all have our flaws.  It is easy to point them out in others because then we can ignore our own.  I am sure that you are like me in that you strive to be a good human.  But we don't always succeed.  I am probably better than some and worse than many others.  I spend a lot of time thinking about my behavior toward others. As you might have noticed, I have a mixed record of achieving my goal of being a nice person here.  But I try hard.  I also think that sometimes people use places like this to blow off a little steam, we all need to do that occasionally.  It's the internet, you can chose to be anonymous, so it's relatively safe to do that.

You could take the high road and just stop engaging BJ.  In the therapy field, we call that taking a one down position.  You can't fight with somebody that won't fight back.  It is the single most useful and effective technique I have ever seen for stopping conflict.  So you are partially to blame as well.  We can't often control other people's behavior.  We can almost always control our own.  Unfortunately, our ego often gets in the way of common sense.  I think the best we can do is always try to be better people.  We won't always succeed but sometimes, it actually works, so it is probably worth the effort.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Given the amount of shit BJ has dealt with here over the years, I can't blame him for being a little    testy   GRUMPY 

fixed

• Like 2

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

The bit in bold sounds

A day sailing/cruising  Far far away from the Rat Race

Does Not count if its spent Fighting/Racing Rats on the interwebz

{change WRONG to A FLICKED SOCK}

duty_calls.png

14 hours ago, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

Shalom my friend. We know you didntt mean to kill that dog in the back of the station wagon in Mexico.  All is forgiven.

But please tell us the secret Storm Trysail inside info before you die. Unburden yourself!  Don't take it to your Grave!  Wave the pink flag of honor!  Where did the SA Americas Cup Challenge money go!!?

It didn't go to me, that's for sure.  Ask the guy who it was sent to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Sure. And adults in charge of entire countries should have learned by now not to start wars.  And politicians should have learned by now to stop lying.  And people shouldn't lack the essentials of life, food water and shelter.  We are all human, we all have our flaws.  It is easy to point them out in others because then we can ignore our own.  I am sure that you are like me in that you strive to be a good human.  But we don't always succeed.  I am probably better than some and worse than many others.  I spend a lot of time thinking about my behavior toward others. As you might have noticed, I have a mixed record of achieving my goal of being a nice person here.  But I try hard.  I also think that sometimes people use places like this to blow off a little steam, we all need to do that occasionally.  It's the internet, you can chose to be anonymous, so it's relatively safe to do that.

You could take the high road and just stop engaging BJ.  In the therapy field, we call that taking a one down position.  You can't fight with somebody that won't fight back.  It is the single most useful and effective technique I have ever seen for stopping conflict.  So you are partially to blame as well.  We can't often control other people's behavior.  We can almost always control our own.  Unfortunately, our ego often gets in the way of common sense.  I think the best we can do is always try to be better people.  We won't always succeed but sometimes, it actually works, so it is probably worth the effort.  

There's a reason my ignore list is as long as it is.

8 hours ago, yikes said:

like i said, lay down with dogs, you gonna get fleas....

starting at the top, this place has always been crazy....expect it.

Yeah, it may have been misguided to try and help keep this place on the rails when it was starting to grow back then.

This place was never meant to be on the rails. Just sayin'.

I will say, Grumpy is good people. Can be a harsh Aussie, din't get the nic Grumpy for nothin', but good people.

Soak_ed v. Grumpy, hmmmm, I guessing Grumpy might have the upper hand. Nothin' personal Ed.

Mad, you have to stop. My keyboard just can't handle this much coffee and beer.

10 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

I will say, Grumpy is good people. Can be a harsh Aussie, din't get the nic Grumpy for nothin', but good people.

Soak_ed v. Grumpy, hmmmm, I guessing Grumpy might have the upper hand. Nothin' personal Ed.

That honour belongs to BJ, he did provide most of material.....

8 minutes ago, mad said:

That honour belongs to BJ, he did provide most of material.....

You are too modest sir.

41 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

I've met a LOT of Aussies in the last year and a half in country. Mostly delightful people, with the occasional bawdy sense of humor. A number like to "yank chains" and poke fun, but it's all in good spirit and they take as good as they give.

I've not met a single twat of the magnitude of Grump here, anywhere. His order of assholery is, from my experience, atypical and not representative of the Australians I've met.

He's bitter, vicious, spiteful, dishonest and absolutely can not take what he dishes out. There is no spirit of fun in the fellow, he's just flat out nasty.

No wonder the WLIS mafia loves him; birds of a feather and all that.

• Downvote 1

I love how this thread about Clean has turned into an opportunity to try and put the boot into BJ and have a whine about the flicking of Grumpy. Good riddance to Grumpy. He was an evil bullying and lying deadshit. I feel sorry for Mad, he’s lost his little bullying mate. What’s Crabbe without Goyle? I have had plenty of personal grievances with the short arse fucker but the one thing I enjoy the most about his flicking is discussions/ arguments can take place without the endless tag team bullying/ trolling duo. There was a time when Jeffy (in my mind  I see Malfoy) would make some outlandish pro gun etc statement and you could rely on a nasty spiteful response from one or both of his little minions, barely moments after anyone offered a counter response to Jeffy. Mad and Grumpy were/ are sad little sicophants. As I said good riddance Grumpy, Mad I look forward to you fucking off as well. Shouldn’t be long I imagine, bullies are cowards and don’t do well on there own. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1