Dorado

Is Clean gone ?

20 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

That's OK, plenty of people in the world, but thanks for sharing your opinon.  Folks here often behave differently in real life.  In my opinion, Grumpy was a dick here.  And quit looking at my ass.

we'll put it down to this then?

9 minutes ago, mad said:
38 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Because dufus is ripping on BJ.  I know you don't like him, but he kept this place running pretty well and took a lot of undeserved shit for it.  In my experience, BJ didn't get pissy until people got pissy with him first.   Grumpy on the other hand was often an obnoxious twit, in my opinion.  Don't miss Grumpy at all.  

Grumps was and still is a good guy in mine and many others opinion, suggesting that you would hold somebodies head under water is somewhat disturbing, and not what i'd expect from you.

Grumpy is a seriously twisted and unlikable cunt.

But Ed you seem hung-up on your tallness, you keep reminding us.  What's with that?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunyazad said:

I had a good long chat with Grumpy yesterday (he doesn't want the job I offered him). He passes his regards to all. He also says Porker (his spelling) is a pompous arrogant bully and a bigoted arsehole,

Porter, you've shown that what he says is true in this thread. If Grumpy gave you shit you deserved it. I'll take his word over yours. All day, everyday.

Fuck off, troll.

I know the truth, what lying scum like him has to say about me is irrelevant.

I'm guessing - since I don't have Admin tools - that if I looked at this new sock created in the last week I could rough what domains the IP's were hosted from, oh stumpy one.

50 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Because dufus is ripping on BJ.  I know you don't like him, but he kept this place running pretty well and took a lot of undeserved shit for it.  In my experience, BJ didn't get pissy until people got pissy with him first.   Grumpy on the other hand was often an obnoxious twit, in my opinion.  Don't miss Grumpy at all.  

You misspelled "twat".

5 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

Let me guess? Grumpy ripped you up, didn't he. You must OF (sarc) asked for it

Grumps was such a cunt that no explaination is required, somethings are self explanatory.

My only regret is that I was not responsible for his flicking.  If I had been moderator he would have been gone, no explaination supplied. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

Let me guess? Grumpy ripped you up, didn't he. You must OF (sarc) asked for it

I don't recall that I had any dust ups with Grumpy.  You on the other hand with a mere 22 posts have already pissed me off.  Well done sir!

I was never a sprinter, I am built for endurance not speed.  But in my early 30s I could run 2 miles in under 13 minutes when I was in the Army.  I used to regularly run 10 miles, no problem.  Nowadays due to knee replacements and a degenerative nerve condition in my legs, I can shuffle a half mile in 25 minutes on a good day.  Just remember, slow and steady wins the race.

17 minutes ago, mad said:

we'll put it down to this then?

Well no need to get mad about it!

3 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

The truth? Really? I feel a Jack Nicholson moment coming on!

You're a bully. You love to be the hall monitor

You're a twat, a liar, and a sock.  Whether you're from WLIS, Malaysia, or somewhere in Oz remains to be seen. I suppose that depends on where Grumpy is working these days.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, random said:

Grumpy is a seriously twisted and unlikable cunt.

But Ed you seem hung-up on your tallness, you keep reminding us.  What's with that?

I usually don't bring it up unless someone else does first.  It seems that being unusually tall attracts a lot of attention, even with folks that have never seen me.  

If one more person asks me "how's the weather is up there", I will respond like some famous NBA player did years ago and spit on their head and tell them it's raining!

1 minute ago, Dunyazad said:

Why are responding to my response to Random? I did not imply you had "dust ups" with Grumpy.

Whoops, my bad.  Getting a little dementia in my old age, apparently.

1 minute ago, Ed Lada said:

I usually don't bring it up unless someone else does first.  It seems that being unusually tall attracts a lot of attention, even with folks that have never seen me.  

If one more person asks me "how's the weather is up there", I will respond like some famous NBA player did years ago and spit on their head and tell them it's raining!

"So, do you play basketball?"

#1 question that drives my son nuts (he's somewhere around 6'4" or a little more and hates the game).

3 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

You're a twat, a liar, and a sock.  Whether you're from WLIS, Malaysia, or somewhere in Oz remains to be seen. I suppose that depends on where Grumpy is working these days.

It must be the climate or something, WLIS and OZ seem to produce a large number of socks.  Although there is a rather large sock farm around Austin, TX as well, but that's a solo operation.

So you think ole Grumps may have crawled out from under a rock and has blessed us with his presence again.  Isn't that nice.

So is Dunny ... Grumpy?

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Well no need to get mad about it!

Not getting mad at all, just gets a little tiresome watching people post things that they wouldn't say to or do to someones face.

2 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

#1 question that drives my son nuts (he's somewhere around 6'4" or a little more and hates the game).

I've heard that so many times.  I hate it too.  Coordination was never my strong suit.  My first time in Basic Training I was repeatedly told that I couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time.  One time during some Drill and Ceremonies training (endless marching in formation), my drill sergeant called all of the other drills over and had me repeatedly do a 'rear march' (marching in one direction and pivoting 180 degrees on the command, reversing the direction), to prove to them that is was possible to march with the arm swinging the same as the leg on that side instead of swinging the opposite.  They never did figure out how I managed to do that.  My nickname in Basic was Lurch, from The Addam's Family.

3 minutes ago, mad said:

Not getting mad at all, just gets a little tiresome watching people post things that they wouldn't say to or do to someones face.

But that's what you do every post!  Hypocrisy personified.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, random said:
7 minutes ago, mad said:

But that's what you do every post!  Hypocrisy personified.

From Mad, that's rich.

1 minute ago, mad said:

Not getting mad as all, just gets tiresome watching people post things that they wouldn't say to or do to someones face.

I don't care anymore, I would say the same face to face.  If somebody is that fucked up and wants to beat the shit out of a tired, broken, aging man, they are welcome to try.  I might end up on the losing end, but I could still get a few good licks in.  Tom:  "Wow Dick, where did you get that shiner?"   Dick:  "Hey, you should see the other guy, some 62 year old, half crippled asshole called me a bad name, I showed him!"  Harry:  "Way to go Dick!"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, random said:

So is Dunny ... Grumpy?

That's my working theory. I think Fillyerboots got the flick. Grumpy has never been one to stay away when he's banned, he's almost as insane as akaGP, though he takes a little more time between incarnations.

I've no way of verifying this though. But if you try to have Google translate "Dunyazad" and it identifies the language as Malay. Sounds like Grumpy's friend in the way that Happy Jack is a friend of Nailing Malarkey, to me.

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

That's my working theory. I think Fillyerboots got the flick. Grumpy has never been one to stay away when he's banned, he's almost as insane as akaGP, though he takes a little more time between incarnations.

I've no way of verifying this though. But if you try to have Google translate "Dunyazad" and it identifies the language as Malay. Sounds like Grumpy's friend in the way that Happy Jack is a friend of Nailing Malarkey, to me.

After all those years of dealing with them, I imagine you are pretty good at recognizing them.  You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

From Mad, that's rich.

I've never threatened any poster here, and I'm more than happy to say what I post to peoples faces.

5 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I don't care anymore, I would say the same face to face.  If somebody is that fucked up and wants to beat the shit out of a tired, broken, aging man, they are welcome to try.  I might end up on the losing end, but I could still get a few good licks in.  Tom:  "Wow Dick, where did you get that shiner?"   Dick:  "Hey, you should see the other guy, some 62 year old, half crippled asshole called me a bad name, I showed him!"  Harry:  "Way to go Dick!"

Fair enough, are we done with the threats of violence yet? :)

• Like 1

Just now, mad said:

I've never threatened any poster here, and I'm more than happy to say what I post to peoples faces.

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, mad said:

I have always had a bit of a temper.  I have learned to control it or honestly, I probably would have killed somebody at some point, and I really didn't want to do that.  I am downright mellow compared to what I used to be.  But it's still an ongoing struggle.  We all have our cross to bear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

Hahaha!! You've not read the classics then. Dunyazad had a sister you fool. So you're acting as the hall monitor then? Gathering information?

You need to go enjoy your cruising and get away from this rubbish, it's consuming you (big job I know). Have you made your way to anywhere without shore power?

I'm starting to doubt that this is Grumpy.  He was too fucking dumb to string that many words together.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, random said:

I'm starting to doubt that this is Grumpy.  He was too fucking dumb to string that many word together.

I was just thinking that he sounded awfully literate for Grumpy, too.

3 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

And Porker thinks Dunyazad is Malaysian?

So if you are not Grumpy why are you shafting Porter? 

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I have always had a bit of a temper.  I have learned to control it or honestly, I probably would have killed somebody at some point, and I really didn't want to do that.  I am downright mellow compared to what I used to be.  But it's still an ongoing struggle.  We all have our cross to bear.

I’m exactly the same, that’s why I don’t say anything unless I damn well mean it. Otherwise it becomes the little boy who cried wolf. 

Its just an Internet forum, several steps below a school yard. 

• Like 1

"I didn't say that". Porker is an ass. Grumpy picked it like a nose. You should ask him to substantiate his lie.

BJ allegedly has me on ignore, though strangely enough he cares enough to respond when I’m quoted,  so no point in persuing that line.  

1 minute ago, Dunyazad said:

He's been slagging my mate in this thread. What would you do?

Not convincing.

im-watching-you.jpg

• Downvote 1

Porker has said some nasty shit about you in this thread. You've been the gentleman.

I see a bromance in the making here.

Porker has said some nasty shit about you in this thread. You've been the gentleman.

Just because someone says bad things about you, and your don't respond, doesn't mean you are not a cunt.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

The vitriol and escalation in defending his corner was a surprise......... I think there's probably more to this than meets the eye somehow.  

1 minute ago, mad said:

The vitriol and escalation in defending his corner was a surprise......... I think there's probably more to this than meets the eye somehow.  

1tbive.jpg

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, mad said:

tiresome?  that's what this place exists for dude...

33 minutes ago, mad said:

Given the amount of shit BJ has dealt with here over the years, I can't blame him for being a little testy.  

1 hour ago, random said:
1 hour ago, Dunyazad said:

Hahaha!! You've not read the classics then. Dunyazad had a sister you fool. So you're acting as the hall monitor then? Gathering information?

You need to go enjoy your cruising and get away from this rubbish, it's consuming you (big job I know). Have you made your way to anywhere without shore power?

I'm starting to doubt that this is Grumpy.  He was too fucking dumb to string that many words together.

The bit in bold sounds like #6 or one of the other WLIS twatbuckets. That was a favorite schtick of theirs. Though they started to sound pretty stupid by the time I'd crossed the Pacific...we know that sounding pretty stupid has never been a deterrent for these clowns.

So we know it's a returning troll, one of those turds that is too rich in fat and bullshit to sink to the bottom and get flushed like they are supposed to. The question is which one.

22 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:
57 minutes ago, mad said:

Given the amount of shit BJ has dealt with here over the years, I can't blame him for being a little testy.  

Yeah, I've had a a bellyful over the last decade of people slinging bullshit about me, lying about me, questioning my ethics, morals, and honesty, etc. etc. I've had multiple socks created in my honor just to stalk and harass me. I've had users threaten me physically, legally, and financially. I had one poster swear he had a friend that worked with me that told him I'd been fired from that job, of course mentioning me and the company name in the threads (the truth of course was quite different). I've had threats that someone would report me to the IRS for alleged tax abuse, and I've had people accuse me on the forums of literally killing people. I shit you not.

Once, when I was at a regatta someone picked my credit card number off when I used it in the tent to buy a couple of things, but get this - they ordered stupid and annoying shit to be sent to me, they didn't actually try to use it to steal stuff. Related? Tough to say, but damn it was suspicious that it happened at a regatta.

Not to mention those that have attacked my family. Anyone remember when one user wrote a fantasy scenario about my daughter, aged nine at the time, getting knocked up by Bull Gator? And that one wasn't one of my regular stalkers; THAT one actually apologized and stopped the bullshit.

But what annoys me the most is that I did my damnedest during my time moderating to remain impartial. Much to my own detriment, as it meant I had to leave the shit eaters and poo-flingers like Grumpy, Six, KmCabe, and Edith Bicknell/et al (he had a dozen+ active socks) on the forums and posting and attacking me for YEARS, because simply taking a giant steaming shit on me in public wasn't actually cause to ban their sociopathic asses.

So yes, indeed given all the crap I've put up with from dishonest lying assholes on SA simply because I chose to try and act impartially and honestly in my moderation efforts, I do tend to get a bit testy when some ass-carrot impugns my integrity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I know a chap in a wheelchair who gets that question all the time and it goes like this:

"You know you can play basketball in a wheelchair?"  "No, I can't"

"Of course you can." " No, I can't"

"What makes you say that?" "I don't know the rules. Now fuck off and patronise someone else."

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Yeah, I've had a a bellyful over the last decade of people slinging bullshit about me, lying about me, questioning my ethics, morals, and honesty, etc. etc. I've had multiple socks created in my honor just to stalk and harass me. I've had users threaten me physically, legally, and financially. I had one poster swear he had a friend that worked with me that told him I'd been fired from that job, of course mentioning me and the company name in the threads (the truth of course was quite different). I've had threats that someone would report me to the IRS for alleged tax abuse, and I've had people accuse me on the forums of literally killing people. I shit you not.

Once, when I was at a regatta someone picked my credit card number off when I used it in the tent to buy a couple of things, but get this - they ordered stupid and annoying shit to be sent to me, they didn't actually try to use it to steal stuff. Related? Tough to say, but damn it was suspicious that it happened at a regatta.

Not to mention those that have attacked my family. Anyone remember when one user wrote a fantasy scenario about my daughter, aged nine at the time, getting knocked up by Bull Gator? And that one wasn't one of my regular stalkers; THAT one actually apologized and stopped the bullshit.

But what annoys me the most is that I did my damnedest during my time moderating to remain impartial. Much to my own detriment, as it meant I had to leave the shit eaters and poo-flingers like Grumpy, Six, KmCabe, and Edith Bicknell/et al (he had a dozen+ active socks) on the forums and posting and attacking me for YEARS, because simply taking a giant steaming shit on me in public wasn't actually cause to ban their sociopathic asses.

So yes, indeed given all the crap I've put up with from dishonest lying assholes on SA simply because I chose to try and act impartially and honestly in my moderation efforts, I do tend to get a bit testy when some ass-carrot impugns my integrity.

like i said, lay down with dogs, you gonna get fleas....

starting at the top, this place has always been crazy....expect it.

3 hours ago, yikes said:
4 hours ago, mad said:

tiresome?  that's what this place exists for dude...

Good point :P

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Adults are normally expected to have grown out of temper tantrums and name calling just because somebody else started something a few years ago.:blink:

Image result for leave me alone crying

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mad said:

Adults are normally expected to have grown out of temper tantrums and name calling just because somebody else started something a few years ago.:blink:

Sure. And adults in charge of entire countries should have learned by now not to start wars.  And politicians should have learned by now to stop lying.  And people shouldn't lack the essentials of life, food water and shelter.  We are all human, we all have our flaws.  It is easy to point them out in others because then we can ignore our own.  I am sure that you are like me in that you strive to be a good human.  But we don't always succeed.  I am probably better than some and worse than many others.  I spend a lot of time thinking about my behavior toward others. As you might have noticed, I have a mixed record of achieving my goal of being a nice person here.  But I try hard.  I also think that sometimes people use places like this to blow off a little steam, we all need to do that occasionally.  It's the internet, you can chose to be anonymous, so it's relatively safe to do that.

You could take the high road and just stop engaging BJ.  In the therapy field, we call that taking a one down position.  You can't fight with somebody that won't fight back.  It is the single most useful and effective technique I have ever seen for stopping conflict.  So you are partially to blame as well.  We can't often control other people's behavior.  We can almost always control our own.  Unfortunately, our ego often gets in the way of common sense.  I think the best we can do is always try to be better people.  We won't always succeed but sometimes, it actually works, so it is probably worth the effort.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Given the amount of shit BJ has dealt with here over the years, I can't blame him for being a little    testy   GRUMPY 

fixed

• Like 2

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

The bit in bold sounds

So we know it's a returning troll, one of those turds that is too rich in fat and bullshit to sink to the bottom and get flushed like they are supposed to. The question is which one.

A day sailing/cruising  Far far away from the Rat Race

Does Not count if its spent Fighting/Racing Rats on the interwebz

{change WRONG to A FLICKED SOCK}

duty_calls.png

14 hours ago, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

Shalom my friend. We know you didntt mean to kill that dog in the back of the station wagon in Mexico.  All is forgiven.

But please tell us the secret Storm Trysail inside info before you die. Unburden yourself!  Don't take it to your Grave!  Wave the pink flag of honor!  Where did the SA Americas Cup Challenge money go!!?

It didn't go to me, that's for sure.  Ask the guy who it was sent to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, random said:

So is Dunny ... Grumpy?

191982-131-D3194343.jpg

6 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Sure. And adults in charge of entire countries should have learned by now not to start wars.  And politicians should have learned by now to stop lying.  And people shouldn't lack the essentials of life, food water and shelter.  We are all human, we all have our flaws.  It is easy to point them out in others because then we can ignore our own.  I am sure that you are like me in that you strive to be a good human.  But we don't always succeed.  I am probably better than some and worse than many others.  I spend a lot of time thinking about my behavior toward others. As you might have noticed, I have a mixed record of achieving my goal of being a nice person here.  But I try hard.  I also think that sometimes people use places like this to blow off a little steam, we all need to do that occasionally.  It's the internet, you can chose to be anonymous, so it's relatively safe to do that.

You could take the high road and just stop engaging BJ.  In the therapy field, we call that taking a one down position.  You can't fight with somebody that won't fight back.  It is the single most useful and effective technique I have ever seen for stopping conflict.  So you are partially to blame as well.  We can't often control other people's behavior.  We can almost always control our own.  Unfortunately, our ego often gets in the way of common sense.  I think the best we can do is always try to be better people.  We won't always succeed but sometimes, it actually works, so it is probably worth the effort.  

There's a reason my ignore list is as long as it is.

8 hours ago, yikes said:

like i said, lay down with dogs, you gonna get fleas....

starting at the top, this place has always been crazy....expect it.

Yeah, it may have been misguided to try and help keep this place on the rails when it was starting to grow back then.

This place was never meant to be on the rails. Just sayin'.

I will say, Grumpy is good people. Can be a harsh Aussie, din't get the nic Grumpy for nothin', but good people.

Soak_ed v. Grumpy, hmmmm, I guessing Grumpy might have the upper hand. Nothin' personal Ed.

Mad, you have to stop. My keyboard just can't handle this much coffee and beer.

10 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

I will say, Grumpy is good people. Can be a harsh Aussie, din't get the nic Grumpy for nothin', but good people.

Soak_ed v. Grumpy, hmmmm, I guessing Grumpy might have the upper hand. Nothin' personal Ed.

That honour belongs to BJ, he did provide most of material.....

8 minutes ago, mad said:

That honour belongs to BJ, he did provide most of material.....

You are too modest sir.

41 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

I've met a LOT of Aussies in the last year and a half in country. Mostly delightful people, with the occasional bawdy sense of humor. A number like to "yank chains" and poke fun, but it's all in good spirit and they take as good as they give.

I've not met a single twat of the magnitude of Grump here, anywhere. His order of assholery is, from my experience, atypical and not representative of the Australians I've met.

He's bitter, vicious, spiteful, dishonest and absolutely can not take what he dishes out. There is no spirit of fun in the fellow, he's just flat out nasty.

No wonder the WLIS mafia loves him; birds of a feather and all that.

• Downvote 1

I love how this thread about Clean has turned into an opportunity to try and put the boot into BJ and have a whine about the flicking of Grumpy. Good riddance to Grumpy. He was an evil bullying and lying deadshit. I feel sorry for Mad, he’s lost his little bullying mate. What’s Crabbe without Goyle? I have had plenty of personal grievances with the short arse fucker but the one thing I enjoy the most about his flicking is discussions/ arguments can take place without the endless tag team bullying/ trolling duo. There was a time when Jeffy (in my mind  I see Malfoy) would make some outlandish pro gun etc statement and you could rely on a nasty spiteful response from one or both of his little minions, barely moments after anyone offered a counter response to Jeffy. Mad and Grumpy were/ are sad little sicophants. As I said good riddance Grumpy, Mad I look forward to you fucking off as well. Shouldn’t be long I imagine, bullies are cowards and don’t do well on there own. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, it may have been misguided to try and help keep this place on the rails when it was starting to grow back then.

hindsight is perfect, however in this case there were plenty of warning signs....

people love sailing, and this site is amusing to read.....just don't get too close to the inmates in this asylum, cause they are not well....

11 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Dreadom, I miste allotte of what you discribeng, I finde mad quitte funn.

Snaggie cast a dislike vote. Marke this daye on yoar calender.

In 20 years people will be asking, "So where were you when Snaggeltooth voted to dislike Dreadoms post about ol' Grumps and Mad?"

Grumpy certainly has an edge, but he is a good bloke. I'd buy him some piss anytime.

The guy I really miss, and he and Grumps complimented one another perfectly, is Bum Cleat. R.I.P. friend.

33 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Dreadom, I miste allotte of what you discribeng, I finde mad quitte funn.

I can understand that Snaggy. You are a funny likeable fella. I try to be but I admit I am an opinionated cunt and I tend to attract conflict with other opionated cunts. 

What frustrated, then ultimately amused me was the frequent scenario:

1. Jeffy says “X”

2. Another SA poster responds by saying “Y”

3. Within seconds Grumpy and/or Mad would reply ripping shit out of the SA poster, often not even mentioning or supporting Jeffy’s Stated view. Just thuggish behavior playing the man and not the ball.

I would agree that Mad is can be funnny and he is getting better, but I have trouble forgiving and forgetting.

24 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Snaggie cast a dislike vote. Marke this daye on yoar calender.

In 20 years people will be asking, "So where were you when Snaggeltooth voted to dislike Dreadoms post about ol' Grumps and Mad?"

Grumpy certainly has an edge, but he is a good bloke. I'd buy him some piss anytime.

The guy I really miss, and he and Grumps complimented one another perfectly, is Bum Cleat. R.I.P. friend.

I’m OK if Snaggy and me disagree on Mad. I disagree on heaps of things with LB but he is a straight up fella, I’ve shared plenty of drinks with the guy and look to many more. 

As to Grumpy, he could be funny but the guy was also a complete deadshit. I could put up with his Grumpy schtick but he truly showed his colors to me when he called me a liar and quite a few other things when I once commented that blue truckie singlets are called “Wifebeaters” by some people in Australia. He went off on one, ranting how in all his years working as a trucker and wearing one in Australia no one had ever called it a wife beater. I commented maybe things have changed and when I posted proof of it’s common use now in Australia. He still continued to refute it and call me a liar. Grumps lost all of my respect when he didn’t have the balls to just admit maybe things had changed and he got it wrong. 

13 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

A lot of people talk shit safely behind

the internet curtain ..best to never let it get you wound up

4 minutes ago, captpiratedog said:

A lot of people talk shit safely behind

the internet curtain ..best to never let it get you wound up

Fuck! That escalated quickly. 

• Like 1

Porter took more shit off some of those clowns than I would ever have.  PA has always been a swamp but a couple of cretins were bottom dwellers even there.  I like the guy, never met but he is a no bullshit tell it like it is - and the petty shits that didn't like him crossed wayyyyy over the line.  Of course some of them are reborn with new IDs....  and Grump wasn't the worst of the lot.

• Like 3

I've avoided wading in to this fray, but here goes ...

I've never met BJ so far, but I look forward to the opportunity arising. 

Grumpy was a mate when he lived in Darwin, and we caught up a few times after he went to Balikpapan.  He's a decent bloke in my view.  At some stage BJ did something that Grumpy thought unwarranted, and Grumps fired off a couple of shots.  BJ didn't take that well and sent back a couple of responses in kind.  From there it just escalated and ended up vicious and nasty - both ways.  I have no doubt that each thoroughly despises the other by now, but I think it's a pity - maybe irrecoverable though.  Grumpy wasn't always bad for the forum though - remember his excellent thread "Greetings from the Jungle"?  It was much later that he seemed to become bitter and ceased to engage in a productive way.  That, of course, becomes something of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't know the backstory between Mad and BJ, but it seems to me that something similar is going on.  A slight disagreement becomes a major confrontation.  An interesting factor common to both these fueds is each calling the other a "liar" - I wonder how appropriate that accusation really is - should it be something different?  Each may feel the other is being disingenious, but I don't see where lies come into it.

In my view, the genuine cunts like AKAgp and Malarkey got under BJ's skin over the years and may have caused him to become a tad oversensitive and go on the front foot a bit early. The constant sniping from No 6 would have gotten to me for sure!  On balance, BJ has really demonstrated the patience of a saint, in doing a difficult job out of altruism. Thanks BJ.

The new sock is interesting - I doubt it will take long to pick who has risen from the dead ...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

I've avoided wading in to this fray, but here goes ...

I've never met BJ so far, but I look forward to the opportunity arising. 

Grumpy was a mate when he lived in Darwin, and we caught up a few times after he went to Balikpapan.  He's a decent bloke in my view.  At some stage BJ did something that Grumpy thought unwarranted, and Grumps fired off a couple of shots.  BJ didn't take that well and sent back a couple of responses in kind.  From there it just escalated and ended up vicious and nasty - both ways.  I have no doubt that each thoroughly despises the other by now, but I think it's a pity - maybe irrecoverable though.  Grumpy wasn't always bad for the forum though - remember his excellent thread "Greetings from the Jungle"?  It was much later that he seemed to become bitter and ceased to engage in a productive way.  That, of course, becomes something of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't know the backstory between Mad and BJ, but it seems to me that something similar is going on.  A slight disagreement becomes a major confrontation.  An interesting factor common to both these fueds is each calling the other a "liar" - I wonder how appropriate that accusation really is - should it be something different?  Each may feel the other is being disingenious, but I don't see where lies come into it.

In my view, the genuine cunts like AKAgp and Malarkey got under BJ's skin over the years and may have caused him to become a tad oversensitive and go on the front foot a bit early. The constant sniping from No 6 would have gotten to me for sure!  On balance, BJ has really demonstrated the patience of a saint, in doing a difficult job out of altruism. Thanks BJ.

The new sock is interesting - I doubt it will take long to pick who has risen from the dead ...

Thanks, mate. If I'm near your part of Oz - wherever that is - speak up and pick a pub.

akaGP never got under my skin, nor did Malarkey. GP was batshit crazy, but as a fellow left leaner he always viewed me as some sort of ally and never attacked me. Playing whack-a-mole with his socks was a pain in the ass, but he didn't choose to make it personal with me and I don't believe he ever knew who took him out. Malarkey is a liar and a douche, but he never pulled the over the top personal shit either, in part because I've also opted to respect his boundaries on some topics like his kid.

Now, the assclown brigage - No. 6 (aka Anonymous Guest, Jack Tar/JT, The Shadow, + others), Edith Bicknell (aka Assman, Snapping Vagina, LI Sailor Kid, Dishonest Asshole, BJ Crowhurst and others), KMccabe (5 of 7, Murphy Moose), and a couple of others - these guys made if deeply personal and have gone in for the vicious attacks. Those are the guys that were threatening me, literally libeling me and trying to harm future career prospects, threatening to rile a bogus tip to the IRS on me, etc. Grumpy wandered into that territory of late; Mad is straying in but not really there. Honestly, I have no idea what Mad's malfunction is other than he respects a bunch of lying twats and believes their bullshit. Kind of like Snaggie, but less polite.

Once upon a time Grumpy was fun, and I liked him. Not enough to trust him, but enough to think he was an OK guy. Something changed in his life though. I made the mistaking of confiding to someone else the secret of my role on SA, and from what I can tell that person passed it on to Grumpy - only a couple of people knew from my own mouth, and of those only one was friendly with Grumpy. I believe that Grumpy communicated that information to one or more of the above stalkers, and there then began a concerted multi-year effort to force my ID to become public - ostensibly by abusing the shit out of me. When I went cruising and was off shore away from land too long to clean it up one of them finally get a thread/post to stick without being removed outing my private role as an Admin.

At one point there was some anti-Muslim stuff in PA, and Grumpy very pushily and nastily told me I should take it down. I politely explained to him that we didn't take down any content like that simply because it offended people, and other religions (and lack of religions) had gotten it just as bad over the years. Merely being offensive to someone has never been grounds for removing content on SA1. He called me an anti-religious bigot, anti-Muslim bigot, etc. etc. and accused me of being unwilling to take it down because I was an atheist who hated religion. I shit you not, I still have the PMs somewhere I believe - I have every nasty PM I've received from these clowns over the years still...just ask Malarkey. Then at a later date Grumpy posted a bunch of salacious pictures of the young women that worked around him or in his bar or something, I don't know the specifics. Apparently he regretted it because the monkeys here acted exactly as he should have expected, because he Reported it somehow and asked for it to be removed. I either missed it or was away when he did it, because I knew nothing about it and wasn't involved. ut out of nowhere he popped up and started accusing me of "ruining all these young girls lives" because I'd refused to delete the pictures when asked. As if I was the one dumb enough to post them; he claimed they'd faced real world blowback in their villages for the pictures and it was my fault because I was an arrogant cunt that refused to remove them. I had no idea what the hell he was talking about, but he refused to believe me when I told him. C'est la vie - all these lying cunts assume everyone lies as much as they do, which makes it very difficult to deal with them. The rest with Grumpy? He broke the site rules a lot of times, doing stuff like outing people and using their names intentionally, to intimidate them. This must have been my fault too, because he got very, very upset with me when he was warned and later suspended.

Why would I call Mad a liar? Simple, really. He lied about me. He insisted that Grumpy got banned because I had a personal issue with him, and that I let others that I liked slide by with much worse behavior. That is a lie. If someone has another word for someone that willfully says something about someone that isn't true with no evidence to back it up, I'd love to hear it.

Integrity is important to me; I've made a practice my whole life to try and live by certain standards, even when it cost me. So yes, I will admit to being prickly over issues of honor, especially when I'm dealing with people without any.  A lie is halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on it's pants.

1 - Note, KmCabe lost his shit with me in the exact same fashion over the removal of anti-Catholic rhetoric, making the exact same accusations about and my virulent anti-religious bigotry. Started out snotty, and got down right abusive and threatened legal action if I didn't take it down. Birds of a feather...

Grump should have known better than to post pics of locals between that n other topics that are taboo in indo its a good way to get your house burned down

grumpy.jpg.9c3d3bf6f6c3287c5fae91a81153b054.jpg

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Dunyazad said:

I worked with G in PNG and Indonesia. Nobody was more culturally aware, no one. I think Porter is having selective memory and is re writing history to suit his narrative. Grumps is gagged and Porter can tell the story as he "remembers". I smell a lot of bullshit.

I copied Porter's post and skyped it to G, I want to hear his side of the story. London to a brick Porter is lying.

You can imagine how much I care about what you two assholes think.

Or is it one asshole? This "Friend of Malarkey's" shtick is already stale.

10 hours ago, dreadom said:

I love how this thread about Clean has turned into an opportunity to try and put the boot into BJ and have a whine about the flicking of Grumpy. Good riddance to Grumpy. He was an evil bullying and lying deadshit. I feel sorry for Mad, he’s lost his little bullying mate. What’s Crabbe without Goyle? I have had plenty of personal grievances with the short arse fucker but the one thing I enjoy the most about his flicking is discussions/ arguments can take place without the endless tag team bullying/ trolling duo. There was a time when Jeffy (in my mind  I see Malfoy) would make some outlandish pro gun etc statement and you could rely on a nasty spiteful response from one or both of his little minions, barely moments after anyone offered a counter response to Jeffy. Mad and Grumpy were/ are sad little sicophants. As I said good riddance Grumpy, Mad I look forward to you fucking off as well. Shouldn’t be long I imagine, bullies are cowards and don’t do well on there own. 

There are always 2 sides to every story. 

9 hours ago, dreadom said:

I can understand that Snaggy. You are a funny likeable fella. I try to be but I admit I am an opinionated cunt and I tend to attract conflict with other opionated cunts. 

What frustrated, then ultimately amused me was the frequent scenario:

1. Jeffy says “X”

2. Another SA poster responds by saying “Y”

3. Within seconds Grumpy and/or Mad would reply ripping shit out of the SA poster, often not even mentioning or supporting Jeffy’s Stated view. Just thuggish behavior playing the man and not the ball.

I would agree that Mad is can be funnny and he is getting better, but I have trouble forgiving and forgetting.

Can you post an example of that please? 

7 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Porter took more shit off some of those clowns than I would ever have.  PA has always been a swamp but a couple of cretins were bottom dwellers even there.  I like the guy, never met but he is a no bullshit tell it like it is - and the petty shits that didn't like him crossed wayyyyy over the line.  Of course some of them are reborn with new IDs....  and Grump wasn't the worst of the lot.

Exactly my point, there have been far bigger offenders who have received a very different level of treatment. 

12 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

For someone who doesn’t care, that’s an awful lot of posting going on. :huh:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mad said:
7 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Exactly my point, there have been far bigger offenders who have received a very different level of treatment. 

Who? Name names.

This isn't going well at all. 

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here.  This is the war room!"

3 minutes ago, mad said:

For someone who doesn’t care, that’s an awful lot of posting going on. :huh:

It's two lines, dipshit.

When dealing with liars, one is not answering the liar. One is answering the lie for the rest of the reading public who do not have the benefit of any inside information.

One can lie easily, with a few short words. e.g "B.J. banned Grumpy because he had a personal agenda against him." or "B.J. let some users slide because the liked them."

Unfortunately, the truth is usually more nuanced.

The lies are easy, simple, and with no supporting evidence. Generally it can be dismissed as such, but unfortunately with the way of things here when one liar starts attacking, then others tend to join in and spread the lie. I've watched it happen, I've seen people on SA realize they've been duped. I've had people apologize to me for example for spreading and repeating some of JT's lies about me when I confronted them directly with the source thread where the truth is obvious if you take the time to read it.

Happens all the time.

So the truth and takes a more words and more complex ideas to show and support. It's long and boring, and a lie is quick, fun and exciting.

So thanks for that, starting the hit against me that's been snowballing in bullshit. I appreciate it.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:
3 hours ago, Dunyazad said:

I worked with G in PNG and Indonesia. Nobody was more culturally aware, no one. I think Porter is having selective memory and is re writing history to suit his narrative. Grumps is gagged and Porter can tell the story as he "remembers". I smell a lot of bullshit.

I copied Porter's post and skyped it to G, I want to hear his side of the story. London to a brick Porter is lying.

OK, I've brushed up a bit. I did make one mistake in there - Grumpy attacked me in PUBLIC, at random, throwing out accusations that he'd reported something and I'd told him I wouldn't deletedit.

So he didn't start being an asshole over that incident in PMs. It was in a thead in public, where he exploded over some spleen chewing he'd been doing.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/172612-the-gun-culture-and-the-media/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-5263711

But...he wouldn't tell me what the incident was, WHEN it happened, what thread it was in. Only that I'd PM'd him and told him I wouldn't delete what he wanted deleted. I took it off line and tried to get clarification so I could rectify it if it was still outstanding, or apologize if I fucked up. All Grumpy would do is abuse me.

So I checked, and there was no PM from him anywhere on any topic. I spent a fair amount of time searching my inbox (the inbox search function blows, so it's scrolling through 1100+ PMs). It never happened. Maybe he had a discussion with a moderator, but it wasn't me.

Didn't stop him from hating me for it or blaming me.

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Who? Name names.

I thought you were ignoring me? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mad said:

Can you post an example of that please? 

Related image

55 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

It's two lines, dipshit.

When dealing with liars, one is not answering the liar. One is answering the lie for the rest of the reading public who do not have the benefit of any inside information.

One can lie easily, with a few short words. e.g "B.J. banned Grumpy because he had a personal agenda against him." or "B.J. let some users slide because the liked them."

Unfortunately, the truth is usually more nuanced.

The lies are easy, simple, and with no supporting evidence. Generally it can be dismissed as such, but unfortunately with the way of things here when one liar starts attacking, then others tend to join in and spread the lie. I've watched it happen, I've seen people on SA realize they've been duped. I've had people apologize to me for example for spreading and repeating some of JT's lies about me when I confronted them directly with the source thread where the truth is obvious if you take the time to read it.

Happens all the time.

So the truth and takes a more words and more complex ideas to show and support. It's long and boring, and a lie is quick, fun and exciting.

So thanks for that, starting the hit against me that's been snowballing in bullshit. I appreciate it.

You’re welcome 

1 minute ago, captpiratedog said:

Related image

Not me really....

36 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

OK, I've brushed up a bit. I did make one mistake in there - Grumpy attacked me in PUBLIC, at random, throwing out accusations that he'd reported something and I'd told him I wouldn't deletedit.

So he didn't start being an asshole over that incident in PMs. It was in a thead in public, where he exploded over some spleen chewing he'd been doing.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/172612-the-gun-culture-and-the-media/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-5263711

But...he wouldn't tell me what the incident was, WHEN it happened, what thread it was in. Only that I'd PM'd him and told him I wouldn't delete what he wanted deleted. I took it off line and tried to get clarification so I could rectify it if it was still outstanding, or apologize if I fucked up. All Grumpy would do is abuse me.

So I checked, and there was no PM from him anywhere on any topic. I spent a fair amount of time searching my inbox (the inbox search function blows, so it's scrolling through 1100+ PMs). It never happened. Maybe he had a discussion with a moderator, but it wasn't me.

Didn't stop him from hating me for it or blaming me.

So who’s calling who a liar then? 

2 minutes ago, mad said:

So who’s calling who a liar then? 

give it a rest dude....20K posts and its all a fucking waste of your time

• Like 1