Sign in to follow this  
VhmSays

Stormy relations with Russia

Trump and Western Allies Expel Scores of Russians in Sweeping Rebuke Over U.K. Poisoning

President Donald Trump on Monday ordered the expulsion of 60 Russian diplomats the US identified as intelligence agents and the closure of the Russian consulate in Seattle, the most forceful action Trump has taken against Russia to date. Of those being expelled, 48 of the alleged intelligence agents work at the Russian embassy in Washington and 12 are posted at the United Nations in New York, senior administration officials said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/26/world/europe/trump-russia-diplomats-expulsion.html

His latest tweet "So much Fake News. Never been more voluminous or more inaccurate. But through it all, our country is doing great!"

Thats the way these things work

this is a NATO response to the british. Nerve agent incedent 

i expect all NATO members to behave the same 

The actions came less than a week after Trump spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin to congratulate him on his reelection.... and did not mention the poisoning attack.

When I read the OP I thought Stormy was doing Vlad the Impaler.

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

When I read the OP I thought Stormy was doing Vlad the Impaler.

She's been impaled many times but not by Vlad,  Dirk Diggler perhaps

A few days back a private Presidential call was leaked with with some interesting details. 

Trump had congratulated Putin on his "win";  Trump's briefing papers had contained the phrase "DO NOT CONGRATULATE";

Trump did not broach the subject of the poisoning of a former Russia spy and his daughter on British soil; Trump was urged via talking points to bring up the poisoning.

UK's allies expelled Russian diplomats today, 23 days after a Novichok nerve agent was used in Salisbury. 

Did the leak have an effect on the US response? What back channel negotiations are on to soften the blow?

The only people Trump avoids bad mouthing and bullying are those who have something on him and can hit back as with Stormy, so what does Putin have on him?

I think the consensus is evidence of shady financial dealings.

Trump was such a business fuckup that Western banks would no longer lend him money so the suspicion is that he got it from Russian oligarchs who are all in Vlad's orbit.

Either they have serious dirt on him or they will cut him off and bankrupt him if he doesn't dance to their tune.

• Like 1

LOOK! A SQUIRREL!

I just watched a 2 hour bio of Putin on History.

Not much new for anyone who has followed the news this century but there was one bit that was vastly amusing to anyone who lived through the cold war.

It detailed how the Russian state controlled media suckered and co-opted the Alt.Right media in the States into becoming effectively the unwitting mouthpieces for what Russia wanted Americans to believe - both about Russian activities and to interfere with and steer the last Presidential election.

A couple of the insiders who explained it were American journalists who had worked for a Russian state controlled TV channel in their Washington operation. They eventually quit when the meddling and propaganda became so blatant they just couldn't be involved anymore. A couple of Russians who were involved told the same story.

It was vastly entertaining to hear what suckers and puppets of the Kremlin people like Bannon and Breitbart, Newsmax etc. were and are. The very people who in the past would have been railing against commies and pinkos have become the primary tools of those commie pinkos. They were played like an organ grinders monkey. Useful Idiots indeed.

The Russians didn't want Clinton because they were afraid of her. They wanted Trump.

And look who they got.

And the idiot extreme right wingers and their media played an integral part. Vlad must be justifiably proud as well as vastly amused.

:lol:

Do you have a link to the excerpt. A couple college buddies have been totally suckered in by the Russian propaganda and I enjoy rubbing their face in it.  They're just like our local dupes, Dog and Happy. Still talking about email.

Sorry - TV show on History channel. I'm sure it will be replayed.