Sign in to follow this  
Mid

Laura Ingraham

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

If I remember correctly he was 8!!!!   Not going to debate a story from 5 years ago unless he Was he charged?  Did the story ever resurface after it originally was broken.

Your reaching  because you got called out for being a dick.   

Still defending?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Read the first post he didn’t say my comments were close he claimed they were third railish.

Read the rules - that's not breaking or even bending it. Claiming someone said something "third railish" is not written approval of paedophilia. I can accuse someone of being, or imply someone is, a paedophile without approving of it. The accusation or implication of paedophilia is rule breaking. Accusing someone of breaking the rules is not.

You have enough to dismiss the guy's accusation (such as it is) without having to prove you're just as petty. But hey, you go for it if you have to, having a reasonable 'out' hasn't stopped you doubling down on the stupid in the past. :rolleyes: 

 

Quote

You’re  the word smith expert.  I really don’t care which is why I posed it as a question rather than an accusation. 

If you don't care - you wouldn't have asked. 

 

Quote

He is pissed because I called him out on his vile comments over the death of a kid so now he is making claims from something 5 years ago.  

It does seem that way, yes. No arguments there. Ease the sheet has demonstrated he's of pretty low character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ease the sheet said:

Still defending?

Still pissed that everyone now knows you are a dick?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

Still pissed that everyone now knows you are a dick?  

That my votes are better than your votes suggests the only dick here is yours and its covered in footprints.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2018 at 9:15 AM, nacradriver said:

Actually no I haven't, but, and are you ready for this, have a friend that does sells media advertising in the Los Angeles market. Through many conversations while sailing I have picked up a thing or two.. They make a pretty good living too, so they must know what the hell they are doing let alone talking about..

The purpose of your question?

I have, and the purpose of the buy is to target broadcasts that appeal to the audience that is most likely to buy your product or service. Much effort goes into this including demographic, psychograpic and geographic research on the target. This also includes research on recency, frequency and loyalty, but I won't bother you with details. If I place an ad on Fox News, I'm picking the exact show on which it airs, and if I'm willing to spend the extra bucks, I'm picking the exact time slot plus or minus a few minutes. So yes, companies that boycott Laura Ingraham or 60 minutes or whomever can make a huge difference in the programming decisions made by their host networks (or producers). Celebrities like Trump or Ingraham may live by ratings, but their bosses live by advertising revenue.

<edit> and this is the reason that Facebook and Google are doing such great business. If you're using Chrome, Explorer, or god forbid Chromium, or have frequent interactions with Yahoo, Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest or any number of social networking sites, you've basically given up your soul to advertisers, and god knows whom else.

Who knows? Scooter may be collecting more than just raw click data.Even Slappy Malarkey Hillary Again Jack(ing off Trump at every chance) admitted to trying to identify members here by their IP addresses. Frankly, I think he should have permanently banned for that, but the moderators obviously felt otherwise. Probably because it was all just more bullshit on his part anyway. </edit>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Still pissed that everyone now knows you are a dick?  

The only dick here, and it is a limp one, belongs to Trump, and the number of you standing in line to wrap your lips around it is astonishing and more than mildly distasteful.

Or I assume it would be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

All of this assumes that Hapless actually told the truth some time in the past about suffering the tragedy of losing a son.

Based on the unbroken stream of shit of his that I have read over the years that is not an assumption I'm willing to make.

I assume nothing. When I heard the news I made a sort of Pascal's wager with myself about deriding him. To me, personally, the risk of mocking someone who actually HAD lost a kid was too high versus the chances he was lying.

 

Since then, I've independently verified the story to my own satisfaction. I've seen death notices and funeral memorials that match up the names I know to be true.

There is no assumption - this happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, benwynn said:

And he is still here.  I find that incredible. 

Well, he has learnt his lesson and does try to avoid responding to BJ's posts. He misjudged how far he could push BJ last time... good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, benwynn said:

And he is still here.  I find that incredible. 

He seems to be interested in some twisted form of self-flagellation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Remodel said:

If you're using Chrome, Explorer, or god forbid Chromium, or have frequent interactions with Yahoo, Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest or any number of social networking sites, you've basically given up your soul to advertisers, and god knows whom else.

index.png.f10e6314435f1cd6ce555baa52860a9f.png

https://adblockplus.org/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ease the sheet said:

The prick has nowhere else to go.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

I'm pretty sure that if the Russian Troll Farm starts backing you, you're probably doing something wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like FOX is not going to let a petulant teenager bully them  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/04/03/fox-news-supports-laura-ingraham-advertiser-boycott/482145002/

Fox News co-president Jack Abernethy said in a statement:

"We cannot and will not allow voices to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts," Abernethy said. "We look forward to having Laura Ingraham back hosting her program next Monday when she returns from spring vacation with her children."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Petulant teenager".....

I don't think Trump has been bullying Fox... But I could be wrong.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Looks like FOX is not going to let a petulant teenager bully them  

 

Fox News co-president Jack Abernethy said in a statement the network will welcome her back on the air Monday. Ingraham took what the network called a pre-planned vacation this week. 

"We cannot and will not allow voices to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts," Abernethy said. "We look forward to having Laura Ingraham back hosting her program next Monday when she returns from spring vacation with her children."

What makes him petulant?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

What makes him petulant?  

My opinion:  the transcripts show He was hoping to get sympathy for not getting into the colleges he wanted to.  His implication was his recent activism played a part in his rejection.  

Ingraham mocked him which was over the top, no argument.   He responded by going after her livelihood.  So far I don’t have an issue.  Then She apologized and he refused like a petulant child to accept that apology until she attacked her employer for their alledged attitude against his activism.  He then doubled down going after her livelihood  further

Overall the original exchange  should not be some career ending comment.  

Much worse is directed at public figures  all the time and like it or not he is a public figure.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Looks like FOX is not going to let a petulant teenager bully them  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/04/03/fox-news-supports-laura-ingraham-advertiser-boycott/482145002/

Fox News co-president Jack Abernethy said in a statement:

"We cannot and will not allow voices to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts," Abernethy said. "We look forward to having Laura Ingraham back hosting her program next Monday when she returns from spring vacation with her children."

How is he "censoring" her?  Sounds like his exercising his freedom of speech after she used hers and letting a free market decide where it stands on her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

How is he "censoring" her?  Sounds like his exercising his freedom of speech after she used hers and letting a free market decide where it stands on her.

Take it up with management at FOX That is their comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

My opinion:  the transcripts show He was hoping to get sympathy for not getting into the colleges he wanted to.  His implication was his recent activism played a part in his rejection.  

Ingraham mocked him which was over the top, no argument.   He responded by going after her livelihood.  So far I don’t have an issue.  Then She apologized and he refused like a petulant child to accept that apology until she attacked her employer for their alledged attitude against his activism.  He then doubled down going after her livelihood  further

Overall the original exchange  should not be some career ending comment.  

Much worse is directed at public figures  all the time and like it or not he is a public figure.  

 

Transcripts? He's a KID, who before his friends got slaughtered had a few hundred followers on Twitter.

Some of his Tweets were personal before, some were after. I read his tweets about not getting into college - they came out in the midst of him talking about other things going on in his life with media interviews. It was NORMAL CONVERSATION from a teenager about something going on in his life that was just an added stress that every kid deals with.

This, while dealing with the abnormal stress of death threats, violence threats, and a constant stream of hate and bile from Patriotic Americans (tm) like you.

You really are becoming an unmitigated tool with your dedicated Trump swallowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

How is he "censoring" her?  Sounds like his exercising his freedom of speech after she used hers and letting a free market decide where it stands on her.

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:
6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

How is he "censoring" her?  Sounds like his exercising his freedom of speech after she used hers and letting a free market decide where it stands on her.

Take it up with management at FOX That is their comment. 

Obviously every right wing tool and stooge has a constitutional right to a TV show to spread their propaganda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TM has definitely gone looking for wind on starboard tack lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Transcripts? He's a KID, who before his friends got slaughtered had a few hundred followers on Twitter.

Some of his Tweets were personal before, some were after. I read his tweets about not getting into college - they came out in the midst of him talking about other things going on in his life with media interviews. It was NORMAL CONVERSATION from a teenager about something going on in his life that was just an added stress that every kid deals with.

This, while dealing with the abnormal stress of death threats, violence threats, and a constant stream of hate and bile from Patriotic Americans (tm) like you.

You really are becoming an unmitigated took with your dedicated Trump swallowing.

Hey BJ.  That was my only comment on any of the threads about the parkland situation  a simple point that FOX was standing behind their host. 

I fully support their right to protest

I agree with their agenda including better background checks and no high capacity magazines  

i have a kid in HS and want better security   

Gee didn’t you demand an apology when I mistakenly lumped you in with some haters?   

I doubt you will extend me the same  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

TM has definitely gone looking for wind on starboard tack lately.

 

SloopJonB:

 

So FUCK YOU AND YOUR LYING BULLSHIT about "compassionate progressives".

You and your elk are nothing but FUCKING LYING COCKSUCKERS who need to suffer a mass shooting yourselves before you open your fucking lying cocksucking mouths one more time.

 

And if I didn't make myself clear - FUCK YOU AND YOUR LYING COCKSUCKING ELK.

 

I think you have said enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SloopJonB said:

Not nearly enough.

 

SloopJonB:

 

So FUCK YOU AND YOUR LYING BULLSHIT about "compassionate progressives".

You and your elk are nothing but FUCKING LYING COCKSUCKERS who need to suffer a mass shooting yourselves before you open your fucking lying cocksucking mouths one more time.

 

And if I didn't make myself clear - FUCK YOU AND YOUR LYING COCKSUCKING ELK.

 

Screaming doesn’t eliminate the hatred in your heart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Take it up with management at FOX That is their comment. 

You felt the need to copy and paste that passage from the cite you shared. 

Were you oblivious when you did that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

The Jon-boat is sinking fast.

Sorry I neglected the sarcasm font.

I keep forgetting it's essential with you idiots.

I've corrected my error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You felt the need to copy and paste that passage from the cite you shared. 

Were you oblivious when you did that?

I pointed out, in a thread about Laura Ingrahams troubles that her employer was standing behind her.  

My cite showed the reason why they were standing behind her. 

Not sure where the outrage is coming from  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

I pointed out, in a thread about Laura Ingrahams troubles that her employer was standing behind her.  

My cite showed the reason why they were standing behind her. 

Not sure where the outrage is coming from  

 

No surprise there, it is Faux News after all. They will stand behind anyone who will stand up for Trump, especially since they seem to be his circle of advisors right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

My opinion:  the transcripts show He was hoping to get sympathy for not getting into the colleges he wanted to.  His implication was his recent activism played a part in his rejection.

And this is where you go from plausible deniability (FOX said it, not me) into someone "looking for wind on a starboard tack". As has been pointed out, this was one of the many personal things discussed in the many interviews he was having, in which a variety of things he found hard about life were raised. When you accuse him of making the implication it was due to his activism - you are seeking something to castigate him on.

But hey, you got the response you were after. You make slimy accusations of a kid's motivation from the safety of an anonymous forum and get to act all aggrieved when called out for it in less than polite terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Not sure where the outrage is coming from  

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

My opinion:  the transcripts show He was hoping to get sympathy for not getting into the colleges he wanted to.  His implication was his recent activism played a part in his rejection.

There you go. That wasn't so difficult, just look for the part where you forget to quote someone else making the insults you want to continue levelling against the kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

What makes him petulant?  

I'm guessing piles..... Or hemorrhoids....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

And this is where you go from plausible deniability (FOX said it, not me) into someone "looking for wind on a starboard tack". As has been pointed out, this was one of the many personal things discussed in the many interviews he was having, in which a variety of things he found hard about life were raised. When you accuse him of making the implication it was due to his activism - you are seeking something to castigate him on.

But hey, you got the response you were after. You make slimy accusations of a kid's motivation from the safety of an anonymous forum and get to act all aggrieved when called out for it in less than polite terms.

Slimy?  Did you even hear the TMZ interview?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Slimy?  Did you even hear the TMZ interview?

Yes, slimy. Yes, I've watched that question and answer session. I even listened to the questions asked afterward and his answers to them. He had every opportunity (and a not so subtle push from the interviewer) to make the claim you wish to believe he was implying. He didn't do so.

Given how little "wind" you've got for the passage you wish to travel, I found the starboard tack comment most apropos. Hats off to the person that coined it and to Sloop for applying it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I thought I coined it.

:unsure:

The double well done to you. It's a good line with use well beyond the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this