Sign in to follow this  
Mohammed Bin Lyin

Florida students walk out in support of 2A

Florida high school students walk out in support of second amendment, right to own guns

MELBOURNE, Fla. — A group of students from Rockledge High School in Brevard County, Fla., briefly walked out of class Friday to show their support for the Second Amendment

About 75 students, according to a head count by school administrators, walked onto the school's track carrying the American flag and signs that said "guns don't kill people, people kill people" and "I support the right to bear arms." The event lasted about 20 minutes and then students returned to class. 

The demonstration was organized by Chloe Deaton, a sophomore, and Anna Delaney, a junior, who are part of Rockledge High's Criminal Justice and Legal Studies Academy.

Deaton — who was wearing a T-shirt that read, "my rights don't end where your feelings begin" — said the event was meant to clear misconceptions about the Second Amendment, not support or oppose any particular political stances.  

After the playing of the national anthem and "God Bless America" over the loudspeakers, she told the group of students, "We were built on certain rights and that was one of the original rights, that we should have the right to bear arms."

Delaney read a quote from former President Ronald Reagan, who at a 1983 banquet for the National Rifle Association said, "The Constitution does not say that government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says '... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.'"

The walkout comes after the National Student Walkout on March 14, when students from 2,800 schools across the United States walked out of class for 17 minutes to protest gun violence. That event came one month after the shooting at Parkland's Marjory Stone Douglas High School that left 17 dead.

At least 15 schools in Brevard had walkouts, including Rockledge High School, where students stood on the football field to form a heart. 

Deaton said it was important to make sure other students' voices were heard. Some students who participated in Friday's Second Amendment walkout wore camouflage clothing and President Trump's "Make America Great Again" hats. They carried "don't tread on me" flags and black-and-blue-striped American flags that are often used to show support for law enforcement. 

"It's all over the news right now that all students hate guns. I wanted to show that not all students feel that way," said Zachary Schneider, a junior at Rockledge.

More: High schoolers still like their guns, even after Parkland

Although organizers said the event was not endorsing any specific political beliefs, many students who participated said they do not support a new law that raised the legal age to purchase guns, and would support a marshal program to train and arm school staff to respond during an active shooter situation. 

More: Trump change on minimum age for buying a gun is the latest example of his policy zigzags

"I finally got old enough to buy my own ammunition and my own guns, and I lost it again," Schneider said, referring to the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act.

The Safety Act, which was signed into law by Gov. Rick Scott in response to the shooting in Parkland, raised the legal age to purchase guns from a licensed dealer from 18 to 21; puts in place a three-day waiting period to purchase long rifles and other long guns; and bans the sale and possession of bump stocks, devices that make a semi-automatic weapon shoot nearly as fast as a fully automatic weapon.

The law also implements regulations to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. 

The Safety Act did not ban assault-style weapons, like the AR-15 Nikolas Cruz used to kill 14 students and three adults at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Valentine's Day, ignoring a call from some of the shooting's survivors.

Daniel Howard, a freshman, compared banning some types of guns to banning spoons because they make people fat, cars because they make people drive drunk or pencils because they make people misspell words. 

Event organizers and participants said they were disappointed the student walkouts on March 14, marking a month since the Parkland shooting, turned political. Deaton said the original purpose of the student walkouts was to honor the victims of the shooting, but parents and social media warped the message to support gun control. 

"In the beginning, it started as a memorial to the Parkland students. And that's how it should have stayed," Deaton said.

Walkouts in Washington, D.C., and the March for Our Lives event March 24 was organized by some of the Parkland students who survived the shooting.

Emma Gonzalez and David Hogg — Marjory Stoneman Douglas students who have become the face of the movement for safer schools and tighter gun laws — have specifically called for a ban on assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines.

Unlike many of the students who turned out to march across the Eau Gallie Causeway as part of the local March for Our Lives rally in Melbourne, students at the Second Amendment Rockledge walkout on Friday said they support implementing a marshal plan to train and arm school staff.

"If they (school staff) are capable, we should allow it. They're just going to tell us to hide during a school shooting?" John King, a junior, said in disbelief. 

"I personally believe it's a good idea, as long as they're trained and have the knowledge," Delaney added. 

Under the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act, the state provided $67 million for local sheriff's offices to develop programs to provide training to school districts, if local school boards approve the program.

Before the law was passed, Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey proposed a similar program to the School Board that would train anonymous school employees who volunteer and allow them to carry a gun in a concealed holster on their hip. The School Board has not taken a stance on the proposal yet. 

More: Guns in school: It's not just an idea. Here's how some states are already doing it

Vickie Hickey, principal of Rockledge High School, said the school treated Friday's  event exactly like it treated the walkouts that took place March 14. She said both events were completely student-driven.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/03/31/florida-high-school-students-walk-out-guns-second-amendment/475486002/

At least there are some students who respect your constitution which is a change from the tide pod eating idiots.

• Downvote 1

crisis actors............

75 kids.

How many were at those anti-gun rallies again?

You can always find a few morons to support any sort of stupid shit - the USA is an enormous place.

You could probably find 75 kids to support eating Tide pods.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

75 kids.

You can always find a few morons to support any sort of stupid shit - the USA is an enormous place.

True, but don't despair! Although they may not want to skip class to make a point, there are lots of kids who agree with you and me that TeamD grabberz should not ban (assault weapons, our .22's).

• Downvote 1

.22!

22 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

75 kids.

It would be interesting to see the folks who gleefully posted cites saying the March for Our Lives only had 200,000 people participate, in an attempt to deride it or make it seem inconsequential, try to explain why a walkout of 75 students is significant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ease the sheet said:

Kids dont vote......

They will. 

Seventy five kids vs...

1062889984.jpg

Yeah, you run with that MBL. Moron. :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

I can tell you these kids are fired up in a way I’ve not seen in the previous two decades. They are involved, informed, and incensed. 

• Like 1

Everybody has an opinion, and they have the right to voice them.

It's not the amount of people that show up that make a movement right.

It's whether I agree with them or not that makes them right.

54 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Everybody has an opinion, and they have the right to voice them.

It's not the amount of people that show up that make a movement right.

It's whether I agree with them or not that makes them right.

All true. And yet MBL's post is still stupid and offensive. Which is about all he tends to have when it comes to guns.

7 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

All true. And yet MBL's post is still stupid and offensive. Which is about all he tends to have when it comes to guns.

so true.  He's a weird guy, that's for sure.

Blue-Steel syndrome.

3 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Blue-Steel syndrome.

Ha! He wishes he had the look :P 

Zoolander-Blue-Steel-look-min.png

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I can tell you these kids are fired up in a way I’ve not seen in the previous two decades. They are involved, informed, and incensed. 

Can you tell us any specific political outcome that they want?

Wait, let me guess...

What do the kids want again?

The Parkland kids, at once tearful and cutting, publicly called out the NRA’s influence on national politics, and shamed the leaders they considered responsible for the nation’s lax gun laws. (Privately, they have dubbed Florida Governor Rick Scott “Voldemort” and called Senator Marco Rubio some names that are unprintable.) Their voices quickly went viral. González had no Twitter account before the shooting—11 days later, she had more followers than the NRA. They called for specific changes like a renewed assault-weapons ban, universal background checks and digitized gun—ownership records.

Gee, look what tops the list again. Banning (assault weapons, our .22's) again.

• Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

Can you tell us what it is that you find stupid and offensive? These kids having an opinion that's contrary to yours? That MBL brought it to your attention? 

At least there are some students who respect your constitution which is a change from the tide pod eating idiots.

The only thing MBL stated about the subject. Some kids (and a large number of US voting adults from the looks of the rallies) have a different opinion than MBL does and so they are, in his mind, the equivalent of "tide pod eating idiots". That is both stupid and offensive.

1 hour ago, Dunyazad said:

If that comment offends you you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

It doesn't offend me. It is offensive. I am not the one his comment was intended to offend. 

You alone have drawn the equivalence, it's your presumption of another's opinion with your mind reading powers.

The article draws a comparison between the two groups of students. There is no indication whatsoever that those eating tide pods have an opinion one way or the other on the US Constitution. MBL has a history of claiming anyone disagreeing with his view on guns has no respect for the US Constitution and has expressed similar opinions about previous movements supporting gun control. 

There is no mind reading necessary. Just common sense. I'm not surprised you don't have enough to get it. 

Do you not agree that the tide pod eaters are idiots?

I do. They have nothing whatsoever to do with either walkout and it is clear to anyone with IQ over 40 why MBL brought them up. My condolences you lack the capability to understand that. 

14 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

You're just a troll then. I won't sink to your level. 

You sunk below my level when you pretended to believe MBL's statements were unrelated to the students who rallied against his view on guns.

Polite dishonesty is always worse than an honest insult. Your dishonesty tars your character more than anything I've said about you. 

9 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

Still trolling. 

Indeed you are.

I responded directly to what you posted. If you believe the subject of whether either of us is a troll to be off topic, you should perhaps not to raise the subject. 

As you did. Again. 

3 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Zq4i3io.jpg

So, the kids who are speaking out against guns are children, who are being manipulated by adults, and serving only as mouthpieces.

But, that doesn't apply to this kid, huh?

Consistency is not strong with you.

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Good for them. They should learn to exercise their rights. 

As long as they don’t take a knee to protest dead black kids. That’s unAmerican and scary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:
4 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Zq4i3io.jpg

So, the kids who are speaking out against guns are children, who are being manipulated by adults, and serving only as mouthpieces.

But, that doesn't apply to this kid, huh?

Consistency is not strong with you.

Alarm bells about a disturbed boy are ignored; police fail to do their job; but somehow it's all the NRA's fault. What stupidity.

7 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Alarm bells about a disturbed boy are ignored; police fail to do their job; but somehow it's all the NRA's fault. What stupidity.

Imagine that is what I said or thought.  Just, imagine.

19 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
On ‎2‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:16 AM, SloopJonB said:

75 kids.

It would be interesting to see the folks who gleefully posted cites saying the March for Our Lives only had 200,000 people participate, in an attempt to deride it or make it seem inconsequential, try to explain why a walkout of 75 students is significant

If they had more time to organise it like March for our lives they could have had more turn up.

Public demonstrations, especially those that are large-scale like March For Our Lives, require a permit from the police department of the city in which the demonstration will take place.

European political researcher Ole Dammegard contacted the Metropolitan D. C. Police Department concerning the permit for the March For Our Lives demonstration in Washington, D.C.

Dammegard received this email from Officer Scott C. Earhardt of the Homeland Security Bureau of the Metropolitan Police Department:

Good morning,

In reference to your inquiry concerning the March For Our Lives Demonstration, here in the District of Columbia on March 24, 2018. MPD received a permit application several months prior to the actual event, and there was several months of planning for this large event.

If your are requesting additional information reference this event, please follow the below steps to file your Freedom of Information Act request:

foia-dc.gov/App/Index.aspx

If your have any additional question sor concerns, please feel free in contacting me directly.

Officer Scott C. Earhardt, Badge No. 2372

Homeland Security Bureau
Special Operations Division
Planning and Logistics
Metropolitan Police Department
2850 New York Ave., N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20002
202-671-6529 (Office)
202-671-6522 (Planning)
202-671-6511 (Station)

Scott.Earhardt@dc.gov

Questions:

1. How can Never Again MSD apply for a permit “several months” BEFORE the group had even been formed?
  2. How can an application be made for a permit for a “March For Our Lives” demonstration “several months” BEFORE the Parkland MSD school shooting that galvanized MSD students to form the Never Again MSD group that organized the demonstration?

http://www.investmentwatchblog.com/foi-request-reveals-that-march-for-our-lives-was-planned-months-in-advance-long-before-shooting-took-place/

As for who turned up for March for our lives it was mostly adults.

Here’s who actually attended the March for Our Lives. (No, it wasn’t mostly young people.)

Like other resistance protests, and like previous gun-control marches, the March for Our Lives was mostly women. Whereas the 2017 Women’s March was 85 percent women, the March for Our Lives was 70 percent women. Further, participants were highly educated; 72 percent had a BA or higher.

Contrary to what’s been reported in many media accounts, the D.C. March for Our Lives crowd was not primarily made up of teenagers. Only about 10 percent of the participants were under 18. The average age of the adults in the crowd was just under 49 years old,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/03/28/heres-who-actually-attended-the-march-for-our-lives-no-it-wasnt-mostly-young-people/?tid=ss_tw-amp

8 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

If they had more time to organise it like March for our lives they could have had more turn up. And, who is responsible for that?

As for who turned up for March for our lives it was mostly adults.  I know who was there.  I was there.  Along with a few hundred thousand others.

That still does not mean I am blaming the NRA (like you posted in Post #31).

Another swing......and, another miss.

2 hours ago, Dunyazad said:

Good luck. You're not interested in discussion, you think you're winning with insult and italics. And multi quotes.

I can't be bothered with that shit. Best put me on ignore now.....

You can't be bothered... And yet continue to respond to me here and in other threads. I have no intention of putting you on ignore - it's kind of fun mocking gutless morons who fuck up a mere twenty-four hours after making a new sock account. 

You're free to do so if you can't handle it though. Handle, heat, kitchen and all that. 

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Another swing......and, another miss.

What did you expect? MBL can't even get things right about his own country's views on guns. 

3 hours ago, Dunyazad said:

Good luck. You're not interested in discussion, you think you're winning with insult and italics. And multi quotes.

Dun.

4 hours ago, Dunyazad said:

this for a 12 post newbie ............................

who's sock is this :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dunyazad said:

Okay.

On 4/1/2018 at 2:16 PM, SloopJonB said:

75 kids.

If the NRA had organized a march and paid for the students to go to Washington. As the left did with their marches. The 2nd amendment marches would not have been very large. Most of us have jobs to go to. 

9 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

All true. And yet MBL's post is still stupid and offensive. Which is about all he tends to have.

FIFY

9 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Wait, let me guess...

They want your .22

1 hour ago, chinabald said:

If the NRA had organized a march and paid for the students to go to Washington. As the left did with their marches. The 2nd amendment marches would not have been very large. Most of us have jobs to go to. 

The March for Our Lives was held on a Saturday (March 24, 2018).

9 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

29572468_1826606547377573_20474219157400

Haha, excellent point.  Pick one.....

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

Do you believe the average citizen with an AR15 will be able to stand up to the military, should it come to that?

How about if they get together at Steve's house and form a neighborhood watch?  

Seriously, I don't see things working out in that scenario.

1 hour ago, chinabald said:

If the NRA had organized a march and paid for the students to go to Washington. As the left did with their marches.

Who exactly is this "Left" that paid for hundreds of thousands of students to attend?

4 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Keeriste are you easily amused.

You must collapse to the floor when a child tells you a Knock Knock joke.

Police legally seizing guns under Washington red flag laws - The Parkland Effect

And see, the second amendment has not gone up in flames: 

"SEATTLE – Alexander Mckenzie, a 31-year-old Army veteran who, according to court documents, is being treated for post-traumatic stress disorder, recently had his gun confiscated by the Seattle Police Department even though he had committed no crime. 

It’s one of 27 guns seized legally by the Seattle Police Department from 16 individuals since last July under Washington State’s new Extreme Risk Protection Order law. 

McKenzie had been acting strange, glaring at customers of a pizza restaurant while carrying his handgun. He now agrees with the firearm seizure. 

“I’m grateful that the police got the gun away from me,” McKenzie told Fox News. 

Washington is one of six states with high risk or red flag laws. But in the wake of the Parkland school shooting, the Brady Campaign says at least 30 states are considering them." 

http://www.worshipmedia.ca/2018/04/02/police-legally-seizing-guns-under-red-flag-laws/ 

Seattle Police First To Seize Gun Under Washington’s New Mental Health Law 

"In the wake of a recent rash of mass shootings in the United States, the Seattle Police Department became the first in the state of Washington to confiscate a citizen’s gun under a newly-enacted law. The law, called an “Extreme Risk Protection Order,” allows police officers in the state to disarm and confiscate the weapons from people deemed to be a danger to others or to themselves. 

As KOMO News reports, the private citizen who had his .25 caliber gun confiscated has not been publicly named. However, he was reportedly “well known” to his neighbors for wandering the hallways of his Belltown apartment complex carrying his gun, as well as for “staring down” customers of local businesses while packing his weapon. According to Seattle police, the unidentified man had been making people uncomfortable and intimidating them for approximately a year before his gun was confiscated." 

https://www.inquisitr.com/4817690/seattle-police-first-to-seize-gun-under-washingtons-new-mental-health-law/ 

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Do you believe the average citizen with an AR15 will be able to stand up to the military, should it come to that?

How about if they get together at Steve's house and form a neighborhood watch?  

Seriously, I don't see things working out in that scenario.

The average citizen on their own as an outlier or a small fringe group???  Probably not well.  As a mass national uprising, the jury is out.  How did the average citizen in Afghanistan armed with only AK-47s do when they stood up to the US military?  How long has this been going on now?  We are going on What..... 17 years of not pacifying the taliban despite Navy SEALs, Airpower, Armor and aircraft carriers?  And they were filthy goatfucking heathens.  I am not convinced the US military would kill its own citizens if they were taking up arms over a just constitutional crisis.  Our oath would be actually aligned with them if there was a legitimate issue of a domestic enemy in the form of the gov't.  

15 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Police legally seizing guns under Washington red flag laws - The Parkland Effect

And see, the second amendment has not gone up in flames: 

"SEATTLE – Alexander Mckenzie, a 31-year-old Army veteran who, according to court documents, is being treated for post-traumatic stress disorder, recently had his gun confiscated by the Seattle Police Department even though he had committed no crime. 

It’s one of 27 guns seized legally by the Seattle Police Department from 16 individuals since last July under Washington State’s new Extreme Risk Protection Order law. 

McKenzie had been acting strange, glaring at customers of a pizza restaurant while carrying his handgun. He now agrees with the firearm seizure. 

“I’m grateful that the police got the gun away from me,” McKenzie told Fox News. 

Washington is one of six states with high risk or red flag laws. But in the wake of the Parkland school shooting, the Brady Campaign says at least 30 states are considering them." 

http://www.worshipmedia.ca/2018/04/02/police-legally-seizing-guns-under-red-flag-laws/ 

Seattle Police First To Seize Gun Under Washington’s New Mental Health Law 

"In the wake of a recent rash of mass shootings in the United States, the Seattle Police Department became the first in the state of Washington to confiscate a citizen’s gun under a newly-enacted law. The law, called an “Extreme Risk Protection Order,” allows police officers in the state to disarm and confiscate the weapons from people deemed to be a danger to others or to themselves. 

As KOMO News reports, the private citizen who had his .25 caliber gun confiscated has not been publicly named. However, he was reportedly “well known” to his neighbors for wandering the hallways of his Belltown apartment complex carrying his gun, as well as for “staring down” customers of local businesses while packing his weapon. According to Seattle police, the unidentified man had been making people uncomfortable and intimidating them for approximately a year before his gun was confiscated." 

https://www.inquisitr.com/4817690/seattle-police-first-to-seize-gun-under-washingtons-new-mental-health-law/ 

Good, I'm glad this is finally occuring.  As long as laws are followed and there is an avenue for appeal to protect against malicious or unjust prosecution, I'm just peachy with this.  

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Who exactly is this "Left" that paid for hundreds of thousands of students to attend?

I think he may be referring to Robert Kraft, who sent a Patriots plane to fly the students to DC.  Too bad he supported President Trump.  Hardly a member of "the Left".

3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

The average citizen on their own as an outlier or a small fringe group???  Probably not well.  As a mass national uprising, the jury is out.  How did the average citizen in Afghanistan armed with only AK-47s do when they stood up to the US military?  How long has this been going on now?  We are going on What..... 17 years of not pacifying the taliban despite Navy SEALs, Airpower, Armor and aircraft carriers?  And they were filthy goatfucking heathens.  I am not convinced the US military would kill its own citizens if they were taking up arms over a just constitutional crisis.  Our oath would be actually aligned with them if there was a legitimate issue of a domestic enemy in the form of the gov't.  

I have a hunch things would go differently in Chicago as opposed to Afghanistan.

Just now, Bus Driver said:
4 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I have a hunch things would go differently in Chicago as opposed to Afghanistan.

I don't even know what that means.  

26 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Good, I'm glad this is finally occuring.  As long as laws are followed and there is an avenue for appeal to protect against malicious or unjust prosecution, I'm just peachy with this.  

Had Florida followed its own laws in this regard Cruz would never have had to buy a gun safe.

57 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I don't even know what that means.  

You brought up Afghanistan and how those folks fared against the US military.

I would probably go differently on US soil, with US citizens.

7 minutes ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Ahh more liberal lies. 

Did I say any of that? Or did I quote someone?

If you want to take that position - Did i say any of this?

On 4/1/2018 at 4:30 AM, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Wait they are students too. That makes them Tide pods eating idiots that are too young to have an opinion.

Or does that only work one way for your generalizing, ignorant, bigoted ass? 

"The Constitution does not say that government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says '... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.'"

They left out that pesky first part again . I wonder why. I mean I wonder why every single fucking time. 

18 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Zq4i3io.jpg

The 75 were carrying blue striped American flags supporting government law enforcement.

10 hours ago, chinabald said:

Trump's bigger innaguration crowd finally makes sense. 

10 hours ago, chinabald said:

8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

The March for Our Lives was held on a Saturday (March 24, 2018).

I think chinabald was speaking from his own perspective. Taco Bell is open on Saturday. 

8 minutes ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Quote? Link? Bahhh I don't care, what is wrong with supporting the police?

The reference is in the first post and you had mocked trusting government. 

I don't have a problem supporting police. Your post imoled that you do.

Or maybe you were just parroting shit without thinking it through. Like always.

4 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I think chinabald was speaking from his own perspective. Taco Bell is open on Saturday. 

I asked him to clarify this a while back.

To my amazement I got no reply.

His "perspective" is the shit filled tube he keeps his head stuffed in.

17 minutes ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Wow you is dumb, so we are not REQUIRED to have arms, we have the RIGHT to have arms. Good job dumbass.

That's not I said, fuckstik.  I said the first part was left out again. Why do think that is?

1 minute ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Local police good

Alphabet agencies bad

Big gov vs small 101

Did you think the photo was of local cops?  Seriously?

Come now Benn - you is dumb is a compliment from that idiot.

I'm always facinated with the observation that those who who claim to not trust government fully support the agents of government that can arrest or kill them. 

2 minutes ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Shall decree" means force people to comply, shall not infringe on means to allow.

Again, we can have arms, we are not forced to. English much?

I English a lot. 

Let me break it down for your illiterate ass:

I did not even express an opinion on the amendment. I asked you why the first part was left out in the quote. It always is. It's on the wall of the NRA with the first part left out. Everyone touting the amendment leaves the first part out. Why do you think that is? 

We support the the local LEO. They are not government thugs like the FBI or cia or ATF or NSA or any other bullshit government org.

How about troops in the Armed forces? 

"The Constitution does not say that government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. "

you are correct it does not say that, that is why we leave it out.

I'm guessing you are talking about the well regulated militia part?

Yeah. "The first part" like I put in the last three fucking times I asked the question.  

Only three times. You're quick tonight. 

Just now, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

The armed forces don't operate on US soil against citizens on domestic matters.

You mean like the local cops do. 

Nice qualifier. 

You said: The Constitution does not say that government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms.

No I didn't. 

1 hour ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

You know how to use the quote function? Here let me help you...

Well it looks like mbl said that, can you quote where I referenced you saying that or you sticking with more liberal lies?

Sorry. I got youvturds mixed up and quoted him by mistake. 

Tough to tell them apart.

25 minutes ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Yes you did:

That is a quote from you.

More libtatd lies?

It's a quote from the article in the first post, dumbass.

1 minute ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

That I quoted you saying. What is your argument?

I quoted part of the article including someone quoting the 2a and leaving out the part about the well regulated militia. It wasn't me posting. I was quoting the article and making the point that the first part of the amendment is always omitted. 

Is this really too tough for you?

17 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
On 4/3/2018 at 3:27 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

Wait, let me guess...

They want your .22

Yes, and other assault weapons.

I'm glad you haven't wavered in your disagreement with TeamD's plans to ban and confiscate our .22's. If people like us stick together, we can stop that foolishness.

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Yes, and other assault weapons.

I'm glad you haven't wavered in your disagreement with TeamD's plans to ban and confiscate our .22's. If people like us stick together, we can stop that foolishness.

We can overpower this foolishness with endless .22 foolishness. Go for it Tom, if you feel it is working. 

.22!

19 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

I'm only quoting you, what don't you like for the reason given in the 2A?

I'm not saying I don't like or like anything.  I am asking you why, when people quote the second amendment, they never mention the first part of it. I have asked you four times now and you never answered. 

Which I suppose in you mind counts as another debate victory.  It is obviously a "pivot" on my part to ask the same question repeatedly when I don't get an answer. 

5 minutes ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

You have not asked but once, and I had to pry it out of you in post 78 what you were even talking about.

And I have no clue why some people leave it out, likely the same reason people say they have free speech and don't recite the complete 1A.

Pivot.

I win the argument.

That was easy..

Uncooperative Tom's .22 is safe for the moment but the tsunami is building.

Illinois town votes to ban assault rifles, fine violators up to $1,000 per day

"The mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida has once again ignited the public debate around assault rifles and large capacity magazines. And while no sweeping gun control laws have been enacted at the federal level, one town in Illinois is taking matters into its own hands.

The Chicago suburb of Deerfield, Illinois voted on Monday to ban the possession, sale, and manufacture of assault weapons and large capacity magazines to "increase the public's sense of safety." What's more, CBS Chicago reports, anyone refusing to give up their banned firearm will be fined $1,000 a day until the weapon is handed over or removed from the town's limits. 

The ordinance states, "The possession, manufacture and sale of assault weapons in the Village of Deerfield is not reasonably necessary to protect an individual's right of self-defense or the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia."

So, beginning June 13, banned assault weapons in Deerfield will include semiautomatic rifles with a fixed magazine and a capacity to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, shotguns with revolving cylinders, and conversion kits from which assault weapons can be assembled. And those are just a few of the firearm varieties banned. The list is long and includes all the following models or duplicates thereof: AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms PCR, AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Dragunov SVU, Fabrique NationalFN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle, SAR-8, Sturm, Ruger Mini-14, and more.

Antique handguns that have been rendered permanently inoperable and weapons designed for Olympic target shooting events are exempt, as are retired police officers.

"We hope that our local decision helps spur state and national leaders to take steps to make our communities safer," Deerfield Mayor Harriet Rosenthal said in a press release, after the ban on assault weapons passed unanimously.

The nearby suburb of Highland Park passed a similar ban in 2013, which was contested as unconstitutional by one of the city's residents and the Illinois State Rifle Association. Ultimately, however, the ordinance was upheld in court."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illinois-town-votes-to-ban-assault-rifles-fine-violators-1000-per-day/

29 minutes ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

Good job! What was the argument on this pivot?

Doesn't matter. I win. You lose.

I shall now enjoy a cocktail in celebration of my victory. 

52 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I'll drink to that.

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

yoohoo_martini.jpg

Just sayin'

Now that you mention it... Yeah... Both RTLD AND Jack declare there own victories. Good point! 

7 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Uncooperative Tom's .22 is safe for the moment but the tsunami is building.

Illinois town votes to ban assault rifles, fine violators up to $1,000 per day

"The mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida has once again ignited the public debate around assault rifles and large capacity magazines.

That one is poorly written (not sure what is meant by "accepting" a magazine that is not detachable) but it appears to exempt my battlefield .22 because it "accepts" a fixed, tube magazine.

It does, however, ban my wife's battlefield .22 for the usual reason: the scary telescoping stock. GO TEAM D! AWAY!

Blah, blah, blah, .22