Sign in to follow this  
Nailing Malarkey Too

Gun Control English Style

They obviously need more guns & ammo.

As much as I would like slightly easier gun laws in the UK, If this country had access to guns US style, it would be a blood bath in some of the major cities. 

The gangs would shoot each to shit, and a lot of innocents will get caught in the crossfire. Literally. 

1 minute ago, mad said:

As much as I would like slightly easier gun laws in the UK, If this country had access to guns US style, it would be a blood bath in some of the major cities. 

The gangs would shoot each to shit, and a lot of innocents will get caught in the crossfire. Literally. 

Probably true.  I've always been an advocate for creating a military cordone around the high gang areas, evacuating the civilians, arming up both sides with heavy weapons but a limited ammo supply and then sealing the area off for a month or two.  When they run out of ammo and food, go in and kill or capture whoever is left.  

16 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Probably true.  I've always been an advocate for creating a military cordone around the high gang areas, evacuating the civilians, arming up both sides with heavy weapons but a limited ammo supply and then sealing the area off for a month or two.  When they run out of ammo and food, go in and kill or capture whoever is left.  

That sounds like a very well thought out practical solution.  From a twelve year old. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Unfortunately a lot of ours like traveling up and down the country for business reasons and too spread out to contain. 

And I don’t think military rule and internment camps are a good look anymore, we start that and we might get invaded by the US for a regime change. They could call it operation ‘Tea and Cake’. 

8 hours ago, benwynn said:

That sounds like a very well thought out practical solution.  From a twelve year old. 

Good thing, then, that I never claimed it was well thought out and practical.  It would be satisfying though and you could sell PPV subscriptions to televise the carnage.  We could even have a catchy title like "Escape from Baltimore".  And each week we could have a new shithole inner city highlighted.  We also definitely need to include the white rural Meth and Opioid shitholes as well lest we be accused of racial profiling.  

Maybe even jack's F-35 could finally see some real combat.  ;)

They sure "look" guilty.  That's reason enough.

And the token white bit is a nice touch that shows you're thinking ahead. 

15 hours ago, Hillary said:

image.thumb.png.ddaa4e92be5a118e88ffc06b259e7a37.png

Cherry picking. New York is not representative of the entire of the USA. London is not representative the entire of England.

Gun control, England style, results in a murder rate a mere 18% of what the USA has. In other words, they have over 5x the success the USA has in managing their murders. Got to be a little embarrassing for the yanks that even England is kicking their ass in protecting their citizens.

9 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:
9 hours ago, mad said:

But, but, but... no other first world country has gang problems, drug crime, or social media like the USA. The fact United Kingdom has a mere 18% of the USA's homicide rate must mean they are free of such problems. Cos if we can't blame the gangs, drug crime, income inequality, social media, etc that they clearly don't have, we might have to look at guns. :rolleyes: 

You know I'm starting to feel deprived.. Despite living in London for years..I've never actually seen a handgun..( apart from police side arms, Holstered..Oh..and one stupid security guy showing off.

6 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

You know I'm starting to feel deprived.. Despite living in London for years..I've never actually seen a handgun..( apart from police side arms, Holstered..Oh..and one stupid security guy showing off.

Say what? In a country with less that a fifth of the US murder rate, you're saying that hand guns are so rare you've only ever seen one person outside law enforcement with one? Complete coincidence I assure you. There is no relationship between the two whatsoever.

I'll be here all week. Try the veal with T&P sauce ;) 

And when have either of you two fuckknuckles ever seen a handgun carried by someone in the US other than a cop?  

I know you two have a mental image that the US is like the wild west John Wayne or Clint Eastwood movies where everyone is walking around with a double holster rig and an AR-15 slung over one shoulder.  But I think you would be shocked to find that is not the case.  

20 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

And when have either of you two fuckknuckles ever seen a handgun carried by someone in the US other than a cop?

Pictures of openly carrying nutters were readily available in the reporting on tea party & other right wing rallies. Your memory starting to go, Jeffie?

I know you two have a mental image that the US is like the wild west John Wayne or Clint Eastwood movies where everyone is walking around with a double holster rig and an AR-15 slung over one shoulder.  But I think you would be shocked to find that is not the case.  

Imagine I said something like that. Just imagine I even raised the subject of rifles as opposed to hand guns. You do realise the AR-15 is not a "hand gun" right? I thought, given you're one of PA's resident pedantic gun terminology nit-pickers in firearm threads, we wouldn't have to remind you about that.  Definitely should get your memory looked into. It can decline quite quickly once it starts in you old farts.

6 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Not long ago I saw a fat slob biker outside the Bellingham Harbour Freight with an automatic semi-auto pistol in a holster Velcro'd low on his thigh like a little kid pretending to be a gunslinger.

And that's in leftie/pinko Washington State. I can just imagine what it's like in places like South Carolina.

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Not long ago I saw a fat slob biker outside the Bellingham Harbour Freight with an automatic semi-auto pistol in a holster Velcro'd low on his thigh like a little kid pretending to be a gunslinger.

And that's in leftie/pinko Washington State. I can just imagine what it's like in places like South Carolina.

Yes, everyone is armed down south.  Hell, except for Kalifornia and most of the new england states - every citizen is ISSUED a handgun.  Its mandatory to carry it out in public.  And tuesdays are rifle days and Saturday is "shottie day".  I would suggest you stay up in canuckistan and stay safe.  We take a dim view of librul furriners down here.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yes, everyone is armed down south.  Hell, except for Kalifornia and most of the new england states - every citizen is ISSUED a handgun.  Its mandatory to carry it out in public.  And tuesdays are rifle days and Saturday is "shottie day".  I would suggest you stay up in canuckistan and stay safe.  We take a dim view of librul furriners down here.

And you wonder why no-one will give you the "serious discussion" you crave for an hour or two every other month :rolleyes: 

You fucked up. When that happens, some people garner respect by admitting it and moving on... and others not worth of respect go full retard. It looks like we know which way you bend.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Youtube begs to differ shirley...

5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Well one things for sure, after years of hanging around here, Jeffie's finally learned how to use sarcasm...well done  :clap:

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Guns are so last century, knives and acid are the favourites these days. 

8 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Good thing, then, that I never claimed it was well thought out and practical.  It would be satisfying though and you could sell PPV subscriptions to televise the carnage.  We could even have a catchy title like "Escape from Baltimore".  And each week we could have a new shithole inner city highlighted.  We also definitely need to include the white rural Meth and Opioid shitholes as well lest we be accused of racial profiling.  

Maybe even jack's F-35 could finally see some real combat.  ;)

91DyUaxO8xL._SY445_.jpg.5ed876ace72ae5fdb0d2b4fe75640ef7.jpg

4 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Well one things for sure, after years of hanging around here, Jeffie's finally learned how to use sarcasm...

Albeit not well.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Well one things for sure, after years of hanging around here, Jeffie's finally learned how to use sarcasm...

Albeit not well.

You're just mad I didn't use the purple font for you so you didn't look so stupid.

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You're just mad I didn't use the purple font for you so you didn't look so stupid.

Yup, that's it alright.

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yeah, we need lots of props to be able to keep up with you.

8 minutes ago, ease the sheet said:

You cant stop the crazies.

But you can make them less lethal. Which is what we do. Which is what England does. Which is why the USA has over five times their homicide rate.

10 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

But you can make them less lethal. Which is what we do. Which is what England does. Which is why the USA has over five times their homicide rate.

Um, well, yeah.

Maybe I was a bit too subtle.

2 hours ago, ease the sheet said:

Um, well, yeah.

Maybe I was a bit too subtle.

It was. Not for your average punter mind you... but we have to remember Princess Jeffie has turned up for his daily dose of "serious conversation".