• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Port Phillip Sailor

Volvo RTW Race - April Fools joke. In poor taste

2 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

This may have been covered elsewhere but I can't find anything.

The April Fools joke on the Front Page is in poor taste considering the incident mentioned caused the death of a fisherman.

No more so than a swastika in your avatar....

23 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

The April Fools joke on the Front Page is in poor taste considering the incident mentioned caused the death of a fisherman.

As are many of your posts, here, there, everywhere along with your proudly displayed avatar and all it means to you.

• Like 1

Jokes are often in poor taste, some more than others. It is what makes them jokes. The one you are referring to, was much better than the football field turned in to a sailing puddle IMO.

8 minutes ago, Unkle Crusty said:

Jokes are often in poor taste, some more than others. It is what makes them jokes. The one you are referring to, was much better than the football field turned in to a sailing puddle IMO.

It's not so funny when someone has died.

34 minutes ago, familysailor said:

Do a 90 degree rotation, and your avatar sure looks like a Nazi eagle!  Just what are you trying to sneak past us?

2 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Do a 90 degree rotation, and your avatar sure looks like a Nazi eagle!  Just what are you trying to sneak past us?

Just changed my Avatar photo for you!

1 minute ago, familysailor said:

Just changed my Avatar photo for you!

You sick bastard. Now you’ve adopted the flag of a country known for ruling over colonies with little regards to civil rights. So now you support the Nazis and colonizing the world?!?  What’s wrong with you?

1 minute ago, Monkey said:

You sick bastard. Now you’ve adopted the flag of a country known for ruling over colonies with little regards to civil rights. So now you support the Nazis and colonizing the world?!?  What’s wrong with you?

I can't help myself, P. Phil Swabbie made me do it!

52 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

Image result for there is no accounting for some people taste
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

It's not so funny when someone has died.

I thought it was funny, and I will not change my sense of humour. As I said above, jokes are like that, some folks think they are funny, others think they are disgusting. It was about retribution for the crash, which was okay with me. Buggered if I know what others think, and really it does not matter. How about " Did you here the one about the shark, that came to a screaming Holt " Is that funny? " "Names Goff and I'm off".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unkle Crusty said:

I thought it was funny, and I will not change my sense of humour. As I said above, jokes are like that, some folks think they are funny, others think they are disgusting. It was about retribution for the crash, which was okay with me. Buggered if I know what others think, and really it does not matter. How about " Did you here the one about the shark, that came to a screaming Holt " Is that funny? " "Names Goff and I'm off".

Are you aware that a fisherman died in that collision?

If you are and you think that's funny, then you have a warped sense of humor.

1 hour ago, Unkle Crusty said:

Was that in a swimming pool?

2 hours ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

Are you aware that a fisherman died in that collision?

If you are and you think that's funny, then you have a warped sense of humor.

Yes I am aware that a person died. And thank you for the compliment. However I have not been blessed with the ability to cast judgement, with so little info. Are you aware that the Holt joke is about a dead person. Maybe you missed that one.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cosmicsedso said:

Was that in a swimming pool?

Both my comments refer to politicians in Ozz. They are not sure what happened to Holt. One rumour was he may have drowned in the big puddle, hence the joke. The other refers to Geof ( pronounced like goff ) Whitlam who was caught doing some hanky panky. Kind of sticks like Nixon's I am not a crook comment. This is all from memory and may wonder from the actual facts a bit.

6 minutes ago, Unkle Crusty said:

Both my comments refer to politicians in Ozz. They are not sure what happened to Holt. One rumour was he may have drowned in the big puddle, hence the joke. The other refers to Geof ( pronounced like goff ) Whitlam who was caught doing some hanky panky. Kind of sticks like Nixon's I am not a crook comment. This is all from memory and may wonder from the actual facts a bit.

Holt? He went off with Elvis in a Chinese submarine and are living on an island near Tahiti.

Whitlam? Caught with his pants down in a whorehouse in New Orleans.

6 hours ago, familysailor said:

good one 

• Like 1

Thank you for reminding me of the most inappropriately named pool in the world.

Mind you it is a nice place for a swim.

13 hours ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

Yes indeed. Poor taste 

And no mention of maritime authorities  findings of guilt

if this accident had happened in Australia the media would keep you updated 

looks like the dead fisherman will end up as unfortunate collateral damage 

8 hours ago, cosmicsedso said:

My reference was to The Harold Holt Memorial SWIMMING Pool in Malvern (?)

Only in Australia!

Yes, they named a pool after Holt. I misspelled Whitlam's first name. It should be Gough. I have never been to Ozz. A trip is on the list for Mrs Snippets and I.

On 4/4/2018 at 1:46 PM, Port Phillip Sailor said:

Holt? He went off with Elvis in a Chinese submarine and are living on an island near Tahiti.

Whitlam? Caught with his pants down in a whorehouse in New Orleans.

Malcolm Fraser wandering outside New Orleans Whorehouse without his pants.